3181 replies to this topic

#3031 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

Tom Brady suspended 4 games, Pats docked $1 million and lose a 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th round pick in 2017.. Wowzers!!'

#3032 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:11 PM

This "punishment" is an absolute disgrace.  Only four games for systematic cheating.  Every team should cheat their way to a Super Bowl, since it'll only cost you four games and a 1st rounder.  If I were the Jets, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.  

Roger Goodell has plummeted this league into a position that he can longer dig it out from.  He must be fired.  Until the other 31 owners stand up and fire him, then they stand with him in condoning cheating.

#3033 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

NFL Reviews to soon arrive! I hope to do all 32 teams by Labor Day

#3034 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

Looking forward to the analysis, hcmv.  This has become a yearly event/tradition for the ballers on CBn.

#3035 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

Training camps starting up this week!! The NFL machine cranks into life... :)...and yet the Brady vs Goodell decision has not budged one inch...seriously?? Definitely a lose-lose situation for Rog.. Best of luck everyone on a good season for your teams!

#3036 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

Bye, bye, Brady, bye, bye... :wacko:

#3037 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

Brady is a cheat and a liar. Fact.

#3038 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:15 AM

Sadly, Brady will probably win his court case against the NFL.  While he doesn't have much of a case on the surface, the federal court system loves sticking it to the NFL, so I can't say that I'd be surprised if his suspension is ultimately vacated.

Regardless, his cheating was apparently worth it.  They won the Super Bowl.  Until they take that away from them, anything else is just a slap on the wrist and seen by the organization as the cost of doing business.

#3039 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

Looking forward to the analysis, hcmv.  This has become a yearly event/tradition for the ballers on CBn.

Planning on doing my 1st reviews next week. Hoping to go more in depth but work has been crazy lately.

Glad youve enjoyed them :)

#3040 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

Kiss any chance the Jets had this season goodbye.

http://espn.go.com/n...eeks-broken-jaw

Good riddance to the no-name that "sucker punched" Geno. Now, we're in the hands of Ryan Fitzpatrick, one of the worst QBs in the league. Geno was showing promise (hasn't thrown a pick in 13 days of camp), and now we've got Fitzpatrick leading an otherwise loaded roster. 6-10 here we come.

Somebody call Brett Favre.

#3041 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:05 PM

The Jets have a black cloud over their heads like I have never seen. Hang in their sports fans (especially tdalton).

#3042 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

You just learn to accept these things as a Jets fan. I swear, Namath must have made a deal with the devil for the Super Bowl III title, cursing the franchise for the rest of time. Things were going too well this offseason. Something catastrophic had to happen, otherwise they'd be the New York Giants.

Lesson one of being a Jets fan, if things are going well, something bad is coming right around the corner. It's a scientific fact. Lesson two, which ties back into number one, don't get your hopes up over anything. They're only going to get crushed.

#3043 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:50 AM

2016 AFC East Preview

1. New England Patriots

Offense: It will be a tough 4 game stretch without Tom Brady, but Jimmy Garoppolo should do fine as long  as he can manage the game. The WR's look sharp led by Julien Edelman and former LSU star Brandon LaFell. TE Rob Gronkowski will be back, and if he can stay healthy should be a good safety valve. The O-Line looks solid, which is good news for RB' LaGarrett Blount, but backing him up will be a few new faces. Former Saint Travaris Cadet will vie for time with Jonas Gray, who was solid in the post season a year ago.

Defense: Remember when this was the top Defense in the NFL in the early to mid 2000's? They are a far cry from those days. The front 4 (Ninkovich, Brown, Easley & Jones) are a solid group, but depth is going to be an issue. The LB's are questionable, Jerrod Mayo is a beast but they need Dante Hightower to get healthy if this is going to be a good group. The CB's are going to be a big question mark, but the Safeties look solid.

Outlook: This wont be a huge season, and the 1st 4 games are not going to be easy, but if the secondary can gel, and not too many mistakes are made by an inexperienced QB, its not tough to see the Pats going 11-5 and hosting a game on Wild Card Weekend

2. Miami Dolphins

Offense: Its time for QB Ryan Tannehill to finally breakout, and it looks like 2015 is a make or break year for him. The O-Line is getting better, but I think depth is an issue after the first 5. The WR's are led by former LSU star Jarvis Landry (who can also make cool one hand catches), but somebody else needs to step up. Coby Hamilton and Brandon Stills look like they can help out, but TE's Jordan Cameron and Dion Stills need to step it up as well. The RB's I thought needed more of an upgrade, but are still good led by Lamar Miller & Damien Williams.

Defense: This is where the Dolphins made a major upgrade adding Ndomakung Suh in free agency. This should help Cameron Wake and the other members of the front 4 play much better. I like the depth as the Dolphins can roll in a strong 8 man DL rotation. The LB's are a question mark, as nobody really stands out yet. The secondary is also a big question due to lack of experience.

