Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:16 PM

What progress! :)

Tell it to Eon. :)

I think i'll shout it at Eon! :)

All the better. If it lets them listen to fans...

#272 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:33 PM

trust me they don't listen the fans! :)

#273 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:36 PM

:)

#274 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:47 PM

"Never too late to learn!" -Sean Connery, Thunderball.

They do listen I suppose, but I'd hope they'd here some of the issues on such things as CGI and the recent scripts.

#275 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:53 PM

"Never too late to learn!" -Sean Connery, Thunderball.

They do listen I suppose, but I'd hope they'd here some of the issues on such things as CGI and the recent scripts.

no one has Eon Productions office adress I suppose? :) :)

#276 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:54 PM

:)

Not with Bond 21 "this" far, if they've got something, let them go with it.

#277 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:56 PM

What we reported in License Revoked was that negotiations had broken down between Pierce and the producers and, as of that day, Pierce was out and the search was on for a replacement. This was later confirmed again and again by Pierce himself. What's the situation now? We don't know. Everyone has gone quiet. Did they go back to the table? Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. What we reported was 100% true then. But what's happening today... hey, when we know, the members of CBn will know.

Thinking back on this some more in essence CBn is retracting their previous story as not fully complete within the sweep of time.

#278 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:58 PM

What we reported in License Revoked was that negotiations had broken down between Pierce and the producers and, as of that day, Pierce was out and the search was on for a replacement. This was later confirmed again and again by Pierce himself. What's the situation now? We don't know. Everyone has gone quiet. Did they go back to the table? Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. What we reported was 100% true then. But what's happening today... hey, when we know, the members of CBn will know.

Thinking back on this some more in essence CBn is retracting their previous story as not fully complete within the sweep of time.

How do you mean?

#279 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:00 PM

No, we're not retracting our story at all.
I don

#280 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:02 PM

That time has shown that Pierce being out as Bond may just have been a temporary snapshot in time but not a permanent state of fact. That today we can no longer be sure that it is a permanent reality.

#281 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:04 PM

That wouldn't justify retracting a story reported though.

#282 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:04 PM

[quote name='Athena007' date='10 July 2004 - 00:00'] No, we're not retracting our story at all.
I don

#283 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:10 PM

It was news reported, along with many sites.

Wouldn't want to retract it. :)

#284 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:14 PM

Sure I get ya :) Not retraction of original story but saying that the facts of it may no longer be valid--maybe or maybe not?

#285 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:15 PM

Well we'll have to see what decisions are made by EON & MGM.

#286 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:18 PM

Exactly what I am saying Qwerty.

#287 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:20 PM

Okay, wasn't sure. As this whole thing with them has been quite a ride so far.

#288 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:28 PM

Quite a soap opera! :) Probably all us fans just need to chill a while. The answers will be coming soon enough in the large scheme of things.

#289 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:30 PM

What is certain is that no-one other than Wilson, Broccoli and perhaps P&W know what is happening and I believe it should be left at that. Day after day there are countless threads and posts on who will be the next James Bond but none of them clear the picture or answer the question that has been set out in the title. You all want to be able answer the question but you cannot.

All speculation, except for those who say they have inside sources. However these many, too many, threads have kind of narrowed down the playing field it seems to who seems to be fan favorites for the role.

#290 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:35 PM

Well when it comes to the very final answer, yes I agree. That one is guarded tightly and well.

#291 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:38 PM

As I said before, claiming that the news comes from an inside source means nothing unless that source is the producers which is highly unlikey and so I say to everyone who is tempted to post 'inside gossip':

Good point Brix, this inside news while gives an idea, only seems to add more to what's "up in the air."

