This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Daniel Craig to be thrown straight into action!

155 replies to this topic

#121 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

The photo of those extras with facial damage is pretty grim!

Yup, they don't look like they are having a great time - in the film, that is.

Edited by Germanlady, 05 November 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#122 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

They correlate with the Tweet posted by Lu Corfield, saying that she was playing a "scary dead lady". Looks like the attack on MI6 mentione din the synopsis is going to affect civilians, too. When was the last time that happened - when bystanders were injured? Someone was shot during the Palio chase in QUANTUM OF SOLACE, but I cannot think of the last time someone who was not directly connected to the plot was injured or killed (ie, the Severnaya staff in GOLDENEYE were innocent, but they were not simply bystanders - they were directly connected to the weapons system).

#123 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

They correlate with the Tweet posted by Lu Corfield, saying that she was playing a "scary dead lady". Looks like the attack on MI6 mentione din the synopsis is going to affect civilians, too. When was the last time that happened - when bystanders were injured? Someone was shot during the Palio chase in QUANTUM OF SOLACE, but I cannot think of the last time someone who was not directly connected to the plot was injured or killed (ie, the Severnaya staff in GOLDENEYE were innocent, but they were not simply bystanders - they were directly connected to the weapons system).

The Bomb in From Russia With love ???

Edited by col_007, 05 November 2011 - 02:36 PM.

#124 Elmason

Elmason

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

Quite right we don't get a lot of collateral damage...this could be quite shocking!

I think a waiter was also shot in the opera house restaurant during QOS but with the quick cutting I've never been able to make my mind up.

#125 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

A thought...Tanner could be rushing to collect Bond, who could have been on a leave or break from MI6..hence his stubble and casual look, just after the attack on MI6.. then comes a car Chase where Bond has to switch from the Range Rover to the Jaguar...hmm...

#126 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

It has been reported that the car being used is the Jaguar XF, in silver:

The picture from the filming looks like a Jaguar XJ, not XF

#127 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

That facial wound looks less like collateral damage than deliberate mutilation. I doubt if a bystander just happened to receive a Chelsea grin "in the crossfire".

#128 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Sam Mendes and Judi Dench are on set[/b]

Hmm...Judi is on the set for a car chase scene? Interesting, perhaps M is the target. Or maybe this is the aftermath and M is investigating it.

#129 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Sam Mendes and Judi Dench are on set[/b]

Hmm...Judi is on the set for a car chase scene? Interesting, perhaps M is the target. Or maybe this is the aftermath and M is investigating it.

Assuming the car chase line is confirmed, I'd wager this is the preamble to it, rather than the aftermath. Perhaps an attack on M, and then Bond springs into action. Glad that speculating over such things has returned to CBn!

#130 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Can confirm there's no filming around Smithfield Market today but I've been asking around and the key location was the approach and entrance to the underground Smithfield car park. Got a few pictures of where they were shooting - largely reflecting the press shots from Saturday.

#131 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

The damage on the extra's faces could correlate well with the damage done by Severin Hydt's (sp?) razor blade weapon in Carte Blanche.

#132 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

The damage on the extra's faces could correlate well with the damage done by Severin Hydt's (sp?) razor blade weapon in Carte Blanche.

Except that SKYFALL has nothing to do with CARTE BLANCHE.

#133 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Warning, this is from The Sun, so take this with a pinch of salt.

[box]DANIEL Craig will be launched straight into dangerous stunts on the first day's filming for the new James Bond film, codenamed Bond 23.
When shooting starts on November 7, the actor will have to switch from a Range Rover to a Jaguar – with both motors on the move.

Traders at central London's Smithfield Market are in for an exciting day as that's where the car chase is set to be shot.

Does anybody know if this stunt has been performed last week?
Here is an article where it is reported that Ben Cooke will be doubling for Daniel Craig one more time:
http://www.menshealt...ntman-interview
Has he been seen in the set during filming at Smithfield Market?
I've also noticed that in this picture
http://jamesbondbras...e-gravaes-2.jpg
you can see many car seats in the trucks,behind the seated men. Do you know how many Jaguars and Range Rovers were used in the sequence?

#134 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:55 AM

From the Twitter feed of Scottish television presenter Sarah Coutts:

@Sarahcoutts1 - "Thawing out after a long day on a freezing cold set."

