This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Will Bond 23 Be Titled SKYFALL?

451 replies to this topic

Poll: IF SkyFall is the title of Bond 23...

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

...which is, as at 7 October 2011, still a girthsome IF... do you think it's

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Ultimately, do you think this rumour is...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

but i'm sorry we all know it is.

Speak for yourself, thank you.

why would Sony register the sites if Skyfall isn't the title?

Misdirection. They know the title was discovered early last time around by fans checking recent domain registrations, and so in the interests of keeping the title under wraps, they register a whole batch of domains under a bogus title. That way, when the fans discover it and it proves to be untrue, they greet any further domain registrations with a healthy dose of skepticism.

#182 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:21 AM

As one of the first to uncover Sony Pictures registering the relevant domains for QUANTUM OF SOLACE last time around (just had to get that in there), it feels a good time to re-enter the CBn fray on a more regular basis. The rate of news seems to be picking up and it feels like BOND 23 is really kicking into gear. I'm sold on the logic of SKYFALL being the title that is on the drawing board, as I really doubt Sony would chuck money at grabbing those domains names just to put us off. It sounds pretty generic at the moment but if the film comes to become a great one, we'll all live with it very happily, I'm sure.

ITA. I don't get why buying false domain names is a better way of protecting the real title than just not revealing the title. Plus, they'll get all the publicity they need once shooting starts. I don't see that planting false domains will bring any more folks into the theaters next November. The whole hoax idea just doesn't make sense to me.

#183 NorthoftheThames

NorthoftheThames

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:23 AM

but i'm sorry we all know it is.

Speak for yourself, thank you.

why would Sony register the sites if Skyfall isn't the title?

Misdirection. They know the title was discovered early last time around by fans checking recent domain registrations, and so in the interests of keeping the title under wraps, they register a whole batch of domains under a bogus title. That way, when the fans discover it and it proves to be untrue, they greet any further domain registrations with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Ahhhh, finally Tightypants you're starting to understand how the game is played. You so vehemently disagreed with what I was trying to tell you - and anyone else who cared to listen the last couple days - that this whole "Skyfall" business was a bunch of rubbish.

Jumping across other Bond fan forums and fueling the disinformation was just plain silly. Do you really think that advance "QoS" domain leak would happen for a second time ?? Did you not find this current "Skyfall-James Bond" domain situation just a tad too obvious ?? Tricks of the trade, my friend.

Which brings me back to my original point of posting on this thread: don't believe rumors reported as "news" on the internet and needlessly work yourself up into a lather. You'd be surprised how well-guarded some secrets can be kept. Until anything is officially announced by EON, consider any internet hoopla and hype with a healthy dose of skepticism.

#184 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:27 AM

Ahhhh, finally Tightypants you're starting to understand how the game is played. You so vehemently disagreed with what I was trying to tell you - and anyone else who cared to listen the last couple days - that this whole "Skyfall" business was a bunch of rubbish.

No, I disagreed with you because your post directly implied that you have knowledge that would prove "Skyfall" to be untrue when you had nothing to substantiate your claims. In fact, your entire hypothesis that this is a ruse by Sony is based on your personal dislike of the title. I never actually said that it is a ruse (th way you have), only that it could be. So I'm really not agreeing with you at all.

Jumping across other Bond fan forums and fueling the disinformation was just plain silly. Do you really think that advance "QoS" domain leak would happen for a second time ?? Did you not find this current "Skyfall-James Bond" domain situation just a tad too obvious ?? Tricks of the trade, my friend.

Just because something is "obvious", that doesn't make it untrue.

Which brings me back to my original point of posting on this thread: don't believe rumors reported as "news" on the internet and needlessly work yourself up into a lather.

I don't believe rumours that are reported as "news" on the internet - just as I don't believe people like you who keep trying to present their opinions as fact.

#185 Sebastian Tombs

Sebastian Tombs

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

When I see the title "Skyfall" I automatically think of a dull Harry Harrison novel I tried to read back in the late 70s with that title; something about a joint US/USSR space project that ends disastrously. And I did a bit of checking and there's a couple of other books with that title. Not to mention it's the name of one of the Transformers.

I don't think it's a terrible title, but my problem is that I've seen it used elsewhere to it's a little hard for me to automatically associate it with Bond.

#186 NorthoftheThames

NorthoftheThames

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:41 AM

No, I disagreed with you because your post directly implied that you have knowledge that would prove "Skyfall" to be untrue when you had nothing to substantiate your claims. In fact, your entire hypothesis that this is a ruse by Sony is based on your personal dislike of the title. I never actually said that it is a ruse (th way you have), only that it could be. So I'm really not agreeing with you at all.

