537 replies to this topic

#421 bryonalston

bryonalston

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:09 PM

I just thought I'd pull these credentials back up. If this man isn't James Bond off-screen, then I don't know who is... After reading the list below, you should agree that Visnjic is the epitome of :) :) :)

[quote name='lion-storm' date='24 July 2005 - 13:17']More news here:

Posted Image

http://www.sundaymir...-name_page.html

Personally, I'm all for Mr. Visnjic playing Bond.  The man is custom built for it. Bond can do just about everything, and so can Visnjic.

- He's skilled in kung fu - 4 years and counting (Nov. 24, 2004. Wizard Magazine

#422 fatima

fatima

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:37 PM

Well i'm not going to make this an Adrian thread--this is Goran's place.  I'll just add Bryonalston that that we simply strongly disagree--i'd hate for goran to be Bond and you Adrian. :)  Such is life.  Everyone has critics and everyone has opinions.  Would be boring otherwise. :)

View Post

Also, without wishing to make this an Adrian Paul thread :)

I do think Adrian Paul would have made an excellent Bond. Unfortunately, now that they are taking 3 years and then 4 years and who knows next time it could be five years to make a film :) At 46 he could well be over 60 by the time he got to the end of his contract :) Unfortunately, I think any new Bond needs to be no older than mid thirties to have any chance of a credible run in the part :)

#423 bryonalston

bryonalston

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:46 PM

I think Paul would have made a good Bond 10 years ago, at the peak of his career, or even in the early 90's for a few films, but Brosnan (who was a natural candidate for the role) came along. He does look like Connery (only he seems to have too muscly of a frame for the usually slender and lean Bond.) Such is life indeed.

#424 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:01 PM

[quote name='fatima' date='31 July 2005 - 21:37'][quote name='Seannery' date='31 July 2005 - 19:19']Well i'm not going to make this an Adrian thread--this is Goran's place.

#425 fatima

fatima

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:27 PM

[quote name='Seannery' date='31 July 2005 - 21:01'][quote name='fatima' date='31 July 2005 - 21:37'][quote name='Seannery' date='31 July 2005 - 19:19']Well i'm not going to make this an Adrian thread--this is Goran's place.

#426 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:29 PM

Has anyone noticed a slight look of Kevin Kline about Goran?. :)

#427 bryonalston

bryonalston

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:39 PM

Has anyone noticed a slight look of Kevin Kline about Goran?.  :)

View Post

Not really, but I can see where you got the idea from. Goran doesn't look like many other actors (with the exception of Orlando Bloom (the cheekbones, etc., who, BTW, looks a lot younger than his age, so he could easily play a Bond in his early 20's.)

#428 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:42 PM

I agree, and I for one would party till dawn if he was confirmed. :)

#429 cvheady007

cvheady007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:41 AM

Agreed. Pierce is still my top choice, but I would not be disappointed if Goran gets the nod.

#430 Slaezenger

Slaezenger

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:39 AM

...I am speaking about it now -- not 69. The film is an embarassment. That actor had no business being thrust into that picture, the fault wasn't his, but those who put him there. I am sorry pal, but the film is awful.

Slaezenger

[quote name='Bondian' date='31 July 2005 - 18:30']Sorry I missed this one Slaezenger.

I like the Bond films better when I look back at them.

I agree, at the time of On Her Majesty’s Secret Service it was probably frowned upon to cast Lazenby in the part. But now, when looking back, it was a one-off masterpiece.

Cheers Mate,

Ian

[quote name='Slaezenger' date='31 July 2005 - 04:42']Ian,

I don't want to steer too far afield in this thread, so I will try and keep it in context.

#431 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:50 AM

You may be embarrassed by the film and the actor.

I am not. I find it an enduring thrill and joy. And George was great.

#432 lion-storm

lion-storm

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:43 AM

Hi BryonAlton,

How much younger would the younger Bond need to be? Orlando Bloom is only 5 years younger than Goran Visnjic. :)

Oh, and to my list of GV's skills and talent, you can add:

Won $20,000 for charity in a celebrity pool competition (July 25, 2005 "BallBreakers!" The Game Show Network) :)

Edited by lion-storm, 01 August 2005 - 05:13 AM.

#433 bryonalston

bryonalston

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:15 AM

Say that Visnjic's Bond is 35, I would say that the young Bond should be about 21 to 24, an age which Orlando Bloom could get away with convincingly. It would be ideal if the Young Bond sequence took place in 1992, towards the end of the Cold War. However, Visnjic doesn't look 14 years older the Bloom, but then on the other hand, Brosnan's Bond looked exactly the same in the GE PTS as he did in the film even though 9 years had past. I guess if Bloom played the young Bond, suspension of disbelief would have to kick in (or the ages of the old Bond and the current one might not have to be revealed in CR.)

#434 Loeffelholz

Loeffelholz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:53 AM

Not sure if there is enough space between the two actors, but I do rather like the idea of a young/older Bond, the older Bond coming back to take care of unfinished business.

