621 replies to this topic

#271 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:54 PM

19-20 seconds in you can see Taubman in the car park set. Look like we will see Elvis sans that ridiculous hair piece.

I don't this flies against the article at all. Wouldn't it be possible, even likely, that there are scenes at the eco-hotel outside of the climax?

And to be honest, I don't know what shot you're talking about in the Elvis-focused blog. I don't see any shot of him in a car park. In the 19-20 seconds spot, there's a shot of him at the opera, and then shortly thereafter there's a shot of him in what appears to be a bar/restaurant, and this is followed by him back at the opera. But that's it.

We are watching the same clip so it must be the bit you say looks like a bar/restaurant. Watch that bit again. It's the security/lobby area in the car park of the Eco hotel. That Orange glow is the fire started by the exploding jeep seen in the other recent video of the gunfight in the hotel parking area.

#272 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:38 PM

YOLT is back again with further info:

The opera scene is fantastic coming to think of it now. The latter half of the film, does stand out more, but this is likely because all of this takes place early on in the film. Bond goes AWOL when in Haiti and Mi6 are desperate to pick him up as M thinks he's 'ferile' and will kill anyone to get revenge for Vesper instead of arresting them so they can find the head of Quantum. Beam is helping Greene and is a member of Quantum, All of Felix's scenes are with him really. Felix and Bond meet up at a bar when he tells Bond about Medrano and is involvement with Greene, and how he is being given a safe passage by the CIA to Austria after Camille made an attack on his life. Bond with Felix's info goes to Austria. Where he finds that White and Greene are in cohoots. It's fair to say the storyline is pretty seamless from here on. Bond knocks out a Quantum bodyguard at the front door and steals his ear piece and overhears the members talking Haines has built something White and Greene want to buy and over the ear-pieces they are trying to make the sale. Bond gives away his postion and a chase comes after. Bond ends up on the roof with one of White's bodyguards, Bond and him sramble for the gun and at the end Bond wins, the guy falls off....end. Bond blends in with the crowd, and the next scene is Bond going to mi6 HQ and asking permission to go after Greene.

The really cool Bondian moment is when Bond steals a rather baggy tux off a costume rail, only to find the Quantum guy with the ear piece he steals, and looks t his body and sees his tux will likely fit better. It does. Very funny and classically Bond.

This is so off to me. I'd stake my reputation right now that YOTL is full of it. Yeah I know our resident extra can confirm the earpiece scene but so do other reports of the opera sequence. What's off with this right here is how the CIA and more so Felix figures into all this. I don't think YOTL has seen this movie. He's seen the teaser though. What he says here implies that this meeting in the bar with Felix happens in Haiti before Bond goes off to Austria. That can't be because Felix is on the plane with Greene to Austria. The sequence in the bar with Leiter is in Bolivia closer to the end. He also makes no mention of the scene post Opera at the Airport where the CIA once again wisks Greene away. This time to Bolivia. This sequence is confirmed by production notes and footage and pics. In one of the newest ones we see Bond in his dinner jacket sans tie on the phone in the airport terminal with the CIA plane on the tarmac in the background. This is post opera because there's footage that confirms that Bond arrives in Austria in the same clothes from Haiti. It's not until the Opera itself that Bond gets the dinner jacket.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't buy anything YOTL is saying.

Edited by Agent Spriggan Ominae, 06 September 2008 - 11:39 PM.

#273 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:53 AM

We are watching the same clip so it must be the bit you say looks like a bar/restaurant. Watch that bit again. It's the security/lobby area in the car park of the Eco hotel. That Orange glow is the fire started by the exploding jeep seen in the other recent video of the gunfight in the hotel parking area.

Ah. You're right. So it does seem that Elvis makes it further than the airplane sequence. Hmm.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't buy anything YOTL is saying.

I'm beginning to think your doubt is actually justified. Thanks for filling the role of B.S. detector.

Shame. I rather liked what I'd read. But that's not to say the finished film couldn't be good if it was different from what's described here, but now having heard that ending suggested, I'll be disappointed if QUANTUM doesn't end with something as bold as Bond retiring from the service.

#274 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:54 AM

I'll be disappointed if QUANTUM doesn't end with something as bold as Bond retiring from the service.

It would be bold and I like it but it reminded me a bit too much of TDK. I think something more interesting would be if Bond would be trapped somehow in someplace, forced under cover and MI6 not having a clue were he is. We never had a Bond film wondering if Bond would be okay in the next.

Edited by Mister E, 07 September 2008 - 03:57 AM.

#275 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:06 AM

I'll be disappointed if QUANTUM doesn't end with something as bold as Bond retiring from the service.

Same. I want something dramatic.

#276 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

Well, Quantum makes me think of The Patriots (better known as a string of syllables), another shady organisation responsible for the events of the Metal Gear Solid universe. Sons of Liberty ended with the heroes acquiring a list of names of the members of the La-Li-Lu-Li-Lo, but a post-credits conversation between the main characters revealed that all the members of the Pariots had been dead for nearly a hundred years, and that one of them was a major sponsor of Philanthropy, the anti-Patriots organisation.

