This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Adrian Paul - yes or no?

325 replies to this topic

Poll: Adrian Paul as James Bond?

Adrian Paul as James Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 Pussycat

Pussycat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:58 AM

Thanks Qwerty! Everyone has been very nice to new posters here, even if we do LOVE Adrian Paul. We also love BOND or we wouldn't be here.

I should probably confess I've loved almost every BOND they've had in the past. Sean, I think was my absolute favorite, but I liked Pierce too. I even liked Timothy Dalton and thought he was a very good BOND, I never did understand why he didn't do better at the box office.

Don't throw things, but Roger was my least favorite BOND and I honestly think it has something to do with the lighter hair. LOL Oh, well, everyone has a Bond who is less loved.

#242 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 04:03 AM

Don't throw things, but Roger was my least favorite BOND (Pussycat)

FINALLY!!! someone agrees with me :)

#243 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 04:04 AM

Thanks Qwerty! Everyone has been very nice to new posters here, even if we do LOVE Adrian Paul. We also love BOND or we wouldn't be here.

Glad to have you. :) :)

#244 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 06:31 PM

I sure couldn't! *WEG*

#245 Maris

Maris

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 06:34 PM

This is a good photo of Adrian Paul that I think shows he could look like Bond should

Posted Image[/IMG]

#246 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 06:35 PM

LOVE that picture! How do you get the picture to appear like that? I only get the link to click appearing at the bottom and I can't see that there's another way to do it.

#247 Maris

Maris

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 06:51 PM

When you get the link you have to put in the address of an online photo - it's easiest if you have an online album, mine is here

http://img78.photobucket.com

Then you save photo's from your computer to the album and just paste the link to them in when this site prompts for them - sorry right click on the address in your album first then r/click paste

#248 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 07:02 PM

Thanks Maris, but I don't have one of those.

#249 Maris

Maris

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 07:37 PM

They are free and easy to set up just follow the link :)

#250 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 08:07 PM

I think I might just do that! Thanks very much. I'll get around to it soon.

#251 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 08:15 PM

Not just no, hell no, or just plain no. BUT PLEASE LORD BUDDHA NO!!!!!!!!!!

Adiran Paul is typecast as Duncan MacLeod, a poor copy..no, photocopy of Connor MacLeod. A.P. isn't really a convincing actor and if he would be cast as Bond I can only hope it would be for one film like Lazenby.

Better to have an unknown Scotsmann than A.P.

Some of you need to wake up, realize this, and get back to ripping off the good name of Doctor Shatterhand.

#252 Maris

Maris

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 08:32 PM

The man can act don't judge him by Highlander endgame - which even highlander fans thought was really badly written, but try seeing some of the other stuff he has done!! He showed in the series that he could do a lot of different roles very convincingly, and certainly better that Christopher Lambert, Please!

#253 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 09:55 PM

You go girl Maris! *whispers* ( Personally, I think most men are just plain jealous of Adrian Paul because the man is a drop dead gorgeous hunk, and is a major jock! ) He's also a very capable actor but I'm not even going to argue that. I've seen him and that man can convey emotion with just a look. He's amazing. You're right, Endgame was not a good movie, but Adrian was wonderful, as he always is in his films. I think all Highlander fans will agree on that. But that aside, watch the man swing that sword! He's incredible and has been called the best stage swordfighter he'd ever worked with by Bob Anderson, the HLTS swordmaster who had worked with some major actors, like Errol Flynn, Douglas Fairbanks Jr. to name a couple. He said he was blown away with how AP could master moves after just being shown once. He's extremely athletic. He's also a really nice guy. Very grounded and down to earth. Pussycat and I saw him in person in LA this past spring for a weekend at the HLWW Workshop and he was delightful, a true gentleman. He would be a fantastic Bond. Remember, they said all the same things about Pierce Brosnan and look at how successful he was and how well received.

#254 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:13 PM

You go girl Maris! *whispers* ( Personally, I think most men are just plain jealous of Adrian Paul because the man is a drop dead gorgeous hunk, and is a major jock! ) He's also a very capable actor but I'm not even going to argue that. I've seen him and that man can convey emotion with just a look. He's amazing. You're right, Endgame was not a good movie, but Adrian was wonderful, as he always is in his films. I think all Highlander fans will agree on that. But that aside, watch the man swing that sword! He's incredible and has been called the best stage swordfighter he'd ever worked with by Bob Anderson, the HLTS swordmaster who had worked with some major actors, like Errol Flynn, Douglas Fairbanks Jr. to name a couple. He said he was blown away with how AP could master moves after just being shown once. He's extremely athletic. He's also a really nice guy. Very grounded and down to earth. Pussycat and I saw him in person in LA this past spring for a weekend at the HLWW Workshop and he was delightful, a true gentleman. He would be a fantastic Bond. Remember, they said all the same things about Pierce Brosnan and look at how successful he was and how well received.

