This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

MGW declares work has started on Bond 23...

154 replies to this topic

#31 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:46 AM

So that's put flight to several daft rumours...

Yes, let's be cautious about the source, because the Sun isn't always accurate. However, this does sound like a genuine quote from MGW to me. Of course, having been there in an earlier life, it could just be a quick question from a journalist to a passing MGW (it's hardly an interview, is it?) and an equally bland, snatched reply. But, on the whole, it's credible.

I'd like to see a return to a consistent 2 year cycle. The 'longer wait = better product' argument doesn't hold with me I'm afraid. I waited 3 years for DAD....

Yes, because the back-to-back production of LALD and TMWTGG ensured that Gun was such a classy production, didn't it...? B)

#32 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:16 AM

Good news, even if it's from the Sun. Maybe, for once they got it right.

#33 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

This time last film back in 2007, we knew the release date. We knew Purvis and Wade were writting the script, and we knew the prods had met with Tony Scott, Jonathan Mostow, and Alex Proyas, while an offer was out to Marc Forster to direct.
At the moment we really know nothing. I think 2010 is still hopefull, I think Summer 2011 at the earliest.

#34 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

We will have a better idea of whether or not Bond 23 will have a Oct/Nov 2010 release in August because by that point Eon will have to have got their director on board for pre-production. I suspect that we'll have heard nothing by then, a director will be appointed in the first half of 2010, and we'll subsequently have a Oct/Nov 2011 release. Things seem far too behind for us to see a release in 18 months time - modern cinema just doesn't seem to move that quickly, sadly.

Sorry but that is all speculative nonsense.

Why on earth would August 2009 see the director locked down when Eon probably know who they want to helm right now and don't need to declare that to anyone other than his agent or the department heads?

And because "things seem too far behind for us" means jack when it comes to Eon Productions and their schedules. Press announcements and media releases are really about industry confirmation and not production starts.

#35 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:44 AM

Yes, because the back-to-back production of LALD and TMWTGG ensured that Gun was such a classy production, didn't it...? B)

Yes. Yes, it did. :tdown:

Well, hopefully this will put a stop to all those "Craig's been kicked out of the role", "There's no money to make BOND 23" and "There will never be another Bond film" stories.

#36 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

Yes. Yes, it did. :tdown:

Well, hopefully this will put a stop to all those "Craig's been kicked out of the role", "There's no money to make BOND 23" and "There will never be another Bond film" stories.

"I wouldn't go banco on that..."

(We will, of course, always have to disagree about TMWTGG. But it's better than Thunderball, I'll give it that... :tdown: )

#37 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

We will have a better idea of whether or not Bond 23 will have a Oct/Nov 2010 release in August because by that point Eon will have to have got their director on board for pre-production. I suspect that we'll have heard nothing by then, a director will be appointed in the first half of 2010, and we'll subsequently have a Oct/Nov 2011 release. Things seem far too behind for us to see a release in 18 months time - modern cinema just doesn't seem to move that quickly, sadly.

Why on earth would August 2009 see the director locked down when Eon probably know who they want to helm right now and don't need to declare that to anyone other than his agent or the department heads?

And because "things seem too far behind for us" means jack when it comes to Eon Productions and their schedules. Press announcements and media releases are really about industry confirmation and not production starts.

I disargee with you, i think he is 100% right. The fact we haven't heard anything cemented till now, and this comes from a British rag means very little. Typically the prods hire a director by August of the year before filming sometimes earlier, but never later then August. So....if we have heard nothing by the end of August, there will be no Bond 23 next year.

#38 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:10 AM

There's a direct quote there and not exactly a very revealing one at that, so I'm sure Wilson did say that work had started. Good news.

#39 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

ok i;m still uber excited now let's get some castin director and title rumours B)

#40 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

Well, I'm pleased to hear work has started in some shape or form.

#41 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

Well its a quote from MGW rather than the usual "an insider revealed" crap the Sun is known for so i'm inclined to beleive it. Well I'm happy, it means it won't be long till my favourite moment of Bond film production, the anoucement of small details leading to rampant speculation followed by the director announcement which often menas alot of DVD buying for me.

#42 Mr.Stamper

Mr.Stamper

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss B) :tdown:

#43 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

I disargee with you, i think he is 100% right. The fact we haven't heard anything cemented till now, and this comes from a British rag means very little. Typically the prods hire a director by August of the year before filming sometimes earlier, but never later then August. So....if we have heard nothing by the end of August, there will be no Bond 23 next year.

Ah, you defend speculative nonsense by employing more. Never mind. You contradict yourself when you say "we haven't heard anything concrete til now" (well people still haven't as this is a Sun story folks) then you rightfully slam the paper's relaibility. And what is this "August" fixation? (!!). Eon Productions will have already found their director (more or less) and when they publically declare that to the world that has no bearing on when the film is to be released.

I cannot stand this fan logic that says "well yes, we had the Marc Forster announcement in such and such" so we will get the news on exactly the same day the next time round. I saw it with folks on CBN proclaiming SOLACE would fail at the box office because the teaser trailer didn't emerge exactly 3 months, 5 days and 17 hours from the release of the film in the way ROYALE's publicity did....?!!!

And where does "So....if we have heard nothing by the end of August, there will be no Bond 23 next year" come from...?!!

I've a hunch who is directing CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG, but will not divulge here. It would be most interesting though if he was on the cards for BOND 23.

#44 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

My moneys on Peter Greenaway. Failing him, Abel Ferrara.

#45 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

Zorin Industries, you are quite right when you say it is rather foolhardy to say becasye Cr and QOS did it in such a time frame the prods will employ a similar device with the next film. After all Forster was hired in June the year befre release and Campbell was hired in January. So it's anyone's guess. But in the world of fan-dom, it makes sence to analyise about Bond 23 what we know to our past experiences.

You intrigue me when you suggest the producers have more or less found their director, and talk of the new Chitty director. Are you in the loop or just speculating?

#46 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:32 PM

My moneys on Peter Greenaway. Failing him, Abel Ferrara.

Peter Greenaway....with a Michael Nyman score.. and naked men and lady nipples aplenty... bring it on!!

But what would it be called...?

A SEVEN AND TWO NOUGHTS....?

THE HITMAN'S CONTRACT...?

THE CROOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE AND BOND'S LOVER...?

DROWNING BY YOU KNOW MY NUMBERS....?

(I like this game...!)

#47 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

Are you in the loop or just speculating?

I suspect that if he told you he'd have to shoot you afterwards...

My money's on Mike Leigh. Just imagine all that improvisation nonsense on a Bond set... B)

#48 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

My guess is still that they are aiming for a Nov 2011 release. It makes sense with everything we've heard from Wilson so far. And the BluRay/DVD release will then coincide perfectly with the 50th-anniversary year.

I cannot stand this fan logic that says "well yes, we had the Marc Forster announcement in such and such" so we will get the news on exactly the same day the next time round. I saw it with folks on CBN proclaiming SOLACE would fail at the box office because the teaser trailer didn't emerge exactly 3 months, 5 days and 17 hours from the release of the film in the way ROYALE's publicity did....?!!!

The production timeline from previous Bondfilms can, of course, be used as an indication. Nobody is talking about days or hours.

#49 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

Zorin Industries, you are quite right when you say it is rather foolhardy to say becasye Cr and QOS did it in such a time frame the prods will employ a similar device with the next film. After all Forster was hired in June the year befre release and Campbell was hired in January. So it's anyone's guess. But in the world of fan-dom, it makes sence to analyise about Bond 23 what we know to our past experiences.

You intrigue me when you suggest the producers have more or less found their director, and talk of the new Chitty director. Are you in the loop or just speculating?

The CHITTY thing is a personal hunch (based on a recent observance) and the BOND 23 director feeling is based on experience of when and how directors are sourced for a project. It is WAY before any announcement (even tabloid speculation that is later proved to be right). Eon have also been doing this for nearly 50 years. Barbara Broccoli particularly is deeply interested in casting and casting the right directors and when you are in that mindset you are 'sourcing' your next director ALL the time, even when you are working on the previous project.

#50 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

Are you in the loop or just speculating?

I suspect that if he told you he'd have to shoot you afterwards...

My money's on Mike Leigh. Just imagine all that improvisation nonsense on a Bond set... B)

And we'd have to witness BOND doing his own washing up... and making a cup of tea afterwards... then drinking that cup of tea when M phones... then sitting on the stairs finishing the cup of tea and wondering what M meant as the doorbell rings and the bailiffs come in to remove his illegal Madeleine Smith... all to the sounds of Demis Roussos....

entitled SECRETS AND LIE STILL WHILST I KILL YOU, LOVE

#51 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:38 PM

I might add that I have seen some pictures of him coming back from the gym recently so it seems his fitness regime is back on track. B)

so bond 23 in 2010 is still a possability?

I still say it's gonna be late 2010 or early 2011 and a spring time bond is fine with me honestly because a spring 2011 bond doesn't rule out a december 2012 bond 24.

It won't be spring. I can't imagine Sony will release anytime but summer or Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Why do you care what Sony think, especially when they are no longer in the mix?

Sony had their two James Bond films and are no longer in the picture.

#52 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

There's every chance that this could be a May/June 2011 release...but the timeline seems open for a Nov 2010 release as well.

If principal photography begins in Feb '10, then a director will be announced as early as June '09 and as late as Sept '09 with set direction/story-boarding work begining around that time as well.

I agree with Zorin that Broccoli already has her short short list for helmer and that only they and the directors' agents are in the loop.

#53 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

spec·u·la·tion (spky-lshn)
n.
a. Contemplation or consideration of a subject; meditation.
b. A conclusion, opinion, or theory reached by conjecture.
c. Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition.
a. Engagement in risky business transactions on the chance of quick or considerable profit.
b. A commercial or financial transaction involving speculation.

fan (fn)
n.
Barking mad.

[Short for fanatic.]

#54 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

HUZZAH!!! B)

#55 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

I have reliable inside source that MGW and BB want to shake up the Bond formula even more than before. They are going to try a new experiment in Bond films. They are going to film Bond 23 as a documentary style film about a mission of 007. They are talking to Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer and Michael Mckeon to direct / write / and add lib the movie.

They are in negotiations with Parker Posey to be the Bond girl and Fred Willard as the villian. Jennifer Coolidge will be replacing Judi Dench as M.

#56 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

I have reliable inside source that MGW and BB want to shake up the Bond formula even more than before. They are going to try a new experiment in Bond films. They are going to film Bond 23 as a documentary style film about a mission of 007. They are talking to Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer and Michael Mckeon to direct / write / and add lib the movie.

They are in negotiations with Parker Posey to be the Bond girl and Fred Willard as the villian. Jennifer Coolidge will be replacing Judi Dench as M.

I just hope Bond can still be placated when his Buzzy Bee toy goes missing....

#57 Agent Carter

Agent Carter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

Yesss! That just made my day! WHoooo!

#58 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

"This is no fantasy - no careless product of wild imagination. No, my friends... These... are matters of undeniable fact."

Hmmm. Nice to hear it publicly from MGW. I have the oddest feeling it is an accurate quote. I have the oddest feeling that there is an outline already out there for Bond 23 and that they are discussing things with scriptwriters.

After all, the relevant special purpose production entities to make Bond 23 were set up some time ago. And based upon the requisite production accounting and tax information required before production, it is fairly certain what is visible or announced about the iceberg of Bond 23 belies the huge amount of work already being done that lies below the publicity surface.

Hmmm, we might even get The Hilde...., sorry, BOND 23 in November 2010 B) .

But enough of this idle speculation. I think there is always a healthy time lag between what gets announced and what is actually happening.

#59 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

I've a hunch who is directing CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG, but will not divulge here. It would be most interesting though if he was on the cards for BOND 23.

Ah, I see. Yes, it just COULD be. Although I did ask him about BOND 23 and he laughed it off. But yes, it might just fit...Time will tell.

#60 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

"This is no fantasy - no careless product of wild imagination. No, my friends... These... are matters of undeniable fact."

Hmmm. Nice to hear it publicly from MGW. I have the oddest feeling it is an accurate quote. I have the oddest feeling that there is an outline already out there for Bond 23 and that they are discussing things with scriptwriters.

After all, the relevant special purpose production entities to make Bond 23 were set up some time ago. And based upon the requisite production accounting and tax information required before production, it is fairly certain what is visible or announced about the iceberg of Bond 23 belies the huge amount of work already being done that lies below the publicity surface.

Hmmm, we might even get The Hilde...., sorry, BOND 23 in November 2010 B) .

But enough of this idle speculation. I think there is always a healthy time lag between what gets announced and what is actually happening.

lol see it's catching on soon we all will be calling Bond 23 the hiildebrand rarity then all be taken by suprised when bond 23 is The property of a Lady :tdown: