540 replies to this topic

#481 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:29 AM

It is interesting to me that Bond and those other studios are mining the past again...I have no interest in T5 but the other 70s-80s reduexs will get my dollars. I suppose that Escape from NY remake will get green lit any second now.

#482 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:30 AM

Nothing like being away for over twelve hours, signing in and seeing over 250 notifications! Thanks guys :P haha.

I literally fell asleep, with this thread open on the tab of my laptop for a couple of hours. I remember telling myself, hopefully they don't bring back Mr. White. Hours later I go on twitter, and I see that. Those that know me well on her, will know that I am not too fond of QOS and the organization known as Quantum. I felt it was cheap way of doing something along the lines of SPECTRE and the film as a whole isn't great at all. Yes it had a troubled writing process, but you can't let that be an excuse. I just believe it wasn't a good around idea to begin with (the main plot). Okay, enough QOS, back on track to Spectre.

Anyways, with Mr. White in this, they'll finally be ending the QOS story arc, or possible continuing from it. Possible theories is that Quantum is a small time organization for SPECTRE, didn't plan out well, was phased out completely, thus SPECTRE became the forefront. Something happened after QOS and during the four year gap between films ('08 - '12) Quantum dissipated, and SPECTRE is born. Mr. White could possibly be working for SPECTRE. With the "cryptic message from Bond's past" I believe that this Oberhauser character knew Bond's parents and that quite possibly SPECTRE has been around longer than Quantum. This cryptic message could possibly be from the not too far past, or rather Mr. White. Maybe Mr. White contacts Bond or vice versa and makes him aware of SPECTRE. Who knows at this point. Mr. White could be a Largo-esque character as well.

Who knows. I think there might be general idea of how this could possibly play out amongst us, with some of you gents referring back to past films, or more importantly, Fleming's works. I still think this is entirely up in the air, and that's a good thing for me. I want to be completely surprised and taken away like I was with Skyfall.

#483 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

I still hoping they tell us whatever happen to the 150 million that Mr. White stole.......wouldn't it be great if that money was recovered? I think Quantum is more in line with SMESH than SPECTRE because both Quantum/SMESH goals are profits than terrorism 

#484 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:48 AM

I'm a rare Quantum defender so this plot sounds a little too much like QOS but why not resolve that storyline and give us an appearence of Mr. White!? Quantum could be just a subsidiary of Spectre or original name of the organization(The company BLACKWATER changed it's name to dissassociate itself with bad press...etc.).

I want that storyline resolved damn it!

#485 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:52 AM

Maybe Mr. White gets dropped down a smokestack in the pretitles.

#486 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:54 AM

can we have a separate thread to talk about what origin could this version of SPECTRE be like? I don't know if they use the no 1-12 system again 

#487 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

Maybe Mr. White gets dropped down a smokestack in the pretitles.

And if that's EON's way of closing out the QOS story arc, I'll be more than happy. :P

#488 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:21 AM

Not mentioning or featuring Quantum would be the elephant in the room. I'm sure they'll address their fall and SPECTRE's rise.

#489 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:31 AM

Not mentioning or featuring Quantum would be the elephant in the room. I'm sure they'll address their fall and SPECTRE's rise.

I sure it will be a simple explanation like Quantum is dead like SMERSH is in the novel and SPECTRE is alive recruiting Quantum/SMERSH members to join their organization 

#490 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

Mr White is set to re-appear, so I think there could be more detail than we expect.

#491 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:24 AM

Wild day! SPECTRE, DB10 and the cast. Plus by the way Mr. White is returning. Information overload.

#492 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:10 AM

I'm a rare Quantum defender so this plot sounds a little too much like QOS but why not resolve that storyline and give us an appearence of Mr. White!? Quantum could be just a subsidiary of Spectre or original name of the organization(The company BLACKWATER changed it's name to dissassociate itself with bad press...etc.).

"Good to see you back here, Mr. Cabot.. Things have be awfully dull 'round here. But now that your here, I hope we're gonna have some gratuitous sex and violence!!" Lol...

#493 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

Well, now that I've gotten some rest and my sleep schedule is completely off, what better time to reflect.

Didn't get any real work done today. Keeping up with CBn, over 200 FB notifications, 100+ emails, texts and both mobile and land line (Yes, I still maintain one and yes, it is, literally, a "red" phone) ringing one after the other and granting two different interviews. Apparently, I'm some sort of "Major Bond Fan". Strange that. Only been hooked for 42 of my now 47 years and a Team member here for 11. Go figure. It's a mystery really.

Soooooo.....