I'm not saying Quantum of Solace should end with that exactly, but something similarly dramatic. Like, for example, a revelation that the events in Bolivia are only the beginning of something bigger; Quantum trigger a series of other global events designed to seize control of other resources like oil, communications hubs, transport facilities, and military and financial infrastructure, so that the status quo for the next film is that Quantum have set about becoming a power in their own right, setting things up so that when the world moves to a post-oil economy, they control it ...

#277 chriso

chriso

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

If everything is true of this review....

...I can't wait to see it myself!!!

It can be true but I think that there are some missing links in the 'review'. It's always better to wait for QOS and watch it by yourself. Then you can make a real review with your own opinions.

#278 Eddie Burns

Eddie Burns

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Well ~YOLT could be just feeding us some misinformation on purpose so as not to spoil the movie. Who knows? Though I've always thought the idea of Bond retiring was too far fetched. It loses its impact after the second time, especially in succession. I'd save a scene like that for The Last Bond Film ™.

Captain T! Thats a wonderful idea! Thats more or less whats been missing from the Bond universe...a villian/organisation that you really believe to be evil. Someone so strong and powerful that you wonder how 007 is going to win this one.

#279 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

Despite what you're heard there is not double the action.

I like the sound of that, lets hope that quite alot of thrilling sequences and character development are included to use up the remaining time. :(

#280 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

More from yolt...

1. What is the last shot before the opening titles?

Bond driving the aston into Siena if I remebember correctly.

2. Did any flashbacks of Miss Lynd occur? or was there any imagery of her in the movie?

Yes. There is pictures, and footage of Vesper. Eva Green does not film any new scenes.

3. How does Fields die and how does Bond find her?

Bond leaves her after Mathis dies and him and Camille go to the desert. She is at the hotel when some heavies break in. She's naked and in bed and goes to open the door covered only in her bed sheet. ike in LTK it is suggested she may be raped, but when Bond retusn with Camille, M is at the hotel and we see that Fields was drowned in oil then burnt. Her actual body is only glanced at, and imo hardly looks burnt....but if M said it, it must be true, or Sony wanted a PG-13.

#281 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:12 PM

if he is lieing he's doing a hell of a good job.

I have a feeling Bond quits at the end didn't somebody here confirm it by saying someone else told him the same thing.

It's odd since reading it and likeing it I want it to be true and if not true i want Quantum to be as amazing as "described"

#282 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:51 AM

Well, Quantum makes me think of The Patriots (better known as a string of syllables), another shady organisation responsible for the events of the Metal Gear Solid universe. Sons of Liberty ended with the heroes acquiring a list of names of the members of the La-Li-Lu-Li-Lo, but a post-credits conversation between the main characters revealed that all the members of the Pariots had been dead for nearly a hundred years, and that one of them was a major sponsor of Philanthropy, the anti-Patriots organisation.

I'm not saying Quantum of Solace should end with that exactly, but something similarly dramatic. Like, for example, a revelation that the events in Bolivia are only the beginning of something bigger; Quantum trigger a series of other global events designed to seize control of other resources like oil, communications hubs, transport facilities, and military and financial infrastructure, so that the status quo for the next film is that Quantum have set about becoming a power in their own right, setting things up so that when the world moves to a post-oil economy, they control it ...

I think that something along the lines of what you're describing here would be a great way to take the Bond franchise.

Also, hopefully Quantum of Solace will turn out like this review describes it because the film as described in the review sounds quite good.

#283 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:55 AM

I think that something along the lines of what you're describing here would be a great way to take the Bond franchise.

Thank you. I got the idea after seeing Thunderball again. I never really liked SPECTRE because Bond was always up against the ringleaders of the group. While that makes sense, it was always a case of "kill Blofeld and everything comes to an end". We never really saw the group in action other than them enacting their plots to change the global political climate. The board meeting in Thunderball did give us some idea of how the group worked, but that scene was only really there to show that Blofeld was an evil son of a bitch when he zapped the disloyal operative.

But now I like the idea that even if Bond kills off Quantum's Senior Management (my term), Quantum itself will continue to exist. It's easy enough to put Bond against the Powers That Be, but put him up against the body at the same time by having Quantum steadily taking control of everything would really allow us to explore the Bondverse some more.

#284 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:04 AM

if he is lieing he's doing a hell of a good job.

It's true.

I have a feeling Bond quits at the end didn't somebody here confirm it by saying someone else told him the same thing.

Somebody said they'd heard it, yeah.

#285 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:08 AM

Thank you. I got the idea after seeing Thunderball again. I never really liked SPECTRE because Bond was always up against the ringleaders of the group. While that makes sense, it was always a case of "kill Blofeld and everything comes to an end". We never really saw the group in action other than them enacting their plots to change the global political climate. The board meeting in Thunderball did give us some idea of how the group worked, but that scene was only really there to show that Blofeld was an evil son of a bitch when he zapped the disloyal operative.

I liked the early incarnations of SPECTRE in the movies, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE and THUNDERBALL featured how dangerous they could be. However by YOLT, they got too ridiculous and invunerable.

