This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

The Sony leak...PLEASE do NOT provide link(s)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
317 replies to this topic

#61 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

There's several things about it I find extremely interesting however.

For sure. I'm as intrigued as I am concerned.

My feelings exactly. Too bad we can´t talk openly about it. Damn, what a mess.

There's always private messages, but even then it's a bit weary.

Yes it is. So this means any chance of organized spoiler discussion has simply gone to hell. All wink wink nudge nudge from now on. 

Pretty much. Since it's all too real (I can't find a reason why it wouldn't be), actual spoiler discussions are pretty much shot for those who have read them and those who haven't. As you said, "all wink wink nudge nudge from now on".  For eleven months.

So you think the  ;) will be.. you know?  :blink: because of the  :rolleyes: that she made when Bond said that  B) thing to the  :angry: at that place...you know? :dry:

#62 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

There's several things about it I find extremely interesting however.

For sure. I'm as intrigued as I am concerned.

My feelings exactly. Too bad we can´t talk openly about it. Damn, what a mess.

There's always private messages, but even then it's a bit weary.

Yes it is. So this means any chance of organized spoiler discussion has simply gone to hell. All wink wink nudge nudge from now on. 

Pretty much. Since it's all too real (I can't find a reason why it wouldn't be), actual spoiler discussions are pretty much shot for those who have read them and those who haven't. As you said, "all wink wink nudge nudge from now on".  For eleven months.

So you think the  ;) will be.. you know?  :blink: because of the  :rolleyes: that she made when Bond said that  B) thing to the  :angry: at that place...you know? :dry:

Definitely ;)

#63 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

Hey! I didn't want to know that! Spoiler tags next time please ;)

#64 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

So ..... I'm lost ..... is it just the cnn thing or is there more?

(just finding about it all now) 

#65 TaoMike

TaoMike

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

Just read the leaked plot description.

I feel like I've been gut punched. I don't even know what to say. Even if just half of this is true... It's going to be a f*cking mess. Dammit.

#66 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

I feel like I've been gut punched. I don't even know what to say. Even if just half of this is true... It's going to be a f*cking mess. Dammit.

I feel you :(

#67 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

I didn't see that much far from what I had heard already guessed in some of the numerous discussions.

#68 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:02 AM

This kind of reactions are making me nervous. Is it that horrible?

#69 TaoMike

TaoMike

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:10 AM

Yes. If it's an accurate reflection of the current shooting script, then yes. And it seems to jive with other elements that have been confirmed.

Then again, scripts evolve. The cast is outstanding. Mendes is a solid craftsman. Maybe it won't be as horrible as I fear. (Trying to put a brave face on...)

Edited by TaoMike, 11 December 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#70 EyesOnly

EyesOnly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

Man, I don't know. It's hard for me to believe that EON would stoop this low in the plot department. Sounds more like uninspired fan fiction. I do hope the ideas and themes surrounding the story have improved from what was leaked. I'm rather shocked.

#71 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

After what they did with Skyfall, which was about as basic a plot as one could come up with yet they still managed to mess up, I can't say that I'm shocked to hear that what's been put together for SPECTRE isn't any good.  

#72 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:24 AM

Is it that horrible?

Possibly.

It's no worse than SKYFALL sounded on paper, honestly. A lot depends on execution and the details.

#73 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:24 AM

sorry but I will bet everything it fake and Mendes is laughing at us right now Skyfall haters will probably not this 

#74 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

Yes. If it's an accurate reflection of the current shooting script, then yes. And it seems to jive with other elements that have been confirmed.

Then again, scripts evolve. The cast is outstanding. Mendes is a solid craftsman. Maybe it won't be as horrible as I fear. (Trying to put a brave face on...)

After SKYFALL, the thought of Mendes, Craig and co. putting together a "horrible" Bond film sounds near impossible. Having said that, I've read some of the leaked details (assuming they're actually true) and wow, I'm pretty much speechless...

#75 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:35 AM

It all sounds more strange than awful. It's hard to get a sense for how these story ingredients will actually play out.

#76 EyesOnly

EyesOnly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

I don't disagree, tdalton. I liked parts of Skyfall but I find QOS much better. That said I don't see how this storyline is any better than the suggestions Paul Haggis had for QOS. I feel like this is on par or perhaps worse. Maybe it just reads poorly in text.

#77 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:42 AM

Okay, so after looking at some of them, I don't really believe any of it. The emails are written too poorly and the whole thing just doesn't make any sense. I mean this bizarro story makes Die Another Day look like a masterpiece. Do you really think Mendes would agree to direct this piece of garbage? I would tell everyone, not to worry.

#78 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:42 AM

I don't disagree, tdalton. I liked parts of Skyfall but I find QOS much better. That said I don't see how this storyline is any better than the suggestions Paul Haggis had for QOS. I feel like this is on par or perhaps worse. Maybe it just reads poorly in text.

Oh boy.  :sad:

#79 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:55 AM

Okay, so after looking at some of them, I don't really believe any of it. The emails are written too poorly and the whole thing just doesn't make any sense. I mean this bizarro story makes Die Another Day look like a masterpiece. Do you really think Mendes would agree to direct this piece of garbage? I would tell everyone, not to worry.

there will always be people who believe anything! I mean people who hate skyfall will see trend of bad movie...... 

