This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Adrian Paul - yes or no?

325 replies to this topic

Poll: Adrian Paul as James Bond?

Adrian Paul as James Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#301 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:47 AM

Moore was fine as a charming adventurer in THE SAINT. (I've even bought most of the Moore SAINT DVD sets and PERSUADERS episodes) Brosnan and Dalton are more like that type of hero. To me, Connery set the tone of the athletic Bond who can throw a believable "screen punch". IMHO Moore, Brosnan and Dalton appear less rugged and throw a punch because it says so in the script. The leaner Lazenby seems to be the most "athletic" Bond after Connery. Director Peter Hunt pulled a good performance out of Lazenby, when combined with his athleticism, makes Laz my second favorite Bond behind Connery. A Peter Hunt type director with Adrian Paul as Bond would be ideal. Paul has the rugged kick-butt look that's been missing since Connery.

#302 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:53 AM

Bravo Adrian:

http://www.mi6.co.uk...php?itemid=1594

http://www.tvguide.c...der/040811b.asp

Well he wants the role, but exactly how far has he gotten in going for it then?

Can't see it happening.

#303 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 07:54 PM

Bravo Adrian:

http://www.mi6.co.uk...php?itemid=1594

http://www.tvguide.c...der/040811b.asp

Well he wants the role, but exactly how far has he gotten in going for it then?

Can't see it happening.

Well we just simply don't know how far he has gone in getting the role. I would not be suprised at all if he got it--he fits the role extremely well and fits the Eon pattern of going for a lesser name who none the less would be well cast. Eon knows what they are doing when it comes to casting its lead--40 years of success shows that.

#304 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:04 PM

It doesn't matter to me who is Bond. I won't boycott the series, I won't do anything like that. I'll go to the movies and if the movie is bad I will only be out 5 bucks. I voted yes, but I actually want to see Jackman as 007.

#305 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:11 PM

It doesn't matter to me who is Bond. I won't boycott the series, I won't do anything like that. I'll go to the movies and if the movie is bad I will only be out 5 bucks. I voted yes, but I actually want to see Jackman as 007.

I'm with you on that--unless they hire someone like Pee Wee Herman i'll go see the next film. And next to Paul I agree Jackman would be my second choice.

#306 Moomoo

Moomoo

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:05 AM

Hi, would anyone care to name me a decent Adrian Paul movie? Anything will do. Would like to see his acting style and see if he has Bond potential. See if he lives up to hype.

If anyone can help, thanks.

Moomoo

#307 Pussycat

Pussycat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:22 AM

MooMoo, I replied on the other thread, but will tell you that some of his most Bond-like performances have been on the series. It's a shame video stores don't rent out season sets, then I could name which episodes you could watch that definitely showcases his Bond potential.

#308 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:39 PM

Adrian Paul definately has much Bond potential in him , FACT! :)

Posted Image

#309 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:39 PM

How is it a fact? :)

#310 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:41 PM

How is it a fact? :)

look at the polls he has been in. always got good results , so that means that at least some percentage of Bond fans like the idea of him as 007.

#311 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:43 PM

Fair enough. I'll admit that it surprised me at the amount of positive support for him as James Bond, but it all seems to be opinions at the moment.

Seeing a screentest would either boost or lower the assumption you make though.

#312 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:48 PM

Seeing a screentest would either boost or lower the assumption you make though.

that I must agree. Of course the fans that support him as 007 imagine him as Bond in their heads , but a real screen test would show us what he really has got in him.

#313 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:51 PM

Yes indeed, that's a more suitable and fair way to make these assumptions then.

#314 sheryl318

sheryl318

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:49 PM

Someone here wanted to know some movies they could see Adrian in

1. Highlander:Endgame
2. The Breed
3. The Void
4. Mosow Heat (released Fall, 2004)
5. Nemesis Game, June 2003

#315 Pussycat

Pussycat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:03 PM

I recently received an issue of Verbatim magazine that contained a quote from Adrian Paul about BOND given to editor John Mosby while interviewing Adrian about an upcoming movie called E5. The link to the site for this magazine is below in case anyone wishes to know about it.
http://www.btinterne...mMag/index.html

I wanted to post the quote because I thought it was frank and honest and in typical Adrian Paul fashion, witty at the end, and I know it is a true quote not just a rumor.

Here's the question and quote:

With the news that Pierce Brosnan seems to have officially distanced himself from continuing with the Bond franchise, is there any chance you'll be in the running again?

Adrian: "The funny thing was that PARADE, a magazine that goes inside the weekend newspapers in America had a vote for their readership on who they felt should be the next James Bond. I came out on top. Which is...interesting. I would love to be considered for it. I'd love to do those meetings, but that's up to the Powers That Be. You never really know...sometimes decisions like that, they're not always...well, it can be a business decision or a creative decision. It depends on what genre or look they want. I don't know what it would be, but I'd definitely like try my hand at the role if I got the chance. But, even if there were ( an approach), I wouldn't be able to tell you. If there were and I did tell you...I'd have to kill you."

#316 Pal

Pal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:22 PM

I still say that he is the best possible choice for Bond at this time. And if Eon is looking for someone as a transitional Bond for a 1-3 picture deal, then he is our man. And I believe that he can and will surprise anybody who has doubted him. They may still not like him afterwords but they would respect his performances.

#317 deb

deb

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

i know this is old but i still think adrian would be perfect for the bond role even though he is now 51 :tup:

#318 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

I hate to sound like a typical British High Court judge, or even Private Eye magazine's Mr Justice Cocklecarrot, but....... "Tell me, who is Adrian Paul?" :)

#319 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:45 PM

How did I miss this thread? Adrian gets my vote, I could picture him as Bond. He's turned in some good performances and some average ones. With a good director he would rule. The dude is a beast at stage combat, though the opening of Highlander always made me cringe when he swung the katana, you could so tell he was not experienced with it by the angle of the cut. Imagine, they film that first season and kept it through the entire show. I have friends at my dojo who refused to watch the show based totally on that terrible cut.

#320 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

Five years on and it's still no.

Very sweet thread, though. Bless.

#321 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

Not this one again. This guy could not be more inappropriate for Bond if his self publicising ego tried. Do people really think he would be viable? That is quite scary.

#322 Lachesis

Lachesis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

I actually enjoyed his contribution to the Highlander tv show, especially given the expectations you place on a tv show with that kind of budget. However I remain very confident he would be a dreadful choice as Bond on every important level.

#323 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

Looking back at this thread I have to point and laugh at all the people who voted yes. Simply because if Adrian had been chosen as Bond instead of Daniel Craig; then they would have been partly responsible for destroying the franchise.

Adrian Paul will forever be known as Duncan MacLeod, The Highlander and after the failure of Highlander - Endgame and The Source even he has become tired of being typecast. He was a bad actor then, and remains a bad actor today.Had Adrian been cast as Bond I would have washed my hands from the movies once and for all.

And how dare some of you think that he looks like a young Sean Connery, Sir Sean should sue you all for character defamation :P

I voted no then and I'll still vote no now. I'd rather see Mick Jagger and/or Keith Richards as Bond before Adrian.

#324 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

Definitely No. However, as a Bond villain I'd be ok with Paul.

#325 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

I´d rather have Brosnan back.

Ha. Scared everyone, didn´t I?

Adrian Paul... well no. Daniel Craig? Yes, please.

#326 Rufus Ffolkes

Rufus Ffolkes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

I´d rather have Brosnan back.

Hell, I'd rather have Moore back.