621 replies to this topic

#241 Simon Beavis

Simon Beavis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:28 AM

I really don't want a re-match with Greene...

While a "Wrath of Khan" scenario with Greene would probably not go over very well (as most people would be more interested in Quantum's numero uno), if he's still alive, and still working with Quantum, then technically he's unfinished business. The events of QOS would have put Quantum in roughly the same situation SMERSH was in in the book version of FRWL (they need to neutralize they guy that's been doing so much damage to their organzation, and do so in a way that deters future threats to their solidarity). If Greene is still alive, then he would be part of their plot to kill Bond "with ignonomy." If he's not, then his death would be yet another reason for them to want Bond dead/dishonored.

#242 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

I really don't want a re-match with Greene...

While a "Wrath of Khan" scenario with Greene would probably not go over very well (as most people would be more interested in Quantum's numero uno), if he's still alive, and still working with Quantum, then technically he's unfinished business. The events of QOS would have put Quantum in roughly the same situation SMERSH was in in the book version of FRWL (they need to neutralize they guy that's been doing so much damage to their organzation, and do so in a way that deters future threats to their solidarity). If Greene is still alive, then he would be part of their plot to kill Bond "with ignonomy." If he's not, then his death would be yet another reason for them to want Bond dead/dishonored.

Quantum isn't going to go after Bond unless it ties in with something else to their benefit. SMERSH did it because they were already are known through out the world, they could take the risk of killing a spy. Quantum on the other hand is a shadow orginization that is affliated with no one so there orginization must keep quiet as much as they can. Another thing is I don't want Greene fighting Bond again unless you set up some type of Blofeld "YOLT" situation and it's only the two of them and by chance, they stumble upon one another.

Edited by Mister E, 05 September 2008 - 12:39 AM.

#243 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:17 AM

The fact that people are dissecting the gunbarrel like this is a sad, sad example of the lowest low of fanboyism.

What's worse? Them writing it, or you reading all of their contributions, getting offended and then trying to belittle people for it.

I'm not trying to belittle anyone. I'm just stating a fact. Chatting over the angle of Bond's right in the gunbarrel is the pinnacle of fanboy radicalism.

I'm not trying to offend anyone (and I'm certainly not going to say that I'm not a Bond fanboy). I'm just calling it as it is.

Fair enough. As long as you know you're part of the group. :(

One of us.... one of us....

#244 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

Some more from yolt

yolt has commented on the audience response...

People loved it. People were confused by the ending though. Bond does resign. But unlike the other films, the final shot is him walking away. It felt like this could be the last one, and it threw people off. Not like in ohmss, or ltk or even dad, this feels like Bond is really ready to leave and M understands. I don't have a clue hw Bond 23 will come out of this. But we were assurred Daniel will be back.
People loved it. What the producers do so damn well is that they balance everything well. FYEO and CR are examples of well balanced Bond films. They have hurmour nut the plot carries the movie and the characters are developed, compared to MR and OP which play too much on comedy or action. Here we get the drama out of Craig as well as Bond trying to get his revenge but noticing how it is tearing him from his duty, and how he has to face his deamons before they consume him like Camille. BUT...there is plenty of action to boot, and Craig won't be see as the Morrisory type Bond, as he truly kicks everyones , the fight scenes are great.

relieving info, isnt it? :(

#245 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

I posted this earlier on. Brilliant news. :(

#246 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

Oh. My. God.

I’ve just read the review and the additional posts. This film is going to bring down the house. This could potentially be the best Bond film ever made. Yes, I am officially pumped for this film. Everything mentioned is just fantastic. The cliffhanger ending, with Bond outright resigning, is just too intense.

#247 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

Oh. My. God.

I’ve just read the review and the additional posts. This film is going to bring down the house. This could potentially be the best Bond film ever made. Yes, I am officially pumped for this film. Everything mentioned is just fantastic. The cliffhanger ending, with Bond outright resigning, is just too intense.

You think it will be better then TDK ? I do.

#248 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:13 AM

It has the potential of course. Whether it can, I can't say. I never really entertained the notion. What I do know, is that this is going to be one enourmous treat for Bond fans.

