495 replies to this topic

#181 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

On a side note, Obertilliach may be a small village of only 700 inhabitants, but they've got at least one celebrity: it's the place where the "King of Biathlon" Ole Einar Bjørndalen chose to live. Never heard of him? Oh, he only won 13 Olympic medals, 8 of them golden ones... I doubt that we'll get to see it (especially as it'll be in the middle of the season, and he's still extremely focused on his sport, even at 40), but a cameo from him would be too cool.

#182 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

On a side note, Obertilliach may be a small village of only 700 inhabitants, but they've got at least one celebrity: it's the place where the "King of Biathlon" Ole Einar Bjørndalen chose to live. Never heard of him? Oh, he only won 13 Olympic medals, 8 of them golden ones... I doubt that we'll get to see it (especially as it'll be in the middle of the season, and he's still extremely focused on his sport, even at 40), but a cameo from him would be too cool.

Plus, like the BOND 24 team, he also decided to swap Norway for Austria!

Didn't know he lives in Obertilliach though. Nice fact.

#183 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

Oh, I'm back too - nice to see so many familiar faces still around!

My feelings exactly, Matt. All the usual suspects, still here for one more ride on the Bond roller coaster. Welcome back, my friend.

So if it's 25 minutes long, does this mean we can probably rule it out that it's the PTS? Then again the PTS was long for Skyfall and The World Is Not Enough.

That's what I've been thinking as well. I think something else will be the PTS.

My guess is that the PTS is Rome (Bond parachutes in, car chase ensues... sounds like PTS material, don't it?).

It sure does, but then again, many action scenes, when analyzed separately, sound like PTS material to me.  

#184 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:45 PM

Oh, I'm back too - nice to see so many familiar faces still around!

My feelings exactly, Matt. All the usual suspects, still here for one more ride on the Bond roller coaster. Welcome back, my friend.

So if it's 25 minutes long, does this mean we can probably rule it out that it's the PTS? Then again the PTS was long for Skyfall and The World Is Not Enough.

That's what I've been thinking as well. I think something else will be the PTS.

My guess is that the PTS is Rome (Bond parachutes in, car chase ensues... sounds like PTS material, don't it?).

It sure does, but then again, many action scenes, when analyzed separately, sound like PTS material to me.  

I think Rome could possibly be the PTS now.  However...

From the first plot hints I've heard, it is quite reasonable to believe that the PTS will be in Mexico. 

Obviously if the hints are correct. 

As SkyfallCraig has said, I too saw an article someone about Waltz being in Mexico that it could be in Mexico. I think there's some general ideas and hints as to what sequence is going to be the PTS, but I think it's pretty open now.

#185 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

I hope all of this globetrotting around doesn´t turn the film into a schizophrenic ride, devoid of tone and personality. The european scenario I´m ok with, but Mexico? Really? But hey, at this point, we can´t really have a grasp of what´s going on. Like you say, Ace, it´s all pretty open now.

#186 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

Another interesting detail on the Austrian locations: reportedly, shooting in Altaussee will take place (amongst others) at the Jagdhaus Seewiese (Jagdhaus = hunting lodge), which looks like this:

640px-Altaussee_Jagdhaus_Seewiese-3.jpg

It's been a popular guesthouse an the 1950s and 60s, but has then been abandoned for 35 years and only recently been restored. Owner of the whole place is one Dietrich Mateschitz, who's known to the world as inventor and owner of Red Bull Energy Drinks, two F1-Racing teams and three football clubs, billionaire and entrepreneur. Possible new ...erm... marketing partner?

#187 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

I hope all of this globetrotting around doesn´t turn the film into a schizophrenic ride, devoid of tone and personality. The european scenario I´m ok with, but Mexico? Really? But hey, at this point, we can´t really have a grasp of what´s going on. Like you say, Ace, it´s all pretty open now.

Mexico could be a 2nd unit location...

#188 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

The trend is to make every year longer movies. Just see what happened with interstellar or the judge. Interstellar has 4/5 locations, and it lasts 2.40 Hours. I can see Bond 24 being the longest Bond movie ever. And if it will be more than 2.30, it surely won't be schizophrenic

#189 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

The trend is to make every year longer movies. Just see what happened with interstellar or the judge. Interstellar has 4/5 locations, and it lasts 2.40 Hours. I can see Bond 24 being the longest Bond movie ever. And if it will be more than 2.30, it surely won't be schizophrenic

Not necessairly. Quantum Of Solace had several locations and is the shortest Bond film to date.

#190 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

Here's hoping for a Europe-centric film, aside from Mexico (hopefully just the PTS)

#191 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

Here's hoping for a Europe-centric film, aside from Mexico (hopefully just the PTS)

Hear, hear!

#192 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

Morocco is not in Europe (and it doesn't look like Europe, not even remotely).

#193 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

Drat, forgot Morocco... stromberg sees through my shortsightedness

#194 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

Another interesting detail on the Austrian locations: reportedly, shooting in Altaussee will take place (amongst others) at the Jagdhaus Seewiese (Jagdhaus = hunting lodge), which looks like this:

640px-Altaussee_Jagdhaus_Seewiese-3.jpg

It's been a popular guesthouse an the 1950s and 60s, but has then been abandoned for 35 years and only recently been restored. Owner of the whole place is one Dietrich Mateschitz, who's known to the world as inventor and owner of Red Bull Energy Drinks, two F1-Racing teams and three football clubs, billionaire and entrepreneur. Possible new ...erm... marketing partner?

that's beautiful 

#195 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

Can anyone give me a list and idea of what country and cities are being used, that we know of this far?

Austria

Italy

Morocco

Mexico 

are all being used right?

