This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Adrian Paul - yes or no?

325 replies to this topic

Poll: Adrian Paul as James Bond?

Adrian Paul as James Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 lormac

lormac

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:26 PM

[FONT=Optima][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]

Adrian would make a great "Bond"! He has all the attributes; intelligence, gorgeous (& even looks like Connery), physical abilities, British & sexy as he-- when the scene calls for it! What more can you ask for?!?! :)

#152 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:29 PM

How about if he was about ten years younger? :)

#153 Four Aces

Four Aces

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1133 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:36 PM

True, but none of those guys looked like an olive oil salesman from Sicily. :)

Go to Sicily and say that. I dare you. Try the city of Messina, hee-hee, :) :)

4A

#154 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:37 PM

I noticed lots of new members have surfaced since this thread began...So, Mr. Paul, if you're joining us, I think you certainly have the look that's appropriate for Bond but I'm afaid the timing is bad...I think Pierce is doing one last one...Sorry mate. Better luck with Highlander 5. Maybe you could get a TV show about the SAS or something along those lines(I should be a producer!)... That would be cool. :)

#155 Four Aces

Four Aces

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1133 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:39 PM

Hey can we merge this thread with the one Loomis started AFTER I posted this topic? Sneaky hijacker! :)

It would reduce the duplication of effort.

4A

#156 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:43 PM

I heard that he auditioned but Brosnan got the role...is that true?

#157 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:46 PM

The Adrian Paul threads have been merged.

Again... I vote "NO" on Adrian Paul. He doesn't emote BOND to me. It

#158 Xenia's Ferrari

Xenia's Ferrari

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:06 PM

i do not know of this adrian paul. on looks alone. i say no as well.

#159 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:19 PM

Hello Everyone....still kicking that age thing around eh?

Well, like I've said before everyone ages differently and....LOL, didn't anyone ever tell you immortals don't age much. (hehehe)

All kidding aside....Adrian Paul truly doesn't look a day over thirty-five and with his healthy lifestyle, and activity in martial arts and sports. I doubt he will look a lot different in the next ten years. Plus as for the dark skin I guess I missed the part where it said Bond was pearly white, it sure doesn't fit Connery, Dalton, or Brosnan. :)

LM

#160 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 12:16 AM

Interesting. Could this be a PR plant to warm people up to the idea of Paul as Bond? I find it a bit surprising that a Joe average poll would pick Paul. Heck, even I'm not sure who the guy is.

And who's taking these "surveys" anyway? If they had conducted them online, I think we would have found them, the way we canvas the net for all things Bond.

Curious stuff. Good find, 4A.

Hi Zencat....nice to meet you....

I did find this survey on line it was under I believe parademagazine.com or parade.com....

Hope that helps answer your question.

LM :)

Oh man I just laughed so hard I put parent magazine instead of parade.....that was one of those one in a million goofs!!! LOL :) :)

Edited by Lady M, 30 June 2004 - 03:36 AM.

#161 mysticmoon64

mysticmoon64

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:28 AM

Hi,
I'm new to this forum but I believe that Adrian Paul would be an excellent choice for the new Bond. As was pointed out, he's tall, dark, and handsome. A very sexy British accent (which he is from England anyway). He can turn up the heat in a love scene. But not only that, he has very formidable fighting skills, and athletic skills.
For those of you who don't know who he is, or aren't familiar with his acting skills, watch any episode of "Highlander: The Series," or the movie "Endgame." He has excellent acting abilities.

#162 Four Aces

Four Aces

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1133 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:39 AM

[quote name='Athena007' date='29 June 2004 - 17:46'] The Adrian Paul threads have been merged.

Again... I vote "NO" on Adrian Paul. He doesn't emote BOND to me. It

#163 Glor (009)

Glor (009)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:33 AM

The really sad thing is that I did watch Highlander and Endgame and I still don't think AP can act at all. I'm fine with his age and for the most part how he looks but I want a 007 actor that can act not just fight. Why not get Steven Segall?

He makes me wish we could have Lazenby come back or Dalton. My wish...Pierce for 21 and Jackman for 22.

#164 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:50 AM

Four Aces i have a question for you ...Did you get your user name from a old western movie called Death Rides A Horse?

