This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

SPECTRE Teaser Trailer (non-spoiler discussion)

318 replies to this topic

Poll: Now that the teaser trailer is released

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

I...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

I...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If it's really possible to give a mark out of ten - might as well mark it out of banana - the marketing for SPECTRE so far has been... (10 splendid, 0 woeful)

My favourite teaser trailer for the Daniel Craig films is...

Vote Guests cannot vote

#271 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

Well done!  Fascinating how one can hear even more details when music and dialogue are separated.

Agreed on the detail.  It was detectable before, but you do get a better listen to that strange delivery of the word "name" in Craig's line "I was a meeting and your name came up."  Very similar to the awkward delivery of "You know the whole story" from Skyfall.

Do you mean strange in the sense of stressing the fact that Mr. White´s (real) name was mentioned?  I could imagine that SPECTRE will not necessarily refer to him by his code name.  

And the way he says "You know the whole story" in SKYFALL, do you mean awkward in the sense of vulnerable, for a moment not so self-confident?  Because that´s what I always felt when I heard Craig´s delivery of this line.

I was referring to the similar way in which he either puts drags out syllables that don't really need to be dragged out.  In Skyfall, it's "You know the whole stooory" and with the recent trailer, it's "...and your nnaaame came up".  It just sounds awkward, unecessarily so, to me, that's all.

#272 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:42 PM

I was referring to the similar way in which he either puts drags out syllables that don't really need to be dragged out.  In Skyfall, it's "You know the whole stooory" and with the recent trailer, it's "...and your nnaaame came up".  It just sounds awkward, unecessarily so, to me, that's all.

I've not noticed this, tbh.

#273 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:45 PM

Between the cello and the bells, I have never heard the Bond theme sound so malevolent. Reminds me of what Marvel did with "I Have No Strings" for the Avengers trailers.

#274 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

Between the cello and the bells, I have never heard the Bond theme sound so malevolent. Reminds me of what Marvel did with "I Have No Strings" for the Avengers trailers.

Or the Piano Theme in the Jurassic World trailers. Trailer music has been handled very well recently.

#275 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:39 PM

Err, c'mon folk, isn't this the teaser thread?

Sorry, I thought this was the "quote your favorite lines from Airplane!" thread. Won't happen again! 

Lot of spoilers here for the non spoiler thread.

I may be wrong, but I think the only potential "spoilers" consist of what can be dug out of the teaser. Not much more. Apart from Odd Jobbies', um, "colorful" theories.

#276 DavidSomerset

DavidSomerset

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

Don't know if anyone else noticed M's bulldog at 00:19. Also if that's Bond's flat then why are there so many books and boxes lying around? What is the secret he is hiding in those boxes because "he doesn't trust anyone"? But the main question I have after the teaser is whether Bond gets it on with Lucia Sciarra;)

#277 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:15 AM

Don't know if anyone else noticed M's bulldog at 00:19. Also if that's Bond's flat then why are there so many books and boxes lying around? What is the secret he is hiding in those boxes because "he doesn't trust anyone"? But the main question I have after the teaser is whether Bond gets it on with Lucia Sciarra;)

If I had to venture a guess regarding the boxes and books lying around, it would be that Bond has just moved into the flat.  Between that and the shot of the MI6 building at the beginning of the trailer, there's a fair amount there to suggest that SPECTRE doesn't take place all that long after Skyfall, so Bond has probably just found a new place to live after being declared dead and having his flat sold in Skyfall.

#278 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:44 AM

It's just one of Craig's vocal inflections. Might be down to his Chester/Wirral upbringing, I don't know, but I wouldn't say there's anything unnecessary or forced about his stresses. Certainly no more than Dalt's 'things could get NAASSTY!', 'I've had a few oppptional EXXtrasss installed!',  Sir Rog's 'fill her uuup pleease' or Big Tam's much parodied eshhes.

#279 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:51 AM

Exactly.  Although I´m not a native speaker, from my knowledge this is just a local inflection that might sound unusual for Americans.

#280 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

Devoted Anglophile that I am, I hear a lot of British accents and I've travelled a fair bit in the UK, but I really don't hear anything notable in Craig's speech patterns (great voice, though).  Obviously, British audiences will pick up on these things far more readily.

#281 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Had a little go at a TV Spot!

#282 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

Lot of spoilers here for the non spoiler thread.

I may be wrong, but I think the only potential "spoilers" consist of what can be dug out of the teaser. Not much more. Apart from Odd Jobbies', um, "colorful" theories.

