This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Adrian Paul - yes or no?

325 replies to this topic

Poll: Adrian Paul as James Bond?

Adrian Paul as James Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#211 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:09 PM

Here is a suit detective type Bond pic.....

I did post a couple more on this thread already some where.....

Posted Image

#212 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:14 PM

im guessing he still had long hair in that pic?

#213 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:49 PM

It looks like he might have but he also wears it short that way.

Not sure about the date on that picture....

Lady M

#214 Adrian Carlisle

Adrian Carlisle

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:57 PM

This is a pic from Tracker, probably 2001: Posted Image

#215 Alex Zamudio

Alex Zamudio

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:33 AM

I knew it wasn`t just me that though he looked amazingly like Sean Connery!

I vote YES not because of this factor, but because he looks quite the part, he can be very menacing and charming at the same time, he could do very well!
But of course it would have to be for Bond 21 in 2005 or just forget it!! but I think Brosnan will return (and that`s cool) so all this is very unlikely...

Regards.

Edited by Alex Zamudio, 05 July 2004 - 03:59 AM.

#216 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 05:27 PM

:) Hey where did everyone go....??

:) hmmmmmmmmmmmm?? Agent 76 have you changed your mind....
I can't believe it do my eyes deceive me? :)

#217 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:03 PM

:) Hey where did everyone go....??

:) hmmmmmmmmmmmm?? Agent 76 have you changed your mind....
I can't believe it do my eyes deceive me? :)

I didn't change my mind Lady M , but seems unprobable that Paul will be chosen as James Bond . :)

Think Hugh Jackman will be Bond in 2006. :)

#218 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

Here is a suit detective type Bond pic.....

I did post a couple more on this thread already some where.....

Posted Image

The hair and face expressions just don't do it for me as Bond. He looks rather odd in that pic.

#219 Moomoo

Moomoo

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:51 PM

Adrian Paul looks too Mediterranean-looking to be Bond. I know he's English but he lacks the urbane 'English gentleman' look one associates with Bond. He just doesn't look like Bond to me.

Plus, some people have questioned his acting ability. If he isn't a decent actor, he shouldn't be considered for Bond. You don't have to be a RADA trained actor to play Bond, but if Paul's acting ability is already being called into question, why would he be any better playing Bond? So I have to say no to Adrian Paul.

The new Bond actor should be about 30-ish, with a more refined gentleman look, preferably unknown. It's looking more and more unlikely there is no ideal candidate but one can hope he is out there, waiting to be discovered.

Moomoo

#220 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:12 AM

The new Bond actor should be about 30-ish, with a more refined gentleman look, preferably unknown. It's looking more and more unlikely there is no ideal candidate but one can hope he is out there, waiting to be discovered.

Moomoo

I'm confused now. You said that Jackman signed for Bond , and now you say that a candidate is out there waiting to be discovered? you were so certain and now you look opaque! :) :)

#221 Moomoo

Moomoo

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:39 AM

No, I stand by my old comments. Based on what I was told, Jackman is signed up as Bond. Deal done and dusted - Brosnan out - Bond 21 scheduled for summer 2006. But given a choice, I'd rather EON look for some unknown 'English model/wannabe future Bond' and see if he's more suited to the role.

In a nutshell: I don't mind Jackman as Bond; I'm sure he'll make a decent 007, but he wouldn't be my first choice for the role. I was told he was signed up for the role and I've reason to believe the source was legitimate, but he wouldn't be my ideal choice. That's just my personal opinion and people are more than welcome to disagree. I'm just a fan like everyone else here. We have little or no influence over the casting of the new Bond. But putting personal preference to one side, if Jackman does become the new Bond, and that looks extremely likely, I'll wish him the best of luck. I'm sure he'll be a decent Bond.

Moomoo

#222 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:20 PM

Well, I think that it depends on your outlook.....no one had any problem at all accepting Adrian Paul as a Scot on Highlander, and as for Mediterrnean....somehow I don't think the public will have any problems with his features at all.

