This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who do you want for Bond 7? * POLL ADDED*

4014 replies to this topic

Poll: In lieu of proper news, let's have an opinion...

Do you think Daniel Craig will return for BOND 25?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Now that's out of the way, do you WANT Daniel Craig to return as Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Suppose Daniel Craig will be back as 007, for how many films would you wish to see him back?

Should Daniel Craig not return as James Bond, would you want the current timeline continued?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1261 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

Aneurin Barnard reveals his dream of playing James Bond walesonline 6 jul 2013

“The one role that I’ve always said I would love to play is Bond, because it’s something that is very close to me, and it was close to my grandfathers and my father.

“It’s something that I’d really love to do.

“When I was a kid, I used to pretend to be Bond

“I’m not saying that I’ll ever have the chance to, but just to be in a Bond film would be great, even as a Bond villain. The role does excite me, it always has and always will.”

“Doctor Who is a very exciting role as well, that would be fun to play. Onstage one day I’d love to play Stanley from A Streetcar Named Desire, maybe in 10 years’ time when I’m more of a man and more in a position to play that role.

“After that, to move into Bond would probably be pretty good.

“I’ll set on that path; I’ll reach for it in my career and if I get close I know I’ll be doing all right.”

#1262 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Possible 007's after Daniel Craig hangs up his tuxedo http://uk.movies.yah...-133900078.html

Tom Hardy - Hardy has fast become one of the go-to British guys in Hollywood. Having established himself both as a physically strong candidate and a simply superb dramatic actor, Hardy also possesses a keen wit. Combine these elements and surely you have one of the top candidates for the role?

Henry Cavill - Currently gracing the world with an 'S' on his chest as Superman, Cavill was actually turned down for the role of Bond for being too young, and was beaten to the punch by Daniel Craig himself. Years down the line, and with Cavill proving his leading man muscle, could he finally get the chance to prove himself as 007?

Clive Owen - Owen's is a name who has always been linked with Bond and why not. He has charisma, charm and can certainly handle himself in a fight. Through the years he has remained a British actor worthy of plaudits, 'Children Of Men' and 'Shadow Dancer' just two films seeing the best of Owen and slotting him into a candidate position.

Tom Hiddleston - He may have provided the villain in the smash blockbuster 'Avengers Assemble' but Hiddleston is definitely a strong possibility for Bond. Raising his stock with every film he appears in, Hiddleston is fast becoming the best current talent from the UK and he would certainly epitomise everything a James Bond should be.

Jason Statham - A huge outside choice but certainly one that would ruffle a few feathers and take James Bond into a whole new direction, Statham would provide the grittiest of Bonds. His trademark swagger and fighting credentials without a doubt make 'the Stath' a mouth-watering proposition as a possible Bond so maybe it isn't so ludicrous after all...

#1263 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Owen and Statham are too old.

#1264 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

Nobody on that list would be a good Bond. Owen is the only appropriate choice on the list, but only would have been so a decade ago, but is too old now.

#1265 Hansen

Hansen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

I could go for Owen if we imagine a couple of films with a Bond in his mid-fifties. I mean truly, not à la Roger Moore.
It would be an interesting and original approach. Plus it would get us away from this rebootmania.
As an example, Batman in Dark Knight Returns is a great character.
It is just an example : I am definitely not supporting having Bond getting in Batman footsteps all the way long as it was done in SF.
As Boyd's Solo seems to go that, I am truly looking forward what will get out of it.

#1266 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

I could go for Owen if we imagine a couple of films with a Bond in his mid-fifties. I mean truly, not à la Roger Moore.
It would be an interesting and original approach. Plus it would get us away from this rebootmania.
As an example, Batman in Dark Knight Returns is a great character.
It is just an example : I am definitely not supporting having Bond getting in Batman footsteps all the way long as it was done in SF.
As Boyd's Solo seems to go that, I am truly looking forward what will get out of it.

I would prefer an actor who isn't horribly bland and monotone.

#1267 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

If Craig leaves since he will be "too old" to go on, I hope that they will stick to the traditional formula and just introduce a younger Bond to carry on WITHOUT having to reboot everything.