#249 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:41 AM

Erm, "Morrisory type Bond"? What does that mean? :(

#250 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:46 AM

It has the potential of course. Whether it can, I can't say. I never really entertained the notion. What I do know, is that this is going to be one enourmous treat for Bond fans.

Oh yes it's going to be great for fans. The way things end in this film seems to open the door for even greater things to come.

#251 Invincible1958

Invincible1958

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:48 AM

For ME, it will be better, because I'm much more into Bond than into Batman.
By the way: my favorit film of the year until this day is "The Diving Bell And The Butterfly" with Mathieu Amalric. That's the best movie so far, not "The Dark Knight". I know: it's a 2007-movie. But it was released in most countries only in 2008.

Another reason why I think that QOS will be better than TDK is, that I love Forster way of telling stories and his way of linking the audience to the characters.
Nolan is just a little but too cold on that side. I don't really feel the characters in TDK. Otherwise it's a great movie. But I'm sure we will feel the characters in QOS.

#252 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:17 AM

Oh yes it's going to be great for fans. The way things end in this film seems to open the door for even greater things to come.

Yes, the ending is just fantastic. It really places Bond 23 in an interesting place. They are taking risks now.

I'm actually hoping that the end credits are silent, as the reviewer says. It would suit the tone of the film and would be a Bond first. Bond glowing with rage, resigns from MI6, turns his back on M, walks to the camera and the screen fades to black. Silence, and the credits slowly roll. How dramatic would that be?

#253 .0.0.7.

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:07 AM

This has me thinking... if Greene is alive at the end, this movie and CR are setting up an interesting new template for villains in the Bond series. Instead of one main villain per movie who dies at the end, there is now a series of villains, one leading to another. If they don't die in one movie (Mr. White in CR, Greene in QOS), they are followed to the next to reveal more villains. I am loathe to compare it to Bourne, but it is not unlike the Bourne overarching plot of following a chain of people leading eventually to the top.

#254 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:25 AM

I am loathe to compare it to Bourne, but it is not unlike the Bourne overarching plot of following a chain of people leading eventually to the top.

Which, of course, takes its queue from Fleming's use of SMERSH. :(

#255 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:22 AM

At last some positive buzz about the movie ! I'm sure YOLT is 100% genuine, this movie will KILL Dark Knight !

#256 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:27 AM

At last some positive buzz about the movie ! I'm sure YOLT is 100% genuine, this movie will KILL Dark Knight !

Yeah, it is good to be excited for Bond again. I'm pretty sure YOLT is telling the truth. Whether or not it is a better film than TDK, I am just pleased that both the Bond and Batman franchises are turning out high quality films.

#257 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:57 AM

I'm just disappointed that a previously reported Martini scene is missing (the one where
Spoiler
)

#258 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:31 AM

I posted this earlier on. Brilliant news. :)

Sorry Markin :(

#259 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:11 AM

They are related and the 2 have alot of face touching and hugs. a little like Dario and Sanchez, only this time it's kind of perverted and creepy.

I don't know if someone spoke about this here before, but having seen Kite Runner, I have a feeling Marc Foster rather enjoy putting up gay touches in his movies -- Kite Runner turning point incident is a young boy being raped by perverted adolescents, and being changed forever because of it -- this bodes well with reports of Craig speaking of "gay " scenes in Bond -- I'm sure the producers spoke openly and up front with Foster about this facet -- they certainly didn't let him put it there from the back door (no pun intended)

#260 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:25 AM

I don't know if someone spoke about this here before, but having seen Kite Runner, I have a feeling Marc Foster rather enjoy putting up gay touches in his movies -- Kite Runner turning point incident is a young boy being raped by perverted adolescents, and being changed forever because of it -- this bodes well with reports of Craig speaking of "gay " scenes in Bond -- I'm sure the producers spoke openly and up front with Foster about this facet -- they certainly didn't let him put it there from the back door (no pun intended)

That's in the book.

That he didn't write.

#261 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

Looking at the new 'James Bond the Secret World of 007', it seems to confirm this guys story, White does seem to be dragged and thrown in the boot on the DBS.