If they did the Parade Magazine would not have found an overwhelming response by them. He looks so much like Sean Connery to so many people and some say that Sean was the best Bond ever, as for acting Adrian Paul is a very versatile actor. I've seen the man portray emotion one moment and then a mature confindent and even sometimes errogant the next.

Unfortunately I feel he is being misjudged because maybe he is not as well known as Jackman, but I can vouch that he has a following like none other I know....not to mention the actor himself is a hands on actor, and people like that.

He is very endearing to his fans and makes himself quite accessable to them, which in the future will prove to be a great benefit for someone who plays James Bond.....

I have seen no other actor in the line up so far shown that can touch his capabilities as a performer, he not only has the look, he has the action that can attract a younger crowd. His martial arts capabilities exceed those on the list not to mention as has been stated his fluency in three languages other than English....he has a brilliant English accent, and as for the brown eyes they are gorgeous but, if that is what bothers you.....hey that is the reason they made colored contact lenses.

As for expressions....he has perfect expressions for Bond IMHO.....he's an actor he can do anything he is asked to do and since it is a role he has always wanted to do since he was very young....I imagine he will put his all into it even more.

The above views are my opinion an not to diminish anyone elses, but I think that if you truly saw this man in action in some of the mid-series "Highlander" episodes you would change your mind.

(((((((hugs)))))))

Lady M :)

Edited by Lady M, 09 July 2004 - 02:34 PM.

#223 Moomoo

Moomoo

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:49 PM

I've sussed it! Lady M is in love with Adrian Paul. :) Don't deny it! I've seen you with him in that expensive restaurant, and then you went back to his place, and my, it got so steamy my contact lenses needed a clean. :)

Moomoo

Edited by Moomoo, 09 July 2004 - 03:50 PM.

#224 Moomoo

Moomoo

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:54 PM

Okay peeps, here is a photo of Mr Paul looking like a young Sean Connery. Have to admit he does look a little like Connery here. Hope the link works:

http://www.pedmonds....als/duncan1.jpg

Moomoo

#225 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:48 PM

First time post. I'm not sure if this will work or not but here goes. Here is a picture of the next James Bond! Enjoy! Sorry if it didn't work but it's a great picture!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1ap.jpg   41.35KB   38 downloads

#226 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:08 PM

I've sussed it! Lady M is in love with Adrian Paul. :) Don't deny it! I've seen you with him in that expensive restaurant, and then you went back to his place, and my, it got so steamy my contact lenses needed a clean. :)

Moomoo

I think you are right Moomoo, Lady M seems to have a love of Mr. Paul! :) Me I don't swing that way, I just personally think he would be a strong Bond! :) And so would your boy Jackman.

#227 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

Okay peeps, here is a photo of Mr Paul looking like a young Sean Connery. Have to admit he does look a little like Connery here. Hope the link works:

Moomoo

He looks like a TV star to me, it must just be the way I percieve it, but I don't see him in a big Bond film.

#228 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:41 PM

Moomoo

He looks like a TV star to me, it must just be the way I percieve it, but I don't see him in a big Bond film.

We'll disagree on that one Qwerty. I think often those who get their start TV often get an unfair perception with regards to looking TVish. There was noise of Pierce being too light and TVish to be able to handle Bond. I for one think he did just fine.

#229 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:55 PM

Moomoo

We'll disagree on that one Qwerty. I think often those who get their start TV often get an unfair perception with regards to looking TVish. There was noise of Pierce being too light and TVish to be able to handle Bond. I for one think he did just fine.

Yes, perhaps it does seem a bit unfair. And maybe it was because I saw Brosnan as Bond first, and not in Remington Steele. Brosnan did fine in both roles, on that topic.

#230 Pussycat

Pussycat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:33 PM

Hi, okay this is my first post but I've been lurking since around March. LOL
I have been a fan of James Bond since I was a little girl ( we won't talk about how many decades that was) and I have been a fan of Adrian Paul since 1997. I don't think just anybody can be BOND, I mean, BOND is special and few have what it takes to be a BOND, but trust me, I've watched enough Adrian Paul to know that he does! I just had to come out of lurking status to say that!

