This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Did you like Danny Kleinman's Skyfall titles?

100 replies to this topic

#91 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

I love 'em; there may be slightly too many ideas in them, though. When we get to the black and white bit it almost changes style completely and is maybe feeling a bit over-full.

I love them too, but agree there was too much to them. Fantastic song and titles though.

_

#92 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Question; at one point in the title sequence when there's flames on screen (about 2:20 mark in the video of the sequence that's been posted), you can see someone wearing a blindfold, seated, and presumably yelling and thrashing about. Who is this meant to be? Is it Silva during his torture?

#93 starschwar

starschwar

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Question; at one point in the title sequence when there's flames on screen (about 2:20 mark in the video of the sequence that's been posted), you can see someone wearing a blindfold, seated, and presumably yelling and thrashing about. Who is this meant to be? Is it Silva during his torture?

Wow, great catch - I never noticed it. The camera zooms in on his open mouth, transitioning to fire. That's almost certainly Silva taking his cyanide.

#94 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

And the fire comes from Chinese dragons does it not? That certainly ties in with Silva's backstory.

#95 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

And the fire comes from Chinese dragons does it not? That certainly ties in with Silva's backstory.

Yeah, I'd say so. Great catch, guys. Makes the title sequence even better.

#96 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

The black and white kaleidoscope bit was a bit much, i have to say. It looked a bit naff too. The only blip in otherwise an outstanding titles sequence by DK.

#97 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

The black and white kaleidoscope bit was a bit much, i have to say. It looked a bit naff too. The only blip in otherwise an outstanding titles sequence by DK.

With this being the internet you knew someone would disagree with you...

I really liked the B&W portion. It came across more of a Rorschach test (less of a kaleidescope) which I thought fit in with Bond's psychological testing. It also seemed to be a nod to the classic silouhettes of the older Bonds.

Edited by 00Hockey Mask, 29 November 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#98 starschwar

starschwar

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Yeah, I'd say so. Great catch, guys. Makes the title sequence even better.

And it later leads to a skull - Silva's hacker symbol. And the skull's teeth detach and become Bond's parents' tombstones... impressive stuff. None of the other title sequences have manged to so perfectly capture elments of the plot, thematic elements, and locations. It really takes on a whole new context on subsequent viewings.

#99 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Random thought...Danny and MK12 both love a good descent into the pupil of an eye, don't they?

#100 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Wow, great catch - I never noticed it. The camera zooms in on his open mouth, transitioning to fire. That's almost certainly Silva taking his cyanide.

Noticed it now. Got the HQ video in my PC so I took a screencap of that part. Not sure if I can hotlink the images here due to copyright but I'll send them if any of you needs them :)

#101 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Noticed it now. Got the HQ video in my PC so I took a screencap of that part. Not sure if I can hotlink the images here due to copyright but I'll send them if any of you needs them :)

Yes! definitely!