#262 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:16 AM

Erm, "Morrisory type Bond"? What does that mean? :(

He means Morrissey. Lead singer of seminal '80s Manchester band The Smiths and well known for his bleak outlook on life which appealled to angst ridden teenagers with songs such as "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now", "Girlfriend in a Coma" and "Never Had No One Ever"

#263 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

Looking at the new 'James Bond the Secret World of 007', it seems to confirm this guys story, White does seem to be dragged and thrown in the boot on the DBS.

Is there space in the boot of DBS for a full size man? There is barely enough space in my DB7 for a man, and the DBS is based on the VH platform with a shorter extension from the rear wheels...

#264 Invincible1958

Invincible1958

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

They are related and the 2 have alot of face touching and hugs. a little like Dario and Sanchez, only this time it's kind of perverted and creepy.

I don't know if someone spoke about this here before, but having seen Kite Runner, I have a feeling Marc Foster rather enjoy putting up gay touches in his movies.

Where are the gay touches in "Monster's Ball", "Stay", "Finding Neverland" or "Stranger Than Fiction"? I don't see them.
Just because in ONE movie, that is based on a novel, a boy is raped by another boy, it doesn't mean that Forster likes to show gay touches!

If Greene and Elvis are relatives, then their touching is more like with twins. They do everything together. But I don't think any of them is gay.

#265 baerrtt

baerrtt

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:33 PM

I don't know if someone spoke about this here before, but having seen Kite Runner, I have a feeling Marc Foster rather enjoy putting up gay touches in his movies.

Where are the gay touches in "Monster's Ball", "Stay", "Finding Neverland" or "Stranger Than Fiction"? I don't see them.
Just because in ONE movie, that is based on a novel, a boy is raped by another boy, it doesn't mean that Forster likes to show gay touches!

If Greene and Elvis are relatives, then their touching is more like with twins. They do everything together. But I don't think any of them is gay.

There's a sadly very adolescent view from some men (particularly young ones) that any kind of mutual male affection is instantly gay. The kind who probably think that Dario and Sanchez in LTK or Gustav and Zao in DAD are gay because they're..close.

#266 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

I'm actually hoping that the end credits are silent, as the reviewer says. It would suit the tone of the film and would be a Bond first. Bond glowing with rage, resigns from MI6, turns his back on M, walks to the camera and the screen fades to black. Silence, and the credits slowly roll. How dramatic would that be?

This would be absolutely fantastic. I hope this turns out to be the case.

#267 triviachamp

triviachamp

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

Silent end credits? I would think they would have had some temp music for the early screenings but if not I guess it would true. Assuming that this report is true of course.

#268 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

Is there space in the boot of DBS for a full size man? There is barely enough space in my DB7 for a man, and the DBS is based on the VH platform with a shorter extension from the rear wheels...

LMAO. You're asking me? I have no idea. :(

I think Bond is so blinded by rage that he will make White fit. :)

#269 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

I'm not taking this review as gospel. There's small things here and there that bother me because they don't add up to what I know is true. Yeah, most of what he says sounds good and all. You want a real spoiler that hasn't been said yet? I think he's wrong about Elvis dying in a plane crash. There was some "speculation" that Elvis would be piloting one of the planes in the aerial sequence. That has never been confirmed. Elvis is present during the climatic showdown at Greene's Eco hotel. Watch the blog about Elvis. 19-20 seconds in you can see Taubman in the car park set. Look like we will see Elvis sans that ridiculous hair piece.

#270 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

19-20 seconds in you can see Taubman in the car park set. Look like we will see Elvis sans that ridiculous hair piece.

I don't this flies against the article at all. Wouldn't it be possible, even likely, that there are scenes at the eco-hotel outside of the climax?

And to be honest, I don't know what shot you're talking about in the Elvis-focused blog. I don't see any shot of him in a car park. In the 19-20 seconds spot, there's a shot of him at the opera, and then shortly thereafter there's a shot of him in what appears to be a bar/restaurant, and this is followed by him back at the opera. But that's it.