This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who do you want for Bond 7? * POLL ADDED*

4014 replies to this topic

Poll: In lieu of proper news, let's have an opinion...

Do you think Daniel Craig will return for BOND 25?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Now that's out of the way, do you WANT Daniel Craig to return as Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Suppose Daniel Craig will be back as 007, for how many films would you wish to see him back?

Should Daniel Craig not return as James Bond, would you want the current timeline continued?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1291 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

I think Fassbender simply missed how window, it's not about age though, it's just better for the actor not to be so world famous.

Edited by JohnnyWalker, 03 August 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#1292 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

Most of the names in this thread are too old already to play Bond, but if the unthinkable were to happen and they needed to cast a new actor immediately, I'd say yes to Damien Lewis. I actually like Benedict Cumberbatch. He's a bit skinny (OK, a lot) but he's got the deep voice and in Star Trek : Into Darkness he's got the thick comma of black hair that made me think of Fleming's bond. Bulk him up a bit and put a few lines in his face, and I think he'd be OK.

Other suggestions? No to Cavill (too pretty) Matthew Rhys (love him in The Americans, but he's bald) Idris Elba (yeah, I know...) and Tom Hardy, whom I never cared for.

But Craig's my favorite and I want him to do as many Bonds as possible.

#1293 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

...Matthew Rhys (love him in The Americans, but he's bald) ....

Errr...

matthew_rhys.jpg

...he doesn't look bald to me?  What are you smoking  :blink:

He's superb in The Americans and would do a decent job of Bond IMO. Like Craig, he'd keep it real and is a far better prospect than the potential pretty boys, or lumbering action stars mentioned in the past.

I hate to say it, but i just can't handle a ginger Bond, so Lewis is out (and btw, i had no objections to Craig, in fact i suggested him back in the 90s, so i can handle deviation, but only up to a point).

Cumberbatch - what a fantastic actor - i'd love to see him play the villain once Star Trek is far behind him, but again, not Bond.

I can see why there's little love for a Tom Hardy Bond, given the roles he's played up to now, but what i'd suggest is don't underestimate him. IMO he's a better actor than even Cumberbatch and if you don't agree then watch them in the excellent BBC two-hander  'Stuart: A Life Backwards'  and you'll see Cumberbatch outshone by Hardy's class. Once his new  Mad Max  opens next year he'll be seen universally as great heroic leading man material.

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 11 August 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#1294 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

You're right, I should have said balding. He's pretty thin on top, but then again, so were Connery and Dalton....

But Matthew Rhys is a really good actor. I concur that he would make a good 007.

#1295 Golddragon71

Golddragon71

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

some time ago I selected Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Star Trek: Into Darkness) as my personal choice for 007  well, the latest teaser images from the next upcoming season of Sherlock solidify my opinion

behold

CraigCumberbatch_zps17026322.jpg

#1296 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'd be all for Benedict Cumberbatch as James Bond.

#1297 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Damian Lewis up for being the next James Bond: It would be wonderful

metro 3 Sep 2013

Damian Lewis has expressed interest in taking over from Daniel Craig as the next James Bond.

Asked about the possibility of becoming the next 007 in an interview with Esquire, he replied: ‘Yes, I think it would be wonderful.

‘Daniel is doing an amazing job and he’ll continue to do it for a bit. But if it ever comes to that, I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.’

#1298 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Tom Hardy in line for James Bond role http://www.dailystar...James-Bond-role

#1299 Hansen

Hansen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

No, thanks

#1300 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

It´s a very long line.

#1301 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

I've been saying it's a possibility here for some time now (particularly after his star really rises with Mad Max), but hey, i was touting Craig for Bond back in the late 90s so what do i know?

#1302 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Luke Evans the villian from Fast & furious 6 is my top tip to be next 007.

I've been saying it's a possibility here for some time now (particularly after his star really rises with Mad Max), but hey, i was touting Craig for Bond back in the late 90s so what do i know?

Same as above post i was saying Craig way before he was ever picked and got mocked (as did many) because the blond hair, not good lokking enough, looks like a boxer etc. So here goes maybe Hardy or Luke Evans

#1303 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

He's to old, Yes to old to begin his training. 

#1304 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

No Tom Hardy, please. He makes DC look tall and skinny by comparison.

#1305 Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

I don't like Tom Hardy. His mouth is not "cruel" enough according to Fleming's description.

#1306 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

I don't like Tom Hardy. His mouth is not "cruel" enough according to Fleming's description.

