621 replies to this topic

#601 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

I have just seen the movie, and I say this review was the real deal.

It's obvious when watching the movie that all part in his review that differ from the final film were reshoot parts. You'll see it when you watch the movie (for example Camille isn't with Bond when he get rid of Greene, but she is suddenly back in the car for one shot after this).

The cut the movie to ribbons, and reshot parts of it. I say they did all the wrong moves. if they left it as it was, the version this guy have seen, then it would have been better than CR, and two hours long.

Wow, I don't know what to think.... :(

I'm confused

nwo some are saying this is legit again WTFI'm begining to get a headache

#602 BoogieBond

BoogieBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

To be fair, the "internet leaks" mentioned probably just refers to speculation from this website and others like it.

Yeah, agreed. I am glad this is put to bed at least. There were some interesting ideas in this(The YOLT IMDB review), but in the crucial areas it came up short. This person could have seen an early cut, but it is more likely they made it up.
Looking forward to seeing the film. :(

Edited by BoogieBond, 20 October 2008 - 04:50 PM.

#603 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

To be fair, the "internet leaks" mentioned probably just refers to speculation from this website and others like it.

Yeah, agreed. I am glad this is put to bed at least. There were some interesting ideas in this(The YOLT IMDB review), but in the crucial areas it came up short. This person could have seen an early cut, but it is more likely they made it up.

Have you seen the movie?

#604 BoogieBond

BoogieBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

Have you seen the movie?

Not yet, looking forward to seeing it though, but earlier entries in this thread(Any others who have seen the press screening in other threads) give some details away that debunk some of the things suggested in the YOLT review(especially YOLT's assertions of the deaths of Camille and Elvis and the ending) It suggests YOLT either saw an earlier cut, or more likely made some elements up.
Looking forward to seeing the film for myself, only 10 days to go :)
What do you think about the YOLT review ?

Edited by BoogieBond, 20 October 2008 - 05:05 PM.

#605 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

Greene is left for dead and thus probably has an ambiguous fate

If you save your breath, I figure a man like yourself could manage it.

(Clint Eastwood to Eli Wallach, after the former leaves the latter for dead in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)

It seems Greene's fate is not so ambiguous.

Spoiler

#606 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for that ASO! Have you been lucky enough to see the movie yet?

#607 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:01 AM

Thanks for that ASO! Have you been lucky enough to see the movie yet?

Unfortunately no. :( But I did speak to someone I know who has. :)

#608 Simon Beavis

Simon Beavis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

(Clint Eastwood to Eli Wallach, after the former leaves the latter for dead in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)

Spoiler

Spoiler

#609 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#610 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:10 AM

interesting Nice to see that quantum is ruthless!

#611 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:11 AM

I have just seen the movie, and I say this review was the real deal. But it might have been based on an early, superior draft of the script.

It's obvious when watching the movie that many parts in his review that differ from the final film were reshoot parts. You'll see it when you watch the movie (for example Camille isn't with Bond when he get rid of Greene, but she is suddenly back in the car for one shot after this).

The cut the movie to ribbons, and reshot parts of it. Probably they rewrote and reshoot as they were going. I say they did all the wrong moves. if they left it as it was, the version this guy have seen or read, then it would have been better than CR, and two hours long.

I'm afraid I don't believe a word of what you just said. Nor do I believe the review was legit. I believe Forster set out to make the film as long as it is, and he only trimmed a bit of it.

#612 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

The Quantum of Solace Mithbuster!

From IMDb:

If people are worried where the film picks up, the first sht is Bond dragging a screaming White and throwing him into his boot.

Spoiler

White keeps taughting Bond abot Vesper. How she begged them not to kill Bond, he's lauhging in his face. This just makes Bond angry, even M sences it. And get this..she emptys out the room, to give Bond a minute 'alone' with White, as soon as the mi6 team leave the room Bond smacks him clean in the face, very very brutal!

Spoiler

Here Greene kills Camille

Spoiler

Greene gets a little salvation at the end of the picture.....he gets saved!!!!But we don't see their faces, just them flying away in a copter, he'll be back, i'm sure of it.

Spoiler

When Mathis dies and Bond kills the guys who did it, he's actually *beep* pissed and very upset, he wants to look after Mathis as the pair had bonded by this point, but Camille just wants to go to the desert and tail Greene, telling Bond to 'leave the body', but Bond ain't having none of that *beep* This guy has feelings, MI^ are convinced that he's some cold hearted bastard who neds reigning in but the truth is that the whole 'Solace' angle comes in here, as Bond sort of rediscovers his humanity, and sees what it really means to be a spy and do the job.

Spoiler

When he captures Vesper's boyfrind, the last scene of the movie is him resigning to M, and she telling him he'll never be the same after everything he's seen over the last few months. He dosen't seem to care as anything seems better then the life he has at the moment. It's sort of touching to see Bond walk away from the service at th end, the final shot if him walking away as the camera follows his cold blue eyes starring back at us, then cut to black. The credits had no music, and it fitted the sombre attitude of the film. This felt like it could be the last Bond ever, of course it won't and some how he'll end up back in mi6 but it was like

Spoiler

#613 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, we already knew yolt was a crock of you-know-what.

#614 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:06 AM

Funny, this bit is from the original YOLT review...

There's a little set up for the next one there as well, where we kinda sorta meet the head of the organization.

This didn't come into fore when the movie was released, neither online, until someone noticed this scene is in the game, and Foster told the press about it. About what, two weeks ago ?

#615 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:16 AM

The IMDB YOLT either was making all these things up or he was privy to some really, really early draft. But I seriously doubt that he saw all these things in a film version and that the final film had been re-cut with material that obviously differs totally from that YOLT describes.

Also, I´m very happy that QOS is the way it is. A magnificent Bond film.

#616 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:59 AM

Funny, this bit is from the original YOLT review...

There's a little set up for the next one there as well, where we kinda sorta meet the head of the organization.

This didn't come into fore when the movie was released, neither online, until someone noticed this scene is in the game, and Foster told the press about it. About what, two weeks ago ?

Spoiler

#617 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:35 AM

There's this, and the fact that he describes what looks like to me the last shot we see of Bond in the film

It's sort of touching to see Bond walk away from the service at the end, the final shot is him walking away as the camera follows his cold blue eyes starring back at us, then cut to black.

Only it"s shortened in the movie (like most shots are), but this description really fits the final shot.

Again, said shot was not leaked until the movie was out.

Now assuming the guy just made it up from a shooting script, we therefore have a description of what the film originally looked like. Either way, it's a precious document of this movie production, and shouldn't be classified as bogus just because it came from IMDB.

#618 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:08 AM

:(

Now assuming the guy just made it up from a shooting script, we therefore have a description of what the film originally looked like. Either way, it's a precious document of this movie production, and shouldn't be classified as bogus just because it came from IMDB.

So, assuming it was taken from a shooting script is a reason to believe that this was what the film (?) originally looked like? And therefore we should take the fake IMDB review as a precious document of this movie´s production?

I appreciate if someone sticks to his/her beliefs. But there comes a time when it becomes boneheadedness and a complete disregard for reality. Your logic, Monsieur, is completely absent.

The IMDB guy just wanted to be the first to write a review and be discussed on the internet. An attention-seeking troll.

Please, Stamper, don´t become that as well.

#619 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:30 PM

I don't want any attention,(I didn't start this thread), I'm just doing deductions based on what's written. BTW, what happened to the other review, the one that spoke about Bond ordering several martinis on the plane ?

#620 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:37 PM

So, assuming it was taken from a shooting script is a reason to believe that this was what the film (?) originally looked like? And therefore we should take the fake IMDB review as a precious document of this movie´s production?

I appreciate if someone sticks to his/her beliefs. But there comes a time when it becomes boneheadedness and a complete disregard for reality. Your logic, Monsieur, is completely absent.

The IMDB guy just wanted to be the first to write a review and be discussed on the internet. An attention-seeking troll.

Please, Stamper, don´t become that as well.

Alas, I fear that ship sailed long ago...

#621 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

Shooting scripts are exactly that - scripts used on set or location. They are often - on a feature anyway - out of story sync and do not always have that much bearing on the end product as a director and his editor/s have not got anything to play with on film.

#622 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

This is really interesting, I have a feeling that this my be true. If it isn't I will be very dissapointed. Posted Image

and, I was!

Sorry just felt like reading this review again. I remember how pumped I was when I was reading it. Such a shame that this was the kind of film I wanted for Quantum of Solace. Even know it does seem pretty damn convincing. The reviewer kinda got the stuff that was in the film spot on. Felix dissapearing half way through the film, etc. Green living. Bond walking away at the end.

Actually it would've been great if Bond did resign at the end of the film. Sets thinks up for Skyfall perfectly. I'm sure It was confirmed that Bond...

Spoiler