This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Will Bond 23 Be Titled SKYFALL?

451 replies to this topic

Poll: IF SkyFall is the title of Bond 23...

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

...which is, as at 7 October 2011, still a girthsome IF... do you think it's

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Ultimately, do you think this rumour is...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#211 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

Skyfall= bland

#212 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

SKYFALL is possibly more than an internet rumour.

BOND XXIII has been holed up at Pinewood for months now. I would hazard to guess that some cameras somewhere have already rolled.

The timings of previous announcements and press calls have no bearing on imminent ones yet to happen.

The Bond management have not got the time to play silly *uggers with faux rumours. It is actually a hell of a lot of work prepping a movie of this scale. Playing folk online off for fools is a waste of folk's time.

The ink is feasibly very dry on a lot of casting contracts.

So is Bond 23 Skyfall?

#213 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

So is Bond 23 Skyfall?

What makes you think he knows? Zorin could be a caterer of some kind - that way, he'd know enough to know that cameras could be rolling, but not enough to know the title ...

#214 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

SkyFall...

I truly hope that's not the real title. Sounds like a cheesy sci-fi movie about chicken little.

#215 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

So is Bond 23 Skyfall?

What makes you think he knows? Zorin could be a caterer of some kind - that way, he'd know enough to know that cameras could be rolling, but not enough to know the title ...

"Zorin's Meals On Wheels". Take your own cutlery and help yourself to dessert.

#216 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

So is Bond 23 Skyfall?

Because I hear Zorin makes a mean pie that causes people to spill their secrets....

And on a serious note he has yet to be wrong if he says Skyfall is on more then domain names then Skyfally is on MORE then domain names

#217 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

I'd usually say that Sony might not want to comment on every rumour because that'd just encourage them; but that Carte Blanche thing was odd, wasn't it?

The CARTE BLANCHE thing was an attention-grab, pure and simple.

Oh I know; I mean it was odd of Eon to bother denying it. They usually don't as there are so many of these rumours around. Maybe they thought it might upset IFP or the publishing house or something if they didn't.

#218 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

You know what I mean - the point is that you've never stated what it is that you do, and for obvious reasons. Just because you know some things, it does not mean that you automatically know others; in a position such as a caterer to Pinewood, you would know enough to know that filming has begun, but you would not have access to the title.

And on a serious note he has yet to be wrong if he says Skyfall is on more then domain names then Skyfally is on MORE then domain names

That's not a confirmation. For all we know, EON are planning an alternate reality game - like THE DARK KNIGHT campaign Why So Serious? - to be called "Skyfall".

Oh I know; I mean it was odd of Eon to bother denying it. They usually don't as there are so many of these rumours around. Maybe they thought it might upset IFP or the publishing house or something if they didn't.

I suspect it was because the rumour got picked up and run. A whole heap of websites, like IGN, Den of Geek, Cinema Blend and so on all reposted the story, and quite a few of them have excellent reputations - so people were more likely to accept it as being realistic, if not true; EON countered the rumours with a denial as form of damage control. It was easy for the dedicated fans to see though the story, but the less-involved and casual fans might not be able to disseminate it themselves and instead rely on those sites for their news fix.

As for why the story took hold, well, that's a very difficult question to answer in the day and age of social media. Think of it like the Casey Anthony trial in America - the public and the press simply got ahold of it and ran with it.

#219 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

Course the title of the next 007 film could well be SERVICE KILLS YOU and it is out in The Fall? Could equally explain the registered domains.

#220 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

…and anyone who’s read the Guardian today may have seen that, (at least according to Pinewood boss Michael Grade) Sam Mendes has been doing a bit of pre-official-announcement filming on Bond 23 at the studio. ;)

#221 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

It's gonna be called "Beyond the Ice" ;)

#222 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:02 PM

It's gonna be called "Beyond the Ice" ;)

or Aquator

#223 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

So is Bond 23 Skyfall?

