Talamone

#33 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:13 AM

Spot on Vauxhall. Also, as referenced by M in LALD - "The Italians were rather impressed by the way you handled the Rome affair." - Okay, it doesn't really count as it was in passing, but I did happen to catch LALD the other day. Given all this, it did make me chuckle.

Fact of the matter is this. we know Rome is a lock at this point. The when and what leaves us wondering. We're five weeks out from filming.

I'm guessing Rome will be where the press conference will be held.

I must say, in times like this, I am always thrilled at the mutual collaboration here on CBn. Dammit...We do "have people everywhere".

Carry on and ears to the ground.  B)

#34 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

I wonder why the Bond films find themselves returning to Italy from time to time? Is it just to do with the story? The splendid background scenery? Is it less expensive to film there? I only ask because it's a big world out there and there are still places Bond hasn't been to yet on film. I'm not suggesting sending Bond to, say, Australia or Canada or even the South Pole :) because he's not been there yet - only that it surely might be possible to run part of the story in a place we've never seen him in before, if the story allows.

There's nothing wrong with filming in Italy again - I'm just puzzled why it seems to be a backdrop of choice for Bond several times over.

#35 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:10 AM

I wonder why the Bond films find themselves returning to Italy from time to time? Is it just to do with the story? The splendid background scenery? Is it less expensive to film there? I only ask because it's a big world out there and there are still places Bond hasn't been to yet on film. I'm not suggesting sending Bond to, say, Australia or Canada or even the South Pole :) because he's not been there yet - only that it surely might be possible to run part of the story in a place we've never seen him in before, if the story allows.

There's nothing wrong with filming in Italy again - I'm just puzzled why it seems to be a backdrop of choice for Bond several times over.

Couldn't agree more than you.

#36 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

6 films, I believe, have scenes set in Italy: FRWL, TSWLM, MR, FYEO, CR, QOS

That's right. For anyone who wants the breakdown of specific places:

Venice (3 times)
Sardinia
Cortina d'Ampezzo
Lake Como
Lake Garda
Siena
Talamone

Hence, why I'd just like to see some place new. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Bond's only ever been to France twice. The PTS of Thunderball and AVTAK.

#37 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

Venice (3 times)
Sardinia
Cortina d'Ampezzo
Lake Como
Lake Garda
Siena
Talamone
Hence, why I'd just like to see some place new. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Bond's only ever been to France twice. The PTS of Thunderball and AVTAK.
Parts of MOONRAKER and GOLDENEYE were also filmed there, but largely doubling for somewhere else.

I'd guess EON must just have a good relationship with the Italian film authorities. I love Italy, but it's still interesting why it's been favoured so heavily.

I guess the producers just have soft spots for certain places. Istanbul has also featured an above-average three times.

#38 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

I'm guessing Rome will be where the press conference will be held.

It's been reported that they don't get to Italy until February and March. 

http://translate.goo...nd/&prev=search

I would imagine that there will be a press junket once they are there (like the one in Istanbul last time), but the start of shoot press conference will most likely be in London (I'd bet at Pinewood actually, this time) or perhaps even Austria if there is any delay in holding it. 

#39 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

One for the wisecracks ;) 
MR, a lot of which was shot in France, even tough none of it is actually meant to be France. The Drax chateau, for example. Many years ago, I visited the famous Centre Pompidou in Paris. When I came to the end of the escalator on the top floor, I realized that it was the exact place where Bond meets Dr Goodhead. A nice surprise, as I was unaware of that, before.

#40 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:18 AM

Venice (3 times)
Sardinia
Cortina d'Ampezzo
Lake Como
Lake Garda
Siena
Talamone

It's actually the country (apart from England of course) that has the most number of settings in the entire series.

Question: in the end credits of Daylights, Italy is credited as a location. Does anyone know where and what scene was filmed there?

#41 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

The skiing sequences were filmed on the Austro - Italian border.  Guessing they did in fact cross over once or twice.

#42 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

Bond 24 won't shoot in Caserta:

http://www.casertamo...to-alla-reggia/

#43 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:09 AM

Could you translate the essentials?  Why did they cancel?  Do they say where they will shoot instead?

#44 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

Well it basically suggests that with the rewriting probably the scene that should have taken place there has been cancelled.
I don't know if there was any real opportunity of shooting there or if those were only rumors
Oh, and no indication about any replacement place in the article

Edited by SkyfallCraig, 20 November 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#45 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

The article says that a rewrite of the script is the main reason why they've dropped Caserta as a location.

#46 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

Thanks, guys!

#47 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:31 AM

Ah well, it seems that filming in Caserta has been cancelled, due to "problems of organisation" or a "script rewrite": 

http://www.casertamo...to-alla-reggia/

#48 Kamran.Shah

Kamran.Shah

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

Some exciting details about the shot in Rome... (Sorry, I do not have the time to correct the quite crappy google translate version I get... any native speakers?)

http://www.huffingto..._n_6207576.html

#49 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

Thrilling chase through the streets of the historic center, gymkhana, fights, even a car that flies in the Tiber. While Bond lands by parachute nothing short of Ponte Sisto, in the heart of the Eternal City. Filmed partly in Rome, where the shoot is scheduled from 19 February to 12 March 2015, the new 007 film -super mega production of the Metro Goldwyn Mayer and directed by Sam Mendes (same Skyfall) and Daniel Craig once again in the role of secret agent more fascinating than ever - in Serbia has a series of spectacular scenes between buildings and ancient monuments.

Three location for many scenes with a high rate adrenal have already been programmed in Borgo Vittorio, near the Vatican, with a speeding car that clashes in the night with a Fiat 500, another high-speed chase, always at night, along Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, and then on LungoTevere, where even a car ends up in the river after a flight, even to say, spectacular. But the scene will remain in the memory is undoubtedly the one in which the ineffable Bond (who knows if in a tuxedo) will launch, always at night, from a helicopter flying over the city landing on the fifteenth-century bridge built by Pope Sixtus V to connect Piazza Trilussa, the heart of Trastevere, the other side of the city.

Edited by DamnCoffee, 23 November 2014 - 07:01 PM.

#50 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

It's not "in Serbia".
"In serbo", other than "in serbian language", in italian means also that he is expected to do something

#51 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

Sounds great!! Thanks for the link, Kamran and too you, Coffee for the translation!!

#52 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

The Hollywood Reporter has now written up details of the Rome filming plans, based on the ANSA article. http://www.hollywood...nes-rome-751805

While details are still under wraps, a source confirmed that shooting was planned for Rome. Italian news agency ANSA reported that Rome will host no less than three key action scenes for the upcoming film. Several night-time high-speed car chases are planned through the historical centre’s narrow, winding streets, as well as on main thoroughfare Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, with one car ending up in the Tiber river, it reported.

Another high-speed car chase will reportedly result in an iconic Fiat 500 getting crushed in Borgo Vittorio, near the Vatican. And perhaps most memorably, Bond will parachute from a helicopter onto Ponte Sisto, a 15th century pedestrian bridge that connects Trastevere to the center, ANSA said.

There will also be scenes shot outside of Rome, in Campania, in the Royal Palace of Caserta, known as the Versailles of Italy, according to the report. The new James Bond project is expected to hit theaters in late 2015.

Production in Italy will run Feb. 19-March 12. Having 007 in Rome marks a major win for the city’s film industry. Production offices will be based at the Cinecitta studios.

#53 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

A high speed car chase at night? Consider me sold. Too many car chases in daylight. That sequence sounds fun.

#54 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

So far, the action sequences in BOND 24 are sounding great.

#55 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:39 PM

Indeed! A night-time car chase, or three, around the streets of Rome sounds awesome! :)

#56 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:25 AM

I like the sound of Bond parachuting onto this bridge from a helicopter. I wonder if he will take off his tactical gear to reveal a suit underneath upon landing?

Bond 25 seems like it will have real flair. The skidoo chase particularly has my attention.

#57 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

They won't even think about using this, of course, but how about this for a one-liner:  "The Queen showed me how to do this"?

#58 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

Indeed! A night-time car chase, or three, around the streets of Rome sounds awesome! :)

That would get me far more interested in Rome. The city takes on a different flavor at night. I remember having dinner at the foot of the Coliseum when I was there at night and I couldn't believe the view. However, didn't Archer beat Bond to having a nighttime car chase around Rome?

#59 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

It's actually the country (apart from England of course) that has the most number of settings in the entire series.

Question: in the end credits of Daylights, Italy is credited as a location. Does anyone know where and what scene was filmed there?

I think the United States might actually have it beat:

Miami (twice GF, CR; unrelated, but also mentioned as the target for the bombs in TB)

Kentucky (GF)

Las Vegas (DAF)

New York City (LALD)

New Orleans (LALD; also EON if we're counting games)

California (MR; although filmed in France)

San Francisco (AVTAK)

Key West, FL (LTK)

#60 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

A high speed car chase at night? Consider me sold. Too many car chases in daylight. That sequence sounds fun.

Should be sweet right. I think CR had the first night time car chase in a Bond film and we know how that ended.