495 replies to this topic

#151 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

I've been hoping for a more traditional PTS for the past few films (i.e. one that has no connection to the plot). Perhaps this could be it!

Waltz is an Austrian-born actor, so chances are he'll play an Austrian, which probably means Austria will be a big part of the movie and not just the PTS.

I agree - Also Léa Seydoux's character was going to be Norwegian and Austria is the replacement location for Norway. So I'd say that's another character with a link.

I'm expecting Austria to be central to the story and the film's main location.

#152 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

More information (in German) about the filming in Obertilliach: http://www.kleinezei...sttirol-beendet

Scenes are expected to be shot in the specially-constructed building, the slopes and the woods.

376B2CE9-09E6-4DE4-BF43-5D7649868333_v0_

#153 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

It is good to see more location work along the lines of what went on for QoS.  Must admit Skyfall's insertion of Craig into Shanghai and the Japanese island didn't really do it for me.

But there we go.

Also completely love the European mainland focus this time around.

#154 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:09 PM

Okay, lots of information, albeit not very much on the movie itself. I've heard before that they're building a huge parking lot on some meadow, and that it had to build in a way that it can be removed quickly without leaving any trace or harm to the the landscape. They also built some large tents and containers around that parking lot. Tight security is on duty 24 hours a day, cameras are not welcome.

Those small sheds we saw on the pictures, they didn't built them, but they were taken from elsewhere around the village and positioned around the house, to make it look more authentic. Those sheds are typical for the area, and some of the villagers aren't to happy about this, as some of the sheds were only removed (as they would disturb filming) and may not be rebuild after everything is finished. They fear this might destroy the traditional image of the village (local mayor says this won't happen). Parts of the crew were expected to arrive today, but some reservations were cancelled before due to weather conditions (crew will be around 300 people, 50 trucks).

Even people in the village didn't know very much until now, but of course, there's been a lot of talk and speculation in the local pubs. Now there's been a meeting today, in which the locals received some information on what's going to happen in their village, in which some 100 took part. There will be some kind of special traffic system, and there'll be a close collaboration with the Police in order to keep "normal life" for the villagers possible. As a small form of compensation, villagers will be able to take guided tours to the movie sets. Every area they need will be rented at a price of 12.000 Euros per hectare (2.471 acres). A local Eon spokesman says, when they're gone, it'll look like they've never been there.

The mayor is looking forward to making his small village known to the world, and he intends to take all his citizens on a trip to Lienz this fall to watch the finished movie.

#155 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:39 AM

We all knew what was going on in Obertilliach but now it has been officially confirmed to the villagers. 

http://www.tt.com/ku...st-gelüftet.csp

#156 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

Lots to see here including the delivery of the Skidoos.

http://tvthek.orf.at...n-Tirol/8835919

#157 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

The last guy thinks we won't see the skidoos in the movie. They will be used to film the action scenes and for the transportation of equipment.

#158 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

The last guy thinks we won't see the skidoos in the movie. They will be used to film the action scenes and for the transportation of equipment.

That's interesting. Anything else in there that might be of interest?

#159 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

After 38 seconds you can see some sort of valley/mountain. That's where the plane will fly (followed by a crash). It's a nice looking location. The tourism guy talks about the plane crash. He mentions rockets (Raketen) and says that James Bond will survive, because that's what he always does, and the others (henchmen?) probably won't. My German is not that good, but I think the rest of the video is not that interesting. They talk about the costs and other things we already know about the production in Austria.

#160 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

After 38 seconds you can see some sort of valley/mountain. That's where the plane will fly (followed by a crash). It's a nice looking location. The tourism guy talks about the plane crash. He mentions rockets (Raketen) and says that James Bond will survive, because that's what he always does, and the others (henchmen?) probably won't. My German is not that good, but I think the rest of the video is not that interesting. They talk about the costs and other things we already know about the production in Austria.

Thanks.

What does he say about the rockets exactly? 

#161 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

Thanks.

What does he say about the rockets exactly? 

