This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

MGW declares work has started on Bond 23...

154 replies to this topic

#91 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

I have a feeling that the next Bond film will come out at some point. Probably in the future. Some time after the previous one.

Urghhh no way. That's been the norm for Bond films for years. They should try something different once in a while. :tdown: B)

:tdown:

#92 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

I might add that I have seen some pictures of him coming back from the gym recently so it seems his fitness regime is back on track. B)

Could you post the pics here or pm me links? Thanks.

#93 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

They are already posted on the first page I believe. The ones with Dan in sweats.

#94 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

Craig is always in good physical nick. That doesn't tend to imply he is shooting BOND 23 next week. Sorry.

#95 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

I think people need to realise that Eon don't need to pander to fan expectations with regards to preproduction. Lets be honest, QoS may have been released 2 years after CR but the film overall was considered dissapointing and underwhelming by many people compared to CR. That's not the same as saying the film was bad, it just didn't fare well as many people had hoped or expected. Add to that the writer's strike and filming without a solid, structured script and the fact that there was so much hooplah around the film's title; the film's exposure was highly anticipated but met with a certain level of scepticism and thus, even though the film was a financial success, there were too many factors that worked against the films favour, particularly the Bourne references and the fact that many people didn't like or understand the film. Polarising indeed. With the film being released on DVD only 2 months ago, I think Eon should hold their cards close to their chest. The last thing we need is overexposure. Eon can work on what they need to and release whatever when they feel like it, which I think they'll do.

They have enough time to sort out preproduction, they could even start filming in January 2010 and still have the film out in the Auumn of that year. Additionally, Craig is a huge asset to the series and the producers want to make the most out of him. They're not going to have him wasting his years away, when movies could be made with him; couple that with the 50th Aniversary. I think Eon will want to do something special and release a movie in 2012 and imo I'm pretty sure we'll have Bond 23 and 24 by 2012.

It's a tactical game that's being revised. Just because Eon may have done something for so long doesn't mean they have to keep doing it (paraphrasing Vesper).

The world doesn't need to be bombarded with every bit of info as to whats going on behind closed doors. a movie every 2 years isn't a bad thing at all too. Just wait, things will unfold but right now, I thing Eon are just letting the heat and exposure of QoS die down before ramping up the animal that I'm sure will be Bond 23.

#96 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

Well said! B)

I I think Eon will want to do something special and release a movie in 2012 and imo I'm pretty sure we'll have Bond 23 and 24 by 2012.

I was thinking about this today, and it struck me that we didn't have a Bond film in '72, '82 or '92 for the 10th, 20th or 30th anniversary, so I wouldn't be at all suprised if the 50th anniversary was low-key.

#97 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:51 PM

Hmm maybe but It just seems that a golden jubilee is a more prestigious and notable milestone, particularly in the film industry and to be honest, I think it would be a great way to play up this angle to dismiss all the haters, copy cats and pretenders who have by and large Bond to thank for even being able to make it on screen *cough* Bourne *cough*. We all know Bond's been around for a while but making it official in a world where showboating is at an all time high, I think it would be a huge advantage to the Bond films in general, allowing for audiences to feel a sense of pride, understanding, compassion and appreciation for a series that has gone through various interpretations and survived half a century and gone up against adversaries such as political climates, social awareness and cinematic competitors. Survival of the fittest; a perfect tagline to coincide with Bond's golden jubilee.

#98 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

I'm not sure if EON will rush to get a 50th Anniversary film out in 2012. There are other ways of celebrating it besides a movie. I would not be surprised if there is a new DVD/Blu Ray box set released with new docs. Also re-releasing some of the older films (limited run) in the theaters with new prints might also serve to honor the 50th.

#99 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

I'm sure EON learned their lesson last time they attempted to make an "anniversary movie".

#100 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

I have a feeling that the next Bond film will come out at some point. Probably in the future. Some time after the previous one.

B) Did you hear that from the Daily Mirror?

#101 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

B) Did you hear that from the Daily Mirror?

It was a direct quote from Peter Mandelson in the Independent actually.

#102 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

I'm not sure if EON will rush to get a 50th Anniversary film out in 2012. There are other ways of celebrating it besides a movie. I would not be surprised if there is a new DVD/Blu Ray box set released with new docs. Also re-releasing some of the older films (limited run) in the theaters with new prints might also serve to honor the 50th.

Could be right.

#103 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

I would love to see the older films on the big screen!

#104 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

Maybe this speculative crap...but why the hell not.

Recently at a screening of a Bond movie, Wilson and Broccoli were there as well as Roger Moore. Also Wilson was photographed with Sam Taylor Wood. We know she's breaking int film with a John Lennon biopic, and she is a very good freind of Daniel Craig.....maybe she is the helmer they have in find for Bond 23.
Would be very interesting having a female helmer.
http://www.rexfeatur...arch_newest.y=8

#105 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:49 PM

I highly doubt it, if anything maybe the official photographer for the next book instead of Greg Williams?

