366 replies to this topic

#361 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 01:53 PM

Well we are still waiting and August is ticking away with no Bond in sight. Since I have no further connection with my source I wonder whether his information will be proven correct or not. As time goes on my doubts about that continue to grow. I get the feeling that as I read articles and posts all speculating various scenarios that Eon may very playing the internet like virtuosos encouraging various rumors. That they are keeping very tight rein on their decision process and those not quite in the loop maybe being misled to give up false leads as so-called "rumors". That only when it is time for us to hear will they let it out--that only the official announcement will truly speak for Eon--no leaks. So people like Pierce-B or Cindy Thompson who may have some inside connections could be mislead into giving false leads. It would be best for Eon if there big decision does not dribble out--so they get the best orchestrated response.

So while certainly doubtful about this information now lets see how it is stacking up as of now. First of all his saying Pierce was unlikely though still possible seems to jibe with what we have heard so far even possibly post EW interview. Colin Firth has been mentioned a few times as a candidate and in a few polls, but things have been relatively quiet concerning him. Ion Gruffudd has been interviewed saying he would love to be Bond and a few rumors have mentioned him. As late as today at Mi6 Garth Pearce touts Gruffudd as a strong candidate. Clive Owen has said he has not been contacted, has shown little public enthusiasm fof the role and has praised Pierce greatly. Still he does well in polls and has been rumored to be on a shortlist. Adrian Paul has been very strong in various Bond polls, has expressed strong interest in being Bond and also has been rumored to be from a couple of rumors to be on a candidate shortlist. Hugh Jackman has expressed strong interest in being Bond though he says he hasn't been contacted and expressed he maybe too young--saying Bond should be at least 40. Still he has done well in polls and also has been rumored to be on a Bond shortlist.

Right or wrong I can't wait to see how it all turns out! Should be very interesting. Hopefully we will know soon!

#362 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 01:59 PM

Almost forgot for those Hugh Jackman fans out there while scouring the web I came upon an article by Ted Casablanca of E! and Eonline from March saying that Eon crossed out Hugh as a candidate back in March.

He is a fairly well respected gossip columnist--so who knows? Who to believe Casablanca or Moomoo? :)

#363 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

I wonder if the search for a next Bond - whenever that may be required - will birth such similar... fictions.

#364 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:00 PM

:D

#365 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

Although in the public perception of guesswork, all of these people were probably credible candidates and then Eon went and surprised very many people with the eventual choice, whatever this host of inside sources claimed to state.

Could happen again, I guess. The only lesson learned from history is that no-one learns any lessons from history.

My inside source says this Hiddleston tick has signed for forty films and a big pot of yummy jam.

#366 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:23 PM

This could turn out to be very true.  Not the jam part, of course.

Rye´s reputation would suffer, however.  Not that this would be of any importance for anyone but him.

I wonder whether Hiddleston indeed just milks the rumours.  He definitely seems to enjoy himself currently with Miss Swift and does not feel bothered by the media attention she draws.  If he is or was considered - has he already said: to hell with it, I will just party on - or is he so high after already getting the role that nothing bothers him anymore?

Damn, I´m starting again.  Apologies, I´m currently avoiding work that has not such a tight deadline.

#367 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:27 PM

Hmm perhaps someone should make up a new finalist list ;)