Owen will be too old either way - and probably was never perfect for Bond. And don´t even believe for a second that an older Bond (or any hero over 50) would be risked by a studio these days.

#1268 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

If Craig leaves since he will be "too old" to go on, I hope that they will stick to the traditional formula and just introduce a younger Bond to carry on WITHOUT having to reboot everything.

Owen will be too old either way - and probably was never perfect for Bond. And don´t even believe for a second that an older Bond (or any hero over 50) would be risked by a studio these days.

That would be my hope as well. There should be no reboot.

As for the actor playing Bond, I'm still hoping that Rupert Friend auditions again for the role.

#1269 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Agreed. A reboot probably wouldn't work anyway now that they have a new M, Q and Moneypenny. What would be the point of rebooting it just to bring back those same actors. I think Bond 7 will just continue with the series as did Roger Moore and start to re introduce the gadgets and humor. 

#1270 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

A reboot probably wouldn't work anyway now that they have a new M, Q and Moneypenny. What would be the point of rebooting it just to bring back those same actors.

Wouldn't be the first time they rebooted with an established actor in the role of M. ;)

Agreed, though.

#1271 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

Possible 007's after Daniel Craig hangs up his tuxedo http://uk.movies.yah...-133900078.html

Tom Hardy - Hardy has fast become one of the go-to British guys in Hollywood. Having established himself both as a physically strong candidate and a simply superb dramatic actor, Hardy also possesses a keen wit. Combine these elements and surely you have one of the top candidates for the role?

Henry Cavill - Currently gracing the world with an 'S' on his chest as Superman, Cavill was actually turned down for the role of Bond for being too young, and was beaten to the punch by Daniel Craig himself. Years down the line, and with Cavill proving his leading man muscle, could he finally get the chance to prove himself as 007?

Clive Owen - Owen's is a name who has always been linked with Bond and why not. He has charisma, charm and can certainly handle himself in a fight. Through the years he has remained a British actor worthy of plaudits, 'Children Of Men' and 'Shadow Dancer' just two films seeing the best of Owen and slotting him into a candidate position.

Tom Hiddleston - He may have provided the villain in the smash blockbuster 'Avengers Assemble' but Hiddleston is definitely a strong possibility for Bond. Raising his stock with every film he appears in, Hiddleston is fast becoming the best current talent from the UK and he would certainly epitomise everything a James Bond should be.

Jason Statham - A huge outside choice but certainly one that would ruffle a few feathers and take James Bond into a whole new direction, Statham would provide the grittiest of Bonds. His trademark swagger and fighting credentials without a doubt make 'the Stath' a mouth-watering proposition as a possible Bond so maybe it isn't so ludicrous after all...

Okay I think Jason Statham, Henry Cavill, Clive Owen and Tom Hiddleston are all poor choices.... I just think they are all wayyy too big of movie stars to ever really be considered for the role of James Bond. 

Plus Tom Hiddleston has a unique look and that's not Bond, same with Clive Owen. Also Henry Cavill is Superman he can't be James Bond too he lost out on that franchise.

Now Tom Hardy is the best choice out of the list you provided but I still am not sure if I approve.

#1272 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

I must say, after having seen MAN OF STEEL, I would love Cavill to become Bond.  Since Daniel Craig will step down in 2018 at the earliest, I guess, the new Bond will only be introduced in 2020/2021.  That would leave Cavill enough time to be finished with his Superman tenure and grow older, to step comfortably into Bond´s shoes.

But it´s more likely, of course, that another newcomer will take over.

#1273 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Rob James-Collier

Richard Madden

#1274 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Rob James-Collier

Richard Madden

I hate to be so negative, but i really don't like these candidates.

I don't know much about Collier, but he's very 'catalogue model' and after raising the bar so high with Craig, doing away with the handicap of having to cast looks  before ability, it'd be sad to see Eon return to that mantra. He may well have ability, but by virtue of his 'cheesy' look, they'd return Bond to that bygone formula. Fleming's Bond was far more rugged; lean, scarred and dangerous to behold.

For me Tom Hardy  has these credentials in abundance - sure he's been muscle bound in a few roles, but has proven he can adapt his physique to the role as well as DeNiro, or Bale ever did. I think Hardy doesn't fit the leading man-hero template for many here, but just wait 'til the new Mad Max trilogy hit cinemas, starting with Mad Max: Fury Road next year. His star power will eclipse that of The Dark Knight Rises and he may well become the most in demand leading man.

