495 replies to this topic

#121 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

That's a "Plätte", a local kind of boat that's been used for transportations or by fishermen in the days of old, nowadys, there's a more touristic factor to it:

Traunsee_OOETourismus25_PR_460.jpg

I somehow doubt that Obertilliach will be the villain's lair. Nothing there really looks like a villan's lair. They're building a simple house that basically looks like a large shed and (from what I heard) some smaller buildings (which really seem to be sheds) nearby. And all that in a tiny remote Austrian village. Okay, we did have something like that in OHMSS, but I doubt they'll repeat that (or a hollowed-out montain, for that matter). People who've been there also doubt that there'll be a huge explosion in the scale of Skyfall, because the village and some of it's buildings are much too close. Of course, there still the option of CGI...

My guess: We'll get that plane crash that's already been mentioned. People on that plane may die (but it may as well run on autopilot), but it'll be about the people in the house. And I supect that it'll be some kind of Hannes Oberhauser character - if not himself - and maybe his family. Until now, I've not been a fan of this Oberhauser theory, but I've done a bit of research. If you look at the other Austrian location, Altaussee, it certainly doesn't ring a bell immediately. But the bell rings, and loudly does it ring, if you look at the map and see that famous Lake Toplitz is in only a few miles distance. Which could mean Nazi gold and/or all other kinds of secret Nazi stuff, thus pointing us straight to Oberhauser.

Altaussee, Altaussee, Bond movie's gonna be shot at some lake in Austria, nobody really cares because nobody really knows. But if someone would have said "Theyre shooting within five miles of Lake Toplitz", we'd already be speculating wildly for weeks. I'd say Austria won't be villain's lair, and it won't be the climax. PTS with the killing of Oberhauser as Bond's motivation (hey-ho, this time it's personal... again) is my guess. Could even be a backflash, as that plane crash may have taken place years ago. Wouldn't be too surprised if we get to see images of some vintage plane, sooner or later.

Rehearsals and test shootings in Obertilliach will take place in December (1st until 19th), principal shooting there is scheduled to start with the new year (03rd January, I've heard, but that's a Saturday), until mid-February.

#122 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

Nice catch! :tup:

Here is a pic of the other buildings:

img_7322.jpg?w=700

Source:

http://lecercleclub....a-imbarcazione/

Other pics available here:

http://thebondbullet...medium=facebook

On this latest set of photos, it looks like they are building a full village, complete with pigstys or cattle sheds.

I have seen footage of the main house they are building in Obertilliach (I think I have posted a link to the video earlier in this thread, and it is very clear that they can't have an actual explosion here. The house is right across the street from the village.

#123 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:43 PM

I'm sure it will look great on screen, judging by how terrific the Scotland locations looked in SkyFall

#124 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:59 AM

Well done for identifying the boat, folks. I couldn't figure it out at all. 

Particularly striking how many different buildings they're assembling. I'd wager they wipe a fair few of those out.

#125 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

Good stuff here folks.

So, a small-ish mountain village and a plane crash. Interesting. My own wheels turn to a few theories.

1) The crash happens. Maybe intentional to hit a target, maybe an accident, but there is someone or perhaps something on board that's a key piece.

2) Inasmuch as this is being touted as a "key set/sequence", it could be the lead into the third act and big reveal. I've been waiting for the Nazi gold angle to appear in present day since Bond teased Goldfinger.

Doing a bit of web digging, I came across countless bits, but it's suspected/theorized that less than 10% of any Third Reich gold has ever been recovered. Could prove an interesting angle.

Right then...Carry on.  B)

#126 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

The casting of Austria's best (and second most famous) actor is another bit of compelling evidence that it's portraying exactly where it claims to be.

#127 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

Good point, Vauxhall, never thought of this. Waltz could actually play a local character.

#128 Bourbon Woman

Bourbon Woman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

Wow, Lake Toplitz. Here's hoping for Nazzees. 

#129 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

Updates from Austria:

http://translate.goo...-fur-BondTrucks

#130 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

"Soon roll on cranes for the spectacular plane crash. There, an aircraft is hung to it then blow up."

Interesting.

