This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who do you want for Bond 7? * POLL ADDED*

4014 replies to this topic

Poll: In lieu of proper news, let's have an opinion...

Do you think Daniel Craig will return for BOND 25?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Now that's out of the way, do you WANT Daniel Craig to return as Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Suppose Daniel Craig will be back as 007, for how many films would you wish to see him back?

Should Daniel Craig not return as James Bond, would you want the current timeline continued?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#841 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hardy is the guy.

Yep. I heard they are recasting Mini-Me.

The character of Mini-Me is from the Austin Powers franchise, and Tom Hardy is more than double the height of Verne Troyer. Just in case there was any confusion. Alternatively, I guess it might have been an attempted joke.

#842 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

I don't live and die by whether you approve or disregard my words.

No, but your forum membership will live and die by your attitude towards other members.

Let´s all grow as human beings, shall we?

#843 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

As much as he could do an intriguing job, I don't think Tom Hardy will ever do Bond. Just a hunch...

THANK YOU LORD!

It's comments like this that make me disregard everything you have to say. You treat one person supporting you as a total victory, as if your opinion is has been proven right. Here's the thing about opinions: they're called opinions for a reason - they are not fact. And so long as you act as if your opinion is fact, you are not endearing yourself to anyone. I'm willing to debate the relative merits of various actors with you, but so long as you keep acting as if you are the man with one eye in the land of the blind, nothing you have to say holds and weight with me. You evidently can't respect the idea that other people have their own opinions, and you're treating everyone who disagrees with you as if they are idiots because of it.

1- I didn't see ZI's comment as support for me or a victory. You saw it that way. Maybe you see unicorns in clouds too.

2- I don't live and die by whether you approve or disregard my words. I find your post about it kind of self centered.

3- I have discussed the merits of my opinion up and down this thread, but you are so wrapped up in your love for Hardy that you are blind to it.

4- Tom Hardy IS TOTALLY NOT JAMES BOND! There are others who are far closer to the whole image that is Bond, some of whom have already been suggested in this very thread.

Hardy is the guy.

Yep. I heard they are recasting Mini-Me.

Zorin will not have the company name used in such a manner.

For the record, Tom Hardy would make a great Bond. The camera loves him, the guys want to be him, the girls want to [censored] him, some boys want to take him home to meet mother and he is a solid actor. But there are other things that affect a decision like this and for that reason I think Mr Hardy will not be Bond.

#844 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:59 AM

I don't live and die by whether you approve or disregard my words.

No, but your forum membership will live and die by your attitude towards other members.

If not for your incessant promoting of Tom Hardy this would be the most laughable posts you've ever made here. If you saw insult or disrespect in any of my posts then you confirm my earlier guess that you see unicorns in clouds. WOW!

#845 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

TOM HARDY for 007

#846 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

This is fun but... no.

If Tom Hardy were the next Bond I would stop being a fan.

#847 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

This is fun but... no.

This is fun but... no.

Could easily happen really could and i would'nt be surprised.

#848 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

(1) I doubt if Hardy's "hotness" will persist until they're ready to recast Bond. He'll be forty in 2017. (2) He's rather low-rent and tacky. From the perspective of good taste, it would be a distinct step down. (3) He looks like a fish.

#849 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

(1) I doubt if Hardy's "hotness" will persist until they're ready to recast Bond. He'll be forty in 2017. (2) He's rather low-rent and tacky. From the perspective of good taste, it would be a distinct step down. (3) He looks like a fish.

ROFL..... #3 is a direct hit on the nail.

#850 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Well you never know could be Hardy could be anyone but i suggest not to worry to much about it the producers will pick who they feel can best play the role for the times and between now and 2017 anything could happen. We could be at war with Iran and 007 be last thing on our minds gents.

#851 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

This is fun but... no.

This is fun but... no.

Could easily happen really could and i would'nt be surprised.

Is that you, Tom?

#852 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Oh yeah Tom is here

#853 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

It's funny to watch all the comments about Tom Hardy. I personally think he'd be an awful choice, and I doubt they would look his way after he comes out of TDKR looking like he'll be the next Mr. Olympia, just saying....even though people can slim down afterwards. He'd be too old anyway providing Craig stay on awhile

Edited by mttvolcano, 17 March 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#854 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Clint Howard as James Bond...

#855 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Clint Howard as James Bond...

...would be a cold day in hell

#856 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

Saw Haywire, Fassbender playing Bond again, and he does it brilliantly. It´s actually a sort of twist on the Bond/Vesper hotel situation and dinner. The guy changes from grin faced mi6 smooth operative to hard edged cold brutal maniac in a split second. Anyway, still the only guy I can see playing Bond besides Craig.

