621 replies to this topic

#481 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:21 PM

some of you guys are saying that maybe the imdb got greene survives from the script or the original draft of it anyway...didn't the imdb guy claim to actually SEE the film?

He got some things exactly right however as Harms has pionted out somethings seem inacuarte so i dunno.

#482 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

some of you guys are saying that maybe the imdb got greene survives from the script or the original draft of it anyway...didn't the imdb guy claim to actually SEE the film?

He did indeed claim to have seen the film, rather than read a script or so forth.

#483 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:18 PM

see below....

Edited by Kristian, 11 October 2008 - 08:27 PM.

#484 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:18 PM

He did indeed claim to have seen the film, rather than read a script or so forth.

I think there are far too many indicators out there that support Camille's surviving the film. I think YOLT twice is full of $h!t and cobbled his "REVIEW" from myriad existing sources to create a piece that is 80% solid and 20% Bull-Crap. I wish attention whores like this guy would go back to their basements and stick their noses back in their never-to-see-the-light-of-day Fan Fiction.

Also, the idiot YOLT alleges that after WHite taunts Bond in the opening with the WE HAVE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE schtick, M surprises everyone by clearing the room and having Bond smack White around at will. However the 10 and 20 minute previews in the Ukraine and elsewhere clearly show that after White says WE HAVE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE, he turns
Spoiler

This is confirmed, I believe. And it contradicts YOLT's bullcrap. Add this to the discrepancies about Elvis and Camille, and I think what we have here is a frustrated fan boy that needs to get a girlfriend (one that is not inflatable) to help him achieve orgasms that are not self-induced.

Go Camille!!! YOLT, go f#$k yourselt and plant fake reviews in the TRANSFORMERS 2 board on IMDB.

Edited by Kristian, 11 October 2008 - 08:25 PM.

#485 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

Which makes me wonder what is acurate and what isn't most niotably the Mathis "quatnum" story and Bond quiting at the end.

I think there are far too many indicators out there that support Camille's surviving the film. I think YOLT twice is full of :( and cobbled his "REVIEW" from myriad existing sources to create a piece that is 80% solid but 20% Bullcrap. I wish attention whores like this guy would go back to their basements and stick their noses back in their fan fiction.

Go Camille!!!

#486 ForMathis

ForMathis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

I think there are far too many indicators out there that support Camille's surviving the film. I think YOLT twice is full of $h!t and cobbled his "REVIEW" from myriad existing sources to create a piece that is 80% solid and 20% Bull-Crap. I wish attention whores like this guy would go back to their basements and stick their noses back in their never-to-see-the-light-of-day Fan Fiction.

Also, the idiot YOLT alleges that after WHite taunts Bond in the opening with the WE HAVE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE schtick, M surprises everyone by clearing the room and having Bond smack White around at will. However the 10 and 20 minute previews in the Ukraine and elsewhere clearly show that after White says WE HAVE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE, he turns
Spoiler

This is confirmed, I believe. And it contradicts YOLT's bullcrap. Add this to the discrepancies about Elvis and Camille, and I think what we have here is a frustrated fan boy that needs to get a girlfriend (one that is not inflatable) to help him achieve orgasms that are not self-induced.

Go Camille!!! YOLT, go f#$k yourselt and plant fake reviews in the TRANSFORMERS 2 board on IMDB.

If his review turns out to be real you better make a formal apology then :( yourself. Deal?

#487 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

Spoiler

If his review turns out to be real you better make a formal apology then :( yourself. Deal?

1. No to the apology.
2. No to the :)ing myself.
3. No to the deal.
4. If you're YOLT or know him/her personally, tell him/her to get an education. He/she writes like crap. Kids in the third grade write better than the way that review was written.

Clear enough? Good.

Edited by Kristian, 11 October 2008 - 08:35 PM.

#488 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:41 PM

Spoiler

1. No to the apology.
3. No to the deal.
4. If you're YOLT or know him/her personally, tell him/her to get an education. He/she writes like crap. Kids in the third grade write better than the way that review was written.

Clear enough? Good.

How did he get stuff right long before we knew them. Saying that there was no Bond James bond or Martini Shaken not stirred about 2 weeks before the news came out is substasntial.

the only real doubt is how IMDB treats Elvis and Mathis not Camilie. She could easily still die at the end.

