This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

The Sony leak...PLEASE do NOT provide link(s)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
317 replies to this topic

#1 KM16

KM16

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

Anyone dared read through them yet? I did...

Not pleased at all if true.

#2 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

I saw the Spiderman stuff, but I will vehemently refuse to read any Bond related spoilers from the leak. Of which, I believe is now out there.

#3 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

I'd recommend people here don't read them. They're obviously from an early stage in the process, and likely to create a broadly false impression of what's ahead.

Also, best not to link to the pages here.

#4 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

I've got all the Sony information via several forums. I HAVE read the Bond notes and could potentially confirm some things.

From what I've gathered and heard,

Spoiler

#5 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

I'd recommend people here don't read them. They're obviously from an early stage in the process, and likely to create a broadly false impression of what's ahead.

I don't plan on reading any of that stuff either.  I wouldn't know where to find it even if I did and I don't plan on searching for it.

And, also, good advice Vauxhall. 

Edited by tdalton, 10 December 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#6 KM16

KM16

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

Even with it being from early stages, the plot in general and the villains motivation (if it hasnt changed) is very disheartening. Praying it was changed.

#7 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

Even with it being from early stages, the plot in general and the villains motivation (if it hasnt changed) is very disheartening. Praying it was changed.

I'm sure it has.

#8 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

I'm sure it has.

I agree. Remember that P&W were brought back on for MAJOR rewrites that delayed the start of filming. So I'm sure that much has changed.

#9 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

I'm sure it has.

I agree. Remember that P&W were brought back on for MAJOR rewrites that delayed the start of filming. So I'm sure that much has changed.

As I look at the dates, you are correct.

Shouldn't be too much to worry about.

#10 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

Seriously. This.

#11 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

I doubt something that substantial was altered. It fits with what we generally know about the film so far. P&W's rewrites occurred per reports mostly to spruce it up, give it energy. Not to do a page one rewrite on the story.

Looking at this info, it's clear plenty *has* changed. Character names, etc. But you also see these changes taking place as you go through the leaked info, as Sony responds to the updates in the draft. Looking at the info that has the most recent character names, it still suggests that the core motivation is in place, and that the overall shape of the narrative arc has remained consistent throughout the process. Those hoping for a substantial rewrite, I suspect, will be very disappointed.

I'm not crazy about all of it, but some of it is very, very bold. Particularly the ending.

#12 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

I can't believe people would believe any leak that come out! It could be a fake draft? and why would a copy of a script will be in digital? 

#13 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

I can't believe people would believe any leak that come out! It could be a fake draft? and why would a copy of a script will be in digital? 

It's not a copy of the script. It's notes and email correspondence.

And it all matches with what we know of the film too convincingly. It's also being reported in the press as genuine (some of the info is already on CNN). There's a lot of info, though, and not any one place has all of it together.

#14 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

To avoid confusion, it's not an actual draft of the script. It's emails and notes about earlier drafts, probably by Logan.

There's also separate information about budget disputes.

#15 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:33 PM

It's emails and notes about earlier drafts, probably by Logan.

I think some of the later emails and notes likely refer to the P&W script. Particularly since the talk about the script changes from negative to glowing as the character names shift to what they are now.

#16 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

That's how we know it's all genuine....because Sam Mendes mentioned that the 007 stage is where budgets go to die.

#17 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:39 PM

I don't think any of the leak that has email correspond will be part of the script.There is just no evidence that anything that will happen is true as the idea probably really early probably just some ideas 

#18 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:43 PM

Just.
Don't.

#19 Robinson

Robinson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:04 PM

That's how we know it's all genuine....because Sam Mendes mentioned that the 007 stage is where budgets go to die.

The budget bit is what I find to be the most interesting. So much of what (and who) we see in the finished product, often falls to finances.

http://www.mi6-hq.co...09&t=mi6&s=news

Moderators can act accordingly with the link, should they find it negatively affects the spirit of these forums.

#20 KM16

KM16

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

Oh how it's all now tying together.

And just as an aside, I created this thread to get people's general (non-descriptive) reaction if they read or had not read the leaks. Wouldn't dare go into major details.

#21 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

The central conceit of that storyline is dreadful.

#22 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

To be honest, I'm not sure even having a thread for this is a good idea.

#23 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:23 PM

The budget bit is what I find to be the most interesting. So much of what (and who) we see in the finished product, often falls to finances.

My comment was only meant as a joke. I haven't (nor will I) read any of the leaked information, budget-wise or story-related.

#24 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:41 PM

The central conceit of that storyline is dreadful.

Spoiler

To be honest, I'm not sure even having a thread for this is a good idea.

I don't see the problem with it, however it people want to discuss the major aspects of the Spectre leak, then it should be done either through PM and entirely somewhere else. That's just how I feel.

#25 Marcin

Marcin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

I couldn't resist myself.

I agree... better not to discuss this unless special thread is started.

#26 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

I think the news of the Sony leak is widespread enough that some people will be having fun releasing fake "leaks" to see how far they stretch - using conceivable information to add the sense of believability  - I'd take any "leaked information" you read with a pinch of salt at the moment.

#27 KM16

KM16

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:06 PM

I think the news of the Sony leak is widespread enough that some people will be having fun releasing fake "leaks" to see how far they stretch - using conceivable information to add the sense of believability  - I'd take any "leaked information" you read with a pinch of salt at the moment.

The thing is, I believe the leaked info came out first by a few hours, followed swiftly by the CNN article about the budget... which features striking and scary similarities to certain points.

#28 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

Since it not a draft and just email..........there nothing to see here but I think some will believe these email to be true and will blast the film! 

#29 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

This thread just makes me want to watch something I know I shouldn't, please erase my memory.

#30 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

The info isn't fake. This isn't what someone would dream up if they were scamming folks. Too much weird specificity.