Don't take it personally Tessa--all the most talked about Bond candidates have taken their strong hits from their detractors. It's to be expected with passionate views and different personalities and takes on the world. None of them go unscathed. At least you can be glad that beyond hardcore Adrian fans like yourself there has been a strong segment of support for Adrian Paul as James Bond in this site and elsewhere including the Parade poll. And count me as one of those--not a hardcore just someone who sees Paul as the best choice. Not the only good choice but the best.

#255 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:23 PM

Sorry, I don't mean to appear to be taking it personally! Us fans of AP are solidly behind him in all he does. We'd love to see him get this opportunity only because we know that he's always wanted it, and he came close once! I realize that there is a lot of support for him here too. I can't help but think that he could do justice to the role of James Bond if given the chance. If he doesn't, well I will be the first to admit it, although I have a feeling I'll still enjoy him in it. ;-) Please forgive me if I offended anyone! I'm really just joking around when I say men are jealous of him! (though I know for a fact that some are. My own husband isn't, but I've known some that are, very much so)

#256 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:41 PM

No offense at all! :) Yeh I knew you were joking around. Enjoy the site :)

#257 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:46 PM

Thanks Seannery, I will!

#258 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:02 PM

found this photo of Paul on the web...tought the ladies would like :) :)
Posted Image

#259 Tessa

Tessa

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:14 PM

OH Be still my heart. Ooooh yummy! That was taken this past January at Daytona when Adrian attended the Rolex 24 race in which Highlander had an entry. (a Porsche, I believe which didn't do *too* badly!) At this race, Adrian presented the restored T-Bird which he drove in the Highlander series to the couple who won it in the draw, celebrating the release of Season Two I believe. Our own Pussycat was a winner too by the way. She won an authentic Katana, a replica of the preferred sword of Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod, now proudly displayed on the mantle above her fireplace. Lucky Pussycat! Thanks for posting that picture for us Agent 76. Pictures of Adrian Paul are always welcome!

#260 Pussycat

Pussycat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:15 PM

Agent 76....you do know how to please the ladies.... purrrrrrr

#261 Pal

Pal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:26 AM

Tunnack, could you send that link comparing Connery to Paul again or send it to me in a PM because i can't view the web page. Thanks.

#262 Pal

Pal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:03 PM

Well it seems that Adrian Paul is well on his way ti winning anohter poll. This time it is none other than a poll from http://www.hollywood.com/news/. the current results of this typing are:

The Burning Question
Who should replace Pierce Brosnan as the next James Bond?

Clive Owen 12%
Adrian Paul 29%
Ewan McGregor 12%
Jude Law 16%
An unknown would be best 31%

Thanks for voting!
Total Votes: 10,023

So it seems that 10000 people are either for AP or an unkown. And look, Jackman isnt even listed and Clive Owen only has 12% of the votes. The numbers don't lie. We may have the new Bond right here. A perfect choice.

#263 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:18 PM

Adrian Paul is way better for Bond than jackman.

#264 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:20 PM

So, if Adrian Paul is Bond does that mean Bond would ditch his P99 for a nice big Scottish claymore? (I don't actually know what kind of sword highlander uses)

I'm going to have to say no on this one, the bit of him I've seen just doesn't say to me he should be the next 007.

#265 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:26 PM

We may have the new Bond right here. A perfect choice.

Unless Eon hasn't already set their sights on someone. Interesting that Jackman wasn't on the list.

#266 Adrian Carlisle

Adrian Carlisle

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:21 AM

So, if Adrian Paul is Bond does that mean Bond would ditch his P99 for a nice big Scottish claymore? (I don't actually know what kind of sword highlander uses)

I'm going to have to say no on this one, the bit of him I've seen just doesn't say to me he should be the next 007.

In Highlander, Duncan MacLeod used his father's claymore, and then a Renassaince-style rapier, until the early 18th century when he shipwrecked off the coast of Japan. Once there, he befriended a samurai named Hideo Koto. When Koto died, he left Duncan his dragon katana, which he used until the present day.

#267 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:29 AM

64 to 36 in favour of Paul being Bond? :)

I'd be interested to know how many voted "Null" like me.

#268 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:31 AM

Hmm, I see 50 to 28.

#269 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:35 AM

No.

#270 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:35 AM

Really? I see...

Adrian Paul as James Bond?
Yes [ 50 ] [64.10%]
No [ 28 ] [35.90%]
Total Votes: 78