Posted Image

#857 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

It's funny to watch all the comments about Tom Hardy. I personally think he'd be an awful choice, and I doubt they would look his way after he comes out of TDKR looking like he'll be the next Mr. Olympia, just saying....even though people can slim down afterwards. He'd be too old anyway providing Craig stay on awhile

Well you never know and its not as though your going to stop watching Bond films if Hardy becomes Bond.

#858 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Well you never know and its not as though your going to stop watching Bond films if Hardy becomes Bond.

I for one probably will. I hate to keep seeing my (Connery) Bond gradually reduced to a sideshow.

My fear is that Babbs might fall in lust with another ugly puss candidate for Bond. Tom Hardy, anyone? Someone should grab the reigns from her. Bond is in danger of getting progressively uglier and shorter. Next: Vern Troyer as 007. :(

Edited by Frankie, 21 March 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#859 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Saw Haywire, Fassbender playing Bond again, and he does it brilliantly. It´s actually a sort of twist on the Bond/Vesper hotel situation and dinner. The guy changes from grin faced mi6 smooth operative to hard edged cold brutal maniac in a split second. Anyway, still the only guy I can see playing Bond besides Craig.

Posted Image

He surely would be an ideal candidate.

#860 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

Posted Image

He surely would be an ideal candidate.

He would be an ideal candidate, and of the names currently being bandied about by Bond fans and the media as to who should replace Daniel Craig when he is done with the role, Fassbender would certainly be my top choice of the known quantities.

With that said, I think I'd prefer them going the Daniel Craig route and find someone who we don't know of right now, someone that comes completely out of left field that we really didn't see coming.

#861 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Fassbender is 34 years old. I don't see it happening. As far as I'm concerned Daniel Craig will be Bond for another 10 years. Fassbender will be to old by then IMO.

#862 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Fassbender would be too old, true.

But even though I would love Craig to be Bond for another decade I doubt that he will be.

#863 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Craig will continue at least until 2018. I can't imagine why he'd leave the role while he's still in his forties. If everything works out, he could do four more (2014, 2016, 2018, 2020). The natural time to change the guard is circa 2020, such that the next Bond's debut would fall on the sixtieth anniversary.

#864 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

6 Bonds and 60 years just sounds to good to me.

#865 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

If we assume that Craig's successor will be cast around 2020, then he will probably have been born between 1980 and 1990. Here's a name I don't recall being mentioned in this thread.

Posted Image

Max Brown. Born 1981 in Ilkey, Yorkshire. Active in film and TV since 2002. On paper, he seems like exactly the sort of person who would be cast in the role of Bond : a tall (6' 2"), moderately well-known English actor with about a decade and a half of credits under his belt. Cruel mouth, check. Darkish hair, check. Close-set carnivorous eyes, check. And he has a good name for a Bond actor.

He's been mentioned before, but my favorite is still Rupert Friend.

Posted Image

Born 1981 in Oxfordshire. Active in films since 2004. 6' 1". I hope the producers consider him. He looks about as much like my mental image of James Bond as any actor ever has.

#866 Killmaster

Killmaster

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

I've never heard of either, but Max Brown certainly appears to have that dark, dangerous look, much like Connery, Dalton, or Brosnan.

#867 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

I've never heard of either, but Max Brown certainly appears to have that dark, dangerous look, much like Connery, Dalton, or Brosnan.

I could be totally on board with Brown. I just hope he does not have a high speaking voice. But judging by that pic, he is the closest to a Bond that everybody will like.

#868 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:09 AM

I could be totally on board with Brown. I just hope he does not have a high speaking voice. But judging by that pic, he is the closest to a Bond that everybody will like.

Thank you for deciding that for me; it's saved me a lot of trouble.

You are very useful - you wouldn't know where I've left my keys would you?

#869 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

Jim responds on a topic, I look just to see the witticisms.

As for Max Brown, NOPE! He was really good at side-smirking in Spooks and while he doesn't have a high pitched voice, his acting range is quite limited in my opinion. I will concede though Spooks doesn't really require obscene amounts of depth in their characters.

#870 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

I merely mentioned my opinion. A fact that obviously was lost with you. But judging by your posts in general many facts seem to get lost with you. So, par for the course.

Jim responds on a topic, I look just to see the witticisms.

As for Max Brown, NOPE! He was really good at side-smirking in Spooks and while he doesn't have a high pitched voice, his acting range is quite limited in my opinion. I will concede though Spooks doesn't really require obscene amounts of depth in their characters.

He was good enough to be in Tudors. Once again I remind you folks: Portraying James Bond DOES NOT require a great acting range!