This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who do you want for Bond 7? * POLL ADDED*

4014 replies to this topic

Poll: In lieu of proper news, let's have an opinion...

Do you think Daniel Craig will return for BOND 25?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Now that's out of the way, do you WANT Daniel Craig to return as Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Suppose Daniel Craig will be back as 007, for how many films would you wish to see him back?

Should Daniel Craig not return as James Bond, would you want the current timeline continued?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1201 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Isn't he a bit too old?

By the time Craig leaves the role he'll be far too old.  With 4 year gaps between the films becoming a trend in the franchise (there's been 2 such gaps in the last decade and we could be facing another if the "within 3 years" quote turns out to be true), Lewis would be closing in on 50 by the time Craig leaves the role, assuming Craig does stick around for two more films.

#1202 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

True. I just thought in general Lewis could be an interesting Bond.

Then again, I would not mind at all to get a traditionally handsome, dark haired actor to be Bond again.

Personally, I don´t think Craig will stick around for so much longer, by the way. He will fulfill his contract of two more films at best. And then either he will say: enough - or audiences will.

#1203 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Personally, I don´t think Craig will stick around for so much longer, by the way. He will fulfill his contract of two more films at best. And then either he will say: enough - or audiences will.

I don't think he will either.  I would also be surprised if he ended up fulfilling his contract for the remaining two if they keep having these long delays between making the films.  

#1204 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Lewis would be an interesting alternative right now, and perhaps for another four, five years. He could be the extension of Craig-Bond's timeline and is quite an intriguing character in his own right. Still, won't happen.

#1205 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Fassbender looks a lot like Bond as drawn by Yaroslav Horak, especially in INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS.

Nah, Fassbender ain't Bond.

If he ain't too big with Superman by then, I'd go for Henry Cavil still.

And in recent interview he says he'd be up for it when Craig gives up Bond in 2016 after his 5th Bond.

I reckon.

#1206 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Richard Madden from Game of Thrones.

600full-richard-madden.jpg

#1207 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Richard Madden from Game of Thrones.

600full-richard-madden.jpg

Too delicate - in GoT i still don't but him as king and general however much they try to push it.

#1208 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

Well it was a suggestion, I'm not saying he's the best one for the role. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's already on Barbara and Michael's radar.  :D

#1209 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Well it was a suggestion, I'm not saying he's the best one for the role. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's already on Barbara and Michael's radar.  :D

No offence meant - it's a new name and we could do with a few more of those in this thread. Just not my cup of tea :)

#1210 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

No offence meant - it's a new name and we could do with a few more of those in this thread. Just not my cup of tea :)

no offence taken, mate. and I respect your opinion as a fellow Bond fan.  ;)

#1211 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Michael Shannon wants to be the next James Bondhttp://www.itn.co.uk...next-james-bond

#1212 Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Me too, I would want to be the next James Bond...

He's american, and I'm french !

#1213 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

I think Shannon is a fantastic actor, one of the best of his generation. But his looks actually remind me more of Richard Kiel.

And I hope EON will not go even further away from the traditional Bond look. 

#1214 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Michael Shannon wants to be the next James Bondhttp://www.itn.co.uk...next-james-bond

Shannon would never have sprung to mind as a Bond, though i'd thought he'd make a superb villain after watching him in Boardwalk Empire.

But, now you mention it he does bare some resemblance to McLusky's Bond, here:

McLusky007.jpg

So, as mad an idea as it seems, it may actually be mad-genius!!!

He'd certainly continue the gritty vein that Craig has established so well. And to be honest, there's no one else suggested who's interpretation of Bond i'd be more interested to see than the great Michael Shannon's.

That being said, Cavill has yet to take on a role that'll really test his acting chops (i.e has a great script/dialogue). Man Of Steel will only go some way to do that i imagine.

Btw, its by no means Bondian, but i recommend the movie Take Shelter - a really good script and direction and Shannon is mesmerising in the lead role.

#1215 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

thisissouthwales may 27 2013 http://www.thisissou...l#axzz2UVabJihu

Damian Lewis refused to be drawn on whether he will be the next James Bond. But the 42-year-old Golden Globe winner, hotly tipped to play 007, did reveal to the Post he would be working alongside Bond producer Barbara Broccoli this summer in Scotland, in a film entitled The Silent Storm.

When asked if he would play Bond, Lewis said: "If Daniel left his muscles behind!"

#1216 singleentendre

singleentendre

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

I still think Michael Fassbender is just perfect. He's got the look and is an insanely good actor who is appreciated in the film community. Yet, he hasn't chosen high-profile films so your average Joe has no idea who he is. He isn't too high profile like Christian Bale or Hugh Jackman.

The only issue I could see is his turning down the role in order to do more dramatic ones. Other than that, bring on Fassy.

#1217 Satorious

Satorious

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 470 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

I suspect this would officially rule out Cavill's Bond chances.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni54673315

Meanwhile as for who I'd like to see get the job - it is very simple: the best person. Would I have picked Craig based on his previous roles + appearance after DAD? Almost certainly not, but look how it's turned out! The best person is more than likely going to be a complete unknown who doesn't have the baggage that other high-profile candidates mentioned here do! We are probably due an unknown surprise - but I suspect the studio would prefer "a name"! ;)

#1218 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

Meanwhile as for who I'd like to see get the job - it is very simple: the best person. Would I have picked Craig based on his previous roles + appearance after DAD? Almost certainly not, but look how it's turned out! The best person is more than likely going to be a complete unknown who doesn't have the baggage that other high-profile candidates mentioned here do! We are probably due an unknown surprise - but I suspect the studio would prefer "a name"! ;)

Why would that rule him out?