I seem to recall talk that M and Bond would watch a newscast showing the attack on London/MI6. Coutts is a Scottish television presenter. And the first reports of filming taking place were in Southwark, adjacent to ITV's Southbank studios. To top it all off, the five-day London forecast is predicting highs of just 13 °C. Therefore, I would suggest that Coutts has been filming a news report for the film, either in a film studio, or on-location (ie, the broadcast crosses to her).

#135 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

http://www.thesun.co...67-for-007.html

Director Sam Mendes will pay homage to the Indiana Jones rope bridge battles. 007 will have it out with a villain on a rickety affair like in Temple Of Doom.

credit DTD

#136 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

I suppose that has the potential to be plausible.

#137 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

I'm not seeing it. Not unless Bond is up on a pedestrain foot bridge taht gets hit by an RPG. Cue the bridge collapsing and Bond sliding down into the icy waters of the Thames.

It could work. We know that filming is taking place in Southwark, and we know that filming is taking place in Smithfield. The most directe route between the two is Blackfriars Bridge. Two bridges to the east is the Millenium Bridge:

Posted Image

Might make for an interesting action sequence ...

#138 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

I'm not seeing it. Not unless Bond is up on a pedestrain foot bridge taht gets hit by an RPG. Cue the bridge collapsing and Bond sliding down into the icy waters of the Thames.

The article doesn't say the scene takes place in London. Seems like more of a Shanghai sort of thing.

#139 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

The article doesn't say the scene takes place in London. Seems like more of a Shanghai sort of thing.

Or, as Sam Mendes said, “…other places in China.”

Yes, not many rickety rope brides spanning the Thames.

I am hoping to see some rural China too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#140 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

Nope, but this is something being reported by a tabloid. That doesn't automatically make it right. As we saw, they reported that Naomie Harris had been signed on to play Miss Moneypenny. They were only half-right. So, why can't they be half-right here: right about the tribute to rope-bridge battles, but wrong about the details of it?

#141 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

Nope, but this is something being reported by a tabloid. That doesn't automatically make it right. As we saw, they reported that Naomie Harris had been signed on to play Miss Moneypenny. They were only half-right. So, why can't they be half-right here: right about the tribute to rope-bridge battles, but wrong about the details of it?

True, but a rope bride somewhere in rural Chine sounds feasible enough.

#142 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

True, but a rope bride somewhere in rural Chine sounds feasible enough.

And certainly a damn sight better than the Millennium Bridge!

#143 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Well, I don't know ... I'm disinclined to believe the report, since I just can't see EON making a sequence in tribute to another film franchise.

#144 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

They've already with BOURNE, STAR WARS, LETHAL WEAPON/DIE HARD, Kung Fu flicks, Blaxploitation etc.

#145 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

I disagree on Bourne and the LETHAL WEAPON and DIE HARD films.

#146 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Gordon Smart of the Sun did know about filming in Smithfield Market, Range Rovers & Jag, the infamous beard etc ahead of everyone else, he obviously has some kind of inside info. But he’s the sort who always has to jazz things up, well, he works for the Sun.

I think the tribute to The Temple of Doom is the Sun’s add-on. They heard “fight on a rope bridge” and thought of that. The sequence could/should be very different and not intended to be in homage to Indiana Jones at all.

#147 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

That's why I suggested the Millenium Bridge collapsing while Bond is on is and plunging into the Thames.

#148 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

I think we have similar reasoning here, but are coming at it from different directions.

#149 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

That's why I suggested the Millenium Bridge collapsing while Bond is on is and plunging into the Thames.

So you go around instantly discounting that perhaps the movie has been influenced by "Carte Blanche," given evidence of the unique damage on the extras and the fact that there is an attack on London, but you keep pushing the random thought you had in your head about an attack on the millennium bridge? Ok....

Edited by British Chap, 15 November 2011 - 03:38 PM.

#150 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

So you go around instantly discounting that perhaps the movie has been influenced by "Carte Blanche,"...

Well, that seems fair given the statement of denial from Eon. I tend to believe them.

"The new film is not going to be called Carte Blanche and will have nothing to do with the Jeffery Deaver book."