263 replies to this topic

#91 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

Yeah but the word "shadow" could bring continuity with Skyfall thanks to M's hearing speech

Edited by SkyfallCraig, 03 December 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#92 Pushkin

Pushkin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:52 PM

Just a guess.... but what about:

A Spectre in the Shadows

Personally, I think this would take more wordsmithing but I could see how something like that would work. The only issue would be that it would likely give Bloefeld away. If Bloefeld is in the movie, I am guessing they want to keep that under wraps as much as possible and have it emerge towards the end. While many in the Bond community would know about it, others might not (e.g., I forgot about the Moneypenny rumour when I saw Skyfall). 

#93 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

My preference:  

either "Spectre" or "Blofeld" (like "Goldfinger").

#94 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

I've been thinking, as someone else in this thread mentioned, that something like " The Spectre of Death" would be a great title.. :)

#95 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

My preference:  

either "Spectre" or "Blofeld" (like "Goldfinger").

Agreed, keep it simple.

'The Touch of Goldfinger' or 'Operation Thunderball' or 'The Moonraker Secret" are not better than keeping it to one enigmatic word. 

#96 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:38 PM

Risico, on it's own, could, like QoS, be a title that can be argued that everyday movie goers would find confusing - but maybe adding a simple Operation beforehand would help, somewhat, clear that up.

tumblr_ng0ouqU2w51rv0z1no1_400.jpg

#97 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

"Operation Risico" would the same as Skyfall here in Brazil: "007 - Operação Skyfall" (Operation Skyfall). 

#98 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

My guess is only Mendes, the producers, the writers and Daniel know the title. That's the most sure fire way to ensure that nothing leaks. As for registering a domain, I don't see why they can't simply use 007.com regardless of the actual title. Are they legally obligated to use a web address with the actual film title in it?

#99 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

I too like the sound of "The Spectre Of Death" or "Shadow Of A Spectre". However, I wonder if the word "spectre" will figure at all? I imagine the film makers might want to keep us all guessing about certain aspects of Bond 24 even after its cast is announced and it gains a proper title and I can't help thinking that short of announcing "You're absolutely right, HE'S IN IT!" a title with that seven letter word would give the game away.

And after 11 am London time tomorrow all that we have been spect.... sorry speculating about will have been either proved correct or staggeringly inaccurate.

#100 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

My guess is only Mendes, the producers, the writers and Daniel know the title. That's the most sure fire way to ensure that nothing leaks.

... and the graphic designers who produce the logo for the announcement, the press department who produce the press releases, the lawyers who have to search to make sure the name hasn't been used previously and may potentially have copyright issues - there will be quite a few people who know the title right now. But they'll be people who the producers know they can trust.

#101 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

My guess is only Mendes, the producers, the writers and Daniel know the title. That's the most sure fire way to ensure that nothing leaks.

... and the graphic designers who produce the logo for the announcement, the press department who produce the press releases, the lawyers who have to search to make sure the name hasn't been used previously and may potentially have copyright issues - there will be quite a few people who know the title right now. But they'll be people who the producers know they can trust.

Yeah kinda forgot about those people...

#102 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

Sorry Matt_13, I over think things. looking forward to tomorrow morning - I'll be glued to my laptop :D

#103 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

Are they legally obligated to use a web address with the actual film title in it?

No, certainly not. But they'll want to avoid any misuse of the movie title, and that's why they have to ensure that they get hold of any related web address they can get their hands on.

#104 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

I seem to remember a particular firm that buys these titles for the studios, and it was looking at their recent acquisitions that leaked previous film titles from Bond and other film series - have these guys been active recently? 

#105 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:11 PM

I like THRILLING CITIES and SPECTRE.

#106 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

Film critic Mark Eccleston says he's heard the title will be "short and punchy". Might just be churning out SPECTRE rumours though.

#107 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

I'm hoping for a more refreshing title than SPECTRE. It is way too blatant for my liking. I prefer the enigmatic titles that keep fans guessing as to how it will tie in with the film. I find the more interesting and unique the better almost... I'd prefer the franchise to use a three or four word title this time around. Just to break things up, create a buzz, and muster some interest and have it stand out from titles of recent years. Besides, we Just got a "punchy", one word title two years ago...

Like others here have said, I too hope the title ends up being nothing previously mentioned.

#108 the man with the BB gun

the man with the BB gun

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:46 PM

I've thought of some less daft titles;

Risico

the nature of evil

Short Change Hero

A long line of dead men

Across the blood red skies

Blood in the water

#109 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Film critic Mark Eccleston says he's heard the title will be "short and punchy". Might just be churning out SPECTRE rumours though.

At this stage, I'm bracing myself for Spectre. 

#110 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:04 AM

I'm hoping for a more refreshing title than SPECTRE. It is way too blatant for my liking. I prefer the enigmatic titles that keep fans guessing as to how it will tie in with the film. I find the more interesting and unique the better almost... I'd prefer the franchise to use a three or four word title this time around. Just to break things up, create a buzz, and muster some interest and have it stand out from titles of recent years. Besides, we Just got a "punchy", one word title two years ago...

Like others here have said, I too hope the title ends up being nothing previously mentioned.

Agreed. 

SPECTRE is a terrible title.

#111 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:06 AM

Anyone else feel like you tire of the film's number really quickly? For about 2 weeks, "Bond 24" was exciting and wow, the 24th film... but now it feels like we've been talking about it for ever. 25 is much more interesting. :P

#112 Animal Clans

Animal Clans

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

If it wound up being Operation Risico, it would probably be stylized like this:

OPERATION

RISICO

#113 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

Anyone else feel like you tire of the film's number really quickly? For about 2 weeks, "Bond 24" was exciting and wow, the 24th film... but now it feels like we've been talking about it for ever. 25 is much more interesting. :P

25? Pssh, I'm already looking ahead to Bond 27 and the 60th anniversary.

#114 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

If it was a choice between Operation Risico or just Risico, I'd definitely pick the latter.

#115 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:20 AM

Is it too late to start a pool ...?

I think the odds of it being SPECTRE are about even at this point...

Edited by dtuba, 04 December 2014 - 01:22 AM.

#116 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:24 AM

Risico sounds better. I don't like the Operation prefix.

Is it too late to start a pool ...?

I'm not too fond of the title, but I think it's pretty well known that it's going to be Spectre. I'll be shocked if it isn't.

#117 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:26 AM

I commend the Bond filmmakers from keeping the title to be leaked from the hands of Kim Jong-un. He is sketchy that one.

#118 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

But even then, we don't really have any proof other than some message board person said so.

#119 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:39 AM

If it is SPECTRE or RISICO, it would mark the first time we've gotten consecutive one-word titles since the mid-60s. 

#120 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

If it is SPECTRE or RISICO, it would mark the first time we've gotten consecutive one-word titles since the mid-60s. 

If it's Spectre I won't make a fuss, but I think Risico would work better after Skyfall - if it's between those two, that is. A one word title but more different sounding and without the flow of Skyfall, Spectre.

Edited by sharpshooter, 04 December 2014 - 01:43 AM.