I doubt Eon could recruit him, as he won't want to be so type cast at the peak of his career, if he accepted we'd all be very lucky Bond fans to have a new Bond just as capable as Craig (i see no other actors that could claim this).

For the curious, check out his performances, starting with the best:

Film

Bronsan

Warrior

Lawless

Inception

TV

Stuart: A Life Backwards

Wuthering Heights

The Take (a fairly trashy crime drama, but Hardy's disturbing performance makes it very watchable)

Looking at his IMDB page he has 5 movies in various stages of production which all sound very promising indeed:

Animal Rescue, a crime drama from the Belgian director of the film Bullhead, which was pretty well regarded.

Locke, another crime drama from the director of the recent Statham movie Hummingbird (which looked far more interesting than the usual Statham fare).

Child 44, set in Stalin's Russia - a disgraced MGB agent hunts a child killer. From the director of Safe House, which was far better than expected.

Everest, in which he plays Mallory attempting the climbs. By Doug Liman, director of The Boune Identity.

The Outsider, in post war Japan, Hardy is a former GI who joins the Yakuza. Directed by the prolific Takashi Miike.

They all sound great, the last three having oscar laden blockbuster potential. More to the point the eclectic nature of this list shows how Hardy likes to diversify and shows how incredibly versatile he is - along with Craig he's the only actor i can think of who could equally be a convincing Bond, or convincing Bond villain in his prime years (sure, many could be a villain in their dotage).

It's not likely he'd commit to Bond, but i really hope Eon try to audition him anyhow.

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 29 July 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#1275 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Out of all the 'name actors' who have been mentioned, the only one who interests me is Fassbender. If not him, I'd rather a relative unknown.

#1276 FOX MULDER

FOX MULDER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Timothy Olyphant

Timothy_Olyphant.jpg

Superb actor from the "Justified" show. Give him a shave, and an English accent...

#1277 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

Ben Barnes in as interesting one. In around 10 years or so. He's good looking, I don't know if he can act though, I saw a trailer for DORIAN GREY today, I was rather impressed.

Looks about as threatening as a haddock.

I have advocated Barnes' potential earlier in this thread, noting also that he needs a couple of more lines of maturity on his face.

And people who judge and dismiss an actor by one photo either lack imagination or have a Tom Hardy agenda.

#1278 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Jeez, let Craig finish his tenure before all this speculation nonsense. How about just enjoying the here and now?

Because some of us aren't enjoying the here and now.

I spent 40 years reading Ian Fleming Bond books and watching Bond movies about a good looking, suave, sexy, sophisticated, secret agent, who can do anything, drive/fly/pilot/manoeuvre any damned mechanical device and seduce any female with a pulse, on this planet. He was supersuave.

Then Eon put Gollum's older brother, Daniel Craig, in as a poor replacement just because Barbara Broccoli wanted to get into his pants, IMO. (I offer in my defence, the signature of a CBN person who says .... and I'm paraphrasing here so it won't be exact but I hope they'll come forward to back me up with the exact quote.

Quote from Daniel Craig. "On the day we were filming the torture sequence, Barbara kept appearing on the set. I kept saying to her ... 'Don't you have paperwork to do back in your office or something? But she said No, I should be here'." Or something like that.

Now, it seems to me that if she rearranged her work schedule to specifically be on set during the scenes where he was naked and tied up ... I've got to ask ... what was her actual reason for casting him. (Personally I think it's because she likes a bit of rough.) And he is ... sorry but he is.

I've never seen any performances from him previously that justify him being chosen for the part. In my opinion he's not that good looking and worst of all ... he can't act that well. He just says lines on camera, he doesn't act.

And yes I have seen Munich,
And yes I have seen Road To Perdition (wasn't Tom Hanks great in that?)
And yes I have seen Tomb Raider.
And he was lousy in all of them. (And I mean, lousy.)

And before anyone says ... 'Ah but have you seen Friends from the North/In The North? Whatever it was. No I haven't but you can't quote a TV programne as justification for him getting a major film part, when his film work certainly hasn't justified him getting the role.