Edited by dirtymind, 19 November 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#131 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

There was another article in a newspaper. The airplane is going to be a two-engined Piper.

#132 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

There was another article in a newspaper. The airplane is going to be a two-engined Piper.

Link, please?

#133 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:55 PM

Link, please?

There ain't no link for everything. ;)

A photo of the article of Sunday's Kleine Zeitung was sent to me, I still hope they publish this gem sometime. It's mainly a reportage of the location visit with Sam Mendes, Chris Corbould and Gary Powell. And their talking some Skidoos, Range Rover and Piper action. Interesting stuff.

#134 Marcin

Marcin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

Now that's an interesting news. However somehow I was hoping for a bigger, passenger airplane crash scene climax. Something we've never seen before in the series. Something that would surely settle the the tone of the movie. But that's me.

#135 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:26 PM

Link, please?

There ain't no link for everything. ;)

A photo of the article of Sunday's Kleine Zeitung was sent to me, I still hope they publish this gem sometime. It's mainly a reportage of the location visit with Sam Mendes, Chris Corbould and Gary Powell. And their talking some Skidoos, Range Rover and Piper action. Interesting stuff.

:blink: That photo is a gem! Can we see it, please? :rolleyes:

#136 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

Found it by googling the title:

https://twitter.com/...914353473691648

It's saying some spoilerish stuff. Like the airplane will fly above a forest track, on which three Range Rovers are driving. (The airplane will actually not fly itself, but be guided by some steel cables.) The flight however will end in the house. For the visit they set up a banner at the wall of the house (see picture). Afterwards Bond will be chased by Skidoos through the village. They ordered 20 of them for this production. (Under the picture of the boat they also state the amount of 20, but I guess this was mixed up.)

I think we can assume Bond is flying the Piper and being chased by the Range Rovers. Somehow they make him crash, but Bond is able to park the plane in the chalet. Afterwards maybe some fights around the house (after all, it's quite well built) and the the chase with the Skidoos. Sounds promising.

#137 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

So it's going to be a sequence that starts in the air on a plane and then converts to snow mobiles? That sounds cool.

#138 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:20 PM

All this happens while Nina's "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown?" plays as the background score...LOL! :D  Seriously, this sounds like a promising action sequence!

#139 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

This sounds like a lot of fun, actually! A Snowy sequence is what I've been wanting for Craig's tenure as Bond.

#140 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:13 AM

Well, let's hope they improve on the last snowy sequence that was Brosnan's TWINE thing.  As a cure for insomnia, that ruled all.

#141 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:38 AM

Sounds like it could be the PTS?

#142 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:20 AM

Sure does. But who knows? I´m really surprised with the lack of leaks in this one. Good for them. The plane crash being done with no cgi fest is good news, I think.

#143 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:24 AM

Sure does. But who knows? I´m really surprised with the lack of leaks in this one. Good for them. The plane crash being done with no cgi fest is good news, I think.

It could very well, and quite possibly use CGI in post-production for touch up work to go along with the practical plane crash.

#144 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:36 AM

I think the plane crash into the chalet could be quite funny, if done right. In the spirit of Bond rearranging his cufflinks in Skyfall. His plane has been shot down but he adapts to the situation, as if it's not a big deal. Could be the place for a throwaway quip like "sorry about that" to the stunned onlookers.  

#145 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

Thanks #11!!

Great information!

Edited by ggl, 20 November 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#146 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

Sounds like an excellent sequence. Thanks for the details!

#147 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

I've been hoping for a more traditional PTS for the past few films (i.e. one that has no connection to the plot). Perhaps this could be it!

#148 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

Definitely has a PTS vibe if the report is accurate. Could be that Bond is on a private plane with a girl like Rog in Moonraker, she tries to kill him, he crashes the plane, and then escapes with a file or something on a skidoo as the bad guys follow in pursuit.

#149 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

I've been hoping for a more traditional PTS for the past few films (i.e. one that has no connection to the plot). Perhaps this could be it!

Waltz is an Austrian-born actor, so chances are he'll play an Austrian, which probably means Austria will be a big part of the movie and not just the PTS.

#150 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

Tyrol might approximately be the region you fly over when you're traveling from Rome to London. Just saying.