This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who do you want for Bond 7? * POLL ADDED*

4014 replies to this topic

Poll: In lieu of proper news, let's have an opinion...

Do you think Daniel Craig will return for BOND 25?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Now that's out of the way, do you WANT Daniel Craig to return as Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Suppose Daniel Craig will be back as 007, for how many films would you wish to see him back?

Should Daniel Craig not return as James Bond, would you want the current timeline continued?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#601 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

I'm not sure where you got the information that Rupert Everett was a "distinct Bond possibility", but unless it came from EON, I would doubt it.

I read it somewhere after he came out of the closet.

Hemsworth is a possibility. Apparently he's a pretty good actor according to the Thor reviews (only seen him in Star Trek so far, where I thought he did a good job), and he's Australian:

Posted Image

I've had my eye on Chris Hemsworth as a Bond candidate ever since I saw him play Jim Kirk's father in Star Trek last year. I could certainly accept him as Bond (though I still would have him dye his hair darker for the role). At 6'3" he certainly has the Conneryesc physical stature too. The pic you posted attests to him being a viable possibility. Here's an even better pic to support this:

Posted Image

#602 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:06 AM

Only problem with Hemsworth is his looks; if he could just be a bit more good-looking he'd probably be a lock for the job.

Come on dude. He is waaaay better looking than Craig.

#603 Emma

Emma

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

Good grief! I was going to come on here and throw out Hemmsworth's name after watching him in Thor yesterday, half expecting to be laughed at by you all. But I guess other people were impressed by his performance as well. I'm still rooting for Andy Whitfield (if he recovers from cancer) to be Bond. But Chris Hemmsworth is a close second.

#604 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:37 AM

I brushed up the tux photo -- gave him a shave and darkened the hair:

Posted Image

Could work, I guess. But for some reason he doesn't scream BOND.

Then again neither did Daniel in 2005......

#605 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:28 AM

I dont see it. The guy was a great Thor, but absolutely nothing about says Bond to me.

#606 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:04 AM

Kind of reminds me a bit of Sean Bean actually. That was the vibe I got from the photos. I immediately thought "006" rather than Bond.

#607 d21089

d21089

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

please not chris hemsworth... please... i still want to watch james bond and not think of home and away the whole time... also he's a hell of a step down from daniel craig- henry cavill would have been good but hes superman now so that wont happen- fassbender could work- left of centre idea... ben whishaw Posted Image

#608 Cornbread17

Cornbread17

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

How bout Colin Salmon. I mean we need a black Bond at some point. No, do not dye his hair blonde ala Simon Phoenix, but make him intense.

Maybe an American could do it?

Lets just hope Robert Pattinson wont be picked! EEEEEEKKKKKK!

What if they got one of the children of Bond actors (Brosnan's double in GE was his son) could do it?

#609 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

How bout Colin Salmon. I mean we need a black Bond at some point. No, do not dye his hair blonde ala Simon Phoenix, but make him intense.

What if they got one of the children of Bond actors (Brosnan's double in GE was his son) could do it?

I don't know why you're convinced we 'need' a black James Bond at some point. There's absolutely no need to change the race of a character as iconic as 007.

And casting any of the previous Bond's children as the new 007 would automatically come across as both lazy and/or a cheap publicity gimmick.

#610 d21089

d21089

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:55 AM

also iwan rheon could be good
Posted Image

#611 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

And yes there were gay scenes that Craig had before but they came out late in the process and I bet EON could not back down. OR, as we all now know Babs was hell bent on getting her dream boy Craig anyway.

Craig was playing gay as early as the late nineties, many years before Royale hit pre production. I would imagine Craig's versatility as an actor was a big advantage for him when he was considered for CR.

#612 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image

Oh please! Really?!! Does anyone remotely cite this guy as vaguely appropriate?!!

#613 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

please not chris hemsworth... please... i still want to watch james bond and not think of home and away the whole time... also he's a hell of a step down from daniel craig- henry cavill would have been good but hes superman now so that wont happen- fassbender could work- left of centre idea... ben whishaw Posted Image

Please tell me you are joking. You dismiss rugged and handsome enough Chris Hemsworth for this wimp? Where do you see "James Bond" in Whishaw's photo that yo posted?!!!

WOW!

I don't know why you're convinced we 'need' a black James Bond at some point. There's absolutely no need to change the race of a character as iconic as 007.

Methinks he was being sarcastic.

I would imagine Craig's versatility as an actor was a big advantage for him when he was considered for CR.

That or Ms Broccoli's obsession about seeing DC's mantool in the torture seen.

I would have no problem with EON expanding the Bond universe, as I have so often suggested, and create a spin-off series of films with other 00-agents, of which could be black, female, Asian....or even 4' tall with brown skin and green hair.

That has always been an idea in my head too ever since I saw Craig in CR. He handled the role of an in experienced agent well, but to this day I struggle to see him as James Bond. So my question was why not have Craig as say agent Julius Brand ( ;) )003 or 009?

Posted Image

Oh please! Really?!! Does anyone remotely cite this guy as vaguely appropriate?!!

HELL YES!!! Way more than Tom Hardy or the two guys d21089 has suggested. Frankly IMO d21089 needs to be banned from this board for posting those two guys. ;)

#614 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

Mr Wishaw is a pretty sound actor, though.

#615 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

So is Peter Dinklage. Yeah let's have him as 007.

#616 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Mr Hemsworth is not remotely suitable. Sorry. Get with the plot folks.