Just because something is "obvious", that doesn't make it untrue.

Which brings me back to my original point of posting on this thread: don't believe rumors reported as "news" on the internet and needlessly work yourself up into a lather.

I don't believe rumours that are reported as "news" on the internet - just as I don't believe people like you who keep trying to present their opinions as fact.

(sigh) You assume quite a lot tightypants. But I guess you know better.

So carry on....

Edited by NorthoftheThames, 07 October 2011 - 03:54 AM.

#187 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

Pretty sure it's Beyond The Ice. Trust me.

#188 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:23 AM

So carry on....

The only ssumption I'm making is that you don't know any more than the rest of us - and since you haven't proven that you have access to anything that the rest of us do not (despite being given every opportunity to do so), I'm going to continue to assume that.

Empty vessel, after all, make the most noise.

#189 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:59 AM

Skyfall just sounds like somebody's bad attempt at a Fleming-ish title. Pass.

#190 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:05 AM

Personally I feel sure it's called ARE WE WILMING YET?, the first title with a question mark. Think about it, makes sense.

#191 NorthoftheThames

NorthoftheThames

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

So carry on....

since you haven't proven that you have access to anything that the rest of us do not (despite being given every opportunity to do so), I'm going to continue to assume that.

"Sorry, old man, section twenty-six, paragraph five. Need-to-know. Sure you understand."

Just some helpful advice, but you might want to take it down a few notches. I didn't realize you singlehandedly turned Commander Bond into an interrogation forum. Verbal carpet-beating doesn't quite bode well for the image of this fan site.

#192 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:46 AM

"Sorry, old man, section twenty-six, paragraph five. Need-to-know. Sure you understand."

Ah, yes, section twenty-six, paragraph five: "any poster has the right to claim that they have a direction connection to EON". I know it well. I direction your attention to section twenty-six, paragraph six: "it will be assumed that any poster who claims a direct connection to EON, but fails to provide evidence when challenged is lying in an attempt to improve their standing around the forums".

I really do understand.

Verbal carpet-beating doesn't quite bode well for the image of this fan site.

Neither do people whose first post suggests they have inside information on the production of the film when they do not. This is something that forum members do in an attenpt to get respect from the forum population. Of all the people who have ever claimed this, I have never actually seen one of them who could prove it. So, just some helpful advice, you next post should be either 1) showing evidence that you are employed by EON, or 2) reworded to remove all your inferences, insinuations and implications. Your personal dislike of the title "Skyfall" is not evidence that BOND 23 will have a different title. I'm having a lot of trouble understanding why you don't seem to be able to comprehend this, and part of me hopes that the title really is "Skyfall" simply because you don't like it.

#193 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:48 AM

Oh, please do stop this, you anonymous usernames on a free internet forum typing away any old rubbish. Please. Most unedifying. I'm sure you're both right. Or wrong. Or one or both of these. Badges all round.

Personally I feel sure it's called ARE WE WILMING YET?, the first title with a question mark. Think about it, makes sense.

The clue is indeed in the wilming.

On the basis that "James Bond wilm SkyFall" comes out as - "Jammy, flawed, skill snob" (which is as good a description of the character as one may get, and in my "honest" view a legitimate enough title as well).

Wilming. You know it makes sense.

And, self-fulfilling and self-perpetuating a possible hoax - momentum... http://www.guardian....all?INTCMP=SRCH

#194 NorthoftheThames

NorthoftheThames

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

Ah, yes, section twenty-six, paragraph five: "any poster has the right to claim that they have a direction connection to EON". I know it well. I direction your attention to section twenty-six, paragraph six: "it will be assumed that any poster who claims a direct connection to EON, but fails to provide evidence when challenged is lying in an attempt to improve their standing around the forums".

I really do understand.

Verbal carpet-beating doesn't quite bode well for the image of this fan site.

Neither do people whose first post suggests they have inside information on the production of the film when they do not. This is something that forum members do in an attenpt to get respect from the forum population. Of all the people who have ever claimed this, I have never actually seen one of them who could prove it. So, just some helpful advice, you next post should be either 1) showing evidence that you are employed by EON, or 2) reworded to remove all your inferences, insinuations and implications. Your personal dislike of the title "Skyfall" is not evidence that BOND 23 will have a different title. I'm having a lot of trouble understanding why you don't seem to be able to comprehend this, and part of me hopes that the title really is "Skyfall" simply because you don't like it.