#1219 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

I think that, if the assumption that they're trying to make THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. into a franchise is accurate, that having Cavill in both another spy franchise as well as being the lead in the new Superman franchise would rule him out for being Bond. 

#1220 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

I think that, if the assumption that they're trying to make THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. into a franchise is accurate, that having Cavill in both another spy franchise as well as being the lead in the new Superman franchise would rule him out for being Bond. 

I see, so because Cavill would be committed to a spy franchise in The Man From U.N.C.L.E, would rule him out of the James Bond franchise which also happens to be a spy franchise. Makes sense. Like how J.J. Abrams is already committed to the Star Trek sci-fi franchise, so he would be ruled out of directing the competing sci-fi franchise Star Wars. Oh wait...

#1221 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

I see, so because Cavill would be committed to a spy franchise in The Man From U.N.C.L.E, would rule him out of the James Bond franchise which also happens to be a spy franchise. Makes sense. Like how J.J. Abrams is already committed to the Star Trek sci-fi franchise, so he would be ruled out of directing the competing sci-fi franchise Star Wars. Oh wait...

Different circumstances.  Abrams isn't the face of the STAR TREK franchise.  We surely won't be seeing Chris Pine or Zachary Quinto in starring roles in STAR WARS VII, which would be a more fair comparison.

MAN OF STEEL alone is almost enough to disqualify Cavill from being Bond.  It's going to be a huge hit simply because it has Christopher Nolan's name on it, and regardless of how well he actually performs as Superman, he's going to become a major star by playing the part.  He'll be far too big for Bond after MAN OF STEEL, and even moreso after they release a sequel or two by the time Craig steps down from the role.  Add to that the fact that he'd be starring in a "rival" spy franchise (although how much UNCLE could rival Bond remains to be seen), and there's very little chance that Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson are going to bring somebody with that much baggage to the role.  They're almost certainly going to go for a similar approach to the last time, which would be to find a relative unknown actor who fits whatever direction they want to take the franchise in the post-Craig era.

#1222 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Different circumstances.  Abrams isn't the face of the STAR TREK franchise.  We surely won't be seeing Chris Pine or Zachary Quinto in starring roles in STAR WARS VII, which would be a more fair comparison.

MAN OF STEEL alone is almost enough to disqualify Cavill from being Bond.  It's going to be a huge hit simply because it has Christopher Nolan's name on it, and regardless of how well he actually performs as Superman, he's going to become a major star by playing the part.  He'll be far too big for Bond after MAN OF STEEL, and even moreso after they release a sequel or two by the time Craig steps down from the role.  Add to that the fact that he'd be starring in a "rival" spy franchise (although how much UNCLE could rival Bond remains to be seen), and there's very little chance that Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson are going to bring somebody with that much baggage to the role.  They're almost certainly going to go for a similar approach to the last time, which would be to find a relative unknown actor who fits whatever direction they want to take the franchise in the post-Craig era.

I agree. I suppose Bond 7 is out there right now in the same point in his career as Craig was in perhaps his late 20's or early 30's. Successful actor but still only a extra or feature in smaller roles.

#1223 Skylla

Skylla

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

I agree. I suppose Bond 7 is out there right now in the same point in his career as Craig was in perhaps his late 20's or early 30's. Successful actor but still only a extra or feature in smaller roles.

How about the old fashioned (Cubby) way and making The (new) Saint Adam Rayner Bond Nr.7 after the end of the show? :-)

#1224 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

Bernard Cribbins Interview SFX may 29 2013 http://www.sfx.co.uk...bins-interview/

Can you see yourself as an action hero?

“Yes, well, after being one in real life – during the war – it’s a piece of cake isn’t it?”

Would you like to have been James Bond?

“No, I’m not tall enough to be James Bond! No, no. James Bond, no. I wouldn’t have been right for James Bond. I would have been a good sidekick.”

For James Bond?

“Yes, for James Bond, certainly. He needs a sidekick every now and again.”

He has a lot of female, erm, sidekicks…

“Yes, I know, but I’m not going to dress up and put a wig on.”

#1225 Hansen

Hansen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

What about this young guy ?

Some few years and he will be perfect. :D

seancon.jpg

#1226 Hansen

Hansen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Honestly (and seriously), I would rather go with an older Bond. Mature and experienced enough to not give a sh... and enjoying a good drink, a smoke and a good f...

#1227 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Matt Smith? he leaving Dr. Who at the end of the year......I think 3 or 4 years later he could fit the role and would be about 35/36 range 

#1228 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Matt Smith? he leaving Dr. Who at the end of the year......I think 3 or 4 years later he could fit the role and would be about 35/36 range

I can't really imagine what sort of Bond he would portray, plus I haven't been particularly won over by his acting.

#1229 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

Matthew Rhys has revealed he almost auditioned to play James Bond http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-22796215

#1230 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

So did my dad.

True Story.