They would not gamble a multi-million dollar film on Sam irrespective if she is great pals with Daniel nor if Daniel insists on it. I mean, if we are going there then what about Ballie Walsh (Flashbacks of a Fool)?

I had a picture taken with Beckham a couple of years ago and have dabbled a bit but you don't see me heading the World Cup Squad. B)

#106 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

I would love to see the older films on the big screen!

Agreed!

#107 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

Now re-releasing some of the older movies in the theaters would be the perfect way to celebrate the 50th. I'll vote for this option. B)

#108 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

I think what would be nice would be for all of the six Bonds to finally stand together for a photo. B)
Ultimate fan gift and honour to Cubby.

#109 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

Now re-releasing some of the older movies in the theaters would be the perfect way to celebrate the 50th. I'll vote for this option. B)

Let's start a petition.............like....................NOW! :tdown:

#110 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

I think what would be nice would be for all of the six Bonds to finally stand together for a photo. B)

My dream is still to have all six Bond actors sit down on one of those interview shows for a nice round table discussion of what it's like to have been Bond and their experiences with the series and how it's affected their lives.

In reality though I could see Craig, Dalton, Moore and Lazenby agreeing to this, but Connery and Brosnan are iffy.

#111 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

My dream is still to have all six Bond actors sit down on one of those interview shows for a nice round table discussion of what it's like to have been Bond and their experiences with the series and how it's affected their lives.

In reality though I could see Craig, Dalton, Moore and Lazenby agreeing to this, but Connery and Brosnan are iffy.

Hey, that really sounds like a great idea.

#112 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

I think what would be nice would be for all of the six Bonds to finally stand together for a photo. :tdown:

Agree and Connery and Brosnan need to get over themselves then. B)
Never understand these people who get their break and make money out of a role then refuse to be "associated" with it afterwards.
Total lack of respect for the franchise no matter how they "lost" the role. (Brosnan).

#113 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

I think Connery looks at the series more fondly now (it probably helps that Cubby is long gone, not saying that in a bad way but I think that's where a lot of the bad blood came from).

Brosnan still has a case of sour grapes I think, maybe he's right to feel that way, but it has been nearly 8 years since his last film, time to let it go.

#114 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

Well, as I understand it:

Connery and Moore are friends. Moore is also a friend of Lazenby and sends him jokes via e-mail (this extraordinary nugget of info comes courtesy of his DVD commentary for THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN). Moore has also praised Brosnan and Craig. Don't know what he thinks of Dalton, mind, but I don't imagine there's any bad blood between them.

If anyone can be the "peacemaker" to get all the Bond actors together for a photo, it's gotta be genial old Rog, especially if they could do a shoot for charity (which, let's face it, no one would wish to snub for fear of, well, seeming uncharitable). If it could be spun as a charity thing (let's say the world's top mags, Vanity Fair, Empire, Rolling Stone, whatever, have to bid for the right to be the first to run the photos, and the money goes to charity), a pop culture milestone and a present to the fans rather than a tribute to "Cubby" (presumably, Eon need not be involved), then I can't see anyone saying no, unless....

Does anyone know whether there's actually any ill feeling between any of the Bond actors? I vaguely remember reports of some kind of spat between Lazenby and Brosnan, but apart from that....

#115 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

Anyone know why only Craig and Moore turned up for the Fleming Tribute?

Where was Dalton?? I thought he'd be there.

#116 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

Oh, Like Bond Girls Are Forever? Thar would be pretty cool...

Duh, The Daleks have the cult of Skaro... The Bond Girls have the cult of D'abo. :tdown:

#117 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:42 PM

Anyone know why only Craig and Moore turned up for the Fleming Tribute?

Where was Dalton?? I thought he'd be there.

It's quite nice in a way that it was the oldest James Bond and the youngest together for it.

#118 singleentendre

singleentendre

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

Never understand these people who get their break and make money out of a role then refuse to be "associated" with it afterwards.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. -Mark Twain

Isn't it the truth?

#119 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

Don't know what he thinks of Dalton, mind, but I don't imagine there's any bad blood between them.

Roger Moore stated in a review of QoS he did for some newspaper (I forget which) that he has never seen the Dalton films and has no intention of ever seeing them simply to avoid the question of what he thinks of his successor.

#120 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:43 PM

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. -Mark Twain

Isn't it the truth?

Sad to say it is sometimes yes. Because of whatever reasons made Connery, Laz, Dalton and Brosnan stay away, they need to ditch their personal feelings and show up for the fans. After all, Cubby may have hired them but the fans put them where they are.
Simply not on my good man. :tdown: