Bye...bye Aaron Hernandez!

#3002 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:06 AM

The 2015 NFL schedule has been announced!! What does everyone think of their team's schedule? Any particular match-ups you are looking forward to?

For me, I love the way 2015 is looking for the Broncos.. No rediculous early bye week this season..Week 7 is a great time for it..and for once the Patriots have to come to Mile High during the regular season.. Also looking forward to a rematch with Indianapolis and seeing old friends in Chicago like John Fox and Adam Gase...We also have to play the Steelers in Pittsburgh late in the season and Green Bay comes to the Mile High city on Nov. 1st.. :)

#3003 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:13 AM

I haven't had a chance to look at it in depth, but I did notice that we have a second straight year of all-NFC action on Thanksgiving.  Poor form, Mr. Goodell.

#3004 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

SD plays  the Bears and Steelers on MNF at home this year. Bears are my # 2 team so Yippee. I can see the Bolts going 11-5 to 12-4 as long as they draft well and make Rivers and Weddle happy.

#3005 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:30 PM

Tarl,

I haven't read today's local news, BUT as of yesterday it sure seemed to me that the media here in San Diego think there is a good chance Rivers is done.  His is not thrilled with the organization of late and even the remote possibility of the LA Chargers is a total non-starter for him.  He is still young enough and effective enough to attract suitors.

Hey, if "Cry me a" Rivers is gone...I can now have San Diego as my #2 team to root for again!  Been a long time since I could say that...

#3006 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

Other than losing a home game to London, I'm pleased with the Chiefs schedule this year. A rough first 6 games, but after that should be fairly simple. I see us splitting home and home with Denver, sweeping both SD and Oakland and finishing at 12-4 and a playoff spot.

#3007 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:49 PM

My early belief is that Green Bay will again rule the NFC North (as long as Rodgers stays healthy) and should be the team to beat in the NFC. The Colts received maybe the easiest schedule of all time with 10 games against BOTH south divisions. It'll, once again, allow the Colts a minimum of 10 wins and again blind people to the fact that Andrew Luck is overrated.

#3008 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:52 AM

For the most part I like the Jets schedule.  It's fairly easy (as NFL schedules go) up until we hit the buzzsaw that is our final three weeks where we're at Dallas on a Saturday night, at home against the Pats*, and off to face the clown show in Buffalo to close out the season.

This will be an exciting season, though, especially with the new rivalry forming in the AFC East.  Ask any Jets fan, prior to this season the Jets and Bills weren't a rivalry.  I've never hated the Bills, and often found myself rooting for them when they weren't playing the Jets.  That is over.  I might actually hate the Bills more now than the Pats*.  Well, on second thought, maybe not, but the Bills are just about on par with them.  Seriously, a decade and a half ago if you'd told me that there would come a time when the Dolphins were my least hated team in the AFC East, I'd have laughed, yet here we are.

#3009 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:37 AM

This will be an exciting season, though, especially with the new rivalry forming in the AFC East.  Ask any Jets fan, prior to this season the Jets and Bills weren't a rivalry.  I've never hated the Bills, and often found myself rooting for them when they weren't playing the Jets.  That is over.  I might actually hate the Bills more now than the Pats*.  Well, on second thought, maybe not, but the Bills are just about on par with them.  Seriously, a decade and a half ago if you'd told me that there would come a time when the Dolphins were my least hated team in the AFC East, I'd have laughed, yet here we are.

You shouldn't really hate on the Bills. Maybe feel sorry for them now that they have this absolute clown as a QB.

giphy.gif

Yes, I realize he's with the Chiefs here... but no more, thank God.

#3010 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:13 AM

This will be an exciting season, though, especially with the new rivalry forming in the AFC East. Ask any Jets fan, prior to this season the Jets and Bills weren't a rivalry. I've never hated the Bills, and often found myself rooting for them when they weren't playing the Jets. That is over. I might actually hate the Bills more now than the Pats*. Well, on second thought, maybe not, but the Bills are just about on par with them. Seriously, a decade and a half ago if you'd told me that there would come a time when the Dolphins were my least hated team in the AFC East, I'd have laughed, yet here we are.

You shouldn't really hate on the Bills. Maybe feel sorry for them now that they have this absolute clown as a QB.

giphy.gif

I doubt he's the QB. I think it'll be either Manuel or Tyrod Taylor.

Regardless, any team that employs Wrecks Ryan deserves all the scorn that is cast upon them. There has never been, aside from perhaps Mike Shanahan, a more overrated head coach in the NFL.

#3011 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

This will be an exciting season, though, especially with the new rivalry forming in the AFC East. Ask any Jets fan, prior to this season the Jets and Bills weren't a rivalry. I've never hated the Bills, and often found myself rooting for them when they weren't playing the Jets. That is over. I might actually hate the Bills more now than the Pats*. Well, on second thought, maybe not, but the Bills are just about on par with them. Seriously, a decade and a half ago if you'd told me that there would come a time when the Dolphins were my least hated team in the AFC East, I'd have laughed, yet here we are.

giphy.gif

I doubt he's the QB. I think it'll be either Manuel or Tyrod Taylor.

