366 replies to this topic

#241 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:57 PM

Is Adrian Paul a genuine candidate, does he have the right stuff to be a convincing Bond,

No.

or is it just his fan club trying to promote him?

Yes. Just look at that recent poll of ours, flooded by Adrian Paul fans who joined CBn just to vote in it. Paul fans have even admitted on their own sites that they're pursuing a strategy of infiltration into Bond sites in order to promote their man.

Of course, Adrian Paul fans have just as much right to post here as anyone else, and it's hardly unthinkable that people who like Paul are also quite genuinely into Bond. I don't wish to sound nasty here, and I'm not trying to make Paul fans feel unwelcome, but they themselves have admitted what they're up to.

But it's not just Paul fans. Because of the "will he?/won't he?" surrounding Brosnan and BOND 21, it almost seems as though virtually every British actor under 50 is being touted as a potential Bond. Bloom, Butler, Firth, Jackman, Owen, Paul, and several others.... they've all been getting a lot of publicity of late thanks to the uncertainty over the future of the Bond franchise, even though there's really only one realistic candidate: Jackman.

Loomis you may not think Adrian Paul is a genuine Bond candidate who has the right stuff and that is cool. First of all I have seen all the candidates get ripped harshly by some people. That is to be expected, everyone is different. I disagree strongly--he screams out Bond to me. Definitely a genuine candidate with a definite chance to be the next James Bond--consider the points below.

With regards to the poll it was hardly "flooded" by Paul fans. I kept a close eye on it and there may have been 5 possible newbie Adrian Paul fanatics. The rest was from those that have already been here. Discount those five and Paul still wins a respectable majority from a site of Bond fanatics that for the most part are strong supporters of Pierce, Hugh or Clive. So that was an impressive result that suprised me and showed impressive respectability for Adrian Paul. The nation-wide Parade poll showed strong support in the USA beyond just Paul fanatics. And by the way the passion of certain Paul fans also speaks well of his appeal. Myself i'm a Bond nut first who saw Paul as a potential Bond and then grew to appreciate him. Like I said I would pick Paul first and Moomoo's boy Jackman a close second. And I could think of another dozen at least that can do Bond well.

And it is a fact that Adrian Paul was seriously considered Moomoo in 1994--it just wasn't just Pierce back then, he was just the most mentioned. Sam Neill, Paul and a few others I can't remember right now were in the hunt. Like Loomis I agree that the Adrian Paul fans are welcome and should be taken with a grain of salt like any other Pierce, Clive or Hugh fanatic--they all have a valid perspective on who should be Bond and have passion. There is no universal answer for Bond except for Connery!! Everything else is a mere opinion.

Edited by Seannery, 09 July 2004 - 08:15 PM.

#242 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:29 PM

Is Adrian Paul a genuine candidate, does he have the right stuff to be a convincing Bond

I don't think so. He does appear to have quite the fan club, this poll soared with replies. And he has been mentioned with others for the role of James Bond. That's evident. I do not think he has the chance though when compared with some of the other names.

#243 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:34 PM

There is no universal answer for Bond except for Connery!! Everything else is a mere opinion.

You got that right. :)

#244 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:25 PM

Here is the BIG QUESTION for me:

DOES CBn STAND BY ITS EARLIER BELIEF THAT PIERCE BROSNAN IS OUT AS BOND?

Considering some reports or rumors that Pierce being back as Bond recently, has the "official" view of CBn changed?

Hopefully one of the guys/gals of CBn knows or can find out if the "official" view of CBn on this matter has changed or not.

THANKS

#245 Martin Mystery

Martin Mystery

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:29 PM

Considering some reports or rumors that Pierce being back as Bond recently, has the "official" view of CBn changed?

Hopefully one of the guys/gals of CBn knows or can find out if the "official" view of CBn on this matter has changed or not.

THANKS

Good question! I'm certainly looking forward to CBn's reply...

#246 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:32 PM

THANKS

Good question! I'm certainly looking forward to CBn's reply...

Dunka MM :)

#247 hoodman22

hoodman22

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:46 PM

Hoodman22, you don't know anything about the 007 material, and most of all Owen denies it and he's telling the truth, he have no interest as 007, and it wasn't dream to be, it was just rumors. Owen have no chance to be 007.

Jackman will be 007 period. :)

why dont you read the post again buddy, i said owen hasn't been approached but i would like him as the next bond. And quit dreaming buddy cuz Jackman hasnt been approached either

#248 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:49 PM

Hoodman22, you don't know anything about the 007 material, and most of all Owen denies it and he's telling the truth, he have no interest as 007, and it wasn't dream to be, it was just rumors. Owen have no chance to be 007.

why dont you read the post again buddy, i said owen hasn't been approached but i would like him as the next bond. And quit dreaming buddy cuz Jackman hasnt been approached either

Well that cannot really be confirmed can it? Any talks to Bond candidates do not have to be released to the Bond community. One could only guess if they're speaking over things that we don't know are true or not.

#249 hoodman22

hoodman22

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:52 PM

LOL - hey if it isn't Hugh Jackman, then who is it going to be? It's not as if there are loads of contenders out there!

go to www.bmwfilms.com, clive owen would be a perfect bond, unfortunately, neither him or Jackman have been approached, as they keep saying. And Moomoo, if they had been approached, why lie? whats the point?

#250 hoodman22

hoodman22

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:56 PM

Well that cannot really be confirmed can it? Any talks to Bond candidates do not have to be released to the Bond community. One could only guess if they're speaking over things that we don't know are true or not.

clive owen and hugh jackman have told the press a number of times that it was just rumours and neither of them have been asked to play bond.

#251 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:59 PM

clive owen and hugh jackman have told the press a number of times that it was just rumours and neither of them have been asked to play bond.

And what they are saying could be stretching the truth. For example if one of them was Bond, but the information of that person being the new Bond wasn't wanted released yet. I'm basically saying I don't think it can be determined what the situation is with them as Bond or not.

#252 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:03 PM

I hope they don't play the role! with so much speculation on their names I've become tired of their faces , and for me the best way for Eon is to choose an unknown actor , with good characteristics and nice looks.

#253 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:04 PM

I hope they don't play the role! with so much speculation on their names I've become tired of their faces , and for me the best way for Eon is to choose an unknown actor , with good characteristics and nice looks.

It might "brighten" things up possibly to finally see one of them in the role, whether for Bond 21, or 22... See what they can do other than what is being said they could do.

#254 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:06 PM

Wow.....Loomis infiltrate huh? (those are strong words) :)

LOL :) you know I came over here to see what everything is all about....

I hope you don't feel threatened by new people's presense. I have found this to be quite a friendly place. As for the Adrian Paul fans....I think that their aren't that many that have come over here compared to how many he has....it's only a hand full, and I don't really think that the poll was swayed by that considering how many members you have on this board.

Maybe you have more people here that enjoy Adrian Paul's acting than you thought but what does that matter.

((((((((hugs)))))))))

Lady M

#255 hoodman22

hoodman22

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:07 PM

here is owen denying it, look near the end, this article is from tuesday

http://globeandmail....ery=king arthur

he calls it rumours and speculation, why would he lie, whats the point? if he didnt want people to know, he would say that he'd been talked to or something. he wouldn't flat-out deny it. what proof do we have that he has been approached.

#256 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:09 PM

he calls it rumours and speculation, why would he lie, whats the point? if he didnt want people to know, he would say that he'd been talked to or something. he wouldn't flat-out deny it. what proof do we have that he has been approached.

No proof other than what is being said so far that he won't be approached though.

Just pointing out that I think some of these names are fair game until official word sets in.

#257 Martin Mystery

Martin Mystery

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:10 PM

THANKS

Hmmm... still no answer. I wonder why :)

#258 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:15 PM

I viewed that article as something being reported to the fans.

#259 hoodman22

hoodman22

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:22 PM

No proof other than what is being said so far that he won't be approached though.

Just pointing out that I think some of these names are fair game until official word sets in.

ok fair enough :) but i still dont thint its true. even though i would love owen as bond. if they hire jackman, i fear we'll have another lazenby on our hands. his performance ruined the whole movie. And i like jackman. at least they're both better than heath ledger

Edited by hoodman22, 09 July 2004 - 09:24 PM.

#260 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:23 PM

Not to be argumentative Qwerty but I thought that report came with CBn saying they heard this through a good source that they believe and therefore essentially reported it as the truth. Wasn't that the way it was? Can you find out if this is still how the top guys of CBn see it?

#261 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:27 PM

Clive Owen quote:
"One of the things I'm most proud of about my career is the fact that I've managed to keep options open. I want to keep challenging myself, keep it varied. It's a craft and I'm trying to get a bit better at it."

This last part of his interview leads me to think that he doesn't really want a long term committment to something, but I could be wrong....

That he wants his career to be varied and his options open....

(((((hugs)))))

Lady M

#262 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:29 PM

if clive says he don't need Bond , I say we (bond fans and Eon) don't need him for nothing! :)
Thank God we have other choices... :)

#263 Martin Mystery

Martin Mystery

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:37 PM

no no no... We're not gonna let CBn off the hook. They chose to believe their source, and if it turns out they were wrong in doing so, they're gonna have to face the music...

#264 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:39 PM

no no no... We're not gonna let CBn off the hook. They chose to believe their source, and if it turns out they were wrong in doing so, they're gonna have to face the music...

Martin Mystery, I wasn't speaking for 'CBn' with that comment, I was speaking solely for myself.

#265 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:40 PM

Way to go MM--not to stick it to CBn but to just get at the truth as they know it and get clarification.

#266 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:42 PM

Martin Mystery, I wasn't speaking for 'CBn' with that comment, I was speaking solely for myself.

Understood Qwerty--could you find out? Who would know?

#267 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:45 PM

What we reported in License Revoked was that negotiations had broken down between Pierce and the producers and, as of that day, Pierce was out and the search was on for a replacement. This was later confirmed again and again by Pierce himself. What's the situation now? We don't know. Everyone has gone quiet. Did they go back to the table? Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. What we reported was 100% true then. But what's happening today... hey, when we know, the members of CBn will know.

#268 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:52 PM

What we reported in License Revoked was that negotiations had broken down between Pierce and the producers and, as of that day, Pierce was out and the search was on for a replacement. This was later confirmed again and again by Pierce himself. What's the situation now? We don't know. Everyone has gone quiet. Did they go back to the table? Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. What we reported was 100% true then. But what's happening today... hey, when we know, the members of CBn will know.

Ah that is interesting. So the rumors that he has got the role back can't be confirmed either way. So we know less than we did then. Then it seemed for sure Pierce was out--now we know nothing! What progress! :)

#269 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:54 PM

What progress! :)

Tell it to Eon. :)

#270 Seannery

Seannery

Commander