This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who do you want to play future Bond villains?

201 replies to this topic

#61 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Christoph Waltz would be great as a villain. His performance in Inglourious Basterds made the film!

#62 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

He'd be brilliant. I could easily see him as an assassin or a scheming Koskov type.

#63 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

I have thought about him for a while, and I agree with both of you. It's amazing how one movie can propel someone.

#64 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

He would be such a good villain, I can picture him right now.

#65 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Its been a while since Bond got a "Take over the World" Kind of villain,
How about Mcaulay Culkin trying To take over the entire heroin supply of the World.

#66 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Its been a while since Bond got a "Take over the World" Kind of villain,
How about Mcaulay Culkin trying To take over the entire heroin supply of the World.

Someone's been reading too many tabloids :D

#67 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Haha
I mean look at him
http://i.telegraph.c...ay_2134207b.jpg

Even his hair outmatches Bardem's, He will be the best villain yet !

#68 bey-columbo

bey-columbo

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds, Carnage, Django Unchained)

Christoph Waltz would be great as a villain. His performance in Inglourious Basterds made the film!

Of course, he could be brillant as well.

#69 QuantumOfRoyale

QuantumOfRoyale

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

I've been intrigued with the idea of the villain being an anti-Bond.

I think Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender, or, yes, even Benedict Cumberbatch could pull that off rather nicely.

Or perhaps Clive Owen as a contemporary Scaramanga-type character?

#70 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Clive Owen lacks all of Christopher Lee's upper-class swagger and didgeridoo vocal cords. Benedict Cumberbatch is a better fit for a gentleman criminal. But I could easily see Clive Owen as a smuggler, drug boss, mercenary, or professional gambler. I could also imagine him as somebody's head of security, a la Scarpine or Davidov.

#71 QuantumOfRoyale

QuantumOfRoyale

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Clive Owen lacks all of Christopher Lee's upper-class swagger and didgeridoo vocal cords. Benedict Cumberbatch is a better fit for a gentleman criminal. But I could easily see Clive Owen as a smuggler, drug boss, mercenary, or professional gambler. I could also imagine him as somebody's head of security, a la Scarpine or Davidov.

I should have specified. I meant a Scaramanga-LIKE character: a mercenary / expert marksman, and a sort of dark reflection of Craig Bond.

#72 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

I could definitely see Owen as an anti-Craig. If they wanted to be really cute about it, he could play a character who almost became a 00-agent, but was rejected, and decided to use his talents for criminal purposes.

#73 QuantumOfRoyale

QuantumOfRoyale

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

I could definitely see Owen as an anti-Craig. If they wanted to be really cute about it, he could play a character who almost became a 00-agent, but was rejected, and decided to use his talents for criminal purposes.

It sounds like, from what interviews I've read, that's the type of character Cumberbatch wants to play.

Sort of like Trevelyan. Or, as he put it, "Bond's brother".

#74 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Haven't we had enough villains with grudges against Bond, M or MI6?

#75 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

I don't know about y'all, but I've had enough of that. It's a joyless and unambitious sort of villainy. I want a villain who has a positive goal that he works passionately to achieve. His hatred for Bond should not proceed from an ancient injury that has to be spelled out in exposition. It should come from the immediate threat that Bond poses to his life's ambition. Enough of this Monte Cristo soap opera crap. It's far more galling to be on the brink of achievement and have it derailed by a smirking British bastard.

#76 bey-columbo

bey-columbo

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Guy Pearce (Peter Weyland in Prometheus, he's got something of Gustav Graves...)

Robert Carlyle once again, and better than Renard !

And why not .... ?

John Hurt (the dictator in V for Vendetta)

Stellan Skarsgard (swedish, he faces Daniel Craig in Fincher's Millenium)

(I had read a post on YouTube saying that Connery, Brosnan and Craig were the three bests ever and proposing a Bond movie with the three both ! In this case, I imagined Craig as Bond of course, Brosnan as M... and Connery as the villain.)

#77 kerimgrant

kerimgrant

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

Patrick Stewart- I know he's a bit overexposed as an heroic figure in the X Men and Star Trek movies but I saw him as Macbeth at the Brooklyn Academy of Music a few years ago and he was scary.

Edgard Ramirez- Riveting and the essence of evil as Carlos the Jackal in the miniseries/movie "Carlos". After Bardem, maybe we'll finally get a Latin American villain (Davi did a great accent but is not Latino, and Benicio Del Toro only played a henchman). Come to think of it Benicio might be worth considering...he was great in LTK.

Bruno Ganz

Tim Roth

#78 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Patrick Stewart- I know he's a bit overexposed as an heroic figure in the X Men and Star Trek movies but I saw him as Macbeth at the Brooklyn Academy of Music a few years ago and he was scary.

Welcome my friend, I also had the good fortune of seeing Patrickt Stewart at BAM. And I agree with the proper screenplay he would make an excellent bond villain

#79 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

huh Guy Pierce is an interesting choice.

#80 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

Welcome my friend, I also had the good fortune of seeing Patrickt Stewart at BAM. And I agree with the proper screenplay he would make an excellent bond villain

Another vote for Patrick Stewart. I can't quite picture what sort of villain he would play, but I know he'd be great. I wonder if he's ever been approached by Eon.

#81 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

Another vote for Patrick Stewart. I can't quite picture what sort of villain he would play, but I know he'd be great. I wonder if he's ever been approached by Eon.

Patrick Stewart would be a great choice, I believe they we considering him for the villain in 'A Good Day To Die Hard.' He would be a great choice to bring back Blofeld too.

#82 QuantumOfRoyale

QuantumOfRoyale

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Patrick Stewart would be a great choice, I believe they we considering him for the villain in 'A Good Day To Die Hard.' He would be a great choice to bring back Blofeld too.

Apparently he's rumored to play a Russian General in that movie. I can see him playing that sort of Bond villain: disgraced Soviet and all that...

#83 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

I'm interested in Guy Pearce as a villain.

#84 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Christoph Waltz is certainly an excellent choice.

What about Liam Neeson? Would go counter-character for once - instead of playing brutal good guys, he could star as the brutal bad guy who takes on Bond man-to-man instead of letting henchmen do the dirty work.

#85 Redneck007

Redneck007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Michael Fassbender would be an exceptional choice. Seeing him and Craig's Bond go toe-to-toe would be must watch.

#86 Tony_OO_Black

Tony_OO_Black

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

I would say Mark Strong, but he's a bit overdone as a villain now. Give him a few years rest he'd make a great, nasty nemesis for Craig's Bond.

#87 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

I think Thomas Kretschmann

#88 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

I've come across an interesting comment from Simon Hoggart, a senior columnist of "The Guardian" newspaper, in Saturday's edition. I don't know if his tongue is in his cheek, but:-

"I saw the new Bond film, Skyfall, at the weekend....... and I think I've spotted the baddie for Bond film 24, and I'd be interested to know if you suspect him (or her) too."

I wonder who he's getting at? I've suggested a particular idea for a villain elsewhere on this site, which hasn't met with universal approval, understandably. I wonder if Simon Hoggart was thinking along similar lines? I just hope he's wrong.

#89 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

I think Thomas Kretschmann

He'd make a good, interesting villain

I would say Mark Strong, but he's a bit overdone as a villain now. Give him a few years rest he'd make a great, nasty nemesis for Craig's Bond.

He plays a great villain in his films, but I agree, he is overdone as a villain.

#90 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I also like Christoph Waltz. Likeable and scary at the same time.