Says someone, who claims ALL the time to know better - on both boards...I rather trust Zorin, IF I had to choose... B)

#224 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

That's as may be, but I never have and never will claimed that I know anything that I have no way of verifying. And if I do make a claim like "BOND 23 will be called SKYFALL", then I make damn sure to back it up with evidence. That's why I got stuck into NorthoftheThames - he said "Trust me, BOND 23 will not be SKYFALL", but had no way of supporting that statement with proof. He expects us to trust him and trust that what he says is true, but he has given us no reason to do so, and expects us to take his word for it. It's little more than blind faith when we have no reason to believe him.

#225 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

SKYFALL is possibly more than an internet rumour.

BOND XXIII has been holed up at Pinewood for months now. I would hazard to guess that some cameras somewhere have already rolled.

The timings of previous announcements and press calls have no bearing on imminent ones yet to happen.

The Bond management have not got the time to play silly *uggers with faux rumours. It is actually a hell of a lot of work prepping a movie of this scale. Playing folk online off for fools is a waste of folk's time.

The ink is feasibly very dry on a lot of casting contracts.

Hmmm, I have the oddest feeling you could be right, Zorin Industries.
Unless they're Blue Harvest-ing us.

#226 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

Two who I know on here I know know, and they know its SKYFALL.

Bond #23, therefore, is definately SKYFALL.

#227 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Two who I know on here I know know, and they know its SKYFALL.

Bond #23, therefore, is definately SKYFALL.

What?

#228 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

Don't look at me.

I'm just the caterer on this gig. I am in the midst of creating the dessert for the 007 Stage crew and tech boys. Think I will call it the Skyfall Trifle.

#229 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

What?

I'm an English teacher, and I didn't get it, either.

#230 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

Unless they're Blue Harvest-ing us.

Well Blue Harvest was just to stop fans bothering the shooting, wasn't it? Whereas Bond rarely bothers to disguise it (I had a 'CR' filming location just down the road from here for a while in '06!)- and this would be to make people think the film is called something else which, I'm not sure why they'd do that.
Indy 4 had about 5 possible titles released, but that was more a bit of fun, wasn't it?

#231 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

SKYFALL is an absolutely appalling title.

I agree... thoroughly unimaginative.

#232 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

Would you have preferred The Property of a Lady, which absolutely makes no sense? At least this one is original, and it's mysterious.

#233 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

Would you have preferred The Property of a Lady, which absolutely makes no sense?

Yes, I would prefer THE PROPERTY OF A LADY (or some other hitherto-unused Fleming title, or failing that an original title that's actually good). How do you know TPOAL "absolutely makes no sense"? Have you read the script for BOND 23?

#234 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

Would you have preferred The Property of a Lady, which absolutely makes no sense?

Yes, I would prefer THE PROPERTY OF A LADY (or some other hitherto-unused Fleming title, or failing that an original title that's actually good). How do you know TPOAL "absolutely makes no sense"? Have you read the script for BOND 23?

Why don't ya stop your bitching and complaining and learn to like the title Skyfall, because that's what we got.

#235 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

Why don't ya stop your bitching and complaining and learn to like the title Skyfall, because that's what we got.

So we have to like - or learn to like - everything that's given to us by the Bond people, do we? Do you like every Bond film? Every Bond novel? Every Bond title? Every aspect of everything that's Bond?

My opinion, if you'll allow me to air it, is this: SKYFALL is a dreadful title, regardless of whether or not it's the genuine title of BOND 23.

#236 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

What?

I'm an English teacher, and I didn't get it, either.

Got it; liked it. David S, are those rock-solid "knows"? You're personally acquainted with two of the members here, and you know they would have the inside knowledge necessary to be certain the title is Skyfall?

#237 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

Poll added.

#238 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

So we have to like - or learn to like - everything that's given to us by the Bond people, do we? Do you like every Bond film? Every Bond novel? Every Bond title? Every aspect of everything that's Bond?

My opinion, if you'll allow me to air it, is this: SKYFALL is a dreadful title, regardless of whether or not it's the genuine title of BOND 23.

I'm not saying that, but there's no point in complaining. It's not like they're going to change it.

#239 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

I don't particularly like it. Perhaps it grows on me, really don't know. That said I'm still not sold it's the real thing, regardless of the evidence.

#240 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

Might the naysayers be persuaded otherwise if the title SKYFALL was the name of Bond's ancestral home?