2519 replies to this topic

#271 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

Latest news. Six possible titles submitted to the MPAA.

http://www.bww.cinem...ndiana-jones-4/

#272 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

Thanks, Zen. :cooltongue:

I hope it's 'Indiana Jones and the City of Gods'. The other titles are a bit too clunky.

#273 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:09 PM

Thanks, Zen. :cooltongue:

I hope it's 'Indiana Jones and the City of Gods'. The other titles are a bit too clunky.

I have to agree.

That's crazy that they would even consider using the title of a sequel to [an actually quite entertaining] Raiders rip-off like "King Solomon's Mines".

#274 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

Oh my God! Those Titles are absolutely horrible, the only one i like is 'The City of Gods', if any of the other 5 titles are actually chosen Indy 4 might as well be named Indiana Jones and the Crock of S***

#275 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

I dunno; I quite like Fourth Corner of the Earth.

#276 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

Indiana Jones and the City of Gods

This one seems to be the best, IMO.

Posted Image

:cooltongue:

#277 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

don't look directly at it...

Isn't that the Basalisk on The Chamber of Secrets? You aren't supposed to look at the Ark to start with, let alone directly at it. :cooltongue:

#278 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

don't look directly at it...

Isn't that the Basalisk on The Chamber of Secrets? You aren't supposed to look at the Ark to start with, let alone directly at it. :cooltongue:

forgot that detail. :lol: :angry:

#279 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

They could call it 'Indiana Jones - And The Raiders of The Doomed Temple Crusaders'. :cooltongue:

#280 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:52 PM

I actually like
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

#281 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:07 PM

Hmm. One of these titles is the real deal, the rest are all red herrings.

INDIANA JONES AND THE CITY OF GODS gets a :cooltongue: from me. It works. It also has some believability to it, being that it was the title of Frank Darabont's draft.

INDIANA JONES AND THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS isn't exactly my cup of tea. Sounds ridiculous, and is most likely one of the red herring titles.

INDIANA JONES AND THE FOURTH CORNER OF THE EARTH is way too clunky.

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL works for me. It fits with what we know of the film and sounds deliciously pulpy. It's very much a serial adventure title.

INDIANA JONES AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD is most certainly a red herring.

INDIANA JONES AND THE QUEST FOR THE COVENANT is boring, and probably another red herring to play up those ark rumors. It doesn't fit with the story of the film as we know it.

#282 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:39 AM

INDIANA JONES AND THE QUEST ...for more money.

#283 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:21 AM

Hmm. One of these titles is the real deal, the rest are all red herrings.

INDIANA JONES AND THE CITY OF GODS gets a :cooltongue: from me. It works. It also has some believability to it, being that it was the title of Frank Darabont's draft.

INDIANA JONES AND THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS isn't exactly my cup of tea. Sounds ridiculous, and is most likely one of the red herring titles.

INDIANA JONES AND THE FOURTH CORNER OF THE EARTH is way too clunky.

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL works for me. It fits with what we know of the film and sounds deliciously pulpy. It's very much a serial adventure title.

INDIANA JONES AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD is most certainly a red herring.

INDIANA JONES AND THE QUEST FOR THE COVENANT is boring, and probably another red herring to play up those ark rumors. It doesn't fit with the story of the film as we know it.

Hmmm.... do we know for sure that one of those titles is the real deal?

Also, why do titles need to be submitted to the MPAA?

INDIANA JONES AND THE QUEST FOR THE COVENANT is the only one I like, although it might just as well have been used for the first film. I actually hope they won't use an INDIANA JONES AND THE.... title - why not come full circle with RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and have a title that doesn't mention our hero?

#284 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:42 AM

Also, why do titles need to be submitted to the MPAA?

Some titles might be too offensive? :::shrugs:::

I actually hope they won't use an INDIANA JONES AND THE.... title - why not come full circle with RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and have a title that doesn't mention our hero?

I'd love another "RAIDERS" title. RAIDERS OF THE FALLEN EMPIRE was rumored about eight years ago. Works for me.

But seeing as Lucas went back and revised the title of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK to INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK on the DVD covers (but not in the film itself, as Spielberg wouldn't allow it), I suppose INDIANA JONES AND THE... is exactly what we'll get.

#285 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:04 AM

If they called it RAIDERS OF THE LOST________ I think it will add about $30M to opening weekend total regardless of previews, reviews...etc. That would be fanboy manipulation at it's finest.

#286 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:05 AM

Raiders of the Lost City, or Lost Kingdom, would have been alright.