#489 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

Spoiler

1. No to the apology.
3. No to the deal.

Clear enough? Good.

How did he get stuff right long before we knew them. Saying that there was no Bond James bond or Martini Shaken not stirred about 2 weeks before the news came out is substasntial.

the only real doubt is how IMDB treats Elvis and Mathis not Camilie. She could easily still die at the end.

And the opening? Does M truly allow Bond to rough White up?

#490 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:04 PM

Spoiler

1. No to the apology.
3. No to the deal.

Clear enough? Good.

And the opening? Does M truly allow Bond to rough White up?

Have u seen the trailer Mr white doesn't look like he's having a sunday picnic with Bond and M.

Mr white looks beat up in the shots we've seen.

#491 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

Possibly due to the fact he whacked his face numerous times, whilst being knocked around in that bloody boot. :(

#492 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

YOLT got something early draft of the script or the script itself or he's EXTREMLY lucky thus far.

I liked what i read (despite the errors in grammer and spelling which I have from time to time as well partially fue to I'm lazy and partially due to these posts aren't getting graded hence I can be laxed these posts become a part of my history class then i'll start paying more attention lol)

So to put it in the most diplomatic way If the Real Quantum of Solace is as good or better than the "review" i'm happy

If the review is indeed a review and 100% legit I'm still happy

If the review is complete garbage except for what we already know and the film is still amazing then once again I'm happy.

I just like the review cause it left me wanting more I should hope if Krysten is correct if a 12 year old kid who is screaming for attention can give me and end that makes me say "I want bond 23 to come out tommorow" certanitly the writers producers director and Daniel Craig can do the same if not better.

#493 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

YOLT got something early draft of the script or the script itself or he's EXTREMLY lucky thus far.

If we're saying that YOLT definitely didn't see the movie, then I expect he simply got lucky. If he really had an early draft of the script, I think he would have said that rather than claimed to have seen the movie.

#494 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

Does it really matter that much in the greater scheme of things if it turns out to be fake, or not? If nothing else, it's given us something to chew over for a while.

We'll all know how the story actually unfolds in a few short weeks anyway.

#495 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

Before that. I would say.

We will have a brief outline once the reviews start pouring in, which will be any day now.

#496 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

I completely agree RD.

The review has prompted 17 pages of discussion so far regardless of whether it is entirely correct. It's come down to a matter of small details we're unsure about really. We know for a fact that about 90% of the review is correct anyway. And as you say, all will be revealed in just under 3 weeks!

#497 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

Personally, It's tough titties if the review turns out to be fake. Like you've said, it's kept us entertained for months.

I'm gonna thank yolt eitherway, legit or not. :(

#498 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

Does it really matter that much in the greater scheme of things if it turns out to be fake, or not? If nothing else, it's given us something to chew over for a while.

Truly. At any rate, I personally don't find another "Bond-Resigns" ending that compelling. It just seems lazy and redundant and tired. Unless, of course, they manage to do something special with the writing and execution. I just think that there are better ways for EON to stoke interest in Bond 23 besides having Bond throw in the towel. Yes, he didn't actually resign in CR - but it was brought up and as a result seems anticlimactic if it were to occur in QOS. Again, this is just me. I respect everyone's genuine (and not fabricated)opinion. I just think that having Bond resign portrays him as a "Drama Queen" who can't hack it. Plus, I thought that the story arc was supposed to end with this film. If so, why the hell do we potentially have Greene survive? Why have Bond walk away. I thought the whole point of these two films was to show how he became the Cold-blooded agent he is now. I didn't realize it was to portray him as namby-pamby boo-hoo pussy who can't take the heat and therefore has to vacate the kitchen. Can we please tie off this whole damn Vesper Soap Opera and get on with the series?

I kind of also suspect that they have Bond resign in another attempt to echo Jason Bourne and his trilogy - you know, showing an agent who is wrestling with his humanity. That's all fine and good - but the producers really need to quit taking a page from the Bourne sagas and really start thinking on their own. There's a difference between trying to make the Bond series more gritty and real, and actively ripping off another trilogy. I want the Bond series to have its own identity and not playing follow the leader with the Bourne movies.

