298 replies to this topic

#91 antovolk

antovolk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

the "super-HD" copy with the highest quality video and surround sound audio for your home theatres:

https://mega.co.nz/#...X9WrRIxKOrX5arE

(if you have issues with dialogue coming from the left hand side, switch to the second Dolby Digital AC3 track. Turns out it's an issue with some older players and VLC player with LPCM lossless audio)

#92 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

Seeing Christoph Waltz face Craig towards the end was super!

I hope I can rocket him to my favourite villain behind Max Zorin and knock Franz Sanchez from #2!

Given the direction they've taken, he could be the villain behind Zorin and Sanchez!

#93 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

the "super-HD" copy with the highest quality video and surround sound audio for your home theatres:

https://mega.co.nz/#...X9WrRIxKOrX5arE

(if you have issues with dialogue coming from the left hand side, switch to the second Dolby Digital AC3 track. Turns out it's an issue with some older players and VLC player with LPCM lossless audio)

Absolutely amazing! Thanks for this.

Also!

#94 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

I noticed the scene where it looks like Bellucci is about to get shot but then the shooters go down, seems like a reversal of the sacrificial lamb people are dreading.

#95 Emma

Emma

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

Looks promising....but I will reserve my final opinion until I see the film. That being said the Swann character really sounds shrill and hysterical. The antithesis of a 'Bond girl'. I hope that she's better in the film.

#96 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

I noticed the scene where it looks like Bellucci is about to get shot but then the shooters go down, seems like a reversal of the sacrificial lamb people are dreading.

I really hope it's Bond who takes those guys out because it's so damn fast. Perfect way of showing how good Bond is at his job. 

The speed of those kills are insane. Bond. Only Bond. 

#97 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

Looks promising....but I will reserve my final opinion until I see the film. That being said the Swann character really sounds shrill and hysterical. The antithesis of a 'Bond girl'. I hope that she's better in the film.

She shouts once in the trailer - at the man who shot her dad in the leg, threw him a boot and then had a car chase; her dad still locked in that boot.

I think she's aloud to get shout at Bond.

#98 chriso

chriso

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

At around 00:40 check the background, you'll notice a black Aston Martin DB9 and another interesting car,...

...'the' DB5?! Could it be Bond's?!

#99 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

I really hope it's Bond who takes those guys out because it's so damn fast. Perfect way of showing how good Bond is at his job. 

The speed of those kills are insane. Bond. Only Bond. 

I couldn't figure it would be anyone else.

#100 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

Incredible.

tumblr_nrwkyx0jh31qepqgko8_1280.png

Spot Bond.

#101 Silva25

Silva25

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:12 PM

It was really good:

-It did give me OHMSS vibes (heck they even started playing the theme).

-Lea Seydoux is amazing and her conversation with Bond harkens back to his conversation with Vesper in CR (intentionally I'm sure).

-Bautista as Mr. Hinx looks fierce.

-Monica Bellucci ages like fine wine and the prospect of a 50 year old "Bond Girl" intrigues me.  And she's older than the Bond actor himself, which rarely happens.

-It definitely looks like the "Oberhauser was behind the plots in all of the Craig films" is looking more and more likely.

-Christoph Waltz was born to play a Bond villain.  Just the right amount of "controlled menace."

-The cinematography/action looks great.

All in all, really well done.

#102 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

That's part of the Tom Jones Thunderball theme  at the beginning (when Bond says 'Unpaid leave').

So along with the the fantastic OHMSS cue in there i wonder if the score will be something of a medley (hope so).

I'm guessing they'll make the OHMSS cue the new SPECTRE theme (not the title track, but the cue that goes along with their scenes in the movie).

Also, my guesses are Seydoux is White's daughter and Waltz's sister and --maybe-- that makes her Bond's step sister (or is that already a known?) Well, definitely White's daughter.

And that shot of Scott is very arch indeed, so i'm sticking to my theory that he will be revealed as Blofeld in the finale.

#103 mummyboy11

mummyboy11

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

Loved the trailer but I got even more intrigued about the discussion here about the voice-off in the middle.

I don't know about you guys but aside from Bond I'm also a Sherlock fanatic and I can assure you ten million per cent that it's Andrew Scott's voice there.

Besides most dubbed trailers often screw up stuff or use same actors to do different characters voices. They might have thought it was Waltz voice as I did at first "look". In the German trailer it's a german voice, can't say if it's Waltz or not, but in the English one there is no doubt about it being Scott. I think I'll take the original one as the most reliable.

Question: Could it be possible for Andrew Scott to be revealed as Blofeld, maybe having this Waltz character of Oberhauser as father? Would it screw the aging difference between Bond and Blofeld too much?

And know it's only 2 or 3 months for the release. Yesssssss!

#104 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:52 PM

The part where Bond shoots at someone through the window in Mexico reminds me of Bond trying to kill Sanchez with the aid of the exploding cigarette pack in Licence To Kill.

#105 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:01 PM

It's so strange. The more I hear the English trailer, the more I'm convinced it's Andrew Scott speaking in the middle. The sing-song tone is precisely the same as his delivery in other roles, most notably in Sherlock.

I don't doubt it's Oberhauser in other languages my ear isn't native to though.

Bizarre.

You know, to me it seems that Waltz is speaking at the beginning and end but the voice sounds slightly different in the middle part. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a slight of hand to disguise the real storyline.

I hate it when TV ads for the next episode of a series twists things around to make it look/sound like it's one thing but when you watch the episode it's plays out in completely different context.

Almost betting this is what's happening here. To me the middle part is not spoken by Waltz.

But what do I know, Elvis speaks to me all the time!

#106 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:02 PM

I have been flicking between both trailers and I have to say I am far more intrigued by this film over and above Skyfall.

The film looks sumptuous.  I just hope they maintain that timbre and don't fill it with various, 'He looks like he's in a hurry.' type lines.

Very classic.  Very much looking forward to The Big Day.

#107 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

Question: Could it be possible for Andrew Scott to be revealed as Blofeld, maybe having this Waltz character of Oberhauser as father? Would it screw the aging difference between Bond and Blofeld too much?

Indeed, it's what i just suggested in my comment above. I don't see Blofeld being killed off in SPECTRE and imho it's unlikely that Waltz has signed a multi-picture deal to reprise the roll for another 2 or 3 movies. Whereas Scott has already received much adoration for his moriarty (a very Blofeld-like character) and i'm sure he'd be happy to villainise several movies as Blofeld.

On the other hand, with Craig probably only doing one more Bond it perhaps makes sense that they'd change actors for Blofeld along with Bond, so my thoery certainly isn't watertight.

But after seeing that 'arch-villain' pose from Scott in the trailer i wouldn't be surprised if Waltz really is just an Oberhauser with a grudge and that Scott is the real puppet master operating from within MI6

#108 whitesox

whitesox

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:29 PM

Did you see the name "Emma Pill" on the wall? More than a simple hommage to Diana Rigg.

The names on the wall are various members of the SPECTRE crew.

Except that there is no "Emma Pill" in the Spectre crew. And the only Emma Peel I know is Diana Rigg.

Edited by whitesox, 22 July 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#109 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:44 PM

Did you see the name "Emma Pill" on the wall? More than a simple hommage to Diana Rigg.

The names on the wall are various members of the SPECTRE crew.

Except that there is no "Emma Pill" in the Spectre crew. And the only Emma Peel I know is Diana Rigg.

She works for C&M Location Services and according to their website she worked on SPECTRE.

#110 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:51 PM

The film looks lovely and expensive.

It really does look expensive. Even more so than SF.

And practical effects seem to be the real winners this year in movies. Fortunately.

Yeah, Fury Road is easily my favorite movie so far and this looks very retro-cool too. I remember joining CBN 12 years ago and all I did was bitch about how awful Die another Day was. Thank god for the D'Craig-reboot era!  Bond is Back! B)  :D  ;)

#111 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:06 PM

It's so strange. The more I hear the English trailer, the more I'm convinced it's Andrew Scott speaking in the middle. The sing-song tone is precisely the same as his delivery in other roles, most notably in Sherlock.

I don't doubt it's Oberhauser in other languages my ear isn't native to though.

Bizarre.

Funny. Just had the first opportunity to watch the trailer with *proper* sound. I was dead certain that it's Waltz throughout those sentences. But after watching the English version now, I had second thoughts. Could it be Andrew Scott indeed? Watching the German version makes it clear to me: it's Waltz all the time. And it can't be a mix-up, as Waltz would know which lines he has to dub. And there is another indicator in the German version: the use of the German word "Du" for the English "You", which indicates that it's a conversation between old friends or family, and it's highly unlikely that Scott's character would talk to anyone in that way.

#112 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

I still can't get over how seriously excellent everything looks. I am so excited to see this movie.

#113 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

JBR

SPECTRE Full Trailer Reaction

#114 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:17 AM

JBR

SPECTRE Full Trailer Reaction

Yeah I mean....pretty much dead on. I think I even said " Majesty's!" when I heard it the first time too.

#115 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:57 AM

LOVED IT! Better than BvS in my opinion.

Thinking the blond girl may be Tracy, wishful thinking but it might happen...yet still may happen.

Calling it: Andrew Scott is Blofeld and Oberhauser is a blind...like Emilio Largo

#116 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:04 AM

interesting that a touch of OHMSS is in there. wonder who's idea that is. Looks good, although a rather bleak look to the locale's,

for the me the film still rests on who Oberhauser is, what his motives are and if it's at all plausible .

#117 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:42 AM

Also!

This is really brutal, but is it possible that at 4:31-34ish

Spoiler

#118 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:04 AM

Nice spot! 

2 million views and counting...

11720708_10153577074899363_1828785006_n.

#119 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:21 AM

With some 25,000 likes to only 550 dislikes...that is a VERY good sign!! :)

#120 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:25 AM

LOVED IT! Better than BvS in my opinion.

I agree. And when push comes to shove, I'm a bigger Bond fan.