#80 Gobi-1

Gobi-1

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:11 AM

First THANKS to everyone for not spoiling everything, even though this is the spoiler section. I'm glad everyone is being considerate and caution based on the nature of how this info was leaked. I'm don't plan to read the leaks myself but I did see the article about the film being $50 million over budget and thought it was worth a quick look in here to see what was going on.

Sounds like the reactions to the spoilers are very, very mixed so I hope I don't come across them over the next 11(!) months but I fear that may be impossible. Just for fun can I make some outlandish prediction, based on nothing, which you can, without divulging the hacked info, tell me if they're as crazy as what has leaked?

Crazy Prediction 1: They've made Blofeld somehow responsible for the death's of Bond parents.

Crazy Prediction 2: Blofeld is Christoph Waltz and is Bond's older brother from a different mother.

Crazy Prediction 3: M or Q is actually Blofeld.

#81 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:15 AM

First THANKS to everyone for not spoiling everything, even though this is the spoiler section. I'm glad everyone is being considerate and caution based on the nature of how this info was leaked. I'm don't plan to read the leaks myself but I did see the article about the film being $50 million over budget and thought it was worth a quick look in here to see what was going on.

Sounds like the reactions to the spoilers are very, very mixed so I hope I don't come across them over the next 11(!) months but I fear that may be impossible. Just for fun can I make some outlandish prediction, based on nothing, which you can, without divulging the hacked info, tell me if they're as crazy as what has leaked?

Crazy Prediction 1: They've made Blofeld somehow responsible for the death's of Bond parents.

Crazy Prediction 2: Blofeld is Christoph Waltz and is Bond's older brother from a different mother.

Crazy Prediction 3: M or Q is actually Blofeld.

Not quite that crazy, but almost that crazy.

#82 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:23 AM

I haven't read any of the other Sony leaks but according to Harmsway the sh*tty spelling and grammar is pretty consistent with the rest of them. 

#83 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:29 AM

This is the spoiler section, right? Why not talk about the spoilers?? Weird.

#84 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:34 AM

I just reread everything again and I just don't see the uproar....

IF it is real, it is from a very early draft.
I didn't read anything that will make the final draft that a talented cast and crew couldn't pull off.

Too early to panic. And for those of you who are trying to stay spoiler-free. It's not that big of a deal.

Edited by 00Hockey Mask, 11 December 2014 - 03:45 AM.

#85 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

I had to check it out to get into the conversation. I'd agree it is weird, obscure and poorly written for people who you would think went to good schools. Agreed its nothing to worry about IMO, whatever that's worth. I'm just not interested in the leaks, however I read there was embarrassing stuff on Adam Sandler and someone else I might dive into if I come by it.

I don't believe they are worried about the budget either once the product placements role in too.

#86 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:23 AM

I'd agree it is weird, obscure and poorly written for people who you would think went to good schools.

I dare say the original emails were OCRed from printouts before they were leaked. Which would account for a lot of the typographical errors.

#87 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

Once again, just because there is spelling mistakes, it doesn't mean it's automatically fake. They may be educated people with degree's but maybe they just don't know how to spell. Maybe it's auto-correct turning Moneypenny to Money penny or maybe they just don't care how they spell it. Maybe they type so fast on their keyboard for their phone or tablet or computer that even the slightest things like "story" can turn to "stroy" & and turns to "adn". Doesn't mean it's fake because "Hey, he spelled that word wrong, it's fake". I type over a hundred words a minute and I still find some spelling errors in my work from time to time, and I use spell check.

As for the plot. Again, I'm not impressed, however it dates back to March and May of this year. Presumably Logan's first draft. Looking at those notes, it's evident that the person talking about it finds several issues with it, so hopefully P&W were brought on to do more than just "punching up". At least that's what I want to make myself believe. Anything could have happened since that first draft, hopefully necessary re-writes were done. For me, Skyfall was a right step in the right direction, whereas this Leaked Spectre plot really isn't. I don't want another QOS, I want another Skyfall. Another large, epic scope, broad Bond film. I don't want to be disappointed again.

As for the leaks. If they were fake, don't you think Sony would've done something by now and said something about it? About Spectre or any of the films? They haven't. It's the same hacker(s) that put their screeners online to download and put all this information online tonight.

#88 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

Is it that horrible?

Possibly.

It's no worse than SKYFALL sounded on paper, honestly. A lot depends on execution and the details.

I agree. Some things I'm not sure about. But there are scenarios which I find largely appealing. It all depends on the execution, the details and if anything has been tweaked since.

#89 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:16 AM

PLEASE don't provide link(s) to this material, whatever its merits.

Not that anyone has yet, for which many thanks.

#90 AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:18 AM

EDITED: After reading the leaked documents I am slightly worried, and I do not care about the main plot point - but it all boils down to execution. Even if it hasn't changed maybe they'll make it work.

Edited by AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän, 11 December 2014 - 05:46 AM.