Outlook: They wont win the division, but can win some games they shouldnt but lose games they should win. It will be frustrating but I see this team going 9-7 and somehow making it into the post season.

3. Buffalo Bills

Offense: I am no fan of EJ Manuel as a franchise QB, but Matt Cassell is no franchise guy either. The good news is the O-Line is solid, maybe one of the most underrated in the NFL. The WR;'s are also good, Percy Harvin brings much needed big play potential not just as a WR but on jet sweep runs as well. Hopefully Sammy Watkins isnt out too long. The TE play needs to improve and rookir Nick O'Keary should be a lift here. The RB's look good once LeSean McCoy and Anthony Dixon get healthy.

Defense: The front 4 has good depth at DT, but not at DE so that is a major sign that its going to be a long season. Depth at MLB is crucial, but the OLB's should be fine. Expect some late free agency help at MLB. The secondary ahs 1 great CB in Leodis McKelvin, but this unti has fallen in the last 2 years due to free agency.

Outlook: Rex Ryan aint the guy to turn the Bills around. I hate to say it Bills fans but this is a long way down. I will be positive and say 5-11.

4. New York Jets

Offense: Geno Smith and his broken jaw will be out at least 6 weeks, but likely 8. Its up to Ryan Fitzpatrick and rookie QB Bryce Petty to get the offense going. The O-Line is anchored by D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who is a good LT and C Nick Mangold. Not much on the OL after those 2. Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall are huge upgrades at WR, so look for the Jets to actually have a good or decent passing game. Ground and pound didnt work too well the last few years, but RB's are led by Chris Ivory and Steven Ridley (once he's healthy).

Defense: The front 3 is a giant ? mark. The LB's are meh, and the DB's are the only guys worth talking about with Darelle Revis back.

Outlook: Its not good. 3-13 and likely the top pick in 2016.

#3044 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:37 AM

I don't think you're giving the Jets enough credit.  Having actual grownups in charge of the organization now will reap immediate dividends in the win column.  Looking back at least season, with that talent-starved team that John Idzik put out onto the field, they took several elite teams down to the wire (Denver, Green Bay, New England twice).  The defense has been vastly improved, even if Sheldon Richardson doesn't step foot on the field this season.  The D-line will be fine, once Wilkerson gets fully healthy from his injury and slides in alongside Harrison and Williams. 

The offense is a question mark, but it'll improve greatly after the team's bye week when Geno should be able to return.  If Fitzpatrick can manage not to play moderately competent football (a stretch, I know) and get maybe 2 wins before Geno comes back, then I think that they can make some noise in the wild card race.  The Patriots* will win the division again, but the rest of the division isn't going to be the pushover that they usually are, at least the Dolphins and Jets won't be.

The Jets might indeed finish in 4th place, but there's no way that the team that GM Mike Maccagnan has assembled will somehow manage to win 1 game less than what that trainwreck of a team last year managed to pull out. 

As for the Bills, Rex Ryan is going to destroy that franchise so quickly the Bills fans (although they should already know this, having seen it happen to the Jets) are going to wonder exactly why they were ever excited for his hiring in the first place.  Rex is a terrible coach who has zero idea of how to build a team and then competently coach it.  If Rex lasts longer than 3 years, I'll be shocked, because he has no business being an NFL coach, and I'd hope that within 3 years the Pegulas would figure that out.

#3045 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

Super Bowl 50
Pittsburgh 34 - Green Bay 27
Let it be known.

#3046 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

Super Bowl 50
Let it be known.

Right score, wrong teams.

Denver 34 - Green Bay 27

#3047 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:47 AM

Super Bowl 50
Let it be known.

Right score, wrong teams.

Denver 34 - Green Bay 27

Still wrong teams as well as wrong order.

Green Bay 34 - Baltimore 27

#3048 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

(Let's go for something totally unexpected) How about Buffalo 28 - Philadelphia 24 or Minnesota 21 - Jacksonville 19 ?? Lol!! (I'll have my real prediction for the Super Bowl by mid-season..)

#3049 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

Anybody but Buffalo. I could stomach another Patriots* "championship", but not the Bills.

Not sure who my pick is going to be yet. Haven't seen enough preseason games yet to get a good idea.

#3050 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:18 AM

The rest of the AFC Ill get to next week, and hopefully the NFC by Sept 4th

#3051 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:10 AM

Andy Dalton and the rest of the 1st team Bengals looked to be in fine playoff form tonight...what with all the turnovers and penalties!! Lol..

#3052 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:56 PM

Green Bay picked up James Jones. My expectation is he'll be the number 3 receiver as Cobb and Adam both moved up following the injury to Nelson.

