http://www.theguardi...le-announcement

#452 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

You guys I am really excited. Releasing the cast of the new Bond movie... this is going to be so epic if done right.

#453 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

I've got the same excited intuitions I had just after the Skyfall press conference, so I've got faith we'll have another stellar movie. I'm also glad they took the proper time to polish up John Logan's script. Last thing we want is another rushed movie with a half-baked script ala Quantum of Solace.

#454 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:29 PM

Last thing we want is another rushed movie with a half-baked script ala Quantum of Solace.

Can't really blame anyone for that, it was around the Writers Strike which caused problems for a lot of films at the time.

#455 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

Last thing we want is another rushed movie with a half-baked script ala Quantum of Solace.

Can't really blame anyone for that, it was around the Writers Strike which caused problems for a lot of films at the time.

Quantum of Solace could have been a lot worse off, anyways...

#456 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

True..

#457 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:46 PM

This could be the teaser trailer

https://www.youtube....h?v=puFeCHzpvPM

#458 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:50 PM

Ah, awesome. 

#459 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

You owe me one new computer monitor - mine is now soaked with beer!

#460 ChrissBond007

ChrissBond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

Brilliant!

#461 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:42 PM

with all the speculation on who is Blofeld , there's always the possibility he won't be seen onscreen ....

#462 HoneyDiamond

HoneyDiamond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

I am very excited about everything we know so far about Spectre.  This is going to be some year of waiting!

#463 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:04 AM

Conversation about Bond in 2035:-

"Which one was Skyfall and which one was Spectre?"

#464 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:06 AM

If they're equally good, I'll be satisfied!

I've just rewatched the announcement, and it really was well put together. Solidly compered by Mendes, dramatic build-up, cool graphics to unveil SPECTRE, and then the cast trooping on one-by-one. Very nicely done.

Also, some fans might talk about the reveal of a new Bond film being like their birthday and Christmas rolled into one. It occurred to me that, for me, it's almost literally the case this time... the announcement came exactly halfway between my birthday and Christmas this year. Only interesting to me really, but never mind. :)

#465 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:12 AM

The planets have aligned.  SPECTRE!  Silver Aston Martin.  Blofeld.  Not to mention the Skyfall team.  One's life comes full circle.

#466 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:16 AM

If they're equally good, I'll be satisfied!

I've just rewatched the announcement, and it really was well put together. Solidly compered by Mendes, dramatic build-up, cool graphics to unveil SPECTRE, and then the cast trooping on one-by-one. Very nicely done.

Also, some fans might talk about the reveal of a new Bond film being like their birthday and Christmas rolled into one. It occurred to me that, for me, it's almost literally the case this time... the announcement came exactly halfway between my birthday and Christmas this year. Only interesting to me really, but never mind. :)

Similar for me - I turn 40 in two weeks' time! :-)

#467 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:24 AM

The planets have aligned.  SPECTRE!  Silver Aston Martin.  Blofeld.  Not to mention the Skyfall team.  One's life comes full circle.

It looks like the themes of Skyfall will be expanded on. M trying to keep the service operational, etc. Which I think is good, because these issues just don't go away overnight. Dench M did leave a legacy, and it wasn't all good. Mallory now has to deal with it, and it makes sense for Quantum or SPECTRE to exploit weaknesses.

#468 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:25 AM

Speaking of Thunderball, the last time we had back to back, single-word titles was Goldfinger to Thunderball 50 years ago.. Just a coincidence but cool to think about.

Sadly, for all its impressive features, TB wasn't a patch on GF so that'd be a concern...

However, following my earlier comment, it suddenly dawned on me in the early hours that of course Craig-era Bond is a reboot. So all this speculation about Blofeld/ Spectre/ Irma Bunt/ children etc which I've read here and added to myself is completely irrelevant. Of course they can reuse the characters, they can even link them to something that happened back in the 1960s, but it's surely more likely they'll only link it as far back as CR. It's worth recalling Dench's M in CR treated Bond as a new agent; all that 'misogynist dinosaur' stuff she spouted at Pierce Brosnan was suddenly conveniently forgotten.

If they can do SPECTRE better than OHMSS I'd be surprised, but if they can do it better than YOLT and DAF I'll be pretty happy however they link stuff together.

So now I'm hoping the writers / producers conveniently forget Bond and SPECTRE c.1962 - 1971 as it'd make more contemporary sense.

#469 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:31 AM

I haven't been able to stop watching the press announcement...very exciting and much more info was given than I was expecting. Also, and I've posted this in the "Cast Interviews" thread, both Sam Mendes and Ben Whishaw know exactly who will be doing the title song, but they aren't allowed to say for the moment.. So obviously EON is way ahead this time on title singer choice.. That should be our next big reveal for SPECTRE.. :)

#470 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:35 AM

Dave, Dove ~ Good to read you two old friends again.  I'm with you.  After a busy day at work, I only just witnessed the release of the title and cast, and car.  Rewatched several times.  Good mood-setting for the mind.

#471 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

Dave, Dove ~ Good to read you two old friends again.  I'm with you.  After a busy day at work, I only just witnessed the release of the title and cast, and car.  Rewatched several times.  Good mood-setting for the mind.

Great to see you too Bill. Like old times on here!

#472 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:57 AM

Great to see you too Bill. Like old times on here!

Considerably!  I'll be dusting off the old bourbon bottle and the 3-gold-band special blend tobacco cigarettes for this.  The thrill of observing the progress of the filming is back on, gents.

#473 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:06 AM

I'd forgotten this... Seydoux and Waltz together at the start of INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS:

19149441.jpg

#474 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:07 AM

Bill! Great to have you back again! Such exciting times indeed!! :)

#475 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:15 AM

I was at work this morning and got a text from my brother that showed that teaser poster and "SPECTRE". Needless to say I was jacked for the rest of the day.

Now that I know a little more I'm stoked we can talk a little more beyond the  speculation. I am a bit wary because of the whole "peeling back the layers" and all that and M fighting the system. Can't we just fight the bad guys without all the other baggage? Why's that not motivation enough anymore?

Ahh, who cares? Bond is coming back and we're going to have a great year talking about what could be a great addition to the Bond legacy.

#476 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:55 AM

did anyone notice the cracks from the gunshot on the poster look like tentacles ?

#477 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:01 AM

did anyone notice the cracks from the gunshot on the poster look like tentacles ?

Yep, cool reference to the old SPECTRE octopus logo. Hopefully they bring back the members' rings as well.

#478 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

so in 2015 we have a new Bond, Star Wars, Terminator, Jurrassic Park, Mad Max, Rambo...the older I get it seems that nothing  changes! :D

#479 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

Bond definitely has my main attention next year. I'm not bothered about Star Wars or Terminator, even though I'll check them out.

Edited by sharpshooter, 05 December 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#480 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:17 AM

Yep, cool reference to the old SPECTRE octopus logo. Hopefully they bring back the members' rings as well.

I'll have to dust off my replica ring if that is the case (which I'm hoping for)!