Neither was Moore's, honestly, yet he was an excellent Bond...

We should not stick too closely to Fleming's description, I think, or we would end up with a stereotype Bond. We need each actor to bring something new and original (provided of course it fits the overall Bond profile), eventhough it's not 100% Fleming.

#1307 Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

I think the "cruel mouth" is a very important detail, much more than the color of hair or eyes.

Tom Hardy has not the profile of James Bond, this actor is overrated. I prefer another one.

#1308 Hansen

Hansen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Tom Hardy has not the profile of James Bond, this actor is overrated. I prefer another one.

Tout à fait d'accord ;-)

#1309 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

I think the "cruel mouth" is a very important detail, much more than the color of hair or eyes.

Although I wouldn't really want Hardy as Bond, I wouldn't say that he's overrated. He was great in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and was very convincing in The Dark Knight Rises. He's a good performer. Maybe not Bond type, but good nonetheless.

#1310 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

For my taste, they should not go down this "he does not have to look like Fleming´s Bond at all"-route any further.  And Tom Hardy, IMO, while being a good actor, is so far away from the character description that he just does not qualify.

#1311 Yellow Pinky

Yellow Pinky

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Still holding on to my vote for Richard Armitage.  He was my choice to be Batman in Superman vs. Batman (he was in the mix and still would be better than Affleck by a mile), and after his turn as Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit movies would have just the right level of "bubbling under the radar" name recognition to step into the role.  I also kind of like the idea of Luke Evans and Rupert Friend, but Armitage has the height, the build, the voice, the acting chops, and gets us back closer to the classic image of Bond without being a pretty boy clothes horse.

#1312 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Dominic Cooper - another possible future 007? http://uk.movies.yah...-125900319.html

#1313 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Dominic Cooper - another possible future 007? http://uk.movies.yah...-125900319.html

Gotta give a big fat no to this one.

#1314 007th Heaven

007th Heaven

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

I would like to see Liam McIntyre take over the role after Craig steps down.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2553987/

#1315 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Tom Hardy or Benedict Cumberbatch.

#1316 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

William Boyd: Daniel Day-Lewis would make ideal James Bond independent 25 September 2013 http://www.independe...nd-8839104.html

As James Bond returns to print in a new adventure, author William Boyd has revealed his surprise choice to play the super-spy were it adapted for the big screen: Oscar winner Daniel Day-Lewis.

Solo, released this morning at The Dorchester hotel, is a new novel featuring Bond set in 1969 with Boyd writing as original author Ian Fleming.

The acclaimed author of A Good Man in Africa has written screenplays for work starring three Bond actors: Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig, who he also directed in The Trench, and said he would not pick a favourite between them.

“If there was going to be an actor to play my James Bond, I’d choose another actor who’s been in a film of mine and who is also called Daniel,” he continued. “Daniel Day-Lewis actually resembles the Bond that Fleming describes.”

Fleming describes Bond in three novels as looking like Hoagy Carmichael, a singer-songwriter famous around the Second World War.

“He was a tall, lean, rangy, very dark haired good looking man. there’s a sense that image is what he saw his Bond looking like. Daniel Day-Lewis looks a bit like Hoagy Carmichael.”

Boyd said the films were getting “further and further away from Fleming’s Bond” adding: “The current Bond is fantastically interesting even though the current films are half a century on than the novels. The link gets fainter and fainter. The Bond films are all contemporary.”

#1317 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Fleming describes Bond in three novels as looking like Hoagy Carmichael, a singer-songwriter famous around the Second World War.

“He was a tall, lean, rangy, very dark haired good looking man. there’s a sense that image is what he saw his Bond looking like. Daniel Day-Lewis looks a bit like Hoagy Carmichael.”

Well, we can dream, can't we. Day-Lewis has always been the best Bond that will never be.

Perhaps when Craig hangs up his holster they could do a one-off retro film of Solo with Day-Lewis (if he's not too old by then). Frears or Tarantino would direct the hell out of a retro Bond movie.

#1318 Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

When I read Fleming novels I always imagine someone like Clint Easwood as Bond.

#1319 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

When I read Fleming novels I always imagine someone like Clint Easwood as Bond.

You're supposed to imagine yourself as Bond - it's the law ;)

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 25 September 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#1320 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

Cumberbatch is 37! I thought for sure he was in his late 20's. He can probably play younger roles for some time. A plus when you are playing an ageless character like Holmes or 007.