WOW!

I'm thrilled. Lot's of thoughts and having finally read through all the pages and posts above, of which there'll probably be 100 more when I finally post this, to quote Bond from TLD "Let's talk 'Shop' ".  B)

First issue, as we have the next eleven months to be discussing this, my vote is that, as we are all about abbreviation, how about this: We refer to the film as...SPECTRE. There. Hell, we've all typed TMWTGG a few million times. One more letter people. Really? Also, why abbreviate a one syllable acronym.

Note to all US TV so-called "Entertainment reporters" - If one more of you dorks say "Spectray", I will drive the Jaguar right through the wall of your studio. Idiots...No...Really.

*sips Jamaican coffee* *lights cigarette from battered gunmetal case* *sighs* Ahhhh...

The title is both epic and perfect. No more speculation about what they've been up to. Also, it explains all the fuss a while back when we were a bit frantic about the notion of the script being in heavy rewrites. Seems to me that this was about the time or just shortly before the settlement with the McClory estate was announced. My theory is that they had two drafts in the works. One with SPECTRE and one without. When Eon got the rights they dusted off the ideal one and reincorporated it with what they had. Retooled the dialog and kept whatever wild action sequences were planned. Hence, we are now full circle with the rebooted Bond universe which is where SF (see, there's a simple abbreviation) ended.

The cast: I stated earlier that everyone seemed happy and relaxed. They know what they've got. The big last minute reveal was the lovely Monica and she's been overdue for a Bond film for years and she's..well...STUNNING. I'm sure it will be revealed when the PR junkets begin about how many times she was "THIS close" to being in a Bond film both by her and Michael and Barbara. For all that's been said, I can go either way on the Blofeld speculation of either her or Waltz being the big reveal. I posted an old notion that myself and our own Joyce Carrington here on CBn kicked about a few years ago of the idea that if Eon ever got the SPECTRE/Blofeld rights settled, that a female Blofeld would be cool as I always enjoyed the reintroduction of SPECTRE and twists in FSS (one of Gardner's best IMO) I think we actually outlined the scene late one night. Anyway, let's see how it plays out.

In a way, I'm reminded of the early Bond's with all of this. Back with SF, Mendes commented at one point that he felt that the last third of the film, minus some technology and hardware, could have been taking place in the 60's in terms of it's tone and vibe. After countless viewings, I concur. Having him and much of the crew back again along with a re-established "Whitehall Home Team" (loved that turn of a phrase during the announcement) made me think of FRWL. Second time around, everybody is at ease and they had a good script - although, as we know from the documentaries, it was almost a train wreck until the 11th hour - but it turned out to be one of the best. I don't think we have much to worry about here. 

The new Aston. What a beast. I'm sure the people working on the Batman/Superman flick are banging their heads against the wall and sulking Homer Simpson style: *Homer grumbling voice* "But I thought our new Batmobile was cool...Look at what 007's got...Lousy Bond producer's...Hate them sooo much." Can't wait to see what it can do. I half suspect but also fully wish that it involves something with some gadgets beyond just raw horsepower. Hell, the damn thing looked like it was doing 50mph parked on display. I've always wanted to see 007's Aston with military grade flamethrowers for some reason. C'mon...It'd be cool. *fingers crossed*

Newman back for the score works for me. I liked his work on SF. Just some more Bond theme rifts for the action cues and give us some OHMSS style stuff. I'm no musician, but I do know what I like in a score and in particular a Bond score.

Lastly, and my only plead....Gunbarrel at the beginning with Bond in a suit and not the tux.

*re-reads above*

Yeah...That about covers it for now. 

Right then...Carry on. B)

#494 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

In my opinion they should make Silva a Quantum/SPECTRE agent. Moved by Mr White, he also had personal problems with mi6. Once he fails, Blofeld and the SPECTRE take the lead of Quantum

#495 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:31 AM

Great to see you Bryce

#496 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

I have a bit of a girl crush on Monica Bellucci ..... extremely happy she's been cast..... and didn't Scarlett Papava in Devil May Care use the fake name Lucia Rossi??

As for the title, doesn't leave much to the imagination does it? Was hoping for Risico. BUT it would be amazing if Bellucci's character was Blofeld and Bond 25 focuses on her, with the title 'The Property of A Lady'

That would work, no?

Happy about them casting an openly gay actor as one of the leads. Hope it's going to break stereotypes about what roles GLBT actors should play in action films.
Luke Evans for Bond 7!

That's all.

