1332 replies to this topic

#1051 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:50 AM

I watched the Special Preview episode of The Good Guys with Colin Hanks and Bradley Whitford. As cop shows go it's kind of refreshing to see a show that plays on the cliches of action movies rather than the procedural nature of most cop shows. On the other hand this makes for a rather shallow show. Both leads play the cop stereotypes well (by the books cop & Unhinged, plays by his own rules cop), but like I said earlier, the episode ultimately amounts to a bunch of action scenes which is never all that satisfying without depth.

I'll give it another watch when it returns to it's regular time slot (Mondays) and mostly because as we're in the summer season now there really is not much else on to watch.

#1052 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

Family Guy

#1053 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

The Jeremy Kyle Show. I'm a student, and I have no taste or scruples.

#1054 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

Steve Wilkos.

#1055 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

True Blood - Season 2

While I liked Season One I found it at times too self-indulgend and slow. Season Two is much faster, funnier and exciting.

#1056 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Showbiz Tonight.

#1057 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:14 AM

The Legend of Robin Hood (1975)

A rather good BBC series starring Martin Potter as Timothy Dalton as Robin Hood, a pre-botox Diane Keen as Maid Marian and Ford Prefect as Prince John.

#1058 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:04 AM

Lost: The End

A very satisfying end to a well written and acted TV series.

Chuck

I thought the season finale was great and the final moments seem to step it up a notch in similar way to last season's finale.

#1059 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:45 AM

Chuck: Fantastic episode. Along with last week's "Chuck vs. the Living Dead", this week's two-hour finale pretty much mopped the floor with the rest of the episodes this season. Quite honestly, it's amazing that the people who put together the last two (or three really, as the two hour finale was just two episodes fused together into one) episodes of the season could have also delivered the awfulness of episodes 1-13.

Firstly, what was great about it was that Brandon Routh redeemed his, up til now, very wooden performance as Shaw. Seeing how great he was
Spoiler

Overall, a great ending that sends the season out on a much better note than it was brought in on. I do have one issue, though, and that being
Spoiler

#1060 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

The Inbetweeners: Such a good show

#1061 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:06 AM

Burn notice -- Season Two

While I liked Season One I wasn´t really a fan because it felt too formulaic to me. I decided to check out the next season... and I really begin to dig this show. Season Two, while sticking to the case per episode formula, also strengthens the arc about who framed Michael Weston and shakes up the plots with more twists and humor. The ensemble really gels now and the way Michael strives to remain on top of a situation feels more entertaining to me in this season.

So - if you want to watch a sunny and laid back spy/caper-show, check it out.

Can´t wait for Season Two of "LEVERAGE", though, which still is the superior spy/caper IMO.

#1062 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:59 AM

Family Guy

#1063 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

re-watching The Shield as I'm waiting for the next discs of Chuck to get here from Netflix.

#1064 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

At the moment I'm working my way through seasons of Mad Men and Battlestar Galactic. Loving both.

#1065 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hollyoaks - It's scaring me that I only have another year to watch this and for it to be acceptable, as next year is my final year of uni! B)

#1066 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:53 PM

Needing to find time to re-watch the first six seasons of Entourage before the 7th season starts on June 27th B)

#1067 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

Just watched the season finales of "House" (magnificent!), "The Good Wife" (best new show of the last season) and "Fringe" (ok season, the last two eps were excellent tho)

#1068 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Get Smart: "The Groovy Guru." This one was picked by TV Guide as GS's best episode and one of the 100 best TV episodes of all time. I don't quite agree although it's a good one.

#1069 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

Maury.

#1070 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

Family Guy

#1071 Quincy

Quincy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

The Wire; Currently on season 3.

Best show of all time.

#1072 USANetwork

USANetwork

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

For those of you guys (and I'd assume this is most of you, given you're watching Burn Notice and Chuck) into spy TV shows, I wanted to let you know about the newest addition to USA Network. It's just that - a spy show, Covert Affairs!

Boasting an impressive cast and a real-life look at the CIA; helped by Bourne producer Doug Liman, I think you guys are really going to enjoy it. Unlike any other show on the air, this is going to focus on life in the CIA in the real world, not fantasy based or whimsical missions like other shows. They got their details right, too...down to little things like enforcing the no cell phone policy or the agency encouraging inter-office dating. Hope many of you are willing to check it out Tuesday, July 13th at 10!

#1073 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

Am watching, for the first time, season one of 24. As best I can, I'm forgetting the remaining seven seasons I have seen...and trying to imagine how it might have felt to be taken by surprise. Fabulous entertainment.

#1074 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

Nip/Tuck - final season

Although they could have easily ended the show after their stay in Miami came to a close and the first season in L.A. got tired and rehashed previous plot points, this final season really got the groove back. Great twists and turns, centering on the two main characters and really getting a sense of fate across - this is a wonderful surprise. Seems like Nip/Tuck ends with a bang, not limping over the finish line.

#1075 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

Chuck Seasons 1-3

Finally I finished watching all 3 seasons of Chuck and I have to say this again but its a great spy show that most of the time doesn't take itself too seriously. The whole idea of having a experienced female spy teaming up with an unlikely nerd who becomes a spy accidentally and a hard nosed NSA agent with military background is a great concept but I believe the actors really make the story gel. What I found interesting was the fact that from the pilot episode until Chuck vs. The Colonel seemed to be one complete story arc that too me finished what seemed to be the original intention of the show and the relationship between Sarah and Chuck seems to end very satisfyingly as well as other characters like Casey and the Buy More characters. I do believe that Chuck vs. the Ring was the beginning of a new story arc or sort of like a sequel to the original Chuck story arc which changed Chuck from wanting his real life back to wanting to be a spy. While I really like Chuck vs. The Ring episode its followed by the worst episode in the three seasons, Chuck vs. Pink Slip, which just resets the show back to the old formula with the obvious new twist. What makes it a bad episode is how Sarah treats Chuck and the reason which seems kind of out of character to me. However, despite this episode I seemed to like the rest of Season three then when I saw it before. I also like the fact that the show had the guts to make Chuck and Sarah a couple and is better for it IMO. Chuck is one of the best shows currently out there on network television and there's always funny, serious, and exciting moments that makes the show so entertaining. The fourth season can't come anymore quickly and it seems NBC will have Chuck and another spy show I am looking forward too, J.J. Abrams' Undercovers.

#1076 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

Chuck Seasons 1-3

Finally I finished watching all 3 seasons of Chuck and I have to say this again but its a great spy show that most of the time doesn't take itself too seriously. The whole idea of having a experienced female spy teaming up with an unlikely nerd who becomes a spy accidentally and a hard nosed NSA agent with military background is a great concept but I believe the actors really make the story gel. What I found interesting was the fact that from the pilot episode until Chuck vs. The Colonel seemed to be one complete story arc that too me finished what seemed to be the original intention of the show and the relationship between Sarah and Chuck seems to end very satisfyingly as well as other characters like Casey and the Buy More characters. I do believe that Chuck vs. the Ring was the beginning of a new story arc or sort of like a sequel to the original Chuck story arc which changed Chuck from wanting his real life back to wanting to be a spy. While I really like Chuck vs. The Ring episode its followed by the worst episode in the three seasons, Chuck vs. Pink Slip, which just resets the show back to the old formula with the obvious new twist. What makes it a bad episode is how Sarah treats Chuck and the reason which seems kind of out of character to me. However, despite this episode I seemed to like the rest of Season three then when I saw it before. I also like the fact that the show had the guts to make Chuck and Sarah a couple and is better for it IMO. Chuck is one of the best shows currently out there on network television and there's always funny, serious, and exciting moments that makes the show so entertaining. The fourth season can't come anymore quickly and it seems NBC will have Chuck and another spy show I am looking forward too, J.J. Abrams' Undercovers.

I would agree for the most part.

I remember trying to get caught up with the show so that I could at least watch some of the final episodes of the second season, and ended up getting caught up right before the Season 2 finale. At that point, I was very much in favor of them continuing on with the series because I had loved what they had done up to that point.

With that said, and looking at where the series is right now and where it is headed into its final season, I think I would have much rather they ended it with "Chuck vs. the Colonel". As you said, it wrapped everything up pretty nicely. We're alluded to the fact that Chuck and Sarah are together (at least to some degree), all of the characters reach a good, natural conclusion in their relationships with each other, and Fulcrum had been defeated. Then they went ahead and ruined that in S3, a season in which there were only 4 good episodes out of the 19 ("Chuck vs. the Other Guy", "Chuck vs. the Living Dead", "Chuck vs. the Subway", and "Chuck vs. the Ring Pt. II), and the rest of them currently occupy the very bottom of the list in terms of ranking the series' episodes. Now they've gone ahead and started a new storyline for Season 4 that they're not going to get to finish, which is very disappointing.

#1077 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:20 AM

Spongebob Squarepants. He's adorable! I love him!

#1078 Quincy

Quincy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image

I have watched and own the first 3 seasons. 3 down, 2 to go. By far the best show I've ever seen. Thoughts on The Wire anyone?

Edited by Quincy, 07 July 2010 - 07:45 PM.

#1079 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

Yes; excellent show. I particularly liked season 3, thought it was pretty epic stuff. But be sure to keep watching, seasons 4 and 5 are also great.

#1080 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

Working my way through Mad Men and I'm just stunned at how good it is.