#165 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:48 AM

[...]unlike Brozzie, AP does NOT run like a girl.

Hahahaha! LMAO! :) :)

that's a good one! :) I never tought of that...he really runs like a girl? :) :)

#166 Lady Nicolia

Lady Nicolia

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:16 PM

Hello all - I am new to this forum (and the web-talk thing). I Have read every Ian Fleming novel and seen all Bond films, most many times.
The Bond franchise could profit from using Adrian Paul. My teenage daughter ragged on me to buy the Highlander Series on dvd. Very uneven: some excellent writing/acting, some mediocre. I have learned Paul has a loyal female audience, Highlander has an international audience and beleve it or not an intellectual one. Add this to the base of fans like ourselves: box office wow!
That IMHO is very important. Keep our Bonds coming!

#167 Pal

Pal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

With all the age problems concerning Adrian Paul, I'd just like to say that it is not a question of how old the actor playing Bond is, it is how old the acotr playing Bond looks. Adrian Paul is 45 or 46 and he looks about 10 years younger. MGM/EON, sign him up.

#168 Four Aces

Four Aces

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1133 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:35 PM

Four Aces i have a question for you ...Did you get your user name from a old western movie called Death Rides A Horse?

Nope. Brand of cigarettes in TMWTGG. I'm also a poker fanatic. :)

#169 Pal

Pal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:03 PM

Success at last! I found my picture of both Connery and Paul. Follow this lnk to compare thier facial features. It is really quite amazing. Just keep in mind that they are not the same age in this picture. But, enjoy.
http://www.highlande...c;f=19;t=004749

#170 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:34 PM

I don't know, I just don't think he looks very similar to Connery in that picture.

#171 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:35 PM

I agree Qwerty the picture is not a good one to look at. Young Connery has many other pictures that look like much closer to Paul. The one in this thread for one that shows Sean in bodybuilding contest looks very close facially to Adrian Paul.

#172 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:43 PM

Paul looks very bland compared to Connery.

#173 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:49 PM

52 votes so far, an unusually high number for a CBn poll, and almost 60% of voters on a very well-informed and highly opinionated Bond fansite have given Paul their blessing. I'm surprised by these results - I'd pictured nearly everyone voting no. I haven't changed my views on Paul - he's still quite wrong for Bond in my eyes - but in light of this poll I do have to ask:

Is it really out of the question that he's being lined up to replace Brosnan?

After all, it seems the fans would accept him. Plus, he'd not only be way cheaper than Brosnan, but probably a lot less expensive than Jackman and Owen, too. Also, he fits the usual Eon profile for a new Bond actor much more than Jackman and Owen.

(Shame he looks like an extra on "The Sopranos", though. :) )

#174 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:20 PM

52 votes so far, an unusually high number for a CBn poll, and almost 60% of voters on a very well-informed and highly opinionated Bond fansite have given Paul their blessing. I'm surprised by these results - I'd pictured nearly everyone voting no.

It's interesting how many new members this thread has attracted.

#175 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:27 PM

I've heard Adrian Paul has an exceptionally devoted fan club.

#176 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:31 PM

I suppose so, taking into account how many new members that have come to put opinions on this contender, and this fairly close poll with many votes.

Good topic Loomis. :)

#177 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:38 PM

I suppose so, taking into account how many new members that have come to put opinions on this contender, and this fairly close poll with many votes.

Good topic Loomis. :)

Yes there were a few newbies voting in this poll. It does show Paul does generate passion among his fans much like Owen and Jackman has also in this forum.

But what really suprises me is how much established members also gave yes to Adrian Paul as James Bond. That impressed me. He seems to have potential for wide appeal.

#178 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:39 PM

I was expecting this poll to be a tidal wave of "No's" also. But I think that may be as I'm not a total fan of his, but it seems many Bond fans are.

#179 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:45 PM

I wasn't expecting a tidal wave of "no" for one reason that I think more highly of him than you Qwerty but I was suprised with the amount of support.

#180 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:47 PM

Yes, that's what I was kind of attempting to say. I didn't think he was one of the bigger names up for the role of Bond. This thread and poll proved me wrong.