Ben Wishaw is vastly more appropriate - and a [censored] hot actor.

#617 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

So is Peter Dinklage. Yeah let's have him as 007.

Solid idea.

#618 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

Throw me in the Fassbender ring too. Here's to hoping we get a couple more with Daniel though (two, three at the most).

#619 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Ben Wishaw is vastly more appropriate - and a [censored] hot actor.

All 5'9" of him. :D

(Info according to IMDB which usually exaggerates actors' heights.)

#620 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

You were Napoleon in a previous life, weren't you?

#621 d21089

d21089

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

Whishaw and Rheon have something Hemsworth will never have- acting ability- give them a personal trainer and the whimpiness would be gone
These guys are both highly acclaimed actors on stage and screen rather than the clothes horse/meat head Hemsworth
as for height- hire shorter actors if you must- but i imsgine unless you saw them in person you would never tell the difference on screen

#622 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hemsworth looks like a cross-breed of Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. Give him a couple years to earn a few lines on his face, and when we can talk.

The other ideas--Ben Wishaw and Jonny Lee Miller--are very bad, no offense to those who suggested them.

Fassbender seems like the most obvious choice, which is why he probably won't get the gig. At the same time, though, I never thought WB would go with Cavill as Superman since he had been rumored for the part for so long, but lo and behold, I was wrong.

#623 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

Whishaw and Rheon have something Hemsworth will never have- acting ability

Hemsworth is getting rave reviews from movie critics all over, whose opinions I consider more credible than yours. For Thor, mind you. James Bond is no more demanding of one's acting chops than Thor. I will say this for the hundreth time: WE DO NOT NEED A SHAKESPEAREAN THESPIAN FOR THE ROLE OF JAMES BOND!!!!... Sheesh!

These guys are both highly acclaimed actors on stage and screen rather than the clothes horse/meat head Hemsworth
as for height- hire shorter actors if you must- but i imsgine unless you saw them in person you would never tell the difference on screen

I would. And most others would. You are just not observant enough. Most folks figure out the fact that Dustin Hoffman is short. Even Tom Cruise. All you have to do is compare them to the woman in the scene.

#624 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

Hemsworth looks like a cross-breed of Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. Give him a couple years to earn a few lines on on his face, and when we can talk.

The other ideas--Ben Wishaw and Jonny Lee Miller--are very bad, no offense to those who suggested them.

Fassbender seems like the most obvious choice, which is why he probably won't get the gig. At the same time, though, I never thought WB would go with Cavill as Superman since he had been rumored for the part for so long, but lo and behold, I was wrong.

This.

#625 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:07 AM

After reading the suggestions in the last page or two, all I can say is thank god CBn members have no say in the Bond casting process!

#626 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:39 AM

I would. And most others would. You are just not observant enough. Most folks figure out the fact that Dustin Hoffman is short. Even Tom Cruise. All you have to do is compare them to the woman in the scene.

Oh dumpling, size doesn't matter.

I may have used that line before.

#627 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

Whishaw and Rheon have something Hemsworth will never have- acting ability

Hemsworth is getting rave reviews from movie critics all over, whose opinions I consider more credible than yours. For Thor, mind you. James Bond is no more demanding of one's acting chops than Thor. I will say this for the hundreth time: WE DO NOT NEED A SHAKESPEAREAN THESPIAN FOR THE ROLE OF JAMES BOND!!!!... Sheesh!

No. Hemsworth is not getting rave reviews throughout the world for THOR (and neither is the film). And yes, the role of Bond does need someone who can act and who could well be professionally trained (including experience of Shakespeare).

Luckily - I very much doubt Hemsworth is on any casting cork board in any Eon office right now.

#628 d21089

d21089

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

Thor has been generally been panned by most- and do we have to mention Last Kiss with Miley Cyrus ;)

It's pretty easy to hire a shorter Bond girl- but to be honest, does anyone actually care if Bond is 5"9 not 6"2 - its hardly a defining character trait and its not like theres going to be a scene with M getting the ruler out and marking 007's height on the wall... though i wouldnt be surprised considering how much she is around in the Craig films... (my one major annoyance with the Craig films, particularly QOS)

I will say this for the hundreth time: WE DO NOT NEED A SHAKESPEAREAN THESPIAN FOR THE ROLE OF JAMES BOND!!!!... Sheesh!

No you don't need it... I don't even care about Shakespearian traning- I just care about GOOD acting, the enxt Bond doesnt have to have been in a film or a play or a TV show in his life if he can act... and Chris Hemsworth is NOT a good actor, he can hang around swinging hammers playing dress up infront of a green screen all he wants- it does not make him a good actor.

Daniel Craig and his Bond are very popular and if Babs is still in the Bond biz when Bond 7 comes around- I dare say someone like Whishaw is more likely to be on her radar than Hemsworth going on what I know of her, but I think he would be very much in the Dalton vein as opposed to the Craig style.

As I said at the start though, it was a left of centre choice so it was never going to agree with everyone, just like Craig, Dalton, Brosnan, Lazenby and to a lesser extent moore and Connery don't- if not Bond he would also make a great younger villain.

#629 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

I'm honestly not thinking that far ahead. Craig has only done 2 films and I expect at least 2-3 more at least.

Besides these thing can swing various ways. Dalton and Brosnan were obvious choices, but Craig came out of left field.

#630 TCK

TCK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

Having seen Inglourious Basterds last night for the first time, Fassbender definitely got my vote for being the next Bond. His role was rather Bondian by the way I thought.