#287 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:05 AM

Spielberg wouldn't allow Lucas to screw with Raiders? He just became my new personal hero. :cooltongue:

#288 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:10 AM

Perhaps Lucas and Spielberg will take a cue from Stallone and just call it INDIANA JONES.

BTW, it looks as though LETHAL WEAPON 5 may be happening (hope so):

http://www.moviehole...e_reloaded.html

#289 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:11 AM

Raiders of the Lost City, or Lost Kingdom, would have been alright.

RAIDERS OF THE LOST KINGDOM

is a very serviceable title. :cooltongue:

#290 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:16 AM

I'd also be up for a return to the "Raiders" tag. I wish all the movies were "Raiders of the..."

#291 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:19 AM

Perhaps Lucas and Spielberg will take a cue from Stallone and just call it INDIANA JONES.

Yeah, that also works......I like that.Sly knows what's up. :cooltongue:

LW 5?? Oh please no...gawd, other than Jet Li, LW4 was pointless...

#292 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:41 AM

I agree another Lethal Weapon sounds like a poor idea. Althought the irony is funny considering Gibson's legal problems with the LAPD. There could be some potentially funny inside jokes to be had at his expense, although the big problem with the last couple LWs was the overuse of humor. The first couple had the formula down well.

#293 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:51 AM

I'd also be up for a return to the "Raiders" tag.

It'd be a fanboy pleaser, to be sure.

I wish all the movies were "Raiders of the..."

I dunno. INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM is a title I love, and I wouldn't want to see it go.

#294 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:37 AM

Didn't realise that "Indiana Jones and the City of Gods" wasn't a confirmed title. It seems everything I've read on the movie (not saying I've read that much either) seems to use this title.

#295 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:38 AM

Oooh, the crystal skull one please. :cooltongue:

Can't say the others sound particularly intriguing. Destroyer of Worlds? Uggh. Quest for the Covenant? Yawn.

#296 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:16 AM

I agree another Lethal Weapon sounds like a poor idea. Althought the irony is funny considering Gibson's legal problems with the LAPD. There could be some potentially funny inside jokes to be had at his expense, although the big problem with the last couple LWs was the overuse of humor. The first couple had the formula down well.

I thought LETHAL WEAPON 4 was superb, with great action, great humour and great chemistry between the cast - what more could you want? It's even very well-shot. As a third sequel in an action franchise, it completely buries LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD, and I can't think of many part fours that are better.

For me, LETHAL WEAPON, LETHAL WEAPON 2 and LETHAL WEAPON 4 are all of the same high quality (although I'd concede that only the first one has true classic status), while LETHAL WEAPON 3 drops the ball*. I'd welcome another sequel, although LETHAL WEAPON 4 ended things perfectly.

*For various reasons: a dull storyline, a weak villain, too jarring a blend of gags and violence (which serves to make the violence look nastier than it really is), indifferent cinematography....

#297 Gobi-1

Gobi-1

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

I'm hoping it's Indiana Jones and the City of Gods. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is kind of cool but it's a mouthful. Try putting that on a theater marquee.

I'm hoping we get some official news soon. There's been nothing since Comic Con two-weeks ago.

#298 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:02 AM

I thought LETHAL WEAPON 4 was superb, with great action, great humour and great chemistry between the cast - what more could you want? It's even very well-shot. As a third sequel in an action franchise, it completely buries LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD, and I can't think of many part fours that are better.

For me, LETHAL WEAPON, LETHAL WEAPON 2 and LETHAL WEAPON 4 are all of the same high quality (although I'd concede that only the first one has true classic status), while LETHAL WEAPON 3 drops the ball*. I'd welcome another sequel, although LETHAL WEAPON 4 ended things perfectly.

*For various reasons: a dull storyline, a weak villain, too jarring a blend of gags and violence (which serves to make the violence look nastier than it really is), indifferent cinematography....

I liked it for Jet Li but I thought the movie was horrible-too much comedy and mooshy stuff....although I applaud Mel for quietly loosing the mullet. If Mel wants to put on an old pair of shoes again let them be Max's.Please.

#299 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:04 AM

I have to side with Loomis in this debate. I actually thought that LETHAL WEAPON 4 was a lot of fun. That said, my personal favorite of that franchise is LETHAL WEAPON 2. Incidently, HBO is showing the first one right now :cooltongue:

#300 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:49 AM

Oooh, the crystal skull one please. :cooltongue:

Can't say the others sound particularly intriguing. Destroyer of Worlds? Uggh. Quest for the Covenant? Yawn.

My guess is it's going to be Quest for the Covenant. I look at that title and I just see the mind of Lucas there. And I do like it.