I'm just saying....

Edited by Kristian, 11 October 2008 - 09:38 PM.

#499 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

Personally, It's tough titties if the review turns out to be fake. Like you've said, it's kept us entertained for months.

As will I.

BTW i'm Danny :D (u can use my real name it's ok :))

what facinates me is that 90% is true yet the 2 bits i wanna know if they are true (does bond quit and does Mathis after ordering a vesper say "your upset cause you lost your Qauntum of Solace") I don't

though if both are true they will definitly be stand out scenes.

though to be fair I've not read/ heard antything i didn't like even the theme song has grown on me to a point where i won't wish i had ear plugs or a fast foward button :)

Quantum of solace is turning out to be an action packed thrill ride that has as much emotion and plot as it does action.

and I'm already devloping questions on it's sequel with out having seen it ;)

November 14th can't come fast enough i wanna see this film. I haven't been this excited since 2006.

oh and for Krysten

If it doesn't end with Bond Quitting I'd be fine with dialogue like this

"You got Yusef do u finnaly have Solace" M

"No. I never will so long as there are men out there who will manipulate the innocence" Bond

ok something a tade less melodramatic and stupid but u get my point.

Edited by Quantumofsolace007, 11 October 2008 - 09:47 PM.

#500 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

As will I.

what facinates me is that 90% is true yet the 2 bits i wanna know if they are true (does bond quit and does Mathis after ordering a vesper say "your upset cause you lost your Qauntum of Solace") I don't

though to be fair I've not read/ heard antything i didn't like even the theme song has grown on me to a point where i won't wish i had ear plugs or a fast foward button :)

Quantum of solace is turning out to be an action packed thrill ride that has as much emotion and plot as it does action.

November 14th can't come fast enough i wanna see this film. I haven't been this excited since 2006.

oh and for Krysten

"No. I never will so long as there are men out there who will manipulate the innocence" Bond

Q, I actually like some of those lines. Not stupid or melodramatic. You could probably write a better ending than what exists now. Forgive my feistiness (I need coffee). I guess my biggest gripe IS I REALLY DON'T WANT CAMILLE TO DIE. She is shaping up to be a really cool heroine who is not easily pegged. I would like her to get HER solace. I think I would almost be fine with YOLT if it we weren't potentially faced with another OPEN SEASON ON THE BOND GIRLS movie.

By the way, I read in the EMPIRE article that Marc Forster read Purvis and Wade's first draft and demanded a complete rewrite. Ten bucks says that draft had the following:

1. "Bond, James Bond."

2. "Shaken, not stirred."

3. Lots of cheesy one-liners.

4. Innuendo concerning Agent Fields' name - like "Bond is in the Fields right now" or "Sorry, M, but I'm busy plowing some Fields" or "I'm gonna plant my seeds in your fields, Fields" or some bullcrap like that.

5. Camille riding Bond within an inch of his life while eating a Fig. ("Vesper who?")

6. A stupid final shot of Bond and Camille and - who knows? - Fields lying together in the desert, making out together, waiting for the END CREDITS TO ROLL.

7. A villain with a stupid quirk like - oh, I don't know - nostrils-with-teeth or titanium testicles - or some silly crap like that.

I'm all for a unique Bond formula, but no more Purvis and Wade flights-of-fancy. I would credit them with creating the glorious Elektra King, but I have to wonder how much Dana Stevens' and Bruce Feirstein's rewrites helped shape the character. Paul Haggis was probably instructed to bring some doom-and-gloom the whole affair. Which was probably a good thing.

Edited by Kristian, 11 October 2008 - 10:08 PM.

#501 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

I did like the bit about the Mathis scene from YOLT's review, and both would certainly be nice touches. I'm content at the moment with the knowledge that the soundtrack listing certainly suggests that there is a conversation that takes place between Mathis and Bond on the flight to Bolivia. I'm looking forward to that a great deal.

#502 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:56 AM

As will I.

oh and for Krysten

Q, I actually like some of those lines. Not stupid or melodramatic. You could probably write a better ending than what exists now. Forgive my feistiness (I need coffee). I guess my biggest gripe IS I REALLY DON'T WANT CAMILLE TO DIE. She is shaping up to be a really cool heroine who is not easily pegged. I would like her to get HER solace. I think I would almost be fine with YOLT if it we weren't potentially faced with another OPEN SEASON ON THE BOND GIRLS movie.

By the way, I read in the EMPIRE article that Marc Forster read Purvis and Wade's first draft and demanded a complete rewrite. Ten bucks says that draft had the following:

1. "Bond, James Bond."

2. "Shaken, not stirred."

3. Lots of cheesy one-liners.

4. Innuendo concerning Agent Fields' name - like "Bond is in the Fields right now" or "Sorry, M, but I'm busy plowing some Fields" or "I'm gonna plant my seeds in your fields, Fields" or some bullcrap like that.

5. Camille riding Bond within an inch of his life while eating a Fig. ("Vesper who?")

6. A stupid final shot of Bond and Camille and - who knows? - Fields lying together in the desert, making out together, waiting for the END CREDITS TO ROLL.

7. A villain with a stupid quirk like - oh, I don't know - nostrils-with-teeth or titanium testicles - or some silly crap like that.

I'm all for a unique Bond formula, but no more Purvis and Wade flights-of-fancy. I would credit them with creating the glorious Elektra King, but I have to wonder how much Dana Stevens' and Bruce Feirstein's rewrites helped shape the character. Paul Haggis was probably instructed to bring some doom-and-gloom the whole affair. Which was probably a good thing.

Purvise and wade (no matter how many thing wrong they got) did at least say and do one thing right Casino Royale. they said "if your going to do a bond film based on a fleming novel the smartest thing to do is make it as close to the novel as possible."

I appreciate the kind words and the agreement Vauxhall

Basically I want an ending that makes me wish bond 23 was coming out tommorow. I'm Pumped for the third Nolan abtman film and that isn't coming out till 2011. I want the same feeling for bond 23.

Now what we know is the last orchetral track on the soundtrack is called "i never Left"

we know the last shot is Bond and M talking in the snow and Bond walking away.

what does all this mean

A) Bond leaves the service and Bond 23 is exciting because i have no clue what bond will do in the next one but i can't wait to find out

:) an angry bitter 007 stays on with the service citing "I nver left and i'll never leave do long as there are men out their willing to manipulate the innocence" (Vesper and Camilie) which would still be amazing and make me quite happy because i know Bond will go after more members of Quantum

the week after dark knight was released there dozens of fan trailers for "batman 3" i'd like the same for bond why because It's always fun seeing an amazing film that is so good you can't wait for the next one.

I'm happy with erither ending (i'm leanig towards A but will accept :) either way i want an ending that is well amzing.

I can't wait.

Danny

P.S. you can call me Danny calling me Q is well a nice compliment since i work with computers on a regualr basis but i assure u Q's abillities exceed my own.

#503 ForMathis

ForMathis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:19 AM

Spoiler

1. No to the apology.
3. No to the deal.

Clear enough? Good.

No

It's just I saw a similar thing happen with the dark knight when it got an early review. Tons of ignorant posters telling the reviewer to "eat :)" and ";) himself", then the review turned out to be real and people all just kind of denied doubting it.

I'm not saying yolt's review is real but there is no reason to be such an :D. And this constant grammar-nazi bull[censored] on this site has got to stop. Your spelling does not make you superior.

Clear enough?

#504 timmyv123

timmyv123

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:28 AM

my gdness, cut it out!! Any ideas when a proper legit spoilerfree review will be posted?

#505 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

I would be happy if we could leave this kind of awful melodramatic, chick-style, to the Batman-films.

#506 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

I would be happy if we could leave this kind of awful melodramatic, chick-style, to the Batman-films.

thanks for not being so harsh :(

Sorry Wint there are only 2 posssiblities Bond Quits at the end or Bond stays on to kill more of quantum.

why do i say this

Fact the last track is titled "I never left"

Fact the last shots are in Moscow

Fact Bond and M talk in moscow.

you combine those 3 facts u can see how thing happen.

Which I like i don't want a "oh james" kind of ending maybe for bond 24 but not for this one or the next one.

#507 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

Spoiler

1. No to the apology.
3. No to the deal.

Clear enough? Good.

No

It's just I saw a similar thing happen with the dark knight when it got an early review. Tons of ignorant posters telling the reviewer to "eat :)" and ";) himself", then the review turned out to be real and people all just kind of denied doubting it.

I'm not saying yolt's review is real but there is no reason to be such an :D. And this constant grammar-nazi bull[censored] on this site has got to stop. Your spelling does not make you superior.

Clear enough?

No, not really. You mumbled too much. Try again.

And, actually, being able to spell - or making the effort to - does automatically give one a leg up on someone who can't - or at least someone who can't be bothered. God is in the details.

And, for the record, those diatribes were directed towards YOLT and his post on IMDB, not to any of my fellow CBNers. Let's be clear. Anyone who is going to post what he/she claims to be an early review for a much-anticipated film like QOS and TDK is going to have to expect some heated responses and passion. Sharing such info is kind of like running for public office - you better prepare not only for the adoration, but also the vitriol and disbelief. Goes with the territory. My advice to anyone doing this is to grow thicker skin.

Have a nice day, Mr. Sensitive....

Edited by Kristian, 12 October 2008 - 03:19 PM.

#508 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

Spoiler

1. No to the apology.
3. No to the deal.

Clear enough? Good.

No

Clear enough?

And, actually, being able to spell - or making the effort to - does automatically give one a leg up on someone who can't - or at least someone who can't be bothered. God is in the details.

And, for the record, those diatribes were directed towards YOLT and his post on IMDB, not to any of my fellow CBNers. Let's be clear. Anyone who is going to post what he/she claims to be an early review for a much-anticipated film like QOS and TDK is going to have to expect some heated responses and passion. Sharing such info is kind of like running for public office - you better prepare not only for the adoration, but also the vitriol and disbelief. Goes with the territory. My advice to anyone doing this is to grow thicker skin.

Plus debating and arguing over what is true and what is not is part of the fun Just like next summer (when we hopefully get a penciled in released date of bond 23) we'll be pouring over each rumour discusing titles debating what would work what won't

#509 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

Spoiler

1. No to the apology.
3. No to the deal.

Clear enough? Good.

No

Clear enough?

Plus debating and arguing over what is true and what is not is part of the fun Just like next summer (when we hopefully get a penciled in released date of bond 23) we'll be pouring over each rumour discusing titles debating what would work what won't

I like you, Q... You seem like a smart kid. Danny, is it? You're so right about the fun of debating. Sorry if I came across as, well, a bitch earlier. Just don't want my girl Cammie to die. But if she does.... oh,well. I have a feeling that I will have Mr. Forster to thank for that. Ten bucks says she certainly survived in Purvis and Wade's draft. I wouldn't be surprised if Marky Marc was like, "No, the bitch has to die in this one, too."

I just hope Marc Forster is not hellbent on duplicating CR's ending for QOS. That can go both ways. It's not enough that he imitates the tone of CR - he needs to add to it, as well. Otherwise, he's just a show monkey going through the motions. Plus all this blather about "making my own Bond" and yada-yada-yada.... Well, we know who to blame if the ending blows...

Still, I like what I've seen so far. Now let's all form a prayer circle and wish for Camille's safety...

Edited by Kristian, 12 October 2008 - 04:45 PM.

#510 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

I honestly agree but wanna go one step further.

I want a main bond girl to survive and come BACK ina future bond film as an ally (and perhaps lover) of bond. She wouldn't have to be the main girl persay in the second one but it would be nice to see a Bond girl in 2 films.

Perhaps is not Camilie then Gala Brand ( i have an idea that her first film end well like moonraker she leaves and then something causes the 2 of them to reunite in a second film both times i feel they should end up under the covers .....posibly if not both at least one of the two times)

Thanks Kristen is it :(

I try to be smart and it's ok you didn't seem rude to me I'm thankfull you like my medocare attempt to come up with an ending based on what we know.

In all honesty I just hope Quantum ends with an amazing scene that get me (and hopefully you) pumped for bond 23 and i'd like to be able to predict the title for bond 23 I figured Bond 22 was going to be titled Quantum of solace after seeing Casino Royale. Let's see if lighting can strike twice.