Ahhh, yes. The self-bestowed cyber authority on all things Bond, carpet-bombing posts all day across the various Bond fan sites under different monikers, challenging anyone whom he somehow perceives as a threat in his imaginary competition as the reining "know-it-all". Well guess what? Unlike yourself, I rarely post. And I'm not desperately looking for validation from forum members.

However, I do care when incorrect information and rumors are propagated as fact. We've put up with it for years on the internet, and it does a disservice to the franchise. It doesn't matter my opinion on the "Skyfall" title; what matters is it's correct information. And it's not. You felt the need to challenge me after I suggested everyone wait until the official announcement instead of jumping to conclusions. I felt the need to nip it in the bud. I don't have to prove my knowledge to you, nor my connections and credentials. Suffice it to say, I wouldn't take the time to post something unless I cared about the integrity of the Commander Bond website, which I consider top-notch.

Having said that, the vast majority of CBN members abide by a civil and mature level of discourse befitting many discerning Bond experts. They also have a healthy sense of humor. This site should continue to be about the fun and escapism of the Bond universe, not some sort of competition.

But if you want to continue assuming you know more than everyone else, including myself, then be my guest. But you'll be eating your words on the day of the press conference.

Now can we get back to having some fun here...like the many clever souls who are uncovering the clues about the 'Skyfall" misdirection.

#195 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

However, I do care when incorrect information and rumors are propagated as fact.

Which is exactly what you've been doing.

It doesn't matter my opinion on the "Skyfall" title; what matters is it's correct information. And it's not.

You have no evidence of this.

I don't have to prove my knowledge to you, nor my connections and credentials.

Which is one of the favourite arguments of people who have no connections or credentials. Give me one good reason why we should take your posts as an empyrical truth when you just show up and start suggesting that you have information that we do not? There are sme forum members around here who have connections. And they choose not to reveal them all. But they are established members, with excellent reputations, and who have proven themselves to be right on multiple occasions in the past. You, on the other hand, have simply showed up, started insisting that you know things we do not, and pointedly refused to give anyone a reason to believe you. Can you maybe see why I think you're full of hot air?

Suffice it to say, I wouldn't take the time to post something unless I cared about the integrity of the Commander Bond website, which I consider top-notch.

So if you consider the forums "top-notch", you evidently care about their integrity; no doubt you want the forums to remain the best on the internet, and a lot of that rides on their integrity. So it's in your interests to post more, since it contributes to the forum's integrity, which maintains its status as "top-notch". Ironically, all you have been doing is degrading the forums by trolling with the idea that you know more than anyone else.

But if you want to continue assuming you know more than everyone else, including myself, then be my guest.

I never claimed that I knew anything more than anyone else. I only claimed that I know you're full of hot air.

But you'll be eating your words on the day of the press conference.

This statement is in direct contradiction to statements made by other forum members - the ones who I believe are in a position to know what they're talking about.

But even if the press conference comes around and "Skyfall" is not the title, there will be no words to be eaten, since I never said it absolutely would be the title. I only ever said that you were full of hot air, and the title being something other than "Skyfall" does not prove you right since any idiot with a keyboard can get online and type "'Skyfall' is not the title", as you have so aptly demonstrated.

like the many clever souls who are uncovering the clues about the 'Skyfall" misdirection.

You seem to be the only proponent of that theory. Certainly the most vocal. But if you go back to the first page of this thread, you'll see the following:

Which could be just their strategy. :)

There's smarter ways of doing it - like registering dozens of domain names under fake titles, and rather than having them redirect to the Sony website, put in a fake image of a search engine, the find you get when ownership of a domain name expires.

Of course, setting up a bogus domain registration to encourage people not to trust search of recent registries is still clever. And less complex.

I posted the idea that it could be a ruse twelve hours before you did.

#196 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

I've started to like Skyfall, so therefore it must be true.

On another note, I like hearing that filming has started at Pinewood. Surely this is a big improvement over the January start dates (more time for editing and getting things 'just right').

#197 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

Surely this is a big improvement over the January start dates (more time for editing and getting things 'just right').

I'm not sure if there ever actuall way a January start date. EON wanted to start shooting in India in January, but I'm pretty sure October-November 2011 was always the plan for the start of filming. Craig said as much two weeks ago:

But the big deal was Daniel Craig, who nipped into the dinner briefly, then stood outside and chatted with “Saturday Night Live” creator Lorne Michaels in the damp sorta rain. Craig told me he starts the next James Bond movie next week, which means “a lot of working out.”

#198 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

Surely this is a big improvement over the January start dates (more time for editing and getting things 'just right').

I'm not sure if there ever actuall way a January start date. EON wanted to start shooting in India in January, but I'm pretty sure October-November 2011 was always the plan for the start of filming. Craig said as much two weeks ago:

But the big deal was Daniel Craig, who nipped into the dinner briefly, then stood outside and chatted with “Saturday Night Live” creator Lorne Michaels in the damp sorta rain. Craig told me he starts the next James Bond movie next week, which means “a lot of working out.”

I mean as in the last few films tended to start filming in Jan.

#199 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

However, I do care when incorrect information and rumors are propagated as fact.

Which is exactly what you've been doing.

It doesn't matter my opinion on the "Skyfall" title; what matters is it's correct information. And it's not.

You have no evidence of this.

I don't have to prove my knowledge to you, nor my connections and credentials.

Which is one of the favourite arguments of people who have no connections or credentials. Give me one good reason why we should take your posts as an empyrical truth when you just show up and start suggesting that you have information that we do not? There are sme forum members around here who have connections. And they choose not to reveal them all. But they are established members, with excellent reputations, and who have proven themselves to be right on multiple occasions in the past. You, on the other hand, have simply showed up, started insisting that you know things we do not, and pointedly refused to give anyone a reason to believe you. Can you maybe see why I think you're full of hot air?

Suffice it to say, I wouldn't take the time to post something unless I cared about the integrity of the Commander Bond website, which I consider top-notch.

So if you consider the forums "top-notch", you evidently care about their integrity; no doubt you want the forums to remain the best on the internet, and a lot of that rides on their integrity. So it's in your interests to post more, since it contributes to the forum's integrity, which maintains its status as "top-notch". Ironically, all you have been doing is degrading the forums by trolling with the idea that you know more than anyone else.

But if you want to continue assuming you know more than everyone else, including myself, then be my guest.

I never claimed that I knew anything more than anyone else. I only claimed that I know you're full of hot air.

But you'll be eating your words on the day of the press conference.

This statement is in direct contradiction to statements made by other forum members - the ones who I believe are in a position to know what they're talking about.

But even if the press conference comes around and "Skyfall" is not the title, there will be no words to be eaten, since I never said it absolutely would be the title. I only ever said that you were full of hot air, and the title being something other than "Skyfall" does not prove you right since any idiot with a keyboard can get online and type "'Skyfall' is not the title", as you have so aptly demonstrated.

like the many clever souls who are uncovering the clues about the 'Skyfall" misdirection.

You seem to be the only proponent of that theory. Certainly the most vocal. But if you go back to the first page of this thread, you'll see the following:

Which could be just their strategy. :)

There's smarter ways of doing it - like registering dozens of domain names under fake titles, and rather than having them redirect to the Sony website, put in a fake image of a search engine, the find you get when ownership of a domain name expires.

Of course, setting up a bogus domain registration to encourage people not to trust search of recent registries is still clever. And less complex.

I posted the idea that it could be a ruse twelve hours before you did.

When old age shall this generation waste,
Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe
Than ours, a friend to man, to whom thou say'st,
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know

Currently the bandying of truths between you two is becoming distressingly ugly so please, my sexy lovelies, please be beautiful.

Look at the enjambments on that, by the way.

#200 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

Do they have press conferences just to announce a title?

Title, cast, and plot details is the trifecta.

Yeah, but I'm not sure I remember a title being secret until the press conference. They're usually a week or two into filming before they have a conference (just to make sure everyone's actually there!) and I'm sure we know the title before shooting, usually, don't we? Maybe not Bond 18; but not many others.
Mind you, I think Shrublands might be right about Quantum- I can't remember. That was only confirmation of what everyone already knew, though, wasn't it?

#201 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

Yeah, but I'm not sure I remember a title being secret until the press conference. They're usually a week or two into filming before they have a conference (just to make sure everyone's actually there!) and I'm sure we know the title before shooting, usually, don't we?

If this is to be believed, BOND 23 has already been shooting for a week.

#202 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

As one of the first to uncover Sony Pictures registering the relevant domains for QUANTUM OF SOLACE last time around (just had to get that in there), it feels a good time to re-enter the CBn fray on a more regular basis. The rate of news seems to be picking up and it feels like BOND 23 is really kicking into gear. I'm sold on the logic of SKYFALL being the title that is on the drawing board, as I really doubt Sony would chuck money at grabbing those domains names just to put us off. It sounds pretty generic at the moment but if the film comes to become a great one, we'll all live with it very happily, I'm sure.

ITA. I don't get why buying false domain names is a better way of protecting the real title than just not revealing the title. Plus, they'll get all the publicity they need once shooting starts. I don't see that planting false domains will bring any more folks into the theaters next November. The whole hoax idea just doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, quite. Unless it isn't actually Sony doing this, it doesn't really make sense to register these domains to 'throw anyone off the scent'. I don't think they waste their energies trying to confuse people- it's not in their interest.

I'd say it's either: not Sony; an early title possibility; the actual title. Don't see many other likelihoods.

Yeah, but I'm not sure I remember a title being secret until the press conference. They're usually a week or two into filming before they have a conference (just to make sure everyone's actually there!) and I'm sure we know the title before shooting, usually, don't we?

If this is to be believed, BOND 23 has already been shooting for a week.

Fair point: I believe that slightly more than the Mail, although they may of course have been mistaken! :) Might not be main unit shooting just yet.

#203 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

I don't think it's not Sony. If it wasn't, we'd know about it by now because they'd have something to say. EON, too, given the way the last CARTE BLANCHE rumour took hold.

Besides, going by the reports, the domains were registered by an online service on behalf of Sony. Apparently it's a service used by a lot of companies, and one Sony has used before. I seriously doubt that company would have registered names for a company claiming to be Sony when Sony is already a client.

#204 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

I don't think it's not Sony. If it wasn't, we'd know about it by now because they'd have something to say. EON, too, given the way the last CARTE BLANCHE rumour took hold.

I'd usually say that Sony might not want to comment on every rumour because that'd just encourage them; but that Carte Blanche thing was odd, wasn't it?

Besides, going by the reports, the domains were registered by an online service on behalf of Sony. Apparently it's a service used by a lot of companies, and one Sony has used before. I seriously doubt that company would have registered names for a company claiming to be Sony when Sony is already a client.

Yes, you're quite right. The only issue is if these markmonitor people weren't actually the ones who registered it, but I'm sure the people who looked into this know what they're on about.

It does look very likely, doesn't it?

#205 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

I'd usually say that Sony might not want to comment on every rumour because that'd just encourage them; but that Carte Blanche thing was odd, wasn't it?

The CARTE BLANCHE thing was an attention-grab, pure and simple. What's-her-face (I've already forgotten her name) was claiming, first and foremost, that she had been approached by EON to score the film and compose the theme - but despite the way all of the articles holding her up as one of the finest performers in Serbia, she was not and never has been a member of any of the major Serbian orchestras. I'm guessing she was looking to pick up a bit of extra publicity by seeing the use of Serbia as a location in CARTE BLANCHE and figuring she could use it for her own gain. It's no different to Shilpa Shetty and her agent(s) putting out a press release claiming she would be playing "Devi", Dominic Greene's mistress, and slipping it in with the announcement that David Harbour (who played Gregg Beam) had joined the cast to give it that extra dash of authenticity. The only real difference is that Shetty is an actor and what's-her-face is a musician.

The only issue is if these markmonitor people weren't actually the ones who registered it, but I'm sure the people who looked into this know what they're on about.

If you actually check the WhoIs domain registries in the opening post, you get the following:

Domain Name: jamesbond-skyfall.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

So it was definately Mark Monitor who registered the titles.

#206 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

If you actually check the WhoIs domain registries in the opening post, you get the following:

Domain Name: jamesbond-skyfall.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

So it was definately Mark Monitor who registered the titles.

Yep and Mark Monitor registered and looks after quotumofsolace.com and sonypictuers.com
Can’t help but think, why on earth would Sony/Eon go to all this trouble just to get The Hollywood Reporter, The Guardian etc, etc to publish the wrong title?

Some people are still banging on that it might be called Carte Blanche despite a prompt and official denial.

Why deliberately create more confusion now when they clearly did not want people referring to it by the wrong name just a few weeks ago?

#207 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

Why deliberately create more confusion now when they clearly did not want people referring to it by the wrong name just a few weeks ago?

Because now they're creating confusion on their own terms?

#208 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

SKYFALL is possibly more than an internet rumour.

BOND XXIII has been holed up at Pinewood for months now. I would hazard to guess that some cameras somewhere have already rolled.

The timings of previous announcements and press calls have no bearing on imminent ones yet to happen.

The Bond management have not got the time to play silly *uggers with faux rumours. It is actually a hell of a lot of work prepping a movie of this scale. Playing folk online off for fools is a waste of folk's time.

The ink is feasibly very dry on a lot of casting contracts.

#209 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

The timings of previous announcements and press calls have no bearing on imminent ones yet to happen.

No, it doesn't, but it's the best scaffold we've got to go on.

#210 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

The Bond management have not got the time to play silly *uggers with faux rumours. It is actually a hell of a lot of work prepping a movie of this scale. Playing folk online off for fools is a waste of folk's time.

Exactly.