I'm not quite sure, but I think he's just summing up reasons why the plane might crash. He mentions high speed (gewaltige Tempo) and rockets (Raketen). He does know that Bond will survive, because that's what he always does. Maybe someone else can translate what the guy's saying?

Also, here's an article (in German) about the video. http://tirol.orf.at/...tories/2681242/

#162 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:02 PM

No rockets here. He talks about the action sequences which will be fast, almost rocket-like (Austrian German tends to be a bit "flowery" at times). James Bond will survive (because the film makers certainly want to make a 25th Bond movie after this one), the bad guys might burn. Tourism guy says that the film company will have costs of about 4 Million Euros in the area. Next guy is a skidoo dealer. The ordered 20 skidoos from him, with trailers, which he thinks will be used for the film crew's transportation needs and maybe for camera work, doesn't thnk they'll be in the movie. Some of them will go to Obertilliach, some of them will go to Sölden (which is a confirmation for that location, too)

#163 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

TV report from Austria with english subtitles. Courtesy of The Bond Bulletin.

#164 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:26 PM

We have our first look at the plane!

Skip to the end of the report (after watching the presenter, of course ;) ). The guy who made the video caught the exact moment when the plane on the trailer arrived.

I'm not an expert, but this doesn't look like a Piper. More like a small tactical plane, because of the black colour. Registration OE-FZO seems to be Austrian.

#165 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

Uff! Is that a plane? What a sight!! B)

#166 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

vlcsnap-2014-11-28-08h13m37s131.png

#167 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:25 PM

Thanks, @Marketto007 With full screen, I could see it! :rolleyes: :P :laugh:

#168 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

After I posted the video here on CBn it went around in the Bond world, which is a good thing, because user zebrafish over at MI6 identified the plane as a Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander.

Britten_Norman_Islander_OLT.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....Norman_Islander

#169 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:21 PM

First flight 1965? Good Bond year. 

#170 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:04 AM

Another article on Austria: http://diepresse.com...us-Obertilliach

From what I can make out, there's likely to be around 25 days of filming, which is expected to translate to roughly 25 minutes of the film.

#171 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:11 AM

So if it's 25 minutes long, does this mean we can probably rule it out that it's the PTS? Then again the PTS was long for Skyfall and The World Is Not Enough.

#172 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:44 AM

That looks like a dummy plane. Presumably the one that's going to be flown on a crane.

#173 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:47 AM

So if it's 25 minutes long, does this mean we can probably rule it out that it's the PTS? Then again the PTS was long for Skyfall and The World Is Not Enough.

That's what I've been thinking as well. I think something else will be the PTS.

#174 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

Another article on Austria: http://diepresse.com...us-Obertilliach

From what I can make out, there's likely to be around 25 days of filming, which is expected to translate to roughly 25 minutes of the film.

From what I've been able to work out, it's 25 days in Obertillach, 12 to 15 days in Sölden and a few days at Altaussee from the 6th January.

With some moving about and possibly another location in Austria too, it about 45 days there. 

#175 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:34 AM

From the first plot hints I've heard, it is quite reasonable to believe that the PTS will be in Mexico. 

Obviously if the hints are correct. 

#176 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

From the first plot hints I've heard, it is quite reasonable to believe that the PTS will be in Mexico. 

What are the hints and where do they come from?

#177 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

Care to elaborate, Sky? With the lack of news, people will go beezerk, I tell ya. Plot hints sounds like a million bucks right now.

#178 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

The hints that came with Waltz and Messico news. 

The fact that Waltz will be a Lord of drugs that is hiding in Mexico, and that Bond is sent there to take him. 

Don't remember precisely where this come from.

#179 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

Don't recall seeing that in any of the articles. If true, sounds like it could be inspired by the Goldfinger (novel) opening. Link?

Oh, I'm back too - nice to see so many familiar faces still around!

#180 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

That's what I've been thinking as well. I think something else will be the PTS.

My guess is that the PTS is Rome (Bond parachutes in, car chase ensues... sounds like PTS material, don't it?).