#292 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:51 PM

Yes it is all impossible to prove over the net and therefore in a sense just adds more noise--so ultimately only an official anouncement will do--nothing else :) Frankly if I had to do over again I would just have not blabbed anything I knew--can't blame anyone for not believing. Just gave me more headaches than it was worth. And frankly since it comes from another person it's not first hand and can't be guaranteed though from the indications I have it is solid--but no 100% guarantees and can't prove it to no one. So I shouldn't have blabbed what I knew, but can't reverse time. Just more trouble than it was worth.

#293 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:52 PM

Yes it is all impossible to prove over the net and therefore in a sense just adds more noise--so ultimately only an official anouncement will do--nothing else :)

Fun to speculate, but enough is enough.

#294 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:54 PM

I'm with you--just give me the announcement.

#295 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:55 PM

Yes it is all impossible to prove over the net and therefore in a sense just adds more noise--so ultimately only an official anouncement will do--nothing else :)

Fun to speculate, but enough is enough.

that's why we want official news... :) :)

#296 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 10:42 PM

Recently saw King Arthur and it was good chance to compare two Bond candidates side by side--Clive Owen and Ioan Gruffudd. First I enjoyed the movie as a big budget gritty action picture and both actors continue to show they are strong actors.

But neither came off as topflight Bond choices--both would be a step or two below Paul and Jackman as well cast Bonds. They would do a respectable job at it and you could do a lot worse but they are not slam dunk choices. Owen again shows too much gravity and dourness for Bond while lacking sophistication. Gruffudd could use a few more years and added weight and curly hair is not quite Bondian. Anyway with Gruffudd cast in The Fantastic Four, he may be out of the Bond chase now.

#297 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:23 PM

Thought came to me when thinking about a comparison between King Arthur and Van Helsing. In both films both Jackman and Owen were grunged up with either dirt, grime or beard growth. The effect was that it showed Jackman can be darkened up and given an edge in order to play the darker elements of Bond. He has the lighter elements down pat.

Owen on the otherhand all grunged up just emphasizes he is just a little too one-dimensionally dark for all the elements of Bond--namely the lighter elements. It sems like Dalton he could do fair with the lighter elements but not excel.

#298 Alex Zamudio

Alex Zamudio

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:32 PM

I mostly read the posts on these forums but once in a while I write some feedback, and sorry for my english...

What I believe about this situation is that Brosnan

Edited by Alex Zamudio, 12 July 2004 - 06:34 PM.

#299 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:57 PM

Your english is fine and you make some good points :) I agree if the decision was all done we would already have an announcement on who is playing the next Bond.

#300 Moomoo

Moomoo

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:10 PM

Alex, I am a liar, you say? Oh no, the game is up for me. Hee hee.:)

No, seriously, I am not a liar because I was told Jackman was signed and Bond 21 is scheduled for summer 2006. I didn't make that up, I was told it via my brother who knows people at MGM. The former marketing director told him the information and he passed it onto me. If anyone is lying, it's my brother. Maybe 'lie' is too strong a word, 'inaccurate' is a nicer word.:) I know my brother and normally he isn't someone who would tell me something like that if he didn't have confidence in it. I believe he's genuine. All I have done is report what I was told. I may be wrong, but everything is pointing to a new Bond. Brosnan said a few days back he is not a dead cert to return. I don't think Brosnan will return. I think he was told he wasn't needed at the end of last year. But until we get some official statement, I accept my claims are just as questionable as any other tabloid or net gossip.

I can't convince you my brother's information was genuine, I can't say it's an absolute fact Jackman has been signed because I didn't get the information from MGM. I was told via a second-hand source - my brother. Maybe the former marketing director was having a joke with my brother and he fell for it. It's possible, I suppose; but my brother swore me to secrecy and told me not to tell anyone the information. I doubt he'd do that if the information was false. But let's wait and see. We should get the name of the director by the end of August. If we hear nothing, I think people should consider the possibility what I was told was genuine. So Alex, why not humour me for two more months? If I am wrong, come September I'll admit defeat. I'll accept I was told a lie and I was dumb enough to believe it.

Fair enough?

Moomoo