#121 Commander E

Commander E

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

To be shot in 70mm.

Very unlikely.

Unless by some fluke Christopher Nolan directs...

Or Paul Thomas Anderson.

It doesn't even have to be 70mm, as long as it's film. Still unlikely though, especially if Mendes and Deakins return.

#122 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

To be shot in 70mm.

Very unlikely.

Unless by some fluke Christopher Nolan directs...

Or Paul Thomas Anderson.

It doesn't even have to be 70mm, as long as it's film. Still unlikely though, especially if Mendes and Deakins return.

70mm would be nifty and cool, but I'm fine with Digital.

#123 occhile007

occhile007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Let's talk about the villian a little more. It sounds like the consensus is that Bond needs a villian that he can go toe-to-toe with. What if, and just hear me out, there was a villian who gives him, pardon the expression, a good "beat down." Has James Bond ever had a villian who physically kicked his a##? Sure he's been shot, had his _______ scratched by LeChiffe and had dislocated his collar bone, but what if he was like critically injured in a fight with the villian.

OR

What if the writers go in the direction of a female villian? Has it been done before? Yes...with Elektra King, however, I think that they only tipped the iceberg on what could have been. What about a Bond girl who was a terrorist?

OR

I'll throw this one totally out of left field...Bond began to train an agent, and the agent goes bad. And what if it was a female agent?

Too many possibilities and looking back mine probably suck so I do apologize. But let's see something that is more original. Just not Bond in Space or versus a satellite. Good day to everyone.

#124 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Let's talk about the villian a little more. It sounds like the consensus is that Bond needs a villian that he can go toe-to-toe with. What if, and just hear me out, there was a villian who gives him, pardon the expression, a good "beat down." Has James Bond ever had a villian who physically kicked his a##? Sure he's been shot, had his _______ scratched by LeChiffe and had dislocated his collar bone, but what if he was like critically injured in a fight with the villian.

OR

What if the writers go in the direction of a female villian? Has it been done before? Yes...with Elektra King, however, I think that they only tipped the iceberg on what could have been. What about a Bond girl who was a terrorist?

OR

I'll throw this one totally out of left field...Bond began to train an agent, and the agent goes bad. And what if it was a female agent?

Too many possibilities and looking back mine probably suck so I do apologize. But let's see something that is more original. Just not Bond in Space or versus a satellite. Good day to everyone.

I think that your ideas are pretty good.

One thing that I wouldn't mind seeing would be to actually have a combination of your first two ideas.  Having a female villain who could herself go toe-to-toe with Bond and maybe even critically injure him in a fight.

#125 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

I like the idea of a female villain, if done right though.

#126 from kevin with love

from kevin with love

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

I would certainly like to see another quality film like QOS,,,not skyfall,very dissapointed with the "wooden" slow dilogue of Daniel Craig and the predictable slow action sequences ,id like to see somthing that ran with the modern but 60s feel to the first 2 films.

#127 occhile007

occhile007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Alright, let's get into what we would like to see in a female villianeous. One around Bond's age, a terrorist or a "Man with the Golden Gun type" if you may. Like she is out to get Bond. What if she had a terror plot and Bond tried to diffuse it, and she kicks his a##, and he gets left in the explosion...??? Maybe too much like Skyfall's intro i guess.

OR

What if there is a "Red Grant" type who is brought in to kill 007. And...this "Red Grant' type gets into a dam good fight with Bond. And Bond loses... The writers could pull of a way better verison of the Bane vs. The Dark Knight...and make it into Grant vs. Bond. Friday night fight...lol.

OR

What if they are going down the Blofeld route, but more modern themed. There has always been speculation that the John Logan would like to re-introduce the character but in the Daniel Craig world. Just a fun old fashioned...Blofeld steals a weapon of mass destruction, Bond's mission is recover it...two hot Bond girls, one could even be a villaneous, one lives, exotic locations, an aston martin, a few martinis, and the weapon is recovered...BOOM!!!  

Well per Ben Whisshaw, Bond 24 will show this year. So whatever they are going to come up with, they have to come up with it fast. 

**I apologize for my rant/soap box, but I've been watching a lot of CR and SF the last couple weeks.

#128 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Bond undercover for the entire movie expect for the debriefing and work with Leiter 

#129 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

I would certainly like to see another quality film like QOS,,,not skyfall,very dissapointed with the "wooden" slow dilogue of Daniel Craig and the predictable slow action sequences ,id like to see somthing that ran with the modern but 60s feel to the first 2 films.

If you want to express you're disappointment with the film You're in the wrong neighbourhood, cbn absolutely adores it and will not accept its shortcomings. Everyone has the same opinion around here and any deviation in opinion is not looked upon very kindly. Might I suggest you check out some of the other sites If you want a more open discussion .

#130 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

What if I told you I loved Skyfall and hated QOS, and still not have the idea of what happened in that movie?

