180 replies to this topic

#91 Jackanaples

Jackanaples

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:03 AM

Okay this is just getting stupid. Talk shows regularly put their biggest guests on later in the program in order to lure in viewers at the start of the show and get higher ratings from audience members waiting to see the big name announced.

DUH.

#92 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:04 AM

I also noticed the "Uh huh" Craig gave when Letterman showed the Dalton pic. Interesting...

#93 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:06 AM

I recorded this interview... but I have no clue on how to get it on YouTube or anything like that.

Hope you find a way to YOUTUBE IT for us, outside US 'n other countries which won't be able to watch it.

xxx

Edited by Marketto007, 11 November 2006 - 06:07 AM.

#94 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:08 AM

lol sorry but i have absolutely NO FREAKIN clue how to get it on the web

I'm welcome to try though.

#95 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:10 AM

lol sorry but i have absolutely NO FREAKIN clue how to get it on the web

I'm welcome to try though.

Neighter I. :P

But I'm sure you'll find a way. Here we have A LOT of 'grishenkos', that knows a lot about this kind a thing. :)

xxx

#96 Eye Of The Tiger

Eye Of The Tiger

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:13 AM

I'm certainly not claiming that they were booing or hissing, but they certainly weren't that excited either.

We all know what you're claiming. Your views on Craig and CR are very evident around these parts. My question is why did you wait till you had something negative to say to make your return here?

Honestly, the reason I haven't been posting on here for quite a while is because this site has such a bias that if you make regular posts on here and you don't worship Daniel Craig and the Bond-reboot you will be bullied by all of the pro-Craig members.

I'm not part of DCINB, but they are right about how this site has a ridiculous bias that makes it hard to take serious anymore.

I don't intend to be posting on here much either way. Whether or not CR is a huge hit or a flop I'm not planing on posting on here on a regular basis. Which I'm sure will make most of you happy anyway!

#97 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:13 AM

oh alrighty then!

#98 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:18 AM

Honestly, the reason I haven't been posting on here for quite a while is because this site has such a bias that if you make regular posts on here and you don't worship Daniel Craig and the Bond-reboot you will be bullied by all of the pro-Craig members.

I post here an over at AJB007 (I was away for a long while, but just started posting there again), and from my view, it's all the same. Neither sight has a bias either way, one site (this one) just happens to have more people who are looking forward to CR, that's all.

#99 Eye Of The Tiger

Eye Of The Tiger

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:21 AM

I post here an over at AJB007 (I was away for a long while, but just started posting there again), and from my view, it's all the same. Neither sight has a bias either way, one site (this one) just happens to have more people who are looking forward to CR, that's all.

Fair enough.

I honestly didn't intend to come over here and start any arguments.
Many of you are excited about CR and I'm not although I wish I could be.

I just wanted to give you an honest answer to your question.

Peace!

#100 DanFan2

DanFan2

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:52 AM

Agreed about the audience reaction, but i blame much of that on Letterman himself, who sort of tossed a wet blanket on the proceedings........

I was in the audience during the taping. Although I suspect that many in the audience weren't familiar with Craig's work, we gave him a warm welcome and a very big applause after his interview when he got up from his seat and waved to the crowd. The reason why not much about Bond was mentioned during the broadcast was that the show EDITED OUT most of the Bond discussion. :) After Letterman asked Craig if he wanted to be James Bond and if that was anything he cared about, the show removed most of Craig's response from the broadcast. I wish that I could remember everything he said, but I can't. I do recall him saying that, as a kid, he wanted to play lots of characters--like Spider-Man and James Bond. However, he talked a lot more about how James Bond wasn't really the direction he had planned for his acting career. By the way, when the monkey gag clip started rolling, Craig let out a big laugh--he was quite amused by it. During the CR clip, Craig and Letterman chatted with each other, although we couldn't hear what they were saying. My guess is that Craig was asking him who the guy was in the photo that Letterman held up after Pierce's photo (Alex Trebek). :P

Edited by DanFan2, 11 November 2006 - 07:08 AM.

