This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Will Bond 23 Be Titled SKYFALL?

451 replies to this topic

Poll: IF SkyFall is the title of Bond 23...

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

...which is, as at 7 October 2011, still a girthsome IF... do you think it's

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Ultimately, do you think this rumour is...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

I’ve got to admit, while SkyFall is a functional title and I’d learn to live with it, it would be my least liked effort in the film canon. I’m struggling to find an existing title to replace that tag with. And that’s not because I’ve pretty much just heard it, and have years worth of familiarity with the rest. Oh well. We'll all know sooner or later I guess. It's what goes on inside the film that counts.

#152 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

Umm, the Hollywood Reporter has jumped on the Skyfall train and actually done a story about this rumor: http://www.hollywood...ll-films-245021

Interesting. It seems that THR are the first to contact Sony for a comment… even though they didn’t get one.

#153 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

I'm not particularly confident that this will be the title.

#154 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Who's the guy who always wants to see Kurt Angle fight Daniel Craig? He's in the comment section of so many Bond related news stories on a very large number of sites. It's actually pretty funny.

#155 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Who's the guy who always wants to see Kurt Angle fight Daniel Craig? He's in the comment section of so many Bond related news stories on a very large number of sites. It's actually pretty funny.

I’ve spotted that too. Also, someone always saying it should be shot in the U.S and include well know American actors. I must have seen that (and versions of it) 100s of times. Hilarious.

#156 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Fusible.com is the website that started all of this:

http://fusible.com/2...ely-registered/

The Hollywood Reporter, in its story, credited the website. Some of the other websites have linked to it while not crediting Fusible in the text (while using the domain names that Fusible dug up).

So if SkyFall does end up as the title, Fusible should get the credit for finding it.

#157 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

The Hollywood Reporter, in its story, credited the website. Some of the other websites have linked to it while not crediting Fusible in the text (while using the domain names that Fusible dug up).

So if SkyFall does end up as the title, Fusible should get the credit for finding it.

From what I understand a scooper sent the info to What Cuture! and Fusible on Wednesday morning at about 9.45 (and possibly Mi6 too, though they did not get round to doing anything with it until that evening, after we’d been discussing it all day) So I’d say What Cuture! and Fusible were both first, regardless of what THR says.

#158 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

From what I understand a scooper sent the info to What Cuture! and Fusible on Wednesday morning at about 9.45 (and possibly Mi6 too, though they did not get round to doing anything with it until that evening, after we’d been discussing it all day) So I’d say What Cuture! and Fusible were both first, regardless of what THR says.

Fusible post doesn't have a timestamp, only the date. The first reply came at 5:20 a.m. yesterday (time zone not specified but the post itself would have to be before that; the next response isn't until 12:14 p.m.). Whatculture! post has a time stamp of 10:15 a.m. yesterday (also time zone not specified). Whatculture post uses the words "is appears" to link to Fusible. Here's the passage where that link ccurs:

//So with that in mind and taking this with as big a grain of salt as you can grab, I got an email less than 30 minutes ago that makes a good argument for the 23rd James Bond movie, which begins filming soon for a release in just over 12 months time, to be officially titled…. Skyfall.

It appears that a brand protection company working for Sony Pictures registered a dozen URLS two days ago (on October 3rd) which suggest they are planning something around the term “Skyfall” and James Bond;

////

Not knowing where each site is based, I guess the evidence isn't conclusive. If Fusible and Whatculture were in the same time zone, Fusible published first. If Fusible is Los Angeles time and Whatculture is New York time, Fusible should still be first (sometime before 8:20 a.m. NY time vs. 10:15 a.m.). If one is on, say, London time, I'm not as sure. Fusible did provide a link to this site, http://whois.domaint...onypictures.com , which seems to be used to do the search.

One question: if Whatculture! published first, why bother to link to Fusible?

Apologies for the tangent.

#159 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

Good point. A later addition as Fusible had done a bit of extra research. Possibly, possibly not.
It does seem as if a number of wed-sites were ‘furnished’ with this info at the same time.

I think What Culture! are in the UK.

#160 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

Good point. A later addition as Fusible had done a bit of extra research. Possibly, possibly not.
It does seem as if a number of wed-sites were ‘furnished’ with this info at the same time.

I think What Culture! are in the UK.

Agreed that somebody was trying to get out the news. Both Whatculture! and MI6 make references to tipsters, or whatnot.

#161 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

If you want to keep something secret, you don't register domain names. So either they don't care or this is all a hoax.

#162 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

SkyFall James Bond Hoax = Fox Slash Joke, Damnably.

SkyFall is not the title = Honestly! Fattiest Kill.

Skyfall, the new James Bond film = Wolfishly Flaked Enjambments. (This is very profound. I feel my enjambments are wolfishly flaked, daily. Look at those enjambments, I say to Mrs Jim, look at how they're flaked; bit wolfish. Happens all the time. It makes as much sense as Quantum of Solace).

The truth is in the code. I am Dan Brown.

