449 replies to this topic

#301 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:44 AM

Why would Mark Stong be doing location scouting with Craig?

#302 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:46 AM

Haven't they already filmed train scenes in Morocco?

That was my understanding, but maybe they'll reshoot them. They certainly didn't film *all* of the train stuff yet.

Thought that was just Craig and Mark Strong doing some location scouting.
An article after the press conference stated that they had quietly done some actual filming.

#303 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:05 AM

I expect these scenes will still be set in Tangier, even if they're not being filmed there. So they could probably still use that footage.

#304 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:11 AM

I expect these scenes will still be set in Tangier, even if they're not being filmed there. So they could probably still use that footage.

If they were just shooting in the city, I'd agree with you. But there's the matter of Palenque to consider. There's no place for Mayan ruins in Morocco.

#305 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:30 AM

I don't know about that. But their rule is that Bond always travels forwards. This one starts out in Mexico, as we know. So I think it's unlikely he'll be going back there in the same film.

#306 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:32 AM

Because they're old mates.

Haven't they already filmed train scenes in Morocco?

That was my understanding, but maybe they'll reshoot them. They certainly didn't film *all* of the train stuff yet.

Thought that was just Craig and Mark Strong doing some location scouting.

An article after the press conference stated that they had quietly done some actual filming.

Fair 'nuff.

#307 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:36 AM

I don't know about that. But their rule is that Bond always travels forwards. This one starts out in Mexico, as we know. So I think it's unlikely he'll be going back there in the same film.

Yes, this had occurred to me, but there's no real room for Palenque in the PTS. Maybe Palenque doubles for a different South American country?

I just can't figure out where Palenque fits if it's not
Spoiler

#308 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

Because they're old mates.

I know they're mates, but what I meant was, why would Mark Strong be location scouting for SPECTRE at all, he isn't involved in the production.

#309 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:59 AM

I just can't figure out where Palenque fits if it's not

Spoiler

Mayan temples in the middle of the Moroccan Sahara sounds a bit STARGATE.

#310 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:01 AM

I just don't buy this story.

Too many reasons to think it's false. I could be wrong, but I bet they are only filming in Mexico City, 

#311 Moneyofpropre

Moneyofpropre

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:50 AM

New photos with the helicopter :

http://www.oninstagr...6047_1337782298

http://www.oninstagr...1021_1337782298

https://gilbertobren...ef=pub-standard

Edited by Moneyofpropre, 28 March 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#312 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

This other Mexican location might be for helicopter stunt work that will be edited with the footage from Mexico City, nothing that will impact on the story.

Here is an interesting article about the opening sequence with many spoilers. 

It also says from Heather Callaw (the Spectre unit publicist)...

The helicopter is piloted by a guy called Chuck Aaron, who is a stunt pilot. He’s the only person who’s insured to do 360 flips in this helicopter in the world, so we’re doing a bit of the stunts here but kind of the bigger helicopter stuff is happening 10 hours outside the city at a lower altitude.

http://collider.com/...ce-description/

#313 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

Good catch. She makes a couple of mistakes (THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS didn't film in Mexico), but Palenque is 10 hours from Mexico City. It must be a couple of shots tacked onto the end of the sequence.

They cheated the Turkish geography a fair bit in SKYFALL, so I presume it's the same deal here.

#314 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

The helicopter sequence sounds promising. Hopefully it's as daring as Bond hanging outside the chopper in FYEO. Not the same stunt, of course, but something equally thrilling.

#315 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

Good catch. She makes a couple of mistakes (THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS didn't film in Mexico), but Palenque is 10 hours from Mexico City. It must be a couple of shots tacked onto the end of the sequence.

They cheated the Turkish geography a fair bit in SKYFALL, so I presume it's the same deal here.

Very interesting that Palenque is 10 hours from Mexico City - I'd say that seals it.

I'd say that this aerial stunt work, shot elsewhere, could also be edited in when the camera is pointed skyward, also digitally composited for the more dangerous stuff over the crowded streets.

#316 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

I saw a rather smallish article somewhere this week which said that some of the stunts are too dangerous to perform over the city and that those will be filmed in Chiapas...
While everyone's gawking at the trailer, work actually continues...  :D

image-314507-c5e942c8.jpg

image-314508-40886e67.jpg

image-314509-5098d22f.jpg

image-314510-0b15f9ec.jpg

image-314511-bb6d4e7b.jpg

image-314512-37a2c986.jpg

#317 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

Okay, that makes sense, and then they're using Mexico to fake Tangiers.

#318 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

No, they seem to be using Mexican sky to fake Mexican sky, taking it from Chiapas to over Mexico City.

#319 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

No, they seem to be using Mexican sky to fake Mexican sky, taking it from Chiapas to over Mexico City.
That's not *all* they can be doing it they're staying for 90 days.

#320 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

No, they seem to be using Mexican sky to fake Mexican sky, taking it from Chiapas to over Mexico City.

Possibly, but there is no indication that it has anything to do with Tangiers.

#321 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

Possibly, but there is no indication that it has anything to do with Tangiers.

Not sure I buy the 90 days thing. That would take them to mid-June, when filming is due to wrap. There's a whole lot still to be done in London between now and then.

#322 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

Possibly, but there is no indication that it has anything to do with Tangiers.

If they're staying for 90 days, it *has* to be Tangiers. They've filmed almost everything else.

#323 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

Not sure I buy the 90 days thing. That would take them to mid-June, when filming is due to wrap. There's a whole lot still to be done in London between now and then.

Exactly. And there will have been 3 to 4 months of set construction in Morocco for filming in June.

They have explicitly said that this is for aerial stunt work too dangerous to do over Mexico City anyway.

#324 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

Possibly, but there is no indication that it has anything to do with Tangiers.

Wouldn't be the first time a Bond film has had multiple crews working at the same time. Most of the London stuff, I'd imagine, is second unit material.

#325 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

Wouldn't be the first time a Bond film has had multiple crews working at the same time. Most of the London stuff, I'd imagine, is second unit material.

There is a massive set under construction at Pinewood on the 007 Stage for the film's climax that seems very much for the first unit.

Lot of other studio work still to be done too, from what I can tell.

Virtually none of the film's 3rd act has been shot yet.

#326 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:12 AM

We'll just have to wait and see. The 90 days report may very well be wrong.

#327 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

True.

I'm expecting lots of filming at Pinewood starting again in early April through May, then onto Morocco. 

I think it's all been organised to shoot the 3rd act last, as this is what needed the most work, as far as the script is concerned. 

#328 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

True.
I'm expecting lots of filming at Pinewood starting again in early April through May, then onto Morocco.
I think it's all been organised to shoot the 3rd act last, as this is what needed the most work, as far as the script is concerned.
Good point. There will also be a fair few central London exteriors to be done. Seems a couple of weekends in May and June have been roped off for helicopter action.

#329 Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:24 AM

True.

I'm expecting lots of filming at Pinewood starting again in early April through May, then onto Morocco. 

Must be a daunting task for Mendes and the writers & producers to rebuild the third act whilst shooting is in progress. It's a good thing that we're now in the dark again about what the finale is going to entail. Will it be a dark, low-key thriller affair, or a 21st century update of hollowed out volcanos and Liparus tankers? I'm excited to find out.

#330 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

Sky News write-up from Mexico City:
http://news.sky.com/...-in-mexico-city