I'd be behind that idea for Bond 25. The Property of a Lady could act as the OHMSS of this particular story arc. Then Bond 26 finishes it with Shatterhand as a more accurate adaptation of You Only Live Twice.

Andrew Scott is actually one 2 in the cast as Ben Whishaw is also gay.

('Openly gay' before being cast ..... Ben came out after Skyfall did - LOL) 

#497 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

The whole thing made me thankful that Sam Mendes is back as director. He is a mate of Daniel Craig and they have both worked on this, off and on, for 2 years. And Mendes loves James Bond. He isn't doing it for his own CV. It is great to have him up there owning the project, and being proud of it and even pulling the sheet of the car!

#498 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:00 PM

The whole thing made me thankful that Sam Mendes is back as director. He is a mate of Daniel Craig and they have both worked on this, off and on, for 2 years. And Mendes loves James Bond. He isn't doing it for his own CV. It is great to have him up there owning the project, and being proud of it and even pulling the sheet of the car!

Mendes has a reputation and he's striving to keep it. I don't see him putting out any old Bond movie. He has the runs on the board with Skyfall, and I do trust his judgement. Craig also said he's the only man for the job, so I wouldn't rule out another three year gap after SPECTRE and Mendes filming the Craig era finale.

#499 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

Mendes has a reputation and he's striving to keep it. I don't see him putting out any old Bond movie. He has the runs on the board with Skyfall, and I do trust his judgement. Craig also said he's the only man for the job, so I wouldn't rule out another three year gap after SPECTRE and Mendes filming the Craig era finale.

I agree, It would be great to have the same team back next time.

#500 occhile007

occhile007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

Is this enough confirmation? lol

http://collider.com/...antum-mr-white/

#501 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

Is this enough confirmation? lol

http://collider.com/...antum-mr-white/

It's the same source all over. If the first report is true, than it's true, if not... Not

#502 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

"Good to see you back here, Mr. Cabot.. Things have be awfully dull 'round here. But now that your here, I hope we're gonna have some gratuitous sex and violence!!" Lol...

Yep I'm back...saw harmsway hnging around...where's Loomis? ;)

#503 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

"He was last reported heading towards the border!" :D

#504 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:20 PM

Haven´t seen Loomis in ages. What about Daniel, Athena, ..., the old crew. Miss them all.

#505 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:28 PM

Great to see you Bryce

Cheers Dave and thanks.

So, I've been reading up on the cast and then thinking about their characters. Something caught my attention with Monica's characters name. I've dated and had the company of a few lovely Italian girls and the surname "Sciarra" stuck.

I think it's a subtle joke of the writers. The name is chiefly Sicilian but I found a note pertaining to it being "A nickname for a quarrelsome or litigious person (someone prone to filing lawsuits).

Hmmm....Kind of describes McClory doesn't it?

I'm reaching wildly here, but why not name the character to become Blofeld as such.

Just a weird hunch, but it could pan out. Also, it sounds like a "inside joke" of the writers. Given all the legal battles and such, it is kind of clever.

Food for thought and (inevitably) debate.

Really been enjoying everyone's posts and thoughts.

#506 Logie

Logie

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

So, I've been reading up on the cast and then thinking about their characters. Something caught my attention with Monica's characters name. I've dated and had the company of a few lovely Italian girls and the surname "Sciarra" stuck.

I think it's a subtle joke of the writers. The name is chiefly Sicilian but I found a note pertaining to it being "A nickname for a quarrelsome or litigious person (someone prone to filing lawsuits).

McClory to a T! That's very good. I like it.  :)

#507 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:04 PM

Haven´t seen Loomis in ages. What about Daniel, Athena, ..., the old crew. Miss them all.

Seen him just the other day on here. Daniel, he hasn't been here for more than 10 years. 

Athena and the rest of the old gang, they shoot in and out, sometimes more frequently, sometimes less.

#508 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Seen him just the other day on here. Daniel, he hasn't been here for more than 10 years. 

Athena and the rest of the old gang, they shoot in and out, sometimes more frequently, sometimes less.

It's nice seeing people here from years ago :D

#509 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Great to see you Bryce

Cheers Dave and thanks.

I'm reaching wildly here, but why not name the character to become Blofeld as such.

Just a weird hunch, but it could pan out. Also, it sounds like a "inside joke" of the writers. Given all the legal battles and such, it is kind of clever.

Food for thought and (inevitably) debate.

Really been enjoying everyone's posts and thoughts.

Very interesting...I'm not convinced she's gonna be Bond's lover...seems the right age to be Mrs. White (assuming he's a player)?

#510 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

It's nice seeing people here from years ago :D

It really is  :)