#163 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

http://debrief.comma...e/page__st__990

Ah, happy days. Looks like, from memory and about page 32 of that thread

- Quantum of Solace title registered to Sony domains in about September 2007
- Title ultimately revealed as - stunningly enough - Quantum of Solace, in mid-January 2008, by which time they had filmed a fair old chunk of it.

Hmm?

#164 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Not true. Quantumofsolace.com was registred on the 22nd of January 2008, just two days before it was announced officially.

Proof: http://whois.domaint...tumofsolace.com

"Created on..............: 2008-01-22."

Fairy nuff, may have misread that.

#165 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

Sony registered a slightly different domain name in September 2007: quantumofsolacemovie.com. So, you were effectively right, Jim.

#166 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

Sony registered a slightly different domain name in September 2007: quantumofsolacemovie.com. So, you were effectively right, Jim.

Interesting. And here we have them registering skyfallmovie.com back in August and the more tell tale jamesbondskyfall.com on 3rd October.

#167 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Skyfall, the new James Bond film = Wolfishly Flaked Enjambments. (This is very profound. I feel my enjambments are wolfishly flaked, daily. Look at those enjambments, I say to Mrs Jim, look at how they're flaked; bit wolfish. Happens all the time. It makes as much sense as Quantum of Solace).

The truth is in the code. I am Dan Brown.

Heh. Also just learned the word "enjambments." The education (for better or worse) continues.

#168 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

As one of the first to uncover Sony Pictures registering the relevant domains for QUANTUM OF SOLACE last time around (just had to get that in there), it feels a good time to re-enter the CBn fray on a more regular basis. The rate of news seems to be picking up and it feels like BOND 23 is really kicking into gear. I'm sold on the logic of SKYFALL being the title that is on the drawing board, as I really doubt Sony would chuck money at grabbing those domains names just to put us off. It sounds pretty generic at the moment but if the film comes to become a great one, we'll all live with it very happily, I'm sure.

#169 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

Incidental costs to do so, however, if it leads to the protection of the real title's identity (though, surely, now everyone's checking registrations repeatedly and it's done nothing if not put them under far more intense scrutiny).

Curious. PR anytime, please.

#170 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

Not true. Quantumofsolace.com was registred on the 22nd of January 2008, just two days before it was announced officially.

Proof: http://whois.domaint...tumofsolace.com

"Created on..............: 2008-01-22."

Fairy nuff, may have misread that.

This was not only discovered by our very own CBners and reported on here, but their posts featured on a BBC News story just before the official press conference.

It was a great time to be on CBn.

:tup:

#171 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

Last time, as I understand it, media outlets were told about the press conference about 24 hours in advance, we got word of this shortly after that.

Okay, that makes sense. No doubt forum members have connections to the press.

How long was it between the discovery of the domiain registration and the press conference?

so when are we changing the title of this forum and moving the which fleming title do you want for bond 23 thread to bond 24 and changing the title?

When the title is announced.

it's 100% true and we all know it!

No, it isn't, and no, we don't.

So I assume you live by the Nile?

It is

Change the title of this forum Bond 23 is Officially Skyfall

#172 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

No, because we don't have official confirmation. Dur.

#173 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

It's a good one-word title and quite Bondian. I would be OK with it, if it was confirmed as the Bond 23 title.

-------

#174 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

Indeed, I don't see what the sudden hurry is to change the forum title? What's your motive? You wait until it's an official announcement before deciding it's official, nomatter how good the evidence. It would make CBn look pretty amateur and stupid if they went around announcing things as official when they aren't.

Skyfall.. hmmm, it's pretty stock to me. Sounds like an elevator company or something.. or maybe one of these new "Young Bond" novels. It's like a Bond film title that some kid might name their fan-fiction, rather than an actual official James Bond movie. Oh well, not been holding out high expectations for this film anyway - QoS disappointed me no end and still retains the shame of being one of the very few Bond movies I just can't watch again. Shame.

#175 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:01 AM

Tightpants, there won't be a conference as such just for the title.

I know. But when QUANTUM OF SOLACE was announced, they had a conference for the title, cast and plot details, and to annouce the beginning of filming. I know filming isn't planned until November, but I was hoping that the domain registrations might foreshadow an imminent annoucement, because, as has been pointed out, the QUANTUM OF SOLACE conference was held within two days of the discovery.

#176 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:46 AM

No, because we don't have official confirmation. Dur.

but i'm sorry we all know it is.

#177 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:49 AM

Speak for yourself, thank you.

#178 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:52 AM

Tightpants, there won't be a conference as such just for the title.

I know. But when QUANTUM OF SOLACE was announced, they had a conference for the title, cast and plot details, and to annouce the beginning of filming. I know filming isn't planned until November, but I was hoping that the domain registrations might foreshadow an imminent annoucement, because, as has been pointed out, the QUANTUM OF SOLACE conference was held within two days of the discovery.

I was hoping the same thing, Captain.

:tup:

#179 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

Personally, i think its just a glitch in the source code...

#180 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

Speak for yourself, thank you.

why would Sony register the sites if Skyfall isn't the title?