#131 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

What if I told you I loved Skyfall and hated QOS, and still not have the idea of what happened in that movie?

I rather have the slow pace Skyfall than fast pace QOS! Gues FKWL hate Dr.NO, FRWL, Goldfinger, Thunderball, all which all  are slow..........I guessing not everyone like slow pace movie!!!!! 

#132 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

I rather have the slow pace Skyfall than fast pace QOS! Gues FKWL hate Dr.NO, FRWL, Goldfinger, Thunderball, all which all  are slow..........I guessing not everyone like slow pace movie!!!!! 

One can like Dr. No  and From Russia With Love and still find fault or dislike Skyfall on the basis that it's too slow. 

#133 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

OR

OR

I think that your ideas are pretty good.

One thing that I wouldn't mind seeing would be to actually have a combination of your first two ideas.  Having a female villain who could herself go toe-to-toe with Bond and maybe even critically injure him in a fight.

So basically, Xenia as the main villain? I'd be completely fine with that.

#134 AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

The card game from the Moonraker novel. Mallory seems like a character who might belong to a high society gentlemens club such as Blades.

Edited by AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän, 04 March 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#135 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

If you want to express you're disappointment with the film You're in the wrong neighbourhood, cbn absolutely adores it and will not accept its shortcomings. Everyone has the same opinion around here and any deviation in opinion is not looked upon very kindly.

Yes because that's exactly what happened.

Edited by JimmyBond, 04 March 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#136 lazenbyland

lazenbyland

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

The card game from the Moonraker novel. Mallory seems like a character who might belong to a high society gentlemens club such as Blades.

It was excellent in the book, but it would have to be a game different than bridge and not copy the game in CR. Of course, remember Bond was actuallly cheating in MR.

I'd love to see some dialogue like GF where Bond seems to have a sneaking admiration for the villain's plans. "My apologies Goldfinger.It's an inspired scheme!" Or in OHMSS where Bond tries to ridicule Blofeld's plans.

#137 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

I like to see Bond smoke but only as part of a undercover mission and Q give him a exploding lighter as a get away weapon. 

#138 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

If you want to express you're disappointment with the film You're in the wrong neighbourhood, cbn absolutely adores it and will not accept its shortcomings. Everyone has the same opinion around here and any deviation in opinion is not looked upon very kindly.

Since I mentioned it , people abstained from it. Every other thread is the same, unlike the other Bond sites.

I like to see Bond smoke but only as part of a undercover mission and Q give him a exploding lighter as a get away weapon. 

The last time Bond smoked a cigarette was in the 60's if I am not mistaken

#139 lechero

lechero

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Since I mentioned it , people abstained from it. Every other thread is the same, unlike the other Bond sites.

>I like to see Bond smoke but only as part of a undercover mission and Q give him a exploding lighter as a get away weapon. 

Dalton lit up during the safehouse scene in TLD. Brosnan smoked a cigar during the Cuba sequence in DAD.

#140 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

>I like to see Bond smoke but only as part of a undercover mission and Q give him a exploding lighter as a get away weapon. 

Dalton lit up during the safehouse scene in TLD. Brosnan smoked a cigar during the Cuba sequence in DAD.

I remember the cigar from TND, I didn't consider that since it was a 'cigar' .

I am talking about constant smoking like how it was in Dr.No and some others.

#141 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Bond smoked quite a bit in Licence to Kill. So much so that they had to slap a "Surgeon General's Warning" on the end credits.

#142 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

http://www.empireonl...y.asp?NID=36712

Sam Mendes isn't returning! That's one item on my wish-list checked. (although I must be prepared to eat my fist if they choose the wrong director)

#143 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

In what way do you think Sam Mendes wasn't a good director?  ^

#144 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

probably because the lack of action in Skyfall.............fail DR.No FRWL, Goldfinger, thunderball action was not much either Bond should NOT be all action and there will no plot that is like so many movie with the Bronsan era......all action not plot not Bond boring

#145 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

probably because the lack of action in Skyfall.............fail DR.No FRWL, Goldfinger, thunderball action was not much either Bond should NOT be all action and there will no plot that is like so many movie with the Bronsan era......all action not plot not Bond boring

Well said.

#146 Commander E

Commander E

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

Well, with Mendes gone, hopefully a cinematographer who's as good as Deakins. I'm excited with the possibility they'll get back to film in this next one. :)

#147 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Well, with Mendes gone, hopefully a cinematographer who's as good as Deakins.I'm excited with the possibility they'll get back to film in this next one. :)

Exactly I really do hope they return to film .

#148 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

The difference of film and digital isn't even that big of a deal. Mendes and Deakins chose Digital. Not that big of a deal, considering more and more films are being shot digitally.

#149 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

a potrait of M would be nice......(judi of course)

#150 Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Do you think Bond 24 will be in 3D ? I don't hope so.