We've found it. That's the Bond 23 car!

#122 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:06 PM

If we're gonna have a homage to Octopussy, why not?

#123 Prof. Numbers

Prof. Numbers

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:40 AM

Another vote for the Bentley GT. It's damn good-looking.

#124 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

Let us not forget, Bond must look stylish and classic. So no Ferrari's or Lamborghini's, they are neither. They are only good for people who don't know what to do with their money or who want to show off, there is no beauty in those cars. If you go Italian, go for Maserati. Not for Bond but still, Alfa Romeo and Lancia are more stylish then a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

#125 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:57 PM

Let us not forget, Bond must look stylish and classic. So no Ferrari's or Lamborghini's, they are neither. They are only good for people who don't know what to do with their money or who want to show off, there is no beauty in those cars. If you go Italian, go for Maserati. Not for Bond but still, Alfa Romeo and Lancia are more stylish then a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Maserati not for Bond? I mean certainly there are brands I would put Bond in before Maserati, but

Posted Image

Can you honestly say you can't picture Bond behind the wheel of a GranTurismo?

I will agree, though, no Ferrari or Lamborghini.

#126 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

I meant that Maserati WAS for Bond; but Alfa or Lancia, although stylish as I find them are not (aren't rare and expensive enough for Bond). Hope I made myself clear. B)

#127 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:18 PM

I meant that Maserati WAS for Bond; but Alfa or Lancia, although stylish as I find them are not (aren't rare and expensive enough for Bond). Hope I made myself clear. B)

Ah, my mistake. That's what happens when I'm reading right after I wake up.

#128 Stuart

Stuart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:43 PM

This

Sorry. That's the new car for Scaramanga B)

#129 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:16 PM

Posted Image

#130 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

Another vote for the Bentley GT. It's damn good-looking.

It's the footballer's wives version of what Bond would have: namely the Bentley Brooklands:

Posted Image

#131 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:34 AM

Posted Image

Agreed. The Brooklands would make a beautiful Bond car. Even better than the DBS IMO.

#132 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:32 AM

Not fond of the white, but very much agree. Fantastic looking car.

#133 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:31 AM

Not fond of the white, but very much agree. Fantastic looking car.

I prefer white to silver, at least it's more original, and something we haven't had since the Lotus.

#134 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:56 AM

Personally the only cars I think look good in white are the Volvo P1800 and various Jaguars, but then that's really just my inner Saint fan seeping through. Silver isn't a fantastic choice, but I prefer it to white. Rather have black or a nice red. Not cherry, though. Something deeper. Less vibrant.

#135 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:38 AM

Personally the only cars I think look good in white are the Volvo P1800 and various Jaguars, but then that's really just my inner Saint fan seeping through. Silver isn't a fantastic choice, but I prefer it to white. Rather have black or a nice red. Not cherry, though. Something deeper. Less vibrant.

Silver is great because it's nondescript and subtle while still maintaining the tasteful, classy look that perfectly suits a character like Bond.

#136 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

Silver is great because it's nondescript and subtle while still maintaining the tasteful, classy look that perfectly suits a character like Bond.

Silver works fine with classic 60s cars like the DB5, but with modern cars it just looks generic and dull.

Edited by The Shark, 29 November 2009 - 01:46 PM.

#137 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

Silver works fine with classic 60s cars like the DB5, but with modern cars it just looks generic and dull.

How is white any less "generic and dull" than silver?

#138 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

i like white on a sports car, but it isn't a James Bond color really. Silver is great, but the dark grey on the last couple Aston Martin's was perfect.

#139 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

Because it's not a common colour on cars, particularly Bentleys or Aston Martins.

#140 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:03 AM

Because it's not a common colour on cars, particularly Bentleys or Aston Martins.

Perhaps, but as a secret agent, your job is to blend in and not draw attention to yourself. Anything above the most utilitarian color scheme would be imprudent. (Of course, the car also has to look good on screen. B))

Also, pearly off-white has a connotation of the color cars gangsters and rappers drive.

#141 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:50 AM

Perhaps, but as a secret agent, your job is to blend in and not draw attention to yourself. Anything above the most utilitarian color scheme would be imprudent. (Of course, the car also has to look good on screen. :tdown:)

That is why Bond tends to drive Aston Martins, they never stand our in a crowd B)

#142 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

Perhaps, but as a secret agent, your job is to blend in and not draw attention to yourself. Anything above the most utilitarian color scheme would be imprudent. (Of course, the car also has to look good on screen. :tdown:)

That is why Bond tends to drive Aston Martins, they never stand our in a crowd B)

Which is WHY I added that the car has to look good on screen. :tdown:

A silver Aston Martin is still much more subtle than a red one.

#143 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

Bond isn't supposed to be subtle, he's not a spy.

#144 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

Depends where you are. Red cars are pretty abound in places.

#145 Forward Look

Forward Look

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • Location:Atlanta, Georgia USA - home of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:30 AM

Wasn't he one in CR?

#146 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:19 AM

Depends where you are. Red cars are pretty abound in places.

Red/yellow/any typical hot rod color is considerably more eye-catching than silver, gray, or black.

#147 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:26 PM

Wasn't he one in CR?

He's a counter-intelligence officer. Different thing.

#148 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

Here are a couple of cars for future Bond movies.
I suggest the Bentley and of course any Aston Martin for Bond, and the Jag XJ, Porsche Panamera and Mercedes F700 for the bad guys.

Edited by AgentBentley, 02 January 2010 - 10:52 AM.

#149 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

If it werent for the Aston Martin DBS, I'd go for the Bentley GT everytime

#150 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans