627 replies to this topic

#91 Invincible1958

Invincible1958

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

Unfortunate development involving Via Quattro Fontane. I'm curious to see what their solution will be.

As I understand it, it's just one street corner (or one square) where they are not allowed to film.

Some media reports say, that they are not allowed to film the compete car chase in Rome. But that's not the case, isn't it?

#92 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

Unfortunate development involving Via Quattro Fontane. I'm curious to see what their solution will be.

As I understand it, it's just one street corner (or one square) where they are not allowed to film.

Some media reports say, that they are not allowed to film the compete car chase in Rome. But that's not the case, isn't it?

No, as you say it appears to be only one street corner. The planning with officials in Rome wouldn't have got this far if there was any doubt over the majority of the streets being available to use.

#93 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

If it's just a quick shot of the cars swerving around the fountain, they could probably get away with comping them into the location footage.

#94 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

Loads of interesting stuff here. A breakdown of most locations that are going to be used in Rome.

http://www.007travel...etails.html?m=1

#95 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:14 AM

Loads of interesting stuff here. A breakdown of most locations that are going to be used in Rome.

http://www.007travel...etails.html?m=1

Fantastic detail about how the chase and other scenes look set to pan out.

A list of the reported locations:

• Porta San Pancrazio
  • Via Garabaldi (this has great views over the city, so that may be a nice establishing shot)
  • Teatro di Marcello
  • Corso Vittorio Emanuele II
  • Via Nomentana
  • Via Quattro Novembre 
  • Via Panisperna
  • Borgo Vittorio
  • Via degli Ombrellari 
  • Via della Conciliazione
  • Passetto di Borgo
  • Tiber River
  • Scalo De Pinedo
  • Ponte Sisto
  • Villa di Fiorano
  • Campo Verano

Just noticed there's a Villa Sciarra in Rome. I wonder if that was considered at all, or scouted, as Bellucci's character takes the same name.

Edited by Vauxhall, 13 January 2015 - 02:14 AM.

#96 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:22 AM

Very cool.

#97 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

Just noticed there's a Villa Sciarra in Rome. I wonder if that was considered at all, or scouted, as Bellucci's character takes the same name.

Thanks Vauxhall! I have great expectations about the Rome scenes.
About 'Sciarra', for the record the History department of the university of Roma La Sapienza is set in a building called the 'ex Vetreria Sciarra', a former glass factiry recently rehabilitated because it was part of Rome's industrial heritage. It's in San Lorenzo, about 10 minutes by feet from the lain station, Termini. Quite a vibrant neighbourhood, it would be nice to have scenes sdhot there (but highly unlikely I suppose).

#98 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:47 PM

Italian Specter of Pope Innocent X's lover is casing filming chaos for SPECTRE - apparently a bridge that they were looking to film a parachuting stunt at is causing anger among religious locals because it's meant to be haunted by an old popes ex-lover - they may have to find a new location.

You couldn't make it up :wacko: 

http://www.mirror.co...spectre-5037584

#99 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

Wow.. What a nuisance!!

#100 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

Don't think they'll be looking to shoot in Rome again anytime soon....

#101 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

Just what I was thinking.. Had all this hullabaloo happened back in pre-production, I would have expected the crew to have totally abandoned Rome for a substitute city and/or country.

#102 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:30 PM

You'd have thought the City would have signed off on the action before the Bond team went into production proper - they have to get permission to film, including detailed reports of what's planned, risk reports etc so those in the Italian side would know exactly what was planned and how it would happen - If they do cause problems, I'd of thought Eon, Danjaq and Sony would be within their rights to claim some damages.

#103 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:30 PM

A nuisance indeed. If alternatives really need to be made, hopefully they don't alter the shooting script too much. 

#104 Kamran.Shah

Kamran.Shah

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:45 AM

well, I guess I would still take it with a grain of salt. Couldn't find anything about this story in Italian media (at least the online ones) over the last week... Any of our Italian friends here know more?

#105 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

seem like there is miscommunication between city and the crew......I would think they would have permission before filming there......finding a alternative location will take time which could delay scheduling 

#106 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

If it's true, it would seem the city gave permission to film, but it's only now that religious groups are protesting. It all hinges on how much the city authorities are bothered by that. I'd wager they'll still use the bridge, complaints or otherwise.

#107 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

If it's true, it would seem the city gave permission to film, but it's only now that religious groups are protesting. It all hinges on how much the city authorities are bothered by that. I'd wager they'll still use the bridge, complaints or otherwise.

That's what I'd say too. 

I mean, the main cause for concern seems to be upsetting the ghost of Donna Olimpia Pamphili, Pope Innocent X’s lover, who is believed by some to walk the Ponte Sisto at night heading for the long dead Pope's bed.

Can some old Pope having inappropriate sex with this woman really be of religious significance to anyone sensible? 

If they cancel filming there based on the feelings of people who believe in a haunted bridge and (for some deranged reason) hold dear the pontiff's sexploits ... well, I can't see it happening. 

#108 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

My thoughts too. I don't think will end being much of an issue.

#109 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Religious groups (Roman Catholic, presumably) are protesting because the bridge is haunted (haunted? a no-no in the Catholic church) by the former lover (a lover? no-no) of Pope Innocent X (lover of a pope?), a pope who almost didn't even get a proper burial? This sounds like it's either bogus, or some people create a mess because they didn't get the bribe they think they deserve. I can understand if people are afraid about the bridge taking damage, but this?

Of course, this is brought to us exclusively by the Mirror, so heaven knows if there's any truth to it at all...

#110 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

I'm a religious person, and, frankly, it sounds wacko to me.

#111 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

Keep Calm and Trust In Bond... That's the approach I'm taking..lol! Yeah, I'm sure the production will still carry on with the sequence. Reminds me of the Greek monks at Meteora protesting the For Your Eyes Only filming.

#112 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:50 PM

Also: hey, guys, it's from the "Mirror"! :D

I'm guessing that all this stems from articles published in the Italian press about 2 weeks ago, and mentionning the "haunting" history of the bridge. Some "journalist" must have found inspiration there. 

Here is one of those articles, giving some details about the planned scene, including the date of shooting: night of March 12th

http://www.ilmessagg...e/1111695.shtml

#113 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

ghost of Donna Olimpia Pamphili

CB_ghostbusters_cast_jef_140226_16x9_608

Get these guys on the horn!

#114 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

Keep Calm and Trust In Bond... That's the approach I'm taking..lol! Yeah, I'm sure the production will still carry on with the sequence. Reminds me of the Greek monks at Meteora protesting the For Your Eyes Only filming.

I wish everyone took this approach when they were freaking out over the emails.

#115 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

Perhaps those here with a background in film production can advise, but is it common for such a production to hit such obstacles as Spectre has so far? They had the bad luck with the weather in Austria, now this kerfuffle over a bridge in Rome. It just seems that the film makers are having to overcome one problem after another to get the film made. And never mind the major problem of those leaks!

So, has Spectre just hit a rotten run of luck, and if so, is it the kind of thing that can bedevil any film?

#116 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya! The SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion does not want it's secrets revealed, so it's doing everything in it's power to derail the production. Damn you, Ernst! Damn you!

#117 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

Or it might be Quantum! "We have people everywhere". Including, it seems, from beyond the grave! ;)

#118 Invincible1958

Invincible1958

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

German actor Detlef Bothe just told a newspaper, that he received a call from Debbie McWilliams, and that his part in SPECTRE now will be bigger that planned before.

The most interessting news in this article is, that he will be shooting from Feb 9th on in either Rome or Brazil:

http://www.bz-berlin...nz-zum-fiessein

Could it be, that all the Rome settings will be replaced by a brazilian city, because of the problems in Rome?

#119 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

Now that's interesting. Rome could make sense if he's a henchman of sorts. Brazil is curious - but that could be an obvious replacement for Mexico if there were problems with that part of the shoot.

#120 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

Woah.

Spoiler

Edited by DamnCoffee, 26 January 2015 - 03:55 PM.