#101 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:59 AM

It is a shame they edited out the Bond stuff is that is what he was there to promote plus what we are all interested in most.

But thanks for letting us know those extra details about the interview.

Oh and I just remembered Letterman went through the photos of past Bond actors when Brosnan was on last.

Edited by Mr Teddy Bear, 11 November 2006 - 07:01 AM.

#102 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:08 AM

I'm not part of DCINB, but they are right about how this site has a ridiculous bias that makes it hard to take serious anymore.

Indeed, how dare Bond fans look forward to the new Bond movie and new Bond actor. What are they, fans or something?

#103 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:29 AM

Agreed about the audience reaction, but i blame much of that on Letterman himself, who sort of tossed a wet blanket on the proceedings........

I was in the audience during the taping. Although I suspect that many in the audience weren't familiar with Craig's work, we gave him a warm welcome and a very big applause after his interview when he got up from his seat and waved to the crowd. The reason why not much about Bond was mentioned during the broadcast was that the show EDITED OUT most of the Bond discussion. :) After Letterman asked Craig if he wanted to be James Bond and if that was anything he cared about, the show removed most of Craig's response from the broadcast. I wish that I could remember everything he said, but I can't. I do recall him saying that, as a kid, he wanted to play lots of characters--like Spider-Man and James Bond. However, he talked a lot more about how James Bond wasn't really the direction he had planned for his acting career. By the way, when the monkey gag clip started rolling, Craig let out a big laugh--he was quite amused by it. During the CR clip, Craig and Letterman chatted with each other, although we couldn't hear what they were saying. My guess is that Craig was asking him who the guy was in the photo that Letterman held up after Pierce's photo (Alex Trebek). :P

This honestly makes sense. When Dave asked him about being Bond I thought they bleeped out something Craig said - like muted the sound instead of actually bleeping - turns out they cut his response. I just kind of thought that he said a cuss word or something which is typical of him. Makes sense now though. Thought it was weird.

#104 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:27 AM

This honestly makes sense. When Dave asked him about being Bond I thought they bleeped out something Craig said - like muted the sound instead of actually bleeping - turns out they cut his response. I just kind of thought that he said a cuss word or something which is typical of him. Makes sense now though. Thought it was weird.

The woman on before him said the big F and got bleeped. I kind of see the strategy now (if there is any)...Craig looked refined and gentlemanly, following on from her :)
Anyway the interview seemed fine to me, yeah he asked a few questions about Road to Perdition, no big deal. The fake clip and Trebek routines were duds (Can someone explain to me what the hilarity is in inserting a photo of Alex Trebek in with all the Bonds?) but Craig gave a decent interview. I hate to say it, but his Regis & Kelly appearance will probably be a better venue for 'get to know Daniel Craig' type chatting. :P

#105 Jackanaples

Jackanaples

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:37 AM

Just watched it. Got the feeling that Dave's not much of a Bond fan, especially if he's reusing tired jokes that he used with Brosnan. The important thing though, was the clip of the stairwell fight. THAT looks nothing less than amazing.

#106 Bill

Bill

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:38 AM

Thanks Danfan for the real details of the interview.

Judging by what we saw on screen, it was one of the worst interviews I have ever seen with a Bond actor on either Letterman or Leno. Don't mistake me here--it was not Daniel Craig's fault. He did fine, if a little nervous.

However, how the hell was he allowed to appear on the show dressed like that? The upper part looked fine (although there was no reason to loosen the tie), as he looked very Conneryesque(Goldfinger comes to mind). But jeans with that? WTF? Most people do dress casually when not working, myself included, but if you are going to go on a major talk show with very little other chances, at least try to look the part of 007--100 %, not 50 %. After all, the talk show appearances are part of the "job" of playing James Bond.

Compare this appearance to Pierce Brosnan's first time on Letterman when Dave went to England back in May of 1995 (I think it was on Pierce's birthday). He made the best entrance of any Bond actor I have ever seen on a talk show, with the Bond theme playing at full blast, and Pierce strutting onto the stage in his full Brioni suit, sipping martinis offered by three beautiful, elegantly dressed women. A pure Bondian moment, and never equalled in any of his subsequent appearances on Letterman. Perhaps a more heartwarming moment was when he and Desmond Llewelyn were on Leno appearing for, I believe, TND. It was terrific to see Desmond take some of the spotlight, and Pierce was very gracious.