#196 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

London, England ;)

#197 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:39 PM

London for sure. But I expect London to have a very little screen time. There Was plenty of London in Skyfall. So maybe London at the start and the end? I'd love the film to start where Skyfall ended: M's office, explaining Bond his next mission

#198 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:43 PM

Could as well happen that they shoot in London, but it won't be London in the movie. The entrance to the Shanghai Tower or the Shanghai swimming pool are recent examples for this...

#199 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:50 PM

... I'd love the film to start where Skyfall ended: M's office, explaining Bond his next mission

This seems like a scene that would start straight after the Title Sequence, rather than the PTS.

#200 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

Can anyone give me a list and idea of what country and cities are being used, that we know of this far?

Austria
Italy
Morocco
Mexico

are all being used right?

London, UK
Obertilliach, Austria
Sölden, Austria
Rome, Italy

Morocco (rumoured to be Tangier and Casablanca)
Mexico (no details known)

#201 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

Altaussee, Austria

Not too sure about the Morocco locations. There's been mention of the Al Haouz province, which is far from Casblanca or Tangier. Could be Marrakesh, maybe Ouarzazate. And we haven't heard a single piece of solid information from Morocco for quite a while. I wonder how it fits into the shooting schedule. They first go to Austria (snow season), then to Rome (car chase in February? That's not a spring month in Rome...), what next? Mexico or Morocco? Could as well be that one was swapped for the other. 

Oh, well... 36 hours to go  :D

#202 Kamran.Shah

Kamran.Shah

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:54 AM

Altaussee, Austria

Not too sure about the Morocco locations. There's been mention of the Al Haouz province, which is far from Casblanca or Tangier. Could be Marrakesh, maybe Ouarzazate. And we haven't heard a single piece of solid information from Morocco for quite a while. I wonder how it fits into the shooting schedule. They first go to Austria (snow season), then to Rome (car chase in February? That's not a spring month in Rome...), what next? Mexico or Morocco? Could as well be that one was swapped for the other. 

Oh, well... 36 hours to go  :D

Based on previous films,  I guess Mexico could also be used for some second unit work, possibly shooting some aerial sequences (like in Quantum of Solace) or using  the water tank built for Titanic (like they did for Tomorrow Never Dies, I think).

Edited by Kamran.Shah, 03 December 2014 - 05:54 AM.

#203 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

In February, in the last years, it is not so uncommon that for a couple of days snow falls in Rome. Sometimes a lot of snow. Also, we are not prepared, so there are some problems when it happens

Edited by SkyfallCraig, 03 December 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#204 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

http://tvthek.orf.at...taussee/8884871

Translation?, please!!

#205 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

The presenter says first unit will begin filming this Monday on Lake Altaussee. But in the article they say it will be in January (around Twelfth Day).

However: Bond has to "pass a test" on the lake. There won't be any action. The scene will be "sensitive" and will get "representative" on the screen (I have no idea what this means either). Duration will be 1 minute, two days shooting. Lake Altaussee was chosen against locations in Switzerland and Italy (South Tyrol). The stars will stay at the Seevilla, the set will be completely closed.

#206 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

The presenter says first unit will begin filming this Monday on Lake Altaussee. But in the article they say it will be in January (around Twelfth Day).

However: Bond has to "pass a test" on the lake. There won't be any action. The scene will be "sensitive" and will get "representative" on the screen (I have no idea what this means either). Duration will be 1 minute, two days shooting. Lake Altaussee was chosen against locations in Switzerland and Italy (South Tyrol). The stars will stay at the Seevilla, the set will be completely closed.

He said they'll be shooting around Dreikönig, which is Epiphany (January 6th). Bond will use the boat we saw in that one picture, and it'll be an absolutely closed set. IIRC from earlier reports, rehearsals in Austria are going to take place until Dec. 19th, then they'll take a holiday break and start shooting there in the new year.

Going to be a tough job translating those all Austrian interviews. Some of these guys speak with a heavy accent (won't be a problem, though).

#207 R. Dittmar

R. Dittmar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

No - I think they're probably going to Austria because it forms a backdrop to the main story. Unless, that is, there's another borrowing from Fleming - a reference not only to Andrew and Monique Bond's accident, but also to Hannes Oberhauser, the guide killed in the short story Octopussy who was a father figure for Bond. He's not mentioned in the film OP - the stolen gold events related by Bond took place in Korea - but he could crop up here, if only to provide another tenuous link to the Bond sources material. Clutching at straws, I know.

Guy,

Thanks for checking "Octopussy" for the name of the guide killed.  Doesn't the cast list say that Waltz is playing someone named Oberhauser?  I thought that name sounded familiar.

#208 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for the translation! When they get to Mexico, I will translate :P

#209 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

No - I think they're probably going to Austria because it forms a backdrop to the main story. Unless, that is, there's another borrowing from Fleming - a reference not only to Andrew and Monique Bond's accident, but also to Hannes Oberhauser, the guide killed in the short story Octopussy who was a father figure for Bond. He's not mentioned in the film OP - the stolen gold events related by Bond took place in Korea - but he could crop up here, if only to provide another tenuous link to the Bond sources material. Clutching at straws, I know.

Guy,

Thanks for checking "Octopussy" for the name of the guide killed. Doesn't the cast list say that Waltz is playing someone named Oberhauser? I thought that name sounded familiar.
According to the Daily Mail report which first suggested that Waltz is Blofeld, Waltz is playing Franz Oberhauser, son of Hans. Per the Daily Mail, Franz Oberhauser will be revealed as Blofeld.

The Oberhauser surname was confirmed by EON.

#210 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:14 AM

Indeed. Some media are writing up that Waltz is Hannes Oberhauser, but that's certainly not information from EON or anyone else, so I'd advise real caution on that. As Harmsway says, the best information so far is from the Mail on Sunday report - so we should assume it's the newly created Franz Oberhauser, until further notice.