But now I like the idea that even if Bond kills off Quantum's Senior Management (my term), Quantum itself will continue to exist. It's easy enough to put Bond against the Powers That Be, but put him up against the body at the same time by having Quantum steadily taking control of everything would really allow us to explore the Bondverse some more.

I don't think that will happen. QUANTUM is going to have some head that Bond will chop off and down they will go.

#286 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:12 AM

I don't think that will happen. QUANTUM is going to have some head that Bond will chop off and down they will go.

I don't know. Interviews have suggested we don't really get to the top of the chain of command in QUANTUM, so it'll still be around for future stories.

#287 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:19 AM

I don't know. Interviews have suggested we don't really get to the top of the chain of command in QUANTUM, so it'll still be around for future stories.

I never said it's going to end in QOS or even during Craig's tenure.

#288 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:13 AM

I sincerely doubt that any of the reports by YOLT are fake, however, I have a feeling he may be a plant, feeding us raw meat that we crave, sponsored by EON, nothing wrong with it -- we all know that fake internet buzz is prepared by compagnies more than a year ahead of the product and YOLT seems to fit that profile -- he was registered over a year ago, use a Bond alias, and never posted anything else -- it's better for compagnies in the long run to have a guy they can control feeding us spoilers, rather than some random crazed SOB who will attend the preview and destroy the movie internet buzz by saying it sucks -- definetely plant, but the movie he profiles seems even better than CR, so here we go ! I love the idea of a new SPECTRE like organisation, the good old days are BACK !

#289 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:50 AM

From memory, I think he has posted before, it was just so long ago that the topic has been purged and the history doesn't show up under his account details.

#290 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:52 AM

I'm not saying he system will live on in the event Bond kills the Powers That Be, moreso that it can live on. If Bond had killed Blofeld and made a proper job of it, that was it. Games over; SPECTRE ceased to exist. But I like the idea that even if Bond kills the heads of Quantum, there's still the potential for someone to rise up and assume control of it again. Basically, Quantum and the Senior Management sholdn't be synonymous with each other the way SPECTRE and Blofeld were.

#291 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:00 AM

From memory, I think he has posted before, it was just so long ago that the topic has been purged and the history doesn't show up under his account details.

He only registered 2 years ago, so nothing will have been purged. He refuses to answer questions designed to see if he really has seen the film. It looks like a fake review or a plant. Shame, as it sounded bloody brilliant

#292 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:37 AM

I hope it´s fake - just to be able to see the film without all surprises spoilt.

Yeah, yeah, I shouldn´t have read it then. But I just couldn´t resist.

#293 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

Is it true or is it not I got Harmsway saying it is i got some saying yes definitly and others saying "this guy is lieing"

sigh I guess in 2 months i'll know 100% what happens in Quantum of solace.

#294 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:30 PM

Is it true or is it not I got Harmsway saying it is i got some saying yes definitly and others saying "this guy is lieing"

Honestly, we don't know. We can only make guesses, but there are some good reasons to question it and some good reasons to think it's legit. More reviews will pour in soon enough.

#295 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

Who knows, tomorrow's full trailer "might" shed light on the legitimacy of the review.

#296 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

I certainly hope so. :(

#297 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

Who knows, tomorrow's full trailer "might" shed light on the legitimacy of the review.

I hope it does.

#298 Simon Beavis

Simon Beavis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:32 AM

I never really liked SPECTRE because Bond was always up against the ringleaders of the group. While that makes sense, it was always a case of "kill Blofeld and everything comes to an end".

QUANTUM is going to have some head that Bond will chop off and down they will go.

Quantum might not have a Blofeld. I get the impression that they are more of a co-op, pooling their resources together for common interests. They would certainly have a CEO to that make sure everything runs cohesively, but not a supreme leader in the vein of Blofeld. If Bond kills the CEO, under the false impression that he/she is the leader, the he finds himself in for quite a shock when a new CEO is appointed. That way, Bond is "against the world," which the best place, mythologically, to put the hero of an ongoing series.

Spoiler

Interviews have suggested we don't really get to the top of the chain of command in QUANTUM, so it'll still be around for future stories.

I thought we do briefly we see the "CEO"... sort of.

Keep the line below in mind regarding Quantum leadership:

There is no Keyser Soze, this guy's just using him as window dressing.

Edited by Simon Beavis, 09 September 2008 - 02:33 AM.

#299 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:40 AM

Quantum might not have a Blofeld. I get the impression that they are more of a co-op, pooling their resources together for common interests. They would certainly have a CEO to that make sure everything runs cohesively, but not a supreme leader in the vein of Blofeld. If Bond kills the CEO, under the false impression that he/she is the leader, the he finds himself in for quite a shock when a new CEO is appointed. That way, Bond is "against the world," which the best place, mythologically, to put the hero of an ongoing series.

I wasn't suggesting a Blofeld type leader.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#300 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:06 AM

If he does live, I wonder If he may get a Kronsteen kinda death, like From Russia With Love in Bond 23.