I was also a fan of Pierce from the Remington Steele days ( his TV days ) and thought he would be a good BOND then too. I remember people saying the same thing....."not enough ability, too much a TV actor, no movie credibility...etc, etc"

A good actor is a good actor and if they have something special that sets them apart then it doesn't matter if it's television or big screen, if they have the talent and practice their craft.

Let's see if I can attach a good picture of a future Bond...but don't hold your breath, I'm still trying to figure out how things work on this board. lol

#231 Pussycat

Pussycat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:35 PM

LOL Obviously, I failed at attaching a picture....I'll study the process some more.

#232 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:36 PM

[quote name='Moomoo' date='9 July 2004 - 15:49']I've sussed it! Lady M is in love with Adrian Paul.

Edited by Lady M, 09 July 2004 - 08:45 PM.

#233 sheryl318

sheryl318

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:49 PM

I have already voted here once, so all I can say is Adrian Paul would make a perfect Spy guy.

sheryl

#234 Pussycat

Pussycat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:07 PM

I gave up on trying to attach...I'll work on that later. But let's try a link to a site with a very recent photo ( less than 2 weeks old) of Adrian Paul playing in a celebrity charity soccer game. BTW, many of you might not know it, but he used to play semi-pro soccer for England.

Here's the link..hope it works....

http://editorial.get...=51002510&cdi=0

#235 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:13 PM

Here's another picture of a very sexy, very wet, James Bond. Tell me the lady Bond fans wouldn't just eat this up!

Attached Files

#236 Pussycat

Pussycat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:21 PM

THANK YOU TESSA!

I think he looks very sexy Bondish in that one. Maybe we should just send that pic to Barbara Broccoli and call the whole thing a done deal? LOL

What woman can say no to that?

#237 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:51 PM

You're most welcome, Pussycat!

#238 Pussycat

Pussycat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:43 AM

Hi again. I was reading a few previous posts and wanted to answer one that didn't seem to be touched upon very much. Was Highlander popular elsewhere? YES! It was shown in over 80 countries and created fan followings in all of them. It ran for six seasons. It was the first co-country production in syndication, I believe, to achieve the 100 episode mark. It was also nominated for best dramatic series in the Canadian equivalent of the American Emmy award, more than once I believe. Just because a show wasn't in prime time or came out of LA doesn't make it less. Heavens, look at the crap that is on prime time now! POINT MADE, I hope. LOL

As for Adrian being popular, another poster mentioned his popularity in Moscow recently. He was also voted favorite foreign actor from one of the largest television stations viewing audiences more than one year, according to one of his Russian fans who posts on other boards. He was greeted with press and cameras going off in his face before he even got out of the Moscow airport. He was mentioned in a number one pop song in Russia! He has been mobbed walking down streets of Italy, France, Spain, Germany and in the Phillipines.

Don't count this man as less than Bond material! He is most definitely BOND worthy.

#239 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:49 AM

Welcome Pussycat to CBn ....you did your HW thats for sure :)

#240 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:50 AM

Hi again. I was reading a few previous posts and wanted to answer one that didn't seem to be touched upon very much. Was Highlander popular elsewhere? YES! It was shown in over 80 countries and created fan followings in all of them. It ran for six seasons. It was the first co-country production in syndication, I believe, to achieve the 100 episode mark. It was also nominated for best dramatic series in the Canadian equivalent of the American Emmy award, more than once I believe. Just because a show wasn't in prime time or came out of LA doesn't make it less. Heavens, look at the crap that is on prime time now! POINT MADE, I hope. LOL

As for Adrian being popular, another poster mentioned his popularity in Moscow recently. He was also voted favorite foreign actor from one of the largest television stations viewing audiences more than one year, according to one of his Russian fans who posts on other boards. He was greeted with press and cameras going off in his face before he even got out of the Moscow airport. He was mentioned in a number one pop song in Russia! He has been mobbed walking down streets of Italy, France, Spain, Germany and in the Phillipines.

Don't count this man as less than Bond material! He is most definitely BOND worthy.

Nice to see you here on CBn! :)

I don't agree with everything about Paul, but he certainly is as fair a contender as all the others!