Indeed ;)

Don't know if anyone else noticed M's bulldog at 00:19. Also if that's Bond's flat then why are there so many books and boxes lying around? What is the secret he is hiding in those boxes because "he doesn't trust anyone"?

It could be the late M's flat/house which we saw in SF. Perhaps he's using it, or bought it?

ETA:

Spectre-007-teaser-trailer-video-streami

#283 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:47 AM

They use whatever they want to score trailers. Many trailers use music from other movies, so long as they can get it cleared of course.

I thought the best recent example of this was the Godzilla trailer; under the sublimely beautiful shot of the marines doing a HALO dive into a city i'm pretty sure they used the score from the stargate sequence in Kubrick's 2001.  It worked perfectly - awe inspiring. Unfortunately they didn't use it in the actual movie and as a result the scene was a little anti-climactic after seeing/hearing the trailer.

Now that you mention it, I do remember that they've done this for a few trailers I remember seeing over the years.  I remember Valkyrie and The Box using the the theme from Saw in their trailers.  

Still, I hope that the music in the SPECTRE trailer at least reflects, at least in some small way, what Newman is going for with the film.  The chimes towards the end were pretty cool and lent a nice, creepy effect to the SPECTRE meeting and Oberhauser's voiceover.    

Another example was the teaser (or main trailer) for Air Force One with Harrison Ford back in the mid-to-late 90s. It used the music Run, Shoot And Jump from GoldenEye which was great.

If I had to venture a guess regarding the boxes and books lying around, it would be that Bond has just moved into the flat.  Between that and the shot of the MI6 building at the beginning of the trailer, there's a fair amount there to suggest that SPECTRE doesn't take place all that long after Skyfall, so Bond has probably just found a new place to live after being declared dead and having his flat sold in Skyfall.

I think you're right on the money about that tdalton.

#284 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:30 PM

But what would it look like if it was all made of Lego?

#285 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

Saw the teaser attached with Furious 7 last night. I have to say, I liked it much more on the big screen. The visuals, the music, everything.

#286 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

What was the reaction? Did you hear any mutterings, positive or negative?

#287 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

Despite a packed theater, it was pretty quiet. I know a few of my friends are curious about it as they did like the direction Skyfall went in.

But there was no mutterings whatsoever. Crowd was even silent for the Avengers: Age Of Ultron trailer which I thought was a little surprising.

#288 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:17 AM

Shrublands, LOVE the lego trailer!!! Superb!!
Did you do it? :D

#289 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:29 AM

My cousin and his girlfriend have seen the real Spectre trailer online and they both liked it a lot, even though it doesn't give a lot away and there's no action. As for the Lego trailer above - brilliant! Nearest I ever got to "Bond in Lego" - as a kid, made my own all yellow bricks version of Scaramanga's gun, and, as it was made of Lego, you could take it apart and put it together at will!

#290 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

Shrublands, LOVE the lego trailer!!! Superb!!
Did you do it? :D

Seconded. That was fantastic.

#291 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

Can't believe how quickly this was put together after the trailer's release.

Very amusing.

#292 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:39 AM

I am really looking forward to the next trailer because that will have some more plot and also, I suspect, plenty of action too.

Can't wait!

#293 Alexedward

Alexedward

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:16 AM

The teaser was good enough but wasn't great. It was not featuring any car chase or action sequence neither gave us glimpse of his any suit and tux. I have read somewhere else that the second teaser will be release in this month, is that true ??  

#294 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

Not sure about the release date, but I am certain that the second teaser will feature action.

#295 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

The teaser was good enough but wasn't great. It was not featuring any car chase or action sequence neither gave us glimpse of his any suit and tux. I have read somewhere else that the second teaser will be release in this month, is that true ??  

IMO it was nice to see something fresh instead of the same old things.

Edited by Walecs, 18 May 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#296 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:21 AM

IMO it was nice to see something fresh instead of the same old things.

That is true. It is good to see something different for Bond. But it all looked a bit Game of Thrones like to me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#297 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

With Jurrasic World tracking really high, don't be surprised if we have the first full length trailer that week.

#298 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

With Jurrasic World tracking really high, don't be surprised if we have the first full length trailer that week.

Or another trailer the same length as this one with an emphasis on action.

#299 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

"Jurassic World" is a Universal film, right?

The next big Sony release is... Adam Sandler´s "Pixels" in July.

Hmm.

#300 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:26 PM

I don't think they go by studios these days, just because SPECTRE is a Sony/MGM film, doesn't mean it will necessarily be released with a Sony or MGM film.