I know this will an be unpopular post but I do mean it, it isn't just thrown in to start an argument, and I am prepared to defend my position, but I throw it out there to see whether it is supported or rejected. My actual suggestions as a replacement, I will put in another post as arguments about this post will overshadow it.

Your post is not unpopular with all. Only with the louder portion of posters missing the whole point of Bond being a cool, suave killer.

I agree with almost all of your post. I do however disagree with your judgement of Craig's acting abilities. I have no problem with that. He just does not look and act like Bond. As I pointed out before, if Babbs was so hot for Craig and wanted to do an rough, angry, short, blonde rip off of Bourne, why no just create another double-0 agent and make him all that? Call him some rough and tough name like, Richard Stone or something and make him, say, 009. I - and I suspect many others -  would definitely accept Craig in that role and enjoy the movies not for a moment distracted by how un-Bond the character is.

Edited by Frankie, 29 July 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#1279 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Ben_Barnes_001.jpg

He looks a lot like a rockstar! He'd be cool for a henchman, but I don't see him for Bond with this hair! biggrin.gif

I can't understand how people's imagination can't go beyond the possibilities of a simple haircut. :S A full head of hair can be cut many different styles, dude. Including one suitable for Bond.

#1280 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Oops!

Today after months of not posting I rejoined this thread. I asked to be taken to the "last uread post" and it took me way back to early pages of this thread. So my posts today are inadverdantly replies to oooold posts.

My apologies.

Now I have to remember where in this thread I was MONTHS AGO!!!

Edited by Frankie, 30 July 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#1281 Hansen

Hansen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Sorry to insist, but imagine an independent movie. Let's say a 5-6 millon USD budget taking place in Jamaica about an old alcoholic guy, totally lost having to face a bad guy to save a beautiful girl coming out of the waves. A baccarat game, an undersea sequence and the hero whispering Tracy when dying...

#1282 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

I have watched the short-lived TV show Camelot during X-mas holidays. I could not help thinking Clive Standen would be perfect for Bond in the future... after a good haircut of course !

He is my top choice so far. Even behind the long hair and the facial hair (Vikings) he screams Bond.

#1283 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

What about this young guy ?

Some few years and he will be perfect. :D

seancon.jpg

Perfect 'future' Bond. :)

#1284 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

I have watched the short-lived TV show Camelot during X-mas holidays. I could not help thinking Clive Standen would be perfect for Bond in the future... after a good haircut of course !

He is my top choice so far. Even behind the long hair and the facial hair (Vikings) he screams Bond.

He certainly exhibits plenty of brooding swagger in Vikings, which is an absolutely fantastic show (btw, the great theme is by Fever Ray, a band i've been long touting to perform a Bond theme).

But i'd need to see him in a very different role to have a strong opinion on his Bond potential. Right now he's being type cast, what with his virtually identical role in the low budget movie Hammer Of The Gods.

Timothy Olyphant

Timothy_Olyphant.jpg

Superb actor from the "Justified" show. Give him a shave, and an English accent...

I'm sorry, but as great as he is in Justified (and was even better in Deadwood), he's just not Bond. His gimmick is pent up, repressed anger, which he does very well, but that's not Bond. And his style is that very cool, laconic swagger, which is very American. He's not exhibited great range beyond this.

However, he's a contender for Snake Plissken, should they ever make good on their threat to reboot the character (though personally i don't see any director competing with John Carpenter when he was in his prime - look what happened to the dull The Thing and Halloween rehashes). Having said that Josh Brolin is a better Snake contender.

Eta, So far the only realistic contenders right now are Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender. If they were to recast now, they're the only names capable of taking the batten from Craig without dropping it. But, thankfully i doubt they'll be recasting for some time - another 3 movies for Craig i'm guessing - and who knows who'll be available in around 2020!

I'm afraid even i'll be too old by then ;)

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 30 July 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#1285 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

What about this young guy ?

Some few years and he will be perfect. :D

seancon.jpg

Hope is not dead for a future Bond. ;) See below:

http://www.theplace2...hwaites_001.jpg

Brenton Thwaites, 25

6'-2"

Australian

There's some similarities to your young Connery pic, don't you think?