This would be uncharacteristically bold of Eon, and therefore a huge shock.

#435 MarJil

MarJil

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:55 AM

Visnjic could have piloted the space shuttle and did a swan dive off the wing during reentry into a bathtub for all I care, but it still doesn't make him suitable to play James Bond. All that matters is if he is believable as a BRITISH secret agent, which means he has to deliver a flawless BRITISH accent, one that will win over British fans who might feel insulted that they chose someone for whom English is his second language to play the quintessential British movie icon.

#436 Loeffelholz

Loeffelholz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:03 AM

Visnjic could have piloted the space shuttle and did a swan dive off the wing during reentry into a bathtub for all I care, but it still doesn't make him suitable to play James Bond.  All that matters is if he is believable as a BRITISH secret agent, which means he has to deliver a flawless BRITISH accent, one that will win over British fans who might feel insulted that they chose someone for whom English is his second language to play the quintessential British movie icon.

View Post

My point exactly. I'm not saying he can't DO it, but he makes me nervous. He will have to work twice as hard as anyone else to get it right: dialect/elocution coaches 'round the clock. No margin for error whatsoever on Bond's accent.

#437 bryonalston

bryonalston

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:11 AM

[quote name='Loeffelholz' date='31 July 2005 - 23:03'][quote name='MarJil' date='1 August 2005 - 05:55']Visnjic could have piloted the space shuttle and did a swan dive off the wing during reentry into a bathtub for all I care, but it still doesn't make him suitable to play James Bond.

#438 Loeffelholz

Loeffelholz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:13 AM

I hope you're right.

#439 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:08 AM

I just finished watching Goran in "Elektra".

Reconfirmed my feeling that he would not be my choice for Bond.

There is an accent issue, and his look is not right, IMO.

He did do a decent job playing the damsel in distress, however. :)

#440 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:46 AM

I just finished watching Goran in "Elektra".

He did do a decent job playing the damsel in distress, however.  :)

View Post

Come on, Bon-San - Goran played a part in "Elektra" that wasn

#441 Bon-san

Bon-san

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4124 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:57 AM

[quote name='SecretAgentFan' date='1 August 2005 - 06:46'][quote name='Bon-san' date='1 August 2005 - 11:08']I just finished watching Goran in "Elektra".

He did do a decent job playing the damsel in distress, however.

#442 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:46 PM

[quote name='SecretAgentFan' date='1 August 2005 - 11:46'][quote name='Bon-san' date='1 August 2005 - 11:08']I just finished watching Goran in "Elektra".

#443 quiller

quiller

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:34 PM

dougy scott. even i'm better lookin N a whole lot suaver

#444 quiller

quiller

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:36 PM

[quote name='SecretAgentFan' date='1 August 2005 - 11:46'][quote name='Bon-san' date='1 August 2005 - 11:08']I just finished watching Goran in "Elektra".

#445 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

I don't know how Dougray Scott was ever associated with the Bond role. He's always got greasy hair and a stoned expression. If you have to go with a Scot, go with Gerard Butler. He's ten times better.

#446 quiller

quiller

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:45 PM

I don't know how Dougray Scott was ever associated with the Bond role. He's always got greasy hair and a stoned expression. 

View Post

n a wonky eye. dont 4get the wonky eye

#447 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

[/quote]
scottish is a british accent

View Post

[/quote]

Yes, I know that, indeed. However, Fleming never said anything about Bond having a scottish accent, righto?

Just joshing. Badly. Sorry. I just wanted to point out that the posh accent some don

Edited by SecretAgentFan, 01 August 2005 - 02:56 PM.

#448 quiller

quiller

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:58 PM

[quote name='SecretAgentFan' date='1 August 2005 - 14:55']
[/quote]
scottish is a british accent

View Post

[/quote]

Yes, I know that, indeed. However, Fleming never said anything about Bond having a scottish accent, righto?

Just joshing. Badly. Sorry. I just wanted to point out that the posh accent some don

#449 fatima

fatima

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

I have no axe to grind against Goran in general.  He seems to be a nice guy and a good actor.  I just don't want him as Bond.  I will extend him the courtesy of not maliciously cutting him down to serve my agenda, though [a courtesy many folks on this site do not extend to Mr. Brosnan]

View Post

agreed :) I think the producers and us fans owe Pierce a great debt of gratitude for saving the series from relative oblivion. IMO his apparent shoddy treatment by the producers/studio may have put some candidates off the role.

I for one hope that this Bond hunt is all BS and Pierce does indeed come back for another outing.

Of course if he doesn't, then back to Goran Visjnic..........

#450 Forever007

Forever007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:15 PM

EON also owes Martin Campbell a ton of gratitude for molding Pierce into Bond in Goldeneye. Campbell's style made Goldeneye what it is and Pierce directly benefited from that. I like Brosnan a lot , but he is a marginal actor at best. If Goldeneye were directed by say Spottiswoode where do you think Bond would be today? I give more credit to Campbell than Brosnan.