Hollyoaks

#1112 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:41 AM

Finally finished working my way through the first season of HEROES, thanks to Netflix's Instant Streaming. It had been a show that I had wanted to get caught up on while it was still airing so that I could begin watching it live, but the prices of the DVD and Blu-ray box sets kept that from being a viable option. Anyway, the first season was fantastic. Great characters (and some terrific casting for those characters), fresh storytelling (at least for TV), and a great balance of action, drama, and everything else really. Another thing that I liked about it was the vast amount of great guest stars that the creative team behind the series brought to the first season. I mean, there's some terrific talent acting as guest stars here, many of whom have gone on to have their own TV shows, such as Stana Katic who now stars in CASTLE, Missy Peregrym (ROOKIE BLUE), Jayma Mays (GLEE), and Jessalyn Gilsig (GLEE), with other already well-established actors filling other supporting roles, such as Malcolm McDowell, Richard Roundtree, and George Takei. I've heard that the series begins its creative nosedive beginning in Season 2, so I'm a bit weary of continuing on, but it'll be interesting to see where they took the series moving on from Season 1. At least, if nothing else, there's some great guest stars in Season 2 to look forward to.

Also, I'd say that in all honesty, HEROES is a series (or perhaps more accurately, a concept) that should make a return to network TV. I don't know how bad it got after the first season, but the concept is still one that is a very solid foundation on which to build a long-lasting show.

#1113 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

Two And A Half Men

#1114 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hungarian Grand Prix

#1115 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:47 PM

Jerry Springer.

#1116 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

Big Brother. This has to be the absolute worst season, everyone on there is a moron. I think I'm losing IQ points by watching it, but it's like a car wreck, I can't turn away.

#1117 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:45 AM

Currently working my way through the very short Season 2 of HEROES. So far, I've enjoyed it just about as much as the first season, all while anticipating the dramatic drop-off in quality that I keep hearing about. It hasn't happened yet, with just short of half the S2 episodes having been watched at this point. So far, I think the storyline for S2 is great and a good natural progression from the first season. Granted, it could be a bit more epic, but given the fact that it's about 12 episodes shorter than Season 1, it's certainly understandable to scale things back due to a limited amount of space in which to tell the story.

I'm also loving all of the guest stars again this season. Most notably (at least to me) is GLEE's Dianna Agron, who I think is one of the most underrated actresses on TV. She shows up in her now trademarked role, that of a rather mean cheerleader (although she gets far too little screentime here). Also on hand (so far) are Kristen Bell (VERONICA MARS), Mark Christopher Lawrence (CHUCK), Stephen Tobolowsky (GLEE), and Alan Blumfeld.

With S2, so far so good, and looking forward to continuing to make my way through the series, as I'm really enjoying it so far.

#1118 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

Dickinson's Real Deal

#1119 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

Covert Affairs

The lead is charming, but ultimately this show is a little too tame for my taste.

#1120 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

The Deep

Very contrived TV drama about a submarine going deep underwater

Bit like Lost in Space theres a mystery government guy in the mix who knows whats down there oooohhhhh

#1121 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:49 AM

WWE NXT

#1122 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

Finished Season 2 of HEROES. Like Season 1, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will say, though, that the overall story arc of the season would have been far better told over the course of a standard 22-episode season, but they did a pretty good job of doing it in the 11 episodes that NBC gave them. I didn't get the feeling from Season 2 that the series was headed downhill as I had often heard people say about the decline in quality that supposedly happened in the second season. Having watched the first episode of the third season, however, it does feel as though the decline may be coming, but so far I've thoroughly enjoyed both of the first two seasons.

#1123 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:32 AM

HARD KNOCKS: Training Camp with the NY Jets

Having never seen an episode of HARD KNOCKS before, I didn't really know what to expect, but ended up being thoroughly entertained. The Jets are a fun group to watch in action, and I found myself laughing out loud many, many times during the episode. If he weren't a football coach, Rex Ryan could easily have his own TV show, he's that entertaining. Anyway, the team looked good, and thankfully HBO kept the Darrelle Revis drama to a minimum (or at least compared to what I was expecting), and the next 4 episodes are going to make the wait for the beginning of the NFl regular season a bit easier to take since we're still a month away.

#1124 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:51 AM

psych

A very light, very funny show. I highly recommend it.

#1125 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

I'm obsessed with watching 'My Super sweet sixteen', even though it really annoys me. :/

#1126 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

I'm obsessed with watching 'My Super sweet sixteen', even though it really annoys me. :/

Same here, only with Jersey Shore. :rolleyes:

#1127 USANetwork

USANetwork

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

Covert Affairs

The lead is charming, but ultimately this show is a little too tame for my taste.

Interesting. We were going for a more realistic feel with the show, so that probably explains why it's not super-crazy action like a Bond or Bourne. Thanks for sharing your honest opinion, though.

#1128 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

Covert Affairs

Interesting. We were going for a more realistic feel with the show, so that probably explains why it's not super-crazy action like a Bond or Bourne. Thanks for sharing your honest opinion, though.

Oh, I don't mean tame as in 'lacking super-crazy action'. I mean it as in 'slightly lacking the grey that colours the world of intelligence'. Speaking of realistic feel... This week's episode thankfully began hinting at it, so I'll keep watching for now.

#1129 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

I do love your dark half dear and I agree. If it was just a little more gritty. Still entertaining though.

#1130 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

I've been watching Breaking Bad lately, and I must say it's a very good series. Great character work from Bryan Cranston.

#1131 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

Watching Firefly for the first time and lovin' it!

#1132 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

Mad Men. Poor Don! :(

#1133 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

Covert Affairs

Not bad, these past two weeks, since we actually seem to be getting to some decent spying.

Still... there's something missing for me. Not sure what yet.

#1134 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

If You Really Knew Me. GREAT show on MTV. It's very sad. :(

#1135 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

Is Jersey Shore on MTV too? I'm sure I've heard of it. :)

#1136 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:45 AM

HARD KNOCKS: Training Camp with the New York Jets

Another brilliantly entertaining episode. This Jets team is a lot of fun to watch, and HBO/NFL Films are doing such a great job of giving the TV audience what one would have to assume is a very accurate portrayal of life in an NFL training camp. Thankfully (due to an agreement between the Jets and Darrelle Revis), the Revis drama was limited to a single scene that lasted less than 30 seconds. Without all of that nonsense in the episode, things flowed much better, and the episode never became dull.

#1137 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

I believe The Real World.

#1138 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

Family Guy

#1139 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

Is Jersey Shore on MTV too? I'm sure I've heard of it. :)

It is! Every Thursday night at 7!

#1140 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

I just got into DEXTER very recently and am cracking my way through season 2 at the moment.