540 replies to this topic

#241 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:42 PM

10. Blofeld not recognizing Bond in OHMSS.

Kind of like how people never recognize Clark Kent as being Superman? It's all in the glasses... :tup:

Don't they usually get different actors to play Clark Kent and Superman? It can't be the same guy! One has glasses and a suit, the other has no glasses and a supersuit. Can't be the same guy!

#242 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

Kind of like how people never recognize Clark Kent as being Superman? It's all in the glasses... :tup:

Don't they usually get different actors to play Clark Kent and Superman? It can't be the same guy! One has glasses and a suit, the other has no glasses and a supersuit. Can't be the same guy!

Don't delude yourself, mate; they are the same guy! :tup:

#243 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:12 PM

Don't delude yourself, mate; they are the same guy! :tup:

He was kidding, Mr. B. :(

#244 MHazard

MHazard

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

Obviously Blofeld didn't recognize Bond because he was expecting a tall, dark, bored, Scottish man with a receding hairline, in a Mr. Spock Japanese disguise, who could do lines in one take. Instead, Bond showed up with a full head of hair, an Australian accent, a strange way of talking (in addition to the accent) and glasses. What's remarkable is that Bond was sure it was Blofeld since not only had his scar vanished, but he'd grown about two feet, no longer wore strange gray modern suits, and lost his accent. (I suppose the cat still gave him away).

#245 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:40 PM

Obviously Blofeld didn't recognize Bond because he was expecting a tall, dark, bored, Scottish man with a receding hairline, in a Mr. Spock Japanese disguise, who could do lines in one take. Instead, Bond showed up with a full head of hair, an Australian accent, a strange way of talking (in addition to the accent) and glasses. What's remarkable is that Bond was sure it was Blofeld since not only had his scar vanished, but he'd grown about two feet, no longer wore strange gray modern suits, and lost his accent. (I suppose the cat still gave him away).

I think I have the answer. It was a parallel universe, like something on Star Trek.

#246 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

I think I have the answer. It was a parallel universe, like something on Star Trek.

Well, then, why wasn't Bond wearing an "evil" goatee? :tup:

#247 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

In the case of Bond, it's an evil mole. A surefire indication that you are watching a Bond movie from a parallel universe is a noticeable mole on the face.

#248 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

In the case of Bond, it's an evil mole. A surefire indication that you are watching a Bond movie from a parallel universe is a noticeable mole on the face.

Well, if that's the case, then Roger Moore is definitely malevolent... :tup:

#249 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:20 PM

Yes, and note that the Roger Moore from our universe never made a Bond movie, and has NO MOLE! :(

#250 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:07 AM

Well, then, why wasn't Bond wearing an "evil" goatee? :(

Yes, and note that the Roger Moore from our universe never made a Bond movie, and has NO MOLE! :)

What universe are you from, good friend? :tup:

#251 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:35 PM

Back to reality. Moore had his mole removed. Correct?

#252 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

Back to reality. Moore had his mole removed. Correct?

No, I don't think he has... :tup:

#253 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:42 PM

Well it doesn't seem to be there in AVTAK

#254 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:45 PM

Well it doesn't seem to be there in AVTAK

Perhaps they tightened his face so much, it popped off! :tup:

#255 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:10 PM

I thought I remember reading or hearing that he had it removed. I guess it had grown and moved around a bit through the years and he was going to have it removed.

Pleasant subject isn't it.

Discussing Roger Moore's mole.

Commander Bond has sunk to an all time low.

#256 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

So, it's the opposite of Octopussy, then? :tup:

#257 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

That's fitting then, Moore is the all time high and LOW of Bond then.

#258 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

That's fitting then; Moore is the all time high and LOW of Bond then.

Egad; we're reduced to making puns on this lazy Monday... :tup:

#259 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:08 PM

9. The "stirred not shaken" martini in YOLT.

ronbond, this was Bond just being polite to Henderson. You can tell by his face that he isn't impressed.

#260 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:15 AM

Of course Bond is not going to get shot, but in the ski scene in TWINE, it makes me cringe. A parahawk chasing Bond, right behind him. The goon opens fire with his automatic weapon, and hits nothing but the ground. Laughable.

#261 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:21 AM

Of course Bond is not going to get shot, but in the ski scene in TWINE, it makes me cringe. A parahawk chasing Bond, right behind him. The goon opens fire with his automatic weapon, and hits nothing but the ground. Laughable.

Come now, one defining characteristic of Bond villains is that hey are totally and completely incapable of shooting straight. :tup:

#262 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:28 AM

Yes, that is a characteristic all the villains and expendable henchmen seem to have. I think that it just sticks out here. They should have made Bond ski quicker, get out of sight or something so they couldn't get a shot off. He was directly in front of them... :tup:

#263 Scaramanga'74

Scaramanga'74

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:10 AM

Among others

#264 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

When Mr. Kidd looks like a robot when he raises his hand with the remote control in to operate the rock in the desert in Diamonds Are Forever and Mr. Wints "Give it to me now!" look toward him. :tup:

And why the hell is Willard Whyte taking a dump in a locked toilet?! :tup:

#265 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:37 AM

There is only one slight irritation with the brilliant scene between Bond and Grant on the train in FRWL - and that is the way Bond bites his bottom lip when he realises how good Spectre's plan has been.

#266 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:59 AM

And why the hell is Willard Whyte taking a dump in a locked toilet?! :tup:

Would you prefer he did it in the kitchen?

#267 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:14 AM

Does it irritate anyone else that in OHMSS, Blofeld, easy to identify by his lack of earlobes, quite clearly has earlobes...

#268 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:19 AM

Does it irritate anyone else that in OHMSS, Blofeld, easy to identify by his lack of earlobes, quite clearly has earlobes...

"The suspension of (earlobe) disbelief" works fine with me. :tup:

#269 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:15 AM

"The suspension of (earlobe) disbelief" works fine with me. :tup:

Earlobes are the least of Blofeld's problems in OHMSS. The guy has eyes like Mr. Magoo considering he can't recognize his own worst enemy due to a set of glasses.

#270 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:27 AM

It has already been mentioned, but the stupidity of Kara in TLD. Although, this did lead into the great cargo net scene.