I don't mean to nitpick about the suit, as after GE I do not think Pierce wore one every time he was on the show, and had a more casual look. But for many this was Daniel Craig's first impression on a lot of people. All he had to do was wear the same suit he wore on the Today Show the other day. From what I remember, I do not remember Roger Moore ever appearing on any talk show dressed in anything but a suit. He set the example which all of his successors should be following.

As for the monkey clip, it was funny. Now Letterman may have cleared it with Daniel, but I do not think that showing all of his predecessors was in good taste. He may have done it with Brosnan before, but I do not think it was his first Bond film. Also, I do not think that having him as second guest was helpful, either, whether it was Daniel's choice or not. Indeed, it was insulting to the Bond franchise to do so.

Bill

#107 arturtle

arturtle

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 09:48 AM

who wants it on youtube?I managed to record it :)

#108 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:00 AM

Oh most definately arturtle.

#109 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:01 AM

I second the youtube notion.

#110 MystikTK

MystikTK

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:12 AM

I've yet to see the interview, but despite Letterman's antics, DC semmed to be as humble as always. :)

Perhaps a more heartwarming moment was when he and Desmond Llewelyn were on Leno appearing for, I believe, TND. It was terrific to see Desmond take some of the spotlight, and Pierce was very gracious.

I've still yet to see that. I don't suppose that show is anywhere on the net? YouTube, perhaps?

Anybody catch the two interviews with Bill O'Reilly? Shows what a moron that Lettermen really is.

You're joking, right? Those are two of the only worthwhile interviews he's done in years. Then again, any time I see a virus like O'Reilly emasculated for all the world to see (and watched over and over again by millions of people over the next year), I'm biased to give extra points. :P

Edited by MystikTK, 11 November 2006 - 11:14 AM.

#111 arturtle

arturtle

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:28 AM

here you go ...

enjoy!

#112 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:44 AM

Cheers.

#113 MystikTK

MystikTK

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:55 AM

Cheers, indeed. Thanks for that, arturtle. I'm liking DC more and more each day. :)

#114 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:57 AM

Thanks a lot arturtle!

#115 CM007

CM007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:42 PM

I really enjoyed the interview.The Monkey Gag was very Funny.I loved the 2 pics of Dalton and Brosnan as Bond although why did he show that pic of Connery in NSNA...I do think the DC should

#116 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:49 PM

I don't see the big deal. The band played the 67 CR theme (created by Bacharach, perfect for a band to play), but were they meant to do You Know My Name with Paul screeching out the lyrics?

#117 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:09 PM

I can never understand this show. Why are they applauding his weak jokes? Laughter, okay, but applause?!(the same weird reaction, and Jon Stewart's playing up to the inane whooping, renders me incapable of sitting the Daily Show also) Why doesn't he appear to pay his guests any attention? It's utterly inhuman; just a sort of conveyor belt of guests for Letterman to reheat his old gags past without listening to anything they say or trying to engage them in conversation.

#118 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:25 PM

Great intro to the stairwell fight. Bond kissing, and that dark music.

#119 Bureau Of Weapons

Bureau Of Weapons

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:26 PM

Compare this appearance to Pierce Brosnan's first time on Letterman when Dave went to England back in May of 1995 (I think it was on Pierce's birthday). He made the best entrance of any Bond actor I have ever seen on a talk show, with the Bond theme playing at full blast, and Pierce strutting onto the stage in his full Brioni suit, sipping martinis offered by three beautiful, elegantly dressed women.

I couldn't think of anything more tacky. That just wouldn't be Craig's thing at all. He doesn't strike me as showbiz grandstander.

#120 kneelbeforezod

kneelbeforezod

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1131 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:40 PM

I think some people are being a bit oversensitive, the interview was fine. Nothing special maybe, but certainly nothing to be worried about. And the clip was terrific.