2005 replies to this topic

#181 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:06 AM

Australian Doctor Who fans, June 29 is the date for season four. Same as previous years, it will be broadcast on ABC, 7.30pm on Saturday nights.

I wrongly said last year's timeslot was 7.30 when it was in fact 8.30. How forgetful of me. :tup:

The time for Voyage of the Damned on ABC on June 29 is now confirmed to be at 7:30pm instead of 8:30pm as previously thought. This is due to its length of 72 minutes.

http://www.tvtonight...-of-damned.html

#182 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:53 AM

Last nights episode was a supsrisingly good episode! :tup: I always feel when there's a really good two parter, the follow up episode is a bit of a letdown. Not this time, it was a brilliant, chilling story. The next time trailer was very good aswell, apparently...

Posted Image
The Doctor's dead, and Rose is back!

#183 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

Here is the synopsis for Episode 11 of Series 4, entitled - Turn Left...

Spoiler

#184 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:11 PM

David Tennant has yet to consider his Doctor Who future. Tennant has said "I've not really been asked yet, if and when I'm asked then I'll consider the question." Tennant will be appearing in several specials in 2009 to fill the gap between the current fourth season and the fifth. Here’s hoping Tennant continues this role he has made his own and builds a legacy.

#185 baerrtt

baerrtt

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:12 PM

David Tennant has yet to consider his Doctor Who future. Tennant has said "I've not really been asked yet, if and when I'm asked then I'll consider the question." Tennant will be appearing in several specials in 2009 to fill the gap between the current fourth season and the fifth. Here’s hoping Tennant continues this role he has made his own and builds a legacy.

The next showrunner Steven Moffat has said that Tennant (along with Peter Davison) is his favourite Doctor and if his recent two parter is anyhting to go by Tennant will definitely do the fifth series at least.

Edited by baerrtt, 21 June 2008 - 05:13 PM.

#186 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:17 PM

Lets hope so. Tennant is the best Doctor, by far.

Just a reminder that Episode 11 of the fourth series of Doctor Who - 'Turn left', is to be broadcast at 6:40pm on BBC One, thats 23 mins from now, guys. :tup:

#187 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:16 PM

Oh My God... Tonight's episode was brilliant. :tup:

Looks like a Torchwood crossover for next weeks 2 part season finale!

#188 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

Can somebody explain me how was Donna supossed to save the Doctor's life in 'The Runaway Bride'?

I don't understand what does she yell at him when the Racnoss where almost under water.

And yes, the 12th episode of Series 4 is gonna be awesome. As you've said, it seems to be a crossover of Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Smith Adventures, and the cliffhanger to episode 13 is absolutely amazing.

#189 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

Cliffhanger? :tup:... Go on...

#190 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

I don't really know if that's the correct word...sorry

Well, episode 12 ends like this:

Spoiler

That's all I can tell, if I continue I could ruin you episode 13 :tup:

If you could explain me how donna saved the Doctor's life...

#191 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

OMG. This cannot be happening. I'm crying. :tup:

Whats your source?

Hang On... wasn't there pictures of him on set for the Christmas Special?

#192 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

You know, it doesn't have to be a full regeneration...some things can go wrong...

You'll be really surprised

#193 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

So Tennant is safe?

And Ozu, are you speaking from experience? It sure as hell sounds like it. :tup:

#194 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

I have no knowledge of a regeneration, but I do feel that I've seen enough of Tennant's earnest, superior Doctor. And his career is taking off, particularly in the theatre. And it would be a neat - mind-blowing (a Doctor's departure ahs NEVER been a secret) - way for both he and Russell T. Davies to go out.

And David Morrisey IS in the Xmas episode. And HE was one of those shortly listed - was in last year? - when rumours of Tennants departure were flying around...

#195 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

That took a massive weight of worry off my mind. I'm looking forward to the finale even more now.

#196 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

If you like Tennant, you'll be double pleased on ep 13.

David Morrisey is indeed on the Xmas Victorian Special, but it's not clear if he's playing A Doctor or a parallel world Doctor (or maybe a future one).

btw, the opening credits of eps 12 and 13 are really very crowded!

Edited by _Ozu_, 22 June 2008 - 04:08 PM.

#197 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for this Ozu, I cannot wait untill episode 13. :tup:

I'm really interested to see the Torchwood crossover. :tup:

#198 baerrtt

baerrtt

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

I have no knowledge of a regeneration, but I do feel that I've seen enough of Tennant's earnest, superior Doctor. And his career is taking off, particularly in the theatre. And it would be a neat - mind-blowing (a Doctor's departure ahs NEVER been a secret) - way for both he and Russell T. Davies to go out.

