Frank Gore to indy.

#2972 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:10 PM

Yep...and Jimmy Graham to Seattle, Julius Thomas to Jacksonville, Owen Daniels to Denver, Sam Bradford to Eagles for Nick Foles..my, the free agent signings are happening fast and furiously! :)

#2973 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

edit: Apparently the reports on Brees being on the block were false.  Bummer.  Same rumors had the Jets interested in the trade.

#2974 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

My face when I heard the Chiefs signed Jeremy Maclin...

edge.gif

#2975 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:51 PM

No idea what Chip Kelly was thinking letting Maclin out the door.  I guess Riley Cooper is all he needs for a successful offense.

#2976 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

This Eagles firesale really does leave me scratching my head...

#2977 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

Mevi$ is back with the Jets.  Dark day for the franchise, as far as I'm concerned.  I was honestly hoping he'd resign with New England.

Yes, I'm being serious.

#2978 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:47 AM

Seattle lost a damn good center, Max Unger (Go Ducks!) in the Graham trade. Methinks they'll regret it.

Also surprised that Kelly was keen to let Foles go. That's a head-scratcher.

#2979 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

Seattle lost a damn good center, Max Unger (Go Ducks!) in the Graham trade. Methinks they'll regret it.

Also surprised that Kelly was keen to let Foles go. That's a head-scratcher.

Everything Chip Kelly has done this offseason has been a head scratcher.  Honestly, if I were Eagles' ownership, I'd be having an emergency meeting with the rest of the ownership group to discuss either stripping Kelly of his new GM responsibilities or outright firing him, because what he's done to that franchise this offseason has been borderline sabotage.  Nick Foles for a guy who can't put together more than a handful of starts in a row because of his knees?  Seriously, that's just stupid, plus he actually gave up draft picks to the Rams as part of the deal.  That's either stupidity, incompetence, or sabotage, and all three of those are fireable offenses.

#2980 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

Ryan Fitzpatrick traded from the Texans to the Jets for a 7th round pick.

Basically, this means that Mike Mccagnan traded the Jets' 5th round pick this year and received WR Brandon Marshall and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick in return, as the 7th they traded for Fitzpatrick was the one they got back in the Marshall trade.  Very well done.

#2981 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

so long Ryan Mathews(RB, SD) to Philly...now they have two injury prone players at most important positions. :wacko:  :wacko:

#2982 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

FINALLY they get this guy off the books.  Why does SD struggle so much with these moves?  They keep coaches and players for years past their usefulness.  Leadership at the top issue?

And what the hell is going on in Philly?  Seems like Chip Kelly is hanging around Josh McDaniels these days, listening to their favorite band, Suicidal Tendencies.

If Chip wants to jump onto another grenade...Jay Cutler would look great in green, Chicago.

#2983 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:33 PM

I think it's going to be a miserable season for the Philadelphia Eagles... Chip Kelly should already start feeling the heat on his backside.. :mellow:

#2984 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

I think it's going to be a miserable season for the Philadelphia Eagles... Chip Kelly should already start feeling the heat on his backside.. :mellow:

The sad thing is it's all self-inflicted.  They had a pretty good offense and were another #1 receiver-type and some O-line help (both of which could be addressed in this year's FA and draft) from being an elite offense. 

Dallas must loving all of this.  It'll be a three-way fight for a very distant second place in the NFC East between the Giants, Redskins, and Eagles.

#2985 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

The sad thing is it's all self-inflicted.  They had a pretty good offense and were another #1 receiver-type and some O-line help (both of which could be addressed in this year's FA and draft) from being an elite offense. 

Dallas must loving all of this.  It'll be a three-way fight for a very distant second place in the NFC East between the Giants, Redskins, and Eagles.

Worst of all, Philly actually had a very good team until Foles went down. The Eagles might have actually won the NFC East last year had Foles stayed healthy. On top of that, they traded him for a QB that has an even WORSE track record of staying healthy. I completely 100 % agree that Kelly needs to be fired. I wonder though if Philly's brass would just replace him with Isaiah Thomas?

#2986 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:20 PM

And, funny enough, all that talk about Kelly wanting to move up for Mariota is now a moot point.  He had plenty of trade bait to make it happen, as I'm more than certain the Jets would have taken Foles as part of a package to move up and get Mariota at #6.  Pretty sure the Titans would have been agreeable to that kind of deal as well.  Now they have nothing of value to trade after basically giving Foles and McCoy away and letting Maclin walk out the door to Kansas City.

#2987 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

FINALLY they get this guy off the books.  Why does SD struggle so much with these moves?  They keep coaches and players for years past their usefulness.  Leadership at the top issue?

And what the hell is going on in Philly?  Seems like Chip Kelly is hanging around Josh McDaniels these days, listening to their favorite band, Suicidal Tendencies.

If Chip wants to jump onto another grenade...Jay Cutler would look great in green, Chicago.

Mathews scored 23 tds in 4 seasons and only started one full 16 week year. Good luck with that Philly.Love the guy's talent but he's not a huge loss for SD.

#2988 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:05 PM

That was another curious move by the Eagles.  I like Mathews and think he's a good back, but you're basically replacing LeSean McCoy, a guy who I believe is only a year removed from winning a rushing title, with a guy who, while good, is rather injury prone.  Maybe Chip Kelly just has a thing for guys who get hurt all the time.

#2989 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:49 PM

Maybe Chip Kelly has a thing for college football, and this is his fastest way back.

#2990 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:25 PM

According to Adam Schefter, Ryan Matthews still has not signed the contract with Philly and now it appears that DeMarco Murray is saying a big F. you! to the Cowboys and is on his way to sign a deal with the Eagles.. Lol!!

#2991 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

Maybe Mathews can sign with Dallas...I'd root for him to do well. Still, why would any RB wanna leave that O-Line and 0% state income tax? Especially for Philly?

#2992 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

Apparently the Eagles aren't done trading yet.  They're now shopping lineman Evan Mathis. 

And the Jets have officially signed Antonio Cromartie.  Welcome back!  I think it's safe to say that the Jets have gone from the worst secondary of all time to potentially one of the best in the league in the span of three days.  Nice work Maccagnan.

#2993 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:17 AM

Maybe Chip Kelly has a thing for college football, and this is his fastest way back.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#2994 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:40 AM

I must say, this has been one of the strangest free agent periods in a long time. The Pats win the Super Bowl and do the Florida Marlins fire sale. The Jets retool everything except their biggest weakness. The Eagles completely gut their team....for literally no reason. The Colts again forget that a defense is necessary to win a championship. I honestly have no idea what any of these teams are thinking right now. The AFC east might be more competitive, but I still think the Rams might be th biggest winners by dumping that useless sack of garbage that is Sam Bradford for a better passer.

#2995 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:49 AM

I must say, this has been one of the strangest free agent periods in a long time. The Pats win the Super Bowl and do the Florida Marlins fire sale. The Jets retool everything except their biggest weakness. The Eagles completely gut their team....for literally no reason. The Colts again forget that a defense is necessary to win a championship. I honestly have no idea what any of these teams are thinking right now. The AFC east might be more competitive, but I still think the Rams might be th biggest winners by dumping that useless sack of garbage that is Sam Bradford for a better passer.

I am guessing the Colts will be addressing their defense concerns in the draft. Otherwise, I have been impressed with them, the Seahawks and I'm intrigued by what the Eagles are doing.

#2996 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:02 AM

I can see not understanding what the Eagles and Colts are doing, but I think what the Jets are doing has been nothing short of sensational.  The only reason that they haven't significantly addressed the QB situation is that there's no possible way of truly addressing it in this offseason.  There are no free agent QBs that they could bring in that are much of an improvement over what they have in house.  They made a smart trade to bring in Fitzpatrick, who if he can just play average, gives the Jets a chance to compete for a playoff spot.

But, what they've done on defense has been beyond brilliant.  If the Jets defense finishes outside of the Top 3 defenses in the league, I'll be shocked.  That defensive line, which was already one of the two or three best lines in the league now backed by what is unquestionably the best secondary in the NFL should make for one of the nastiest defenses we've seen in the NFL for a while. 

#2997 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

The Eagles must really be desperate for a QB...they are giving Tim Tebow a workout today..oh dear!! Lol..

#2998 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:39 PM

The Eagles must really be desperate for a QB...they are giving Tim Tebow a workout today..oh dear!! Lol..

But...I thought Sam Bradford was the ideal guy to run Chip Kelly's offense?

If they were to sign Tebow, that would at least help us make sense of him getting rid of his two best receivers in the past year.  If you have Tebow at QB, you have no need for WRs.

#2999 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

The Colts won't address their defense in the draft. They never do. They'll uselessly draft 12 wide receivers again to complement the 32 year old Frank Gore and 33 year old Andre Johnson. They haven't really done much to improve their team, despite what it may seem. The AFC east is decidedly better and should make for a somewhat more interesting race. I still can't make heads or tails of the Eagles. Replacing the aging McCoy with Demarco Murray was definitely an upgrade, but I'm still not unconvinced that Murray isn't more than a one hit wonder. I think Dallas was right to let him go. Now, on to the draft...

#3000 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:47 AM

Falcons fined $350,000 and forfeit their 2016 5th-round pick for enhancing crowd noise at the Georgia Dome

Browns GM Ray Farmer suspended 4 games, Browns fined fined $250,000 for in-game texting violations

Now all that's left is "Deflategate" and the increasingly stupid tampering war between the Patriots and Jets.