Edited by Frankie, 01 August 2013 - 12:37 AM.

#1286 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

I've never liked the choice of Hardy for Bond.  If Bond 25 is Craig's last and is released in 2018 (likely), and Bond 26 is released between 2020 and 2022 (the expected 2 to 4 year window), then Hardy (born in September '77) will be 43 to 45 years old when Bond 26 is released.  That may be too old to start if they're looking to get more than 4 films out of Bond #7.

Cavill and Hiddleston will be age-appropriate, in that sense.  Hiddleston will be 39 to 41 in that window, Cavill 37 to 39.

My doubt on Cavill is that he's just played Superman, so it's highly unlikely he'd garner another franchise.

Hiddleston is an interesting suggestion -- I don't really think of him as a big star but that's mainly because I'm not familiar with his work, other than seeing him as F. Scott Fitzgerald in Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris" and I know he was in "Thor" and "The Avengers" but as the villain.  He has an interesting look, not sure how it would work for Bond and frankly we probably won't know until he's nearer to 40.  Depending on when Bond 26 comes out, he also might be just a shade older than they're looking for.  But this far out, he seems like a decent possibility.

EDIT:

Could just be me, but from the pics of him in "War Horse" (I saw it in theaters, didn't know who he was), he kind of looks like a cross between Daniel Craig and Michael Fassbender; in period pieces, he's clearly made up to look more handsome and dashing, which is not a bad thing for Bond.  I think I like this choice.

Dave

Edited by rubixcub, 02 August 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#1287 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

I found this - it's entitled 'Christopher Nolan's James Bond....' etc.  It tells me very little about what a Nolan Bond movie could be, but it does present a pretty convincing case for Fassbinder as Bond (if in a very superficial way)

#1288 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

I found this - it's entitled 'Christopher Nolan's James Bond....' etc.  It tells me very little about what a Nolan Bond movie could be, but it does present a pretty convincing case for Fassbinder as Bond (if in a very superficial way)

I never got why people insist on Fassbender if Nolan directed a Bond movie, I mean it's not like they've ever worked together. Why is Craig so hard to imagine in a movie with Nolan? 

#1289 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

Although I probably would not have thought that someone looking like Craig would be a great 007 - I must say that Hardy does not look like James Bond to me at all.

While Craig has that tough, ruggard handsomeness, Hardy´s face looks too fleshy and too soft for my taste. Sure, he has bulked up for several roles - but that alone does not make a good Bond.

Fassbender fits into my image of Bond much better - but I guess he will look too old when Craig is leaving the role.  Fassbender will miss out on the role, just like Owen did.

#1290 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

I never got why people insist on Fassbender if Nolan directed a Bond movie, I mean it's not like they've ever worked together. Why is Craig so hard to imagine in a movie with Nolan? 

I'd no idea people were insisting on Fassbinder if Nolan directs!  I'm certainly not; i'd love Nolan to direct Craig, if he's still Bond when that time comes (as i'm sure Nolan eventually will direct a Bond movie).

Point i was making was that, Nolan aside, Fassbinder looks very Bond in this vid.

Although I probably would not have thought that someone looking like Craig would be a great 007 - I must say that Hardy does not look like James Bond to me at all.

While Craig has that tough, ruggard handsomeness, Hardy´s face looks too fleshy and too soft for my taste. Sure, he has bulked up for several roles - but that alone does not make a good Bond.

Fassbender fits into my image of Bond much better - but I guess he will look too old when Craig is leaving the role.  Fassbender will miss out on the role, just like Owen did.

I think you're right about Fassbinder, it'll be tragic to see him miss out (more so even than Owen, i think). But i want Craig as Bond for as long as he'll do it.

As for Hardy's 'fleshy face', i take your point, but i do believe that a man of his talents may convince even you he's Bond if given the chance. Maybe you could revaluate him once we've seen his Mad Max, since it'll be the first time he's played a heroic leading man. I imagine his talent and overwhelming presence will far outweigh the 'flesh'.

On a side note, Russell Crowe is an actor who could've pulled off the Bond with great aplomb and he too has a rather fleshy face.

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 03 August 2013 - 04:39 PM.