Regardless, any team that employs Wrecks Ryan deserves all the scorn that is cast upon them. There has never been, aside from perhaps Mike Shanahan, a more overrated head coach in the NFL.

I know, just the fact that he's roster poison!

Agreed on the Ryan bashing.

#3012 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Remind me again..what QB is that? Brodie Croyle?? Tyler Thigpen?

#3013 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

Remind me again..what QB is that? Brodie Croyle?? Tyler Thigpen?

Matt flippin' Cassel...  :angry:

#3014 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

Oh right...sorry for my forgetfulness... :D

#3015 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

Agreed on the Ryan bashing.

It feels great to finally see the light and see what everyone has been trying to tell me the last six years. 

It'll also be rather interesting to see if the league investigates his continued verbal assault against Jace Amaro should Amaro get injured in either game against the Bills this season. 

#3016 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:07 AM

Its been a while.

Draft is 2 days away! Cannot wait!

#3017 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:32 AM

Welcome back, hcmv! It has been a while... Yes, I'm getting stoked for the draft as well.. :)

#3018 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:55 AM

I'm excited as well.  For the first time since Bill Parcells was the Jets' coach (so, for the first time in a decade and a half) we finally have people in charge who seem to know what the heck they're doing.  Uncharted territory for the franchise.

Still, that will make it even more entertaining when they botch this draft.  Once you put on that polo shirt with the Jets' logo on it, you become incapable of conducting a decent draft.

#3019 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

A little over 4 hours to go and things seem to be getting interesting.  Tennesse has already, according to reports, had discussions with the Browns, Jets, Rams, and Eagles about trading the #2 pick.

#3020 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

Happy NFL Draft Day everyone! Hope everyone's teams do well today.. :) I'm curious to see if the whispers about the Browns putting all their chips on the table to trade with the Tennessee Titans at #2 to get Marcus Mariota do come true..Whatever the case, it looks like the end for Johnny Manziel in Cleveland...and by the way the Browns' new uniforms look AWFUL! LOL

#3021 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:02 PM

I hope, for Mariota's sake, that the Browns don't trade up for him.  From all accounts, he's a great guy with a great work ethic.  He deserves to have some success in the NFL and not have to go to a team that will all but certainly ruin his career before it even begins.

#3022 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

I'm getting the vibe that Jeff Fisher will get the Rams to trade up and draft Mariota. There's some good weapons on that St. Louis offense - they just need a catalyst.

#3023 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:30 AM

And, we go defense again.  The defense had better be one of the all-time great defenses because the offense still stinks.

#3024 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:18 AM

Cornerback in the first round? For once, the Chiefs made the move I wanted them to!

#3025 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Oh dear!! I fear we just gave up too much for a guy in Shane Ray..who just got busted for marijuana and is injured.. I hope Gary Kubiak knows what he is doing..

#3026 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:18 AM

A local boy!! Tackle Ty Sembralio from Colo St.. Selected by the Broncos.. Great pick!!

#3027 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:12 PM

My hats off to Mike Maccagnan:

tumblr_m6odkq8jNo1qbolbn.gif

The rookie GM for the Jets had a terrific draft, the best Jets draft in years (decades?).  

We got:

-Leonard Williams (considered by many to be the best prospect in the draft)

-Devin Smith (WR with great speed to stretch defenses for Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker)

-Lorenzo Mauldin (the pass rusher we so desperately need)

-Bryce Petty (competition for Geno and Fitzpatrick)

and to top it all off, Maccagnan managed to turn two draft picks (their 5th and 7th) into three potential starters.  For those two picks, they managed to acquire:

-Brandon Marshall

-Ryan Fitzpatrick

-Zac Stacy

Terrific job.  Finally, there's reason for optimism.  The grownups are finally in charge in New York.

#3028 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:43 AM

My hats off to Mike Maccagnan:

tumblr_m6odkq8jNo1qbolbn.gif

My hats off to you, tdalton, for use of the world's greatest gif. Always makes me smile  :)

#3029 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

" Cus he's Tom Shady.. Yes he's the real Shady..All you other Tom Shadys are just imitating so won't the real Tom Shady please fess up, please fess up, please fess up..."  NOT lookin good for Mr. Brady at all.. :ohmy:

#3030 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:30 PM

" Cus he's Tom Shady.. Yes he's the real Shady..All you other Tom Shadys are just imitating so won't the real Tom Shady please fess up, please fess up, please fess up..."  NOT lookin good for Mr. Brady at all.. :ohmy:

He's rich and got a smokin' hot wife. He'll be fine... unfortunately.