This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

SPECTRE Teaser Trailer (non-spoiler discussion)

318 replies to this topic

Poll: Now that the teaser trailer is released

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

I...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

I...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If it's really possible to give a mark out of ten - might as well mark it out of banana - the marketing for SPECTRE so far has been... (10 splendid, 0 woeful)

My favourite teaser trailer for the Daniel Craig films is...

Vote Guests cannot vote

#301 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

If so, "Jurassic World" would be a good pairing in order to reach a wide audience since that film is tracking for a 100 million opening.

Other possibilities: "Terminator: Genisys" or "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation" in July.

I don´t think they will wait with the next trailer until August.

#302 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

Studios go more by genre films when releasing a trailer. The teaser was attached to Furious 7 which no doubt attracted a lot of people, so it was seen there (no one was phased by it in my screening).

#303 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

For your information: Sony finally uploaded the teaser posters to its EPK database. Which is quite late, two months after first release. Maybe something bigger is coming this week? Fingers crossed.

#304 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

For your information: Sony finally uploaded the teaser posters to its EPK database. Which is quite late, two months after first release. Maybe something bigger is coming this week? Fingers crossed.

To which one? The German one had the teaser posters rather late, when the teaser trailer came out, (is the Swiss one the same as the German one, Medianetworx?) but I thought that the UK and the US one (to which I have no access) had them earlier. But it could indeed but an indicator for something coming up.

#305 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:39 PM

The recent filming in London has satisfied our appetites again for the time being, but official content always creates a bigger level of excitement. Fingers crossed something happens soon.

#306 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

Yes it would be nice to have something soon with some action. I haven't been in the Spoilers section but I have seen a few photos online by accident, but actually I've deliberately kept away even from those in the last month. I am going to get some nice surprises both in the next trailer and also the movie itself.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#307 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

Any word on when we'll get the next trailer?

#308 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

Nothing. Its been very quiet lately.

#309 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:25 PM

Within the next month or so.

#310 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

By the end of July, I'd say.

#311 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

14th of August, according to this: http://projectionlis...#/site/trailers.

#312 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

Good find.  And it makes sense to couple it with "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.".

Unfortunately, that means we´ll have to wait for two more months.  Then again, the scenes in the next trailer can be chosen from the whole film.

#313 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:51 PM

I'm a bit surprised going with August. The IMAX trailer was with Dark Knight Rises, but the full second trailer wasn't until August though (after the Olympic games If I recall). I would've been fairly certain they would've attached it with Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, but Man From U.N.C.L.E. will work too.

#314 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:34 PM

That's a projected date. Not official. Basically it's the same as one of us taking a stab at a release date. I'm guessing we'll be getting something with Rogue Nation.

#315 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:43 AM

My only concern about the initial trailer is a vibe I get that this time it really, really, really is personal.

We've had a lot of personal vendettas recently and looking at Bond's family and past, and from this trailer, I get the feeling that they are trying to make it the most personal, yet, on these boards we've talked alot about how that element has been done to death recently!

Of course, Mendes and Craig may not even consider the Dalton and Brosnan Bonds when making a new movie, and so maybe this is why this revenge / personal theme keeps coming up.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#316 Silva25

Silva25

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

It seems more like the ongoing "humanization" of Bond to me.  One of the big complaints about the later Brosnan films, well aside from them being generic at best, was that they got too big and bombastic and he becoming basically a superhero.  The Craig films have tried to go in the opposite direction.  Plus, Bond's backstory, aside from a few brief mentions (most notably in Goldeneye) hasn't really been delved into in the films up until now.  And we still don't know THAT much about it aside from his childhood trauma.

#317 Alexedward

Alexedward

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:50 PM

I neither liked the teaser trailer or TV spot, but thankfully they released trailer you expect from a Bond. It has everything from explosions, thrilling chases, to romance. The trailer also gives numerous hints and took many inspiration from the previous movies. Did anyone notice OHMSS theme in the trailer ??

#318 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

Noticed in the first trailer there is a henchman in sunglasses to Waltz's left. Maybe Vargas reborn?

#319 hoagy

hoagy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:12 AM

When will the NEXT trailer come out ??????? Liked the first two very much...anxious anxious anxious...