#3053 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

Let headsetgate commence!! :D

Err..more importantly.. :wacko: 

http://www.nfl.com/n...th-patriots-fan

"WHERE IS ROGER??!! *CLAP, CLAP, CLAP-CLAP, CLAP * "WHERE IS ROGER??!! *CLAP, CLAP, CLAP-CLAP, CLAP!! "

Edited by The Dove, 11 September 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#3054 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

Let headsetgate commence!! :D

I'm surprised that it took until now for that issue to gain any traction with the media.  Weird things have always happened with the headsets in New England.  It's like they can't really help themselves at this point, as cheating is just so entrenched in the culture of that franchise.

#3055 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

I may be drunk on my Big Red Kool-Aid, but here goes: A rematch of Super Bowl I, KC v GB (but with the good guys pulling it off this time :D). Chiefs 31 - Packers 27

#3056 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:34 PM

I've heard rumblings about KC doing something this year. I don't follow them much so not sure what to expect.

#3057 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:11 AM

The NFL cleared the Patriots of any wrongdoing in the headset-(sigh) gate.

#3058 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:45 PM

The SPECTRE TV spot has been showing during commercial breaks during the games this morning!! Keep your eyes peeled, guys!

#3059 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:26 PM

Better Late than Never (but heavily redacted: I havent been able to get wifi for a couple weeks :(  )

AFC West

1. Denver Broncos: I am reluctantly going with the Broncos, heavily concerned with Mannings age, but the defense is solid, and if a RB can step up this will be a special year. Predicted record: 10-6

2. San Diego Chargers: I like the explosiveness of this offense, if Melvin Gordon can catch fire, watch out. I have some concerns on the defense but the offense may wash out those. Predicted record: 9-7

3. Kansas City Chiefs: They need a WR to step up, all concerns are on hte offense. Good enough defensively to win, but lack firepower on O. Predicted Record: 6-10

4. Oakland Raiders: Cellar dwellers, but a young team. Potential great QB/WR comobo in Derek Carr & Amari Cooper. But can they improve defensively? Predicted Record: 4-12

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh Steelers: They looked good on Thurs, had a chance to win. Good enough to withstand the brutal division. Predicted Record: 9-7

2. Baltimore Ravens: Need to find a passing game. Defense will suffer without Suggs. Predicted Record: 7-9

3. Cincinatti Bengals: Andy Dalton wont win a post season game this season. Defense really dropping off this year. Predicted Record: 7-9

4. Cleveland Browns: No postseason in sight. Need a massive change in the front office. Too many busts. Predicted Record: 3-13

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts: Chuck Pagano is facing what Harbaugh did LY with 49ers, need a WR to step up. Predicted Record: 9-7

2. Tennessee Titans: Good defense, all Mariota has to do is manage the game. Predicted Record 8-8

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Improving. But slowly. Predicted Record: 7-9

4. Houston Texans: WIth Hoyer at QB its going to be a long season. But they have a good defense. Predicted Record: 6-10

NFC North

1. Green Bay Packers: I think this will still be a good team, but need to overcome NFC title game loss. Predicted Record: 12-4

2. Minnesota Vikings: Bridgewater showed he could throw, now he has AP back. Watch him run! Predicted Record: 10-6

3. Detroit Lions: Offense fine; defense is another story. Predicted Record: 9-7

4. Chicago Bears: Cutler blows. Nuff said. Predicted Record: 7-9

NFC South

1. Atlanta Falcons: NO fan of theirs but this is a good team. Predicted Record: 11-5

2. Carolina Panthers: Even if Cam is fighting teammates still the best D in the division. Predicted Record: 8-8

3. New Orleans Saints: No Jimmy Graham, no red zone offense. Saw that yesterday. No pressure from D at all. Predicted Record: 6-10

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Long season. Long season. Predicted Record: 4-12

NFC East.

1. Dallas Cowboys: Best O-Line in hte NFL. Defense is average, but can get off the field. Predicted Record: 10-6

2. NY Giants: Great potential in passing game but need a RB to step up. Will JPP absence be something they overcome? Predicted Record: 10-6

3. Philadelphia Eagles: Sam Bradford is the Glass Man, Murray a lift to the run game but there is little on the o line. Decent defense. Predicted Record: 7-9

4. Washington Redskins: They suck. Predicted Record: 1-15

NFC West

1. Arizona Cardinals: If they find a RB and a run game, this is a Super Bowl team. Palmer needs to stay healthy. Defense is great. Predicted Record: 11-5

2. St Louis Rams: Good defense. Foles fits better in this system. Defense is the best right now, pending contracts. Predicted Record: 9-7

3. Seattle Seahawks: Yes you have Jimmy Graham but can you protect Russ Wilson? Cam Chancellor's absence will be felt. Predicted Record: 8-8

4. San Francisco 49ers: Hosting SB 50 so no playoffs, and no winning season. Predicted Record: 2-14

#3060 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:11 PM

For the NFC- the road to the Super Bowl will go through Seattle. I'm picking either Seattle or Green Bay to represent the NFC.