And David Morrisey IS in the Xmas episode. And HE was one of those shortly listed - was in last year? - when rumours of Tennants departure were flying around...

Earnest? Superior? Sounds like the Third Doctor more than the Tenth you're describing. And thank goodness the wider audience aren't as 'tired' of seeing him in the role as you are.

#199 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

btw, I've been told that a certain Paul McGann may reappear on 2009's specials.

#200 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

OMG this is brilliant. :tup:

#201 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

Oh, that is brilliant! About time he re-surfaced in some format and received more recognition. I simply can not wait to see this episode. He's the Lazenby of the Doctors - Laz never got a chance to return, McGann does! - truly MAGIC.

#202 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

I really think it's time for 'The 10 Doctors'! Imagine how cluttered the titles will be. :tup:

#203 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

Oh, that is brilliant! About time he re-surfaced in some format and received more recognition. I simply can not wait to see this episode.

Had a feeling about that. McGann a while ago said he was up for a return (so long as he didn't have to wear a wig).

And Tennant sorted of paused over the issue of the Time War, stressing we'd never seen it, or some such like, on last night's Confidential. Why would he do that?

#204 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:26 PM

Oh, that is brilliant! About time he re-surfaced in some format and received more recognition. I simply can not wait to see this episode. He's the Lazenby of the Doctors - Laz never got a chance to return, McGann does! - truly MAGIC.

I quite agree Sharpshooter.

Take a look at this.... It just proves how brilliant Tennant is as an actor...

#205 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:46 PM

In Midnight and in Turn Left Tennant has been at the top of his acting habilities in my opinion. Really really good.

And about the Time War...

I don't think we'll ever get to see it. We'd need a 3h movie to show the epicness of that battle and I think not everything could be told. I even doubt we'll ever get to see McGann regenerating into Eccleston, but if Mr. Davies get Eccleston to shot that moment on one of the specials, it would be terribly awesome.

Though I doubt Eccleston would agree...

#206 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:51 PM

In Midnight and in Turn Left Tennant has been at the top of his acting habilities in my opinion. Really really good.

And about the Time War...

I don't think we'll ever get to see it. We'd need a 3h movie to show the epicness of that battle and I think not everything could be told. I even doubt we'll ever get to see McGann regenerating into Eccleston, but if Mr. Davies get Eccleston to shot that moment on one of the specials, it would be terribly awesome.

Though I doubt Eccleston would agree...

A 3 hour movie. Or two 90 minute specials.

Eccleston's participation? Give him sufficient dosh to cover his next indie project :tup: Or have McGann regenerate into him right at the end. At least that would give McGann the centre-stage encore as Who we all seem to feel he missed out on. :tup:

#207 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

I was under the impression that there was 4 x 90min specials?

#208 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

I think it is:

Ep 12 - 45 min
Ep 13 - 60 min

Xmas 08 - 60 min

Special 1 - 90 min
Special 2 - 90 min
Special 3 - 90 min

Xmas 09 - 60 min

But I'm not sure if the Special 3 could be Xmas 09

I think that having McGann regenerating at the end of one of the specials would be awesome. I wish that after that and before the end titles we could hear Eccleston say 'Fantastic!'.

#209 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:01 PM

Yes, that would be brilliant.

Here are some Cast notes from Part 1 of the Season Finale....

The episode features the return of many actors and characters to the programme. Freema Agyeman reprises her role as Martha Jones for the second time in the series, and John Barrowman and Elisabeth Sladen also return as Jack Harkness and Sarah Jane Smith respectively. Adjoa Andoh returns as Martha's mother for the first time since "Last of the Timelords". Julian Bleach assumes the role of
Spoiler
, after appearing as the "Ghostmaker" in the Torchwood episode "From Out of the Rain" earlier in 2008.

This episode is also the first fully-fledged crossover between Doctor Who and its spin-off series Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures, with Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles), Ianto Jones (Gareth David-Lloyd), Luke Smith (Thomas Knight) and Mr Smith (Alexander Armstrong all appearing in the parent programme for the first time. Eve Myles previously played Gwyneth in the 2005 Doctor Who episode "The Unquiet Dead".

Jason Mohammad reprises his role as the newsreader from "Turn Left", and Lachele Carl also reappears as the recurring American newsreader from all three programmes, credited as "Trinity Wells" in series 4 after previously being named "Mal Loup". The Judoon from "Smith and Jones" also return in this episode.

Paul O'Grady and Richard Dawkins also appear, continuing the pattern of celebrity appearances in the penultimate episode of every series since the show's revival in 